Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business (6862 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / ## Newly Constructed 5000 Capacity Pig Farm With Farm House For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 9:10am On Dec 11, 2017
Hello folks, As a fellow farmer, I have shared a lot of valuable information on this site based on my personal experience.

The truth about Pig Farming is you can’t wish away adequate training especially if you treasure your investment.
Over the years many people believed they could learn along the way but alas after exhausting their war-chest they quit.

The reality is Pig Farming is a profitable business venture and yet like every form of agriculture it is very technical and requires constant research and development.

In order to address some of the challenges encountered by farmers and with a strong desire to sustain the industry I will be commencing a first of it's kind, twin tracked production methodologies (Intensive Pig Farming and Pasture Pig Farming) practical training to solve the recurrent and emerging challenges in the pig industry in Nigeria.

Below is a brief overview of both programs

INTENSIVE PRODUCTION SYSTEM
The typical way of rearing pigs which involves raising pigs in concrete pens and providing all their feed and labour needs.

Course Outline for Intensive Production System

Pig Housing, Facilities and Equipment

Feed and Nutrition

Feed Formulation

Reproduction

Breeding Challenges(Sow Mortality, Weaner Mortailty, Diarrhoea)

Health and Diseases

Castration

Financial Analysis

Marketing/Sales

PASTURE PIG FARMING
An approach to raising pigs by allowing them graze on plants and other natural resources with or without supplemental feeding within a confined environment.
The Pasture program helps you unlock the potentials of our natural environment for raising pigs in a low cost, safe, profitable and sustainable approach.

Course Outline for Pasture Pig Farming

Establishing the Pasture

Pasture Feed and Nutrition

Pasture Housing, Facilities and Equipment

Breeding

Castration

Health and Diseases on the Pasture

Financial Analysis

Marketing

Expected Benefits from Pasture System

Zero/reduced feed costs

Zero Housing Costs

Zero Labour Costs

Taint free meat

Leaner carcass

Bonus Training
Processing Primer..... an introductory course about converting pigs into valuable Pork Products

Classic ebooks on Pig Farming

Some of the practices to be learnt are also beneficial in other areas of animal husbandry(cattle, goat, sheep), poultry and aquaculture.

Its my intention to transfer a generation of knowledge and resources to participants at the training, at the end of the program the farmer is well informed and adopts the track that guarantees sustainable profits and management.

Call, SMS or WhatsApp 08034209301 for further Details
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by juliebrown: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
How much do charge
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 9:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Facts

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by wazilo: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2017
Sir please where,when and how much I this training going for.
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2017
[quote author=wazilo post=63238969]Sir please where,when and how much I this training going for. [/quote

Training takes place on my Farm in Ota, Ogun state.

It's a carefully designed 3 Day Program and scheduled on personal requests
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
True

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by opwa4us(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2017
contact me for ur Best large white weaners in Ibadan... WhatsApp or text 08068770308
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
Breeds

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 11:50am On Dec 21, 2017
Cost saving approaches

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhu2Gpt3MOE
We practice both Intensive and Pasture Pig Farming.
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2017
Pigs are very useful

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2018
Meshian breed

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2018
Pig facts

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
Facts

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 10:13am On Jan 10, 2018
Outdoor farrowing

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 10:21am On Jan 11, 2018
Cost saving strategies

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
Practical learning

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by Rubbiish(m): 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2018
femu:
Outdoor farrowing
What if them thief the pigs?
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 7:52am On Jan 16, 2018
Rubbiish:
What if them thief the pigs?
It's easier to steal a pig inside the pen than outside
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by Ensho: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2018
I Resides In Abuja,wat Is D Cost Of D Training?
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2018
Affordable feed Formulations provided

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2018
secrets of the business revealed

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 11:06am On Jan 23, 2018
Free range production training

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 10:38am On Jan 24, 2018
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 10:40am On Jan 24, 2018
Majority of the Pigs produced in the south west end up in Warri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeCnS7zlzw0
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 11:28am On Jan 25, 2018
With the right skills you spend less and remain profitable

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Facts

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 10:52am On Jan 26, 2018
Boar

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 12:40pm On Jan 27, 2018
Alternative feed sources

Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by femu(m): 9:44am On Jan 29, 2018
Despite challenges the long term outlook for pig farming in Nigeria is bright
Re: Professional Pig Farm Training ----new approaches to the business by Hardethunbee: 11:41am On Jan 29, 2018
Good morning,
please i wan to ask, what is the Market end information on the selling price of peels as feed to Piggery farms.

thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sweet Potato Farming (aug To Nov 2018) / Appropriate Use Of Fungicides / TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.