Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year (29780 Views)

Mohamed Salah Named 2018 African Player Of The Year [Full Awards List] / Mohamed Salah Named 2018 BBC African Player Of The Year (Photos) / Vote For Victor Moses As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by groundnutoil(m): 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2017
fizzy94:

He scored 15 goals and assisted 11 last season with Roma leading them to 2nd in seria A, even if Chelsea had won treble Moses won't still beat that.
thank you alot
most people think football end with epl

2 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by BlackManta(m): 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2017
emmy3k:

is it d no of trophy or level of performance, try get this fit.
and y do u quickly forget his exploit wit Roma last season.

Dont mind them.
Most peole commenting never knew Salah until he joined Liverpool.

I'm a big fan of seria a and i have been watching Salah and Roma.
The guy scored 19 goals and got 11 assists.
He also led Ejypt to nations cup final.
All these happened last season.

But most people claiming they know football, they think Salah was born this season...SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Veeflow(m): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2017
This one wey no dey best 100 .. OK oo

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by osazsky(m): 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2017
Bills2307:
lol epic
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by BlackManta(m): 11:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
groundnutoil:
thank you alot
most people think football end with epl

Dont mind them.
They think winning epl trophy automatically makes Moses the African best player.

What about Salah that scored 19 goals and 11 assist for Roma and led Ejypt to nations cup final.

His performance is useless just because he didn't get a trophy.

EPL fanboys claiming they know football.
The only league they watch is epl.
Most of them dont know Salah until he joined Liverpool.

4 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by BlackManta(m): 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
donblade85555:

don't u kn d meaning of last season?

If you want to talk about last season, Salah led Ejypt to nations cup final....Moses was absent with Nigeria at the tournament.

How about that undecided

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Birminghamvirgo(m): 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
conqratz Mo' well deserved

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by crisycent: 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2017
Rubbish....when Mane dey there
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by RX480(m): 11:48pm On Dec 11, 2017
Moses deserved it.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by kingphoenix10: 11:52pm On Dec 11, 2017
U guys should give it a rest. It a voting process open to everybody. All you do is sit down and complain . Medicine after death na im una like. Most of u didn't vote Victor Moses. Is it only by daydreaming it? We need to do more as Nigerians in supporting our own. Even in football sense who made a better footballing improvement? Salah was the star of AS Roma and was voted as such while Moses wasn't the star of Chelsea. That gong went to that tiny man with 50000 mAH battery(guy no dy tire. like seriously). So no need to be forming keyboard warrior here when you could have put all that internet data to good use. Let's support ourselves, please.

3 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Collins10(m): 11:55pm On Dec 11, 2017
EHIRIMCHA:
something is not right here.so Samuel eto didn't win d award even wen he was at his peak playing 4barcelona and Cameroon
But you know you didn't have to quote the whole article again, right?
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by iluvpomo(m): 11:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
Tolulopefinest:

Can't you just be civil in your use of words?
Or has the moribund economy frustrated you to this level?
Chai .... see powerful insult grin grin grin
The he-goat that you fired this insult upon still get mouth to be responding ... he really should take a vacation from Nairaland for 1 week shocked
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by goslowgoslow(m): 12:01am On Dec 12, 2017
MrCross:
OMG IKANT BLIVE IT
FIRST TO COMMENT!!!
OMG...I WANT TO THANK MY NEW NETWORK PROVIDER 9MOBILE FOR ALLOWING ME ACHIEVE THIS FEAT WAOH!
Mumu!! Is that your best achievement in life?
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 12, 2017
MrCross:
OMG IKANT BLIVE IT
FIRST TO COMMENT!!!
OMG...I WANT TO THANK MY NEW NETWORK PROVIDER 9MOBILE FOR ALLOWING ME ACHIEVE THIS FEAT WAOH!

Your mates are winning nationa presidential elections. Who ftc epp?
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by alen4smith(m): 12:39am On Dec 12, 2017
smithsydny:
Nigerians are wicked.. We could not vote our own to win.. If nah Big brother old men and women go dey spend recharge card in govt officials..

2mro now them go say him no gree play well for world cup..

What a country
as if salah doesn't deserve it.your post captures exactly the problem of nigeria."na my brother syndrome"

2 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by SonOfmercy007: 12:43am On Dec 12, 2017
kendrick9:
salah singlehandedly qualified Egypt to d world cup yet apparently he wasn't Moses mate.....u are a big foool..
Idiot was that last year.....biggest fool
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 12, 2017
alen4smith:
as if salah doesn't deserve it.your post captures exactly the problem of nigeria."na my brother syndrome"
what does nah my brother syndrome gat to do with this sir? Voting our own means nah my brother syndrome?

The other guys that won the people that voted were robots and humans.

Uncle goan sleep its late.. Dont argue with me plz
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 12, 2017
Well deserved
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by alen4smith(m): 12:57am On Dec 12, 2017
smithsydny:
what does nah my brother syndrome gat to do with this sir? Voting our own means nah my brother syndrome?

The other guys that won the people that voted were robots and humans.

