Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:26 PM

Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech (37313 Views)

Patricia Etteh Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today / BBNaija: Governor Wike Appreciates Tacha For Mentioning Him In Her Presentation / Patricia Etteh Celebrates Her 64th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Umartins1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
She wrote via her facebook page

This was the way Secondus started his acceptance speech:

“PDP – Power to the People

Power to the People-PDP.

Your Excellencies,

The former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR.

Your Excellency the former Vice Presidents Atiku Abubakar and Nnamdi Sambo

Your Excellencies the former Senate Presidents, Anyim Pius Anyim and David Mark

His Excellency the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu

Your Excellencies the former Speaker of the House of Representatives Demji Bankole and Patricia Ette”

REJOINDER TO THE MENTION OF MY NAME IN THE VICTORY SPEECH OF THE NEWLY ELECTED NATIONAL CHAIRMAN OF THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY, PRINCE UCHE SECONDUS

I, Rt. Hon. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh, hereby issue a disclaimer with respect to the mention of my name in victory speech of the newly elected National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Prince Uche Secondus, as follows;

1. That I am unequivocally not a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP);
2. That I was not in attendance at PDP's national convention of Saturday, December 9, 2017;
3. Owing from (1) and (2) above, I do not consent to the mention of my name in such a political gathering;
4. That I am a card-carrying member and member of the Board of Trustees (BOT), the apex Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC);

Unfortunately, this can only happen in Nigeria, where people use other peoples' name to shine and gain credence.

I'm disappointed in the play of shenanigans in the political climate of Nigeria; why I, Rt. Hon. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh, can be forgotten so soon, having achieved this much politically in the midst of men, being the first and still the only Female Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Let me sound it loud and clear, that history cannot be changed, as I have paid my dues in the service of this nation, and I refuse to be celebrated after death, as against being celebrated while alive. If the right people fail to recognize my service to the nation, my God will fight for me.

In conclusion, I hereby state that no party should take my humility and gender for granted, believing that I cannot move if I feel like. I am an ardent advocate for good governance, and if I deem it that the running of affairs of a certain political party is not in the best interest of the citizens of Nigeria, I will not hesitate to make my move. The intendment of this statement is not to please any political party or association, but to set the records straight.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria,
Happy Sunday.

Signed.
Rt. Hon. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh, CFR

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2068669313364892&id=100006655293237

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by LessNoise: 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
I understood the part where she took offence to her name been used buh I don't understand the later where she says she's been forgotten.....madam no be use use how many millions renovate house for u and ur deputy....the first tin they do is buy Cars and renovate buildings I really don't understand this kind of government at all

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by BRIGHT180(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
leaders come leaders go it is how resourceful or reckless you were with the leadership position that sticks to the heart of the followers

4 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Umartins1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
LessNoise:
I understood the part where she took offence to her name been used buh I don't understand the later where she says she's been forgotten .....madam no be use use how many millions renovate house for u and ur deputy....the first tin they do is buy Cars and renovate buildings I really don't understand this kind of government at all
We think alike

29 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by uwa1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
Etteh you no go hide yourself... the first female speaker, is that a legacy. After your election, your primary objective was to lavish tax-payers money for your comfort... You better respect yourself..

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Umartins1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2017
uwa1:
ok
What? shocked
Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Kenzico(m): 4:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
uwa1:
Etteh you no go hide yourself... the first female speaker, is that a legacy. After your election, your primary objective was to lavish tax-payers money for your comfort... You better respect yourself..

She's very Stupid!! She ain't got no shame either

35 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by bedspread: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
I guess the error was done in the euphoria of Celebration...
Madam Ette ur point has been Noted

6 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by yeyeboi(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
600 million dollars or was it naira?

4 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by divine842: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
Calling all nigerian youth,if we dont get this now,we would never get it,if we let this old apc and pdp biggots as they have eaten into our country,making life hard for we youth Come back to power then we are doomed..we would have to come together with a mindset to surprise those old biggots that think this country is a family inheritance come 2019..we cannot sell our future and children future for 2k election money never.
Do we youths ever think of our childrens future.these biggots are not only eating ours at the moment but finger picking our childrens own..
You might say its none of your business,but yes it is, because if we dont get it now we would be doomed in few years to come..i stand against pdp&apc biggots and political thieves.

We are youth and we are strong

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by otijah(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
Who is she plz

2 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by geostrata(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
hmmm
Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Newbiee: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
Where are the AMC (Atiku Media Campaign)? Over to you.

5 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Sharon6(f): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ghen Ghen... E don happen!

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

1 Like

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by IamPatriotic(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
ghenghennnnn

1 Like

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Sharon6(f): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
otijah:
Who is she plz
Obasanjo's girlfriend and former speaker who stole billions of naira

1 Like

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by dukie25: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
In conclusion, I hereby state that no party should take my humility and gender for granted, believing that I cannot move if I feel like.

She is putting APC on notice, even now.

8 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Northernonyenku(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
Women n pride
Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by ekems2017(f): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
Sorry mma. Pls we don't even need you in Pdp. So sorry for the mistake.

Are you not suppose to be happy that Pdp made a mistake in calling your name. I have never heard I repeat never heard your name in Apc even for once.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by tociano009(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
Stupid woman Ole

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by 9jatatafo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Abeg pdp news is too much
Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by samstels: 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Useless thief that could not hold power without stealing
Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by emekatimsu(m): 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
How can she be forgotten.

Is she not that wan that used billions of dollars to renovate her official house? History will never forget her

9 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by olenyi: 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Lol
Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by Ugoeze2016: 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
When do we start seeing younger people in politics? Enough of these old people
Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by emperorchedda(m): 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
shocked shocked So this aunty still exists, even in APC. After stepping on Obasanjo's toes then he in turn sent her packing in the guise of using 700 million naira to renovate house

4 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by sammyj: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
Things are beginning to fall apart for the evil power self seeking party !!! angry shocked shocked
Re: Patricia Etteh Rebukes Uche Secondus For Mentioning Her Name In Victory Speech by colly22boy(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Opens Up On Leaving Buhari, APC / Biafra Protesters Arrested In Buckingham Palace, London (Photo) / Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.