Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" (24704 Views)

Amaechi: I Was Not Beaten In Spain, IPOB Evil Plot Failed Woefully / Amaechi: "I Go Shoot Am O! No Talk Atiku, Say Bagudu" - At APC Campaign In Kebbi / Rotimi Amaechi: 'I Don't Drink Or Smoke, What Do I Need Money For?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by LadyNaija(f): 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2017
Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, says after praying and fasting for three months, God used a friend to help him raise N200 million needed for his personal expenditure and litigation fees to reclaim his mandate in the 2007 election.

Although Amaechi won the primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), it was Celestine Omehia, his cousin, who represented PDP in the election.

Amaechi had headed to the court and after six months of legal battle, the supreme court sacked Omehia and he was eventually sworn in.

Speaking at a thanksgiving service in Port Harcourt, Rivers state capital on Sunday, the minister charged the congregation to believe in the power of prayer.

“The truth is that we believed God. Some who didn’t believe left us just as they are leaving now. God told me that what he will do in Rivers State will tingle the ears, and I believed,” Amaechi said.

“We were so broke, we could not pay legal fees or children’s school fees. My wife prayed every day and night. I was fasting and praying for three months. I told God ‘I have a friend who has money, please make him remember me.’

“I called my friend and he told me he has been looking for me. I told him I was in Ghana and he asked for my account… He sent me Two hundred million naira. This is just to tell you that I believed God and he answered me.

“We must all go back to God in faith and prayers. Those who want to leave can go. I have come to understand that God passes us through these challenges to prove himself. Now that they have left, for me, this is an opportunity for the youths. It is your turn. You must ensure that we get to power for you to fill the vacuum left.”

He said if members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) did not pray, 2019 will “be very far from us”.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/12/after-praying-and-fasting-for-three.html

[img]https://2.bp..com/-0DZ4d6xkvdA/Wi7bdbo9tPI/AAAAAAAAJvI/xhKyBkj4Z58cF3C1K_lHqmvuyM0V4I5igCLcBGAs/s640/Rotimi-Amaechi-653x365.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Cameleon72(f): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
The greatest prayer warrior

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Paperwhite(m): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
Amaechi seems to be trying hard to be relevant these days for absurd reasons.It seems he is afraid of something.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2017
[center][/center] grin grin

I tap into ur grace sir

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by anonimi: 6:54am On Dec 12, 2017
Cameleon72:
The greatest prayer warrior

..........or the greatest LIAR and rogue who mingles easily with barawo bubu and his 40 thieves

Mogidi:
He delivered good governance hence his protégé was unsuccessful in his bid to become governor.
Amaechi is high on grade 1 Buhari urine.

ijekul:

As the Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up by the Rivers State Government to probe the sale of valued assets of the state and other matters continued its sitting on Friday, the technical consultant to the state on the monorail project, Arcus Gibbs revealed that  he advised former Governor Chibuike Amaechi against continuing with the project.

Managing Director of Arcus Gibbs Nig Ltd, Wiero Viguezang, however said his company gave the advice only after collecting N22.9bn from the Rivers State Government since its services were enlisted in March 1, 2010.

Viguezang spoke when he appeared before the commission to explain the role played by his company in the monorail project being probed by the commission.

While being cross-examined by counsel to the commission, Dr. Zaccheus Adangor, Viguezang, stated that the monorail project was no longer tenable considering the shortfall in the state’s revenue and the inability of its original technical and equity partners, TSI Nig Ltd, headed by the former military administrator of Rivers State, Brig-Gen Anthony Ukpo (Rtd.), to fulfil its obligations to contribute 80 per cent of its equity holdings.

He disclosed that the state owes his company N1.1bn for its services.
He also said the company had in a letter to the Rivers State through the ministry of transport, in April, made a six-point recommendation to the Rivers State on how to unbundle the monorail project in such a way that the state government can salvage some financial benefits out of the N33.9bn so far invested in the project. The monorail project was originally estimated to cost about Euros2250m.

The technical partner had in its sixth point of recommendation suggested to the Rivers State Government to unbundle the monorail project and approach the manufacturers of the mechanical components and rail tracks in Germany and exploit the possibility of reselling components at a lower price to the manufacturers.

He said the company also advised the state government to consider the option of using the monorail facilities for other commercially viable purposes, mentioning the spaces between pillars and surrounding areas of the monorail project, stressing that the area between Azikiwe Road and the UTC axis could be put into very fruitful commercial purpose.
Viguezang also told the commission that his company and the state government had planned to unveil the monorail project last April specifically to mislead the people of Rivers State into thinking that the project, which has gulped N33.9bn, was still on course.

He admitted that his company wrote a memo to the commissioner for transport to arrange the unveiling of the project essentially for media coverage since the project was “technically uncompleted”. 

According to Viguezang, “We actually wrote to the ministry of transport in January, to arrange for the governor to unveil the monorail project in April for the attention and coverage of the media based on the expectation of the people of the state.”

When asked to clarify if the unveiling was to deceive the people of Rivers State into believing that the controversial monorail project was ready, Viguezang admitted; “It was to deceive the people into believing that the monorail project was at last ready”.

