Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

*overcoming Depression (my Personal Story)* - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / *overcoming Depression (my Personal Story)* (840 Views)

How Do I Build My Personal Brand As A Professional? - Prackage / Pls Help Me. I'm Going Into Depression / Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*overcoming Depression (my Personal Story)* by josepn(m): 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
*OVERCOMING DEPRESSION (MY PERSONAL STORY)*

Yesterday evening while Listening to JON OGAH - UNCLE SURU ft Adekunle gold and Simi with my white earpiece in the corner of my room, I begin to think about the number of difficult situations I have slogged through in recent weeks, among them is the fact that I can't find a Job, the Client that refuse to pay me after writing a long article for him which took me days to complete, the Zero Naira in my account among others and how I begin to spend a lot of time in bed under duvet, then I got the inspiration to write this short piece on DEPRESSION.

Depression can be profound sadness; loss of meaning; not wanting to live; feeling too much; feeling too little; not being able to get out of bed; not being able to sleep; being unable to eat; eating too much; not being able to move; exercising compulsively. many people will suffer from this condition at some point in their life time. This is because as humans, we are all susceptible to general feelings of sadness, negativity, helplessness and emptiness. However, major depressive moods are highly distinguished and identified by its severity, persistence and duration.

One of the major way to tackle depression is not to allow negative thoughts about many activities block your improvement and interfere with your happiness. If you find it difficult to motivate yourself, stop prejudging and avoiding activities because you believe you wouldn't enjoy them or wouldn't be good at them. If you force yourself to start, you will often find that you do get some pleasure from and gain some skill in the activity after all.

Sharing a problem with someone else or with a group can give you support and an insight into your own depression but if certain people in your life contribute to your depression by the things they do, you may need to become more assertive with these people, to reduce your contact with them, or even to eliminate them from your life.

The fastest way to change an emotion is often simply to act the way you want to feel. Act happy, smile regularly, act friendly toward other people, and participate in plenty of interests and activities. Strive to be virtuous, accept emotional pain, work on conquering your personal problems, and improve your thinking habits. These things will lead to happiness. Conquering your depression may take days or weeks, depending on its severity, how long you have had negative thinking habits, your personal problems, and how much effort you put into it. Thank you for reading

You can RE-BC to Educate a depressed Soul.

Written by: Omosule Abimbola Lawrence, A freelance writer and a Social Analyst

Ff me on:
Facebook: Omosule Abimbola
Twitter: @Omosulelaw
Instagram: @Omosulelaw
Whatapp: 08102320310

Bye for now.
Re: *overcoming Depression (my Personal Story)* by josepn(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
lalastilala , mynd44. please.. thanks in addy
Re: *overcoming Depression (my Personal Story)* by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
The best way of overcoming depression is communication. With your body, with the environment and with human beings around you.

Communication works like hugging, it let's off the bonding hormone, called Oxytocin. It improves empathy and mental health gains.

Solitude is the food of depression. Feed it and watch yourself sink into deep deadly waters. Starve it and watch yourself grow. Nature helps. Humans help. Your body also helps. Communicate with all three.

Read these articles to get the drift and free your mind.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/can-conquer-depression-uplift-mind-urbanization-lifestyle-vs-urbanization-mind/

http://www.mortalpoet.com/dont-waste-your-pain/

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Freelance Writer At The Rate Of #3 Per Word? Check This Out! / Over 600 Officers Of Federal Fire Service Got Promoted / Which Hand Work Can I Learn In 4months And Use The Work To Raise A Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.