Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months (6488 Views)

USSD: MTN Snubs Banks, Links 77 Million Subscribers To FINTECH Platforms / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / Telcos Lose 4 Million Subscribers In One Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by InternetGenius(m): 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) statistics subscribers under the GSM category shows that 14.3 million active network users have been lost within 10 months as active mobile subscription from 9mobile, MTN, Glo and Airtel crashed from 154.7 million in January to 140.4 million in October, 2017.

MTN and 9mobile lost 11,528,125 and 3,400,894 subscribers respectively as Airtel and Globacom gained 422,925 and 190,031, accordingly between January to October.

As a result of the deduction of subscribers from 9mobile and MTN base from January to October 2017, MTN and 9mobile lost about 27.32 billion potential voice revenue within the 10 months period under review.

The porting activities experienced by telecommunications service providers in October fell to 19,419 from 33,504 recorded in the month of September.

In terms of outgoing porting, 9mobile lost 3,088 subscribers to other network providers; MTN lost 2,777 subscribers; Globacom lost 2,409 subscribers; while 1,432 subscribers left Airtel, making a total of 9,706 porting activities.

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://prexblog.com/telcos-lose-14-3-million-subscribers-in-10-months/
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2017
What do you expect when the top losers stylishly increase data and voice plan

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by KushyKush: 7:28am On Dec 11, 2017
Sorry for derailing. I just wanna ask this harmless question. Where is TSTV?

Apparently, nothing works in this country. Not the educational system, not the Government, not even Broadcast systems

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Uchenaija: 7:28am On Dec 11, 2017
Seriously shocked

I have this cool business idea that can yield you 5 million naira in 3 months if you are willing to invest 200k. If you have a brand you want to promote throughout Africa that'll be an additional advantage to you in this partnership.

If you're interested please mail me at michaelayomide001@gmail.com
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Welrez(m): 7:31am On Dec 11, 2017
I want to give a shout-out to glo.... Una too much!

3 Likes

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by firstolalekan(m): 7:34am On Dec 11, 2017
Same thing will happen to Globacom soon.

Very stupidly slow network.

You buy a 4gb plan for one month and you'd only be able to use 100mb before the slurry nonsense expires.

Useless people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by dayleke: 7:34am On Dec 11, 2017
Poor services noni....
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by briggz09(m): 7:34am On Dec 11, 2017
Glo be acting like d best network undecided
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Virtualaccounts: 7:35am On Dec 11, 2017
This is not unconnected to the harsh business environment. Alot of people have reduced from carrying 2 or more phones/simcard to just 1.

We do not anticipate any improvement in the near future. Sad realities.

www.virtualaccountant.ng

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by buchilino(m): 7:36am On Dec 11, 2017
TELCOM COMPANIES R NOT D PROBLEM, BUT D CRIMINALS IN GOVT WHO HAVE BETRAYED DER OWN PPLE ALONG WITH DIS COMPANIES TO RIP OFF NIGERIANS

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by firstolalekan(m): 7:38am On Dec 11, 2017
KushyKush:
Been wondering too

This mumu people no get better manager.

No publicity at all since
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by buchilino(m): 7:39am On Dec 11, 2017
Luukasz:
TSTV will get better when the time comes, just that you foolish Nigerians who prefer to use foreign products rather than our very own wont give it time

D GUY ASKED A HARMLESS QUESTION, N U CHOOSE TO INSULT HIM INSTEAD. DER IS SOMETHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH U.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by firstolalekan(m): 7:39am On Dec 11, 2017
Luukasz:
TSTV will get better when the time comes, just that you foolish Nigerians who prefer to use foreign products rather than our very own wont give it time

4 Likes

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by blackpanda: 7:40am On Dec 11, 2017
eezeribe:
Buhari why

Lol u no well. Which one concern bubu
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by SILVA112(m): 7:41am On Dec 11, 2017
KushyKush:

Apparently, nothing works in this country. Not the educational system, not the Government, not even Broadcast systems
Waiting for buhari to stepdown ''
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Abudu2000(m): 7:43am On Dec 11, 2017
Hmm to subscribe now na war oo. Infact thats why i dont engage in ewars. I ve come to understand that anyone who can buy a smartphone and sub at d same time deserves my respect coz i know how much i spend on mtn data monthly...