The managing director, however, stressed that “apart from the media coverage and public attention that it is expected to generate, the monorail was not technically and commercially ready. Only phase 1a within phase 1 of the project was ready. So, there was no way the public would have been able to use the monorail as at April when we asked the ministry of transport to unveil the project to the media”.

Viguezang admitted that the Rivers State government enlisted services of Arcus Gibbs at the cost of N600 million from March 1, 2010 to December 1, 2010, after the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with TSI collapsed because TSI could not raise revenue to fulfil the payment of its 80 per cent equity share capital.

He stated that part of its role as the technical service provider to the Rivers State government concerning the monorail project was to evaluate and assess the activities of TSI and give an independent opinion to the Rivers State government.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-technical-consultants-advised-amaechi-against-monorail-project-after-collecting-n22bn/218811/

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by anonimi: 6:57am On Dec 12, 2017
Paperwhite:
Amaechi seems to be trying hard to be relevant these days for absurd reasons. It seems he is afraid of something.

Afraid that his lies, stealing and thuggery may catch up with him at last as the wind of change the CHAIN-ge gathers momentum.

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3483217_amaechidollarisation_jpegb5e0800e024c28f6be3bb816a31e3e74

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Atiku2019: 6:58am On Dec 12, 2017
We were so broke, we could not pay legal fees or children’s school fees. My wife prayed every day and night. I was fasting and praying for 3 months. I told God ‘I have a friend who has money, please make him remember me.’

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by BudeYahooCom: 6:58am On Dec 12, 2017
Lies meant for zombie consumption. grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by jodeci(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2017
Who was that froend? Nyesome Wike?

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Lomprico2: 7:11am On Dec 12, 2017
Hmmm!

Many people have been fasting and praying for years for just 3 square meals a day and none of their friends have dashed them 1k b4. Some for jobs and no one has told them to come n sweep their compound.

A criminal claims he fasted and prayed for 3months so that he will get enough money to win political post and loot and oppress and cause more poverty, hunger and job loss and God answered him instantly! undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by obonujoker(m): 7:11am On Dec 12, 2017
Now I know why daboomb keeps defending you always.....

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by ufuosman(m): 7:18am On Dec 12, 2017
The friend fit be wike, cos wike help am a lot to become governor.

Ameachi and wike will be grateful to each orda. Two best friend till tomorrow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Firstcitizen: 7:58am On Dec 12, 2017
cheesy
Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Newbiee: 7:58am On Dec 12, 2017
Hmmmmmmn!

Wetin I go talk for dis one.

May our prayers be answered
Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Factfinder1(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2017
This man dey lie sha

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Heywhizzy(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2017
God always answer to those that desperately seek him
Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Heywhizzy(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2017
But it seems Amaechi has forgotten bout the miracle hence his misbehaviour
Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by zombieHUNTER: 7:58am On Dec 12, 2017
Fraudsters grin grin

They can only fool the zombies of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Ermacc: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2017
same Man that claim he doesn't like money.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Edopesin: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2017
So?
Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by AishaBuhari: 8:00am On Dec 12, 2017
This news made FP yesterday how he prayed to God and all of a sudden he got 200million from an old time friend while he was in Ghana with his family!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2017
The man who doesn't like money. He's never stolen

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by AdolfHitlerxXx: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2017
200 million !...my friends suck! angry

Birds of a feather flock together.

Change your friends or upgrade yourselves, Negroes grin

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by deepwater(f): 8:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Yes he is correct
These guys are truly broke and all from poor homes.

Hence the need to steal from the common wealth to fund their lavish lifestyle is always there!!!!

200m, 2007, borrow
And when amaechi award a road contract to his friend and he fails to deliver, how amaechi wan take query am?

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by sureheaven(m): 8:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Amaechi seems to be trying hard to be relevant these days for absurd reasons.It seems he is afraid of something.

The man isn't afraid of anything, he trying to tell u there is power in prayer and fasting

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Wow. So 200M is the sort of amount that can just change hands without ringing bells across our so called regulatory agencies.

Try transferring the equivalent of $500k see if you, the sender and your bank won't receive every possible invitation in places without our boundaries.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by frankwyte: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2017
I love Ameachi for just thing: his boldness! but his ability to respect, forgive and move on he is undoing.... He would have made a good leader but he is too heady. God uses those who are humble and a clean heart... Wike seem to understand this more than him.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by Lexusgs430: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2017
Who was that friend?
Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by bright007(f): 8:06am On Dec 12, 2017
OK
Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by yanabazee: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2017
Amaechi....stop lying!
Re: Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" by frankwyte: 8:08am On Dec 12, 2017
I love Ameachi for just thing: his boldness! but his ability to respect, forgive and move on he is undoing.... He would have made a good leader but he is too heady. God uses those who are humble and a clean heart... Wike seem to understand this more than him. [color=#990000][/color

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thirty Nine Parties To Adopt Atiku / Wale Ogunade: Ambode Would Have Surpassed Achievements Of Tinubu, Fashola If…’ / Fire Guts INEC Headquarters In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.