Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (912912 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2018
sam4jesuseva:
Please I need help. After granted graduate Assistantship, do I still need statement of account. Please somebody help?

If the assistantship cover your cost of attendance, then You might not need a sponsor. Buh if the assistantship doesn't cover the full COA, then you will need a sponsor who will be paying the rest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Omonoba1981(f): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2018
Is it wrong to complete G.E.D while on visitor permit to US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2018
Well from your list of admits...
Loyola is the highest ranked school there, followed by Kennesaw.
Did you get any form of funding from of any of the schools mentioned.
Let Funding guide your choice here... with research fit, funding is the next major reason to chose a school.
Also I know Loyola Chicago computer science program to have active and outstanding professors who are great in their field. Also the Campus is beautiful, if that sort of thing attracts you too.

Tee94:
Hi everyone. I need help deciding on a program...

I got into a few programs in the US for MSc Software Engineering & MSc Computer Science with Software Engineering track. I have tried over the past few days to decide on which one to attend, but I'm not making a headway. I have done a ton of research, read reviews on reddit, rate my professor and so on. I just want input from anyone who is or knows someone currently enrolled in one of these schools to provide me with more "real" information, you know, what It's actually like attending any one of these schools, particularly as a Nigerian student. 

The schools are :

Bradley University, Peoria Illinois.

Kennesaw State University, Georgia.

Loyola University, Chicago.

University of Houston- Clear Lake

Towson University, Maryland.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ovitbaby(f): 11:50am On Jul 06, 2018
Ubah1:

Thank you so much.
No, dont do that. That will raise an eyebrow. Your sister as sponsor is enough. Find a good reason why your sister is sponsoring. Like i said earlier, it all depends on V.O. If what you filled earlier is genuine, no need change anything. Just go for your interview and hope for the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
GraceofGodfollo:

You are a wise man.

Thank you bro....don't forget.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
nawa ooooo...no posting of transcripts again abi .. two guys got their visa approved yesterday and they refused to share it with us .....this thread is slowly becoming boring....thanks to those who take their time to help those in need of information ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tunapawizzy: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2018
lullu:
Same lady interviewed me, she only asked two questions, although i was already distabilized befor getting there, she didnt give me the opportunity to show my toefl or my waiver from the school. Well am just going to relax for now and differ my admission, i want to rewrite another toefl and score higher, and probably get a travel experience. I know am going to study come spring, my dreams cant die like that.
Dont worry we will make it. Saying thanks to all who have always been of help here @ Lagosismyhome, @ inperiuxxx and all i cant mention
sorry about that...maybe the time just wasnt right for us, maybe we didnt do enough, plenty maybes... lets just improve and see how we can give them compelling reasons to grant us visa next time. i intend to re-apply immediately though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
jolowizzy11:
nawa ooooo...no posting of transcripts again abi .. two guys got their visa approved yesterday and they refused to share it with us .....this thread is slowly becoming boring....thanks to those who take their time to help those in need of information ...

Only two?

I don't think they really issue visa like before..... This kinds of things hardly hide themselves. Maybe all there is are visa denials and people are simply ashamed to share. Even so, people should share...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
You should never have done that. And you shouldn't disclose you did. You were there to visit. How did you manage to get GED with a visiting visa anyway?
Omonoba1981:
Is it wrong to complete G.E.D while on visitor permit to US?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
Haryormeedey:
Hi guys, good morning.

I am wondering, is it possible I submit my ds-160 form a day to my interview ??

Gurus in the house, please say something on this abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Haryormeedey:
Hi guys, good morning.

I am wondering, is it possible I submit my ds-160 form a day to my interview ??

No, you should submit it days -if not a week - before your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Omonoba1981(f): 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
fairheart:
You should never have done that. And you shouldn't disclose you did. You were there to visit. How did you manage to get GED with a visiting visa anyway?

its a 3 months program and your status is not needed to be admitted for a GED program. I just got a letter of invitation to attend the GED graduation.

I started from stage 5 of GED for the 4 subject I sat for

And i also got a F-I 20 into associate program for the school.

Or can I tell VO I was only there to write the exams

I had the opportunity to change status, instead I came back to apply from Nigeria. Should that not be a plus?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzomaks: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good Day my people pls I need your assistance to pay my SEVIS fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzomaks: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
Haryormeedey:

Gurus in the house, please say something on this abeg

You would need your confirmation NO so no. plus it is always better to be untime last minute is not the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
mzomaks:

You would need your confirmation NO so no. plus it is always better to be untime last minute is not the best.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
winterstorm:

No, you should submit it days -if not a week - before your interview.

