Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Unpoetic Poems - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Unpoetic Poems (779 Views)

Hey Guys. Let's All Create Poems. Check Thread / Short poems on love lost and love found / How Poems Rise Into Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpoetic Poems by Blaqgirl: 1:28am On Dec 11, 2017
Feelings of fresh petals like little kisses upon your cheek. I glimpsed in your eyes what I haven't seen before, not the contradiction of will and want, but what I haven't felt before.

Feelings of fresh petals like everything could come alive. I glimpsed in your smile, not the disconnection between thought and words, but the understanding of words not uttered by neither friend or foe.

Feelings of fresh petals like something new before your eyes. I felt in your kisses feelings you thought you could hide and thoughts you did not chide, not now or ever before.

Feelings of fresh petals like your feet on dewy grass. I felt like a good thing squashed underneath your desires and lust, ignored, dragged and further ignored.

Feelings of fresh petals upon my skin. I felt like there could be something new, pretty and soothing with edges of blue. But like plucked petals, it didn't last long, it died at the peak of the sun of life, gone..forever and a day more.
Re: Unpoetic Poems by Blaqgirl: 2:04am On Dec 11, 2017
Love

They say money answereth all things But Love definitely is the excuse for many things

Love, The reason he holds her hands, watches her smile and thinks of her.

Love, The reason he cares for her,protects her the reason he is her man.

Love the reason for the black eye the battered face and the broken ribs.

Love..the reason she stays,the reason they say he would change..because he Loves her in his own way.

But as she holds the gun in her hands she knew they'll wonder, they'll ask why she pulled the trigger. Her answer will be simple Love.. For him, For her peace and For her Life.
Re: Unpoetic Poems by Blaqgirl: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
Dreams

Girl, she had a dream, a big dream. To do better than aspire to a “husband's” house, to be capable to making her own decisions without family and societal pressures.

Girl, she had a dream, a big dream. That she'll be relevant in more than just the other room, that her intellect would be her bargaining power not her boobs or private areas.

Girl, she had a dream, a big dream. That She'll stop being the reason he touched her without her consent. That he'll be taught that NO doesn't have an undertone of yes.

Girl, she had a dream, a big dream, but she was awoken to the realities of life, her dreams relegated to the realities of her about to become a cliché. Her dreams bought and squashed. She wasn't ready, she wept, not to be a mother nor a wife.
Re: Unpoetic Poems by Blaqgirl: 3:03am On Apr 05, 2018
I'll always remember to not forget what you think I'll forget, even tho I'm reminded by memories of our forgotten past.

I'll always remember to not forget your lips on mine, like oil in water one stained the other, they never got to mix but they could hardly separate.

I'll always remember to not forget the way you laughed, like a little bush fire it spread down to my soul till our voices echoed of happiness not spoken but felt.

I'll always remember to not forget the gleam in your eyes, it ignited fires in the corners of my soul, and outshined the little light of doubt that once shone.

I'll always remember to not forget your whispers in my ears, of crazy nothingness, of barren promises, but I smile anyways, drunk on lies told with the charm of foolishness.

I'll forget to remember only when the sun that wakes you doesn't wake me, when the moon that counts time doesn't count me, when the stars that shone bright become weary

1 Like

Re: Unpoetic Poems by tonyxxx(m): 10:40am On May 11, 2018
Blaqgirl:

I'll always remember to not forget what you think I'll forget, even tho I'm reminded by memories of our forgotten past.

I'll always remember to not forget your lips on mine, like oil in water one stained the other, they never got to mix but they could hardly separate.

I'll always remember to not forget the way you laughed, like a little bush fire it spread down to my soul till our voices echoed of happiness not spoken but felt.

I'll always remember to not forget the gleam in your eyes, it ignited fires in the corners of my soul, and outshined the little light of doubt that once shone.

I'll always remember to not forget your whispers in my ears, of crazy nothingness, of barren promises, but I smile anyways, drunk on lies told with the charm of foolishness.

I'll forget to remember only when the sun that wakes you doesn't wake me, when the moon that counts time doesn't count me, when the stars that shone bright become weary

Jaey_Omasan
Awesome

(1) (Reply)

Poem ;comment And Criticism Is Allow / Someone Loves U / Who???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.