Uncle goan sleep its late.. Dont argue with me plz
always put competence ahead of other considerations thats my take.that salah is a better player than moses is a fact you can't argue

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 12, 2017
alen4smith:
always put competence ahead of other considerations thats my take.that salah is a better player than moses is a fact you can't argue
e done do ... I no get strength for wahala o
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by oloriLFC(f): 3:23am On Dec 12, 2017
Tolulopefinest:

Are you sure.... What about moses?
How Many Nigerians Voted 4 Moses? The Egyptians hav been very strong, voting wise, doing same for Mo Salah whenever he gets nominated 4 player of d week in d UCL
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by oloriLFC(f): 3:35am On Dec 12, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
shut up...guy....like he said d award was for last season....salah was firing for Liverpool dis season...if Nigeria had participated in nations cup and did well Moses for start a good chance bt as an attacker who score goals sslah was at advantage to win it
u people shd stop arguing unnecessarily jare. did salah's career start @ liverpool? did anyone ranting here 4low his play at Roma? And Lastly,did U And Others Even Vote 4 Moses?
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by oloriLFC(f): 3:40am On Dec 12, 2017
Collins10:
Ayam not understanding some of you o.
Do you know that even a grandma in the village can vote in this award?

Was the site not made available?

How many of you voted enmasse for Moses to make sure he wins?

People that loved Salah voted for him and you guys are now crying 'foul'.

Haba!
Dnt mind them! they come 2 nairaland just 2 post comments and thereafter, complain while others r supporting their own with votes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by oloriLFC(f): 3:47am On Dec 12, 2017
Pharaoh001:
Salah winning the Award doesn't equivalent that he's going to win the CAF..i haven't see Auba winning the BBC award before claiming the CAF two times
No it doesn't, but he'll win it

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by ykalhaji(m): 4:15am On Dec 12, 2017
See idiot Nigerians, Mo SALAH abi wetin be the wayray name deserved to win. Lmao. Let me tell you fools, do you think Egyptians will ever acknowledge that one of our "black" Nigerian players is better than their worst player Make una dey there dey fool una sef. De-racialized idiots.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by PenPrince07: 5:49am On Dec 12, 2017
Forceup:
This kind of awards are not won by merit but votes.. Nigerians didn't vote for Moses..

I don't just know why this country is like this??

So painful
cry cry

Thanks for this. Many Nigerians did not vote for Moses. The award is decided by votes from fans.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by adefolarinwa01(m): 6:14am On Dec 12, 2017
Chukazu:
Very faulty and useless decision.

People who do this voting are usually Short sighted and emotional.

The award is supposed to be for last year's performance not this year and to show how useless the outcome is, he is already attributing accolades to his Liverpool teammates (all of his performance for Liverpool only counts for next year's award)instead of AS ROMA teammates of previous season

And if the award is truly based on past season's performance,then he doesn't even deserve the award, Victor Moses far deserves because he won a #TROPHY -THE PREMIER LEAGUE, JUST LIKE MEiHREZ who won premier league with Leicester City .

Of the five players , VICTOR MOSES was the only one who achieved success with both club and country

I hope CAF won't repeat same nonesense!

The influence of Riyad Mahrez at Leicester city cannot be compared to that of Victor Moses at Chelsea. Moses wasn't the biggest influence neither was he the next on the line. I love Moses but I believe Mo' Salah was much better. He's got a better record, goals and assists. Let's not be sentimental here.

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Chukazu: 6:24am On Dec 12, 2017
BlackManta:

You dey craze ni

Mane was better than Salah last season and scored more goals

Who told you that

You dont watch seria a at all.
I bet you just started taking note of Salah this season.
You are obviously unaware of Salah's goalscoring prowess for AS Roma before he joined Liverpool.

Salah scored 19 goals for AS Roma last season, Mane scored 14 goals last season.

Salah guided Ejypt to Nations cup final.
Mane crashed out.

Moses didn't play.

And you are here telling me that Mane scored more goals than Salah.

You didn't know Salah until he joined Liverpool.

Mane crashed untop your coconut head

So Senegal didn't qualify for world cup and Mane didn't score for them

You very moronic to quote me with an insult undecided
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by edi287: 6:26am On Dec 12, 2017
Tolulopefinest:

Taking into consideration last season's achievement I think Victor Moses deserves the crown...the award is about last season achievement not this season...salah wasn't Victor Moses level last season both in club and country.

But, Are you really a Nigerian?
Salah was also superb for Roma. Why do you think Liverpool spent 35m on him?? He also was great at afcon. Add that to his current form and you'll see why he won. If Mane hadn't gotten injured, he probably would have won it.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Chukazu: 6:29am On Dec 12, 2017
adefolarinwa01:

The influence of Riyad Mahrez at Leicester city cannot be compared to that of Victor Moses at Chelsea. Moses wasn't the biggest influence neither was he the next on the line. I love Moses but I believe Mo' Salah was much better. He's got a better record, goals and assists. Let's not be sentimental here.

Did you see what I posited ?

Moses was the only person who achieved success both at club and country...AS ROMA NEVER WON ordinary "pin" last year
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Pharaoh001(f): 6:32am On Dec 12, 2017
oloriLFC:
No it doesn't, but he'll win it

he can't win the CAF award....because riffraffs won't be allow to vote unlike BBC.
only a genuine football bodies would be allowed to vote...and V.Moses might claim it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea Announces Signing Of Ross Barkley From Everton (Photos) / Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance / Emmanuel Emenike Allegedly Attacks Single Mom In Lagos After A Disagreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.