Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As (604 Views)

Nathaniel Bassey Shares His Relationship Experience (so Educative) / Horrible! Two Kids Burnt To Death In Mysterious Fire Outbreak In Ondo State / 100-Year-Old Python Killed In Okigwe, Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by olaniyisamuel(m): 6:38am On Dec 11, 2017
The #EndSARS campaign on Nigerian Twitter last week seem not to have bothered men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS)

- The hashtag was trending for almost 72 hours on Nigerian Twitter prompting the police authorities to intervene

- The intervention of the police headquarters seem to have yielded no result

The commissioner for youths, sports and public safety in Imo state, Rodney Tony Ajaelu, has narrated his recent experience with operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Ajaelu who took to his Facebook on Sunday, December 10, to give account of his encounter with SARS officers, said he and his co-travelers were robbed by the controversial police unit along the Asaba-Benin expressway.
He wrote: “I and my sports colleague travelling to Lagos for AG meeting of the Nigeria Cricket Federation was robbed by these so called SARS officers along Asaba to Benin expressway.

“The CP of Edo should look into this matter and find this group of police officers who continue to disgrace the police force.

“For 2hrs we were held hostage with handcuffs not minding that I identified myself as a commissioner in Imo state. Every money found on us and in our bags were taken, my wrist watch was taken, my pepper spray was taken, other valuables were taken too.

“So many times during this ordeal guns were corked and we were told that they will shoot us dead and nothing will happen. Our phones were taken away from us, so that we can't make any call, the place was so lonely and they forced us to park where their hidden car was parked.

“A brown Camry written police by the two sides of it. From that point where we are, you will not see a passing car approach till it zooms past.”

Ajaelu said when they were asked to go, he reminded the leader of the operatives that they had no other money on them.

According to him, the six started debating on how much they would give to them.

He continued: “After about 10 minutes one brought 3,500 out of over 40,000 they took. As we were still with the one who brought the money, another officer came with an extra 1,500 and added. We were now been forced to drive off.

“Even when we noticed that oil was dropping from our car and wanted to check. They refused and told us to go to somewhere else and do the repairs.”

Ajaelu wondered that if as a public officer, he is subjected to such treatment, he can only imagine what innocent citizens are made to face from the SARS operatives.

He called on the Inspector General of Police to flush out the bad eggs in the Nigeria Police Force and bring sanity to the system.

https://www.naija.ng/1139795-imo-state-commissioner-shares-horrible-experience-sars-operatives-asaba-beni.html

angry

Re: Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by eezeribe(m): 6:41am On Dec 11, 2017
The summary of everything he wrote there is.....
#END SARS
Re: Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by eezeribe(m): 6:42am On Dec 11, 2017
lalasticlala,Mynd44
Re: Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by olaniyisamuel(m): 6:45am On Dec 11, 2017
angry
Re: Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by obedugo(m): 6:48am On Dec 11, 2017
Mr commissioner, there anger is that of all the numerous status your oga is erecting in Imo state there Oga own and there own no they there... Sorry for the incedent sir..
Re: Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 11, 2017
.He who is without sin should cast the first stone...not supporting the bad deeds of these sars. .but honestly..stealing and corruption has become the order of the day n this country and nothing anybody can done about it...

From politicians ooo, to lecturers ooo, to doctors, even to we citizens. .we steal,exploit the weak in one way or another...

U will see a corrupt he goat been harassed,exploited or robbed by another thief..the corrupt thief been robbed will be crying wolf...I only laugh at these scenarios because Nigeria is a corrupt state and by the time we get used to that..the better for us...

Just like Afghanistan and Iraq and Somalia 're used to wars...I think we should get used to corruption as nothing can be everly done about it...
If u have not stolen or exploited someone in ur life before,whether with gun,logic,manoeuvres,knowingly or unknowingly no matter how little,
I DARE U TO QUOTE ME..
Re: Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by thesicilian: 7:09am On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by smulti(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2017
thesicilian:
Nigeria is a failed state.
Best known as ZOOOOOO .

1 Like

Re: Imo State Commissioner Shares His Horrible Experience With SARS Operatives On As by Tk4all(m): 7:38am On Dec 11, 2017
like my friend submit earlier.
imo State commissioners are not recognised due to the kind of portfolios they hold. Who knows if you're the
commissioner for tears and lamentations.

(1) (Reply)

Makeg Money Scam You Should Fall For In 2018. / Valentines Day 2018 Love Messages!!review!! / Need To Undergo Roustabout Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.