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by humilitypays(m): 7:43am On Dec 11, 2017
If u go to US, Canada, UK, Australia, etc embassies in Nigeria, u will understand why this news is so....Nigerians are running away from Nigeria en mass since late 2015 because of increased hardship embarassed
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by ruffDiamond: 7:43am On Dec 11, 2017
Welrez:
I want to give a shout-out to glo.... Una too much!
glo na criminal network ..big data but the poorest of service.. stop deceiving people .I be old glo subscribers... their dirty tricks no work again, people don wise. when it comes to browsng ,their signal, when e full is the most weakest and useless in Africa.. I'm angry as I'm typing this uploading and downloading takes forever even on full signal. rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by SILVA112(m): 7:43am On Dec 11, 2017
buchilino:

D GUY ASKED A HARMLESS QUESTION, N U CHOOSE TO INSULT HIM INSTEAD. DER IS SOMETIME FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH U.
That 1 pain am
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by humilitypays(m): 7:48am On Dec 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
A alot of factors might be responsible but the primary remains the poor leadership of Buhari has made most Nigerians some of the poorest people on the planet that many people are no longer able to sustains two phone lines conveniently again , another reason is that life expectancy under Buhari is so low and mortality rate so high that many GSM Subscribers have lost their lives to hardship, lack of health care , poor security , human abuse and extrajudicial executions all of which are hallmarks of the very disorganised govt we currently have.
aside the reasons u gave, Nigerians are fleeing Nigeria en mass as if there is civil war in Nigeria since Buhari came into power.

If Nigerians make the mistake of re-electing Buhari for 2nd tenure, Nigeria will be a horrible country to live for the next 4 or more years.

In the interest of Nigerians, Buhari should plz not contest plz

3 Likes

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by buchilino(m): 7:49am On Dec 11, 2017
SILVA112:
That 1 pain am
EXHIBITION OF MORE FOOLISHNESS
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by UfuomaUN(m): 7:50am On Dec 11, 2017
The situation is even worse than presented by the OP. Many Telco related companies are in deep financial crisis. A Telecom company I know gradually over the year sacked all their well paid staff in operations Dept without reason and replaced them with fresh graduates and interns cos they can't pay 6 figure salaries anymore. Even in the SBC were I work, I happened to come across nearly 50 names that would be dropped this December while poking my nose in my boss files. Worst part is some of them are my friends but I just can't bring myself to call them and tell them.

That's why when people say Buhari for 2019 I feel an irresistible urge to strangle them or get a gun and shoot them.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:53am On Dec 11, 2017
firstolalekan:

You buy a 4gb plan for one month and you'd only be able to use 100mb before the slurry nonsense expires.

Useless people.

where do you live pls? Am more worried how my mb vanishes and you're talking about slow network...

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by ruffDiamond: 7:56am On Dec 11, 2017
firstolalekan:

Useless people.
utterly useless network. they like deceiving people with big unusable data !airtel with even two bar is a whole lot better and gives plenty of useful bonus too. try it and see.I don pack glo put one side since..stupid lot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by oseiwe(m): 8:00am On Dec 11, 2017
Who did they lose them to? undecided
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by firstolalekan(m): 8:06am On Dec 11, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:

where do you live pls? Am more worried how my mb vanishes and you're talking about slow network...
Where I live doesn't matter.
A good network should have a good coverage.Glo lacks that greatly.
For your question, I live in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Limitations Of Droidvpn / Get 1.5GB On Airtel For Just #200 / How To Activate The Etisalat 1GB For N200 Data Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.