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sam4jesuseva(m): 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2018
Please is the cost of attendance the same as tuition and fees? Thanks
Haryormeedey:

If the assistantship cover your cost of attendance, then You might not need a sponsor. Buh if the assistantship doesn't cover the full COA, then you will need a sponsor who will be paying the rest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by akatovic1: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
US VISA INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT
(however this may not be the exact words but this is the best I can remember)

Me:Good morning
VO:Good morning (collects passport and I20).
VO: (scans passport and looks at I20)so you will be going to Rensselaer(pronounces it as Renesslaer) Polytechnic institute for a doctorate degree, can you please tell me about it
Me:I hope to begin a doctoral program in mechanical engineering, where I will be specializing in thermal and fluid sciences. I will also be working under Prof Shankar Naranayan of the Energy Systems Laboratory where we will be working on the causes and mitigation of instabilities in fluid flow through micro channels for electronic cooling and this system is based on Vapour compression Cycle.
VO: what will you be doing with the PhD?
Me: I hope to come back and impart on the younger generations as I lecture at the University of Nigeria . Also when I went for the international Physics Olympiad,I noticed that Nigerians are lacking behind in terms of experimental validation of theory and I hope to contribute in proffering solution to this problem on my return. Finally, I also hope to join the National Center for Energy Research and Development on my return.
VOsadstill continues typing like he is a court clerk) Are you married?
Me:No
VO:Do you hope to get married in the next one or two years
Me: No (wetin you think I go answer before)
VO:Ok we will be approving your visa, remember you can't enter the US before your earliest time of resumption which is July 21 please make sure you keep your I20 as you will need it on entry into the US.
Me: (after hearing the magic word *approved*,I start dey dance for my mind but I just maintain outside) Thank you sir
(Collects white paper and walks briskly before person go change mind)

Thank you everyone on this thread you're far too kind

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Micheal3727: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
akatovic1:

VO: (scans passport and looks at I20)so you will be going to Rensselaer(pronounces it as Renesslaer) Polytechnic institute for a doctorate degree, can you please tell me about it
Me:I hope to begin a doctoral program in mechanical engineering, where I will be specializing in thermal and fluid sciences. I will also be working under Prof Shankar Naranayan of the Energy Systems Laboratory where we will be working on the causes and mitigation of instabilities in fluid flow through micro channels for electronic cooling and this system is based on Vapour compression Cycle.
Me: I hope to come back and impart on the younger generations as I lecture at the University of Nigeria . Also when I went for the international Physics Olympiad,I noticed that Nigerians are lacking behind in terms of experimental validation of theory and I hope to contribute in proffering solution to this problem on my return. Finally, I also hope to join the National Center for Energy Research and Development on my return.
VOsadstill continues typing like he is a court clerk) Are you married?
Me:No
VO:Do you hope to get married in the next one or two years
Me: No (wetin you think I go answer before)
VO:Ok we will be approving your visa, remember you can't enter the US before your earliest time of resumption which is July 21 please make sure you keep your I20 as you will need it on entry into the US.
Me: (after hearing the magic word *approved*,I start dey dance for my mind but I just maintain outside) Thank you sir
(Collects white paper and walks briskly before person go change mind)

Big congrats to you

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
akatovic1:

Congrats man..
Well thought out and well articulated responses....
The Visa was always yours.
Thank God

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osaos(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
guys I wan go for my master's US. how much should I be budgeting?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abid4akin(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2018
There are now surfeit vacancies on Saturday 21st July- Lagos embassy, I think this is specially designed for those that will be applying towards this coming fall... This would be good news to many people, especially for those that are hoping to reapply.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jeffery23: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
Hello house,

Please help me out,after filling my ds-160form,I scheduled for appointment at abj next month,I got to discover my ds-160 confirmation number was different from my ds-160 appointment appointment(it’s my previous ds-160 number appearing during my last interview)

Please,how can I sort this out immediately,since I was told both Ds-160 number and the one of apppintment must be the same ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by stalone001: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
Omonoba1981:
Another question, if you have an aunt in US is a citizen of US and you plan studying in US, will that be bad for your application
This is wrong information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by myright: 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
jeffery23:
Hello house,

Please help me out,after filling my ds-160form,I scheduled for appointment at abj next month,I got to discover my ds-160 confirmation number was different from my ds-160 appointment appointment(it’s my previous ds-160 number appearing during my last interview)

Please,how can I sort this out immediately,since I was told both Ds-160 number and the one of apppintment must be the same ?
click "update profile" on your visa appointment page and update it with the new D's 160 number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jeffery23: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
myright:
click "update profile" on your visa appointment page and update it with the new D's 160 number

Thanks,I have done that but,how can I print another appointment confirmation with the new DS-160 confirmation number ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bombman: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
sam4jesuseva:
Please I need help. After granted graduate Assistantship, do I still need statement of account. Please somebody help?
how much is your assistanceship amount
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by myright: 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
jeffery23:

Thanks,I have done that but,how can I print another appointment confirmation with the new DS-160 confirmation number ?
click on "appointment confirmation"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jeffery23: 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
myright:
click on "appointment confirmation"

I appreciate your feedback ,God bless you

Bro,the only option I can see on my dashboard are cancel appointment ,emergency request ,appointment history.
I need to print the new confirmation please,I already printed one before i discover the error which has been updated as instructed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by myright: 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2018
jeffery23:

I appreciate your feedback ,God bless you

Bro,the only option I can see on my dashboard are cancel appointment ,emergency request ,appointment history.
I need to print the new confirmation please,I already printed one before i discover the error which has been updated as instructed.
not on the left top corner of the screen, it is one of the rectangular bottons at the bottom of the screen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MrCuteking(m): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
Hello room, I love this forum with passion. Please I have a question.
A school asked me to send them including others

"A complete graduate school application with a statement of purpose"

I don't know what it means.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
sam4jesuseva:
Please is the cost of attendance the same as tuition and fees? Thanks

No it's not the same.

Tuition and fees
Room and board
Meal plans
Books
Transportation
Plus some other expenses.

This is what makes up COST OF ATTENDANCE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.