Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government (23855 Views)

Indomie Noodles Made In Nigeria Are Safe For Consumption ― NAFDAC / What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? / Prices Of Gas Cookers & Cylinders In Nigeria (2019) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by DemonInSiege: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2018
mzHANA:
Been expired doesn't makes it useless.

This is Nigeria not whites country

When it explode in your house then you'll know the benefit
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by eLcastro(m): 11:51am On Jan 14, 2018
Oya fg come and take it na.....#hiss
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by edoman2016: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2018
How can we identify expired gas cylinder? It is better to be proactive. Gas is no joke.
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by bee101: 11:56am On Jan 14, 2018
u very correct, during GEJ Adm. LPG Price( 12.5kg= 2600, 6kg= 1300, 3kg=650 , while 1kg=250 and Cylinders price ( 50kg= 18,500 nao 30,000, 12.5kg 7500 nao 10,000. 6kg= 5500 nao 8,300. 5kg= 4,500 nao 6000 or 5500 depend on sales while 3kg= 3,500 nao 5000. naija I hail. I guess we retailers re going on regulation over this cos of the powerful force dominating the industry even building a a Gas Plant in a residential area. Abeg can anyone help with English speaking country that 700k or 8 can get to. have to leave before I begin constituting nuisance by sitting @ home all day
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by vioment: 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
Not only that metals corrodes on the inside, it rubbishes the combustion when used in generators that is why generators don't live through their expectancy in Nigeria. It is also a hazard. But I understand its economic reasons. The country is useless as of now and before now, so complex regulations are non existent.
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by ajani1978(m): 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2018
What happened to Nigerian Gas Cylinder at Ejioku along Iwo road
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by Fourwinds: 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2018
fratermathy:
Expired gas cylinder? Hearing this for the first time. I've been using my cylinders for over 12 years now. Are they expired?

Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by sonofthunder: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
and what are they doing about this.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by sonofthunder: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
aspirebig:
Who carried out the survey?
maybe they can tell because they are the ones that also import them for us.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by Fourwinds: 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2018
mzHANA:
Been expired doesn't makes it useless.

This is Nigeria not whites country
gas should be one of things you should fear...
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by 2shure: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
we dey recycle cylinders
dumbos

abegi.

only in naija.
kerosene explosion
diesel explosion
gas explosion
pms explosion
price explosion d main baba
who curse us reach like this abeg
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by mysteriousman(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2018
Aint gas supposed to be very cheap, lower its price and more users will emerge
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by dozymars(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
Wrong statistics.

Is it the number of people or the number of homes that matter ?
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by originally(m): 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2018
This is how to know when your gas cylinder has expired .
The letters A, B, C,D are use to indicate first quarter(Q1) second quarter (Q2) third quarter(Q3), fourth quarter(Q4)

This means that when you looks at the top edge of your cylinder,for example you see" B 2018" This shows your cylinder will expired between March - June 2018, that's Q2 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2018
another irrelevant topic to distract the Zone-B this week... buhari is working kikikikikikiki
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by Themandator: 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
bigtt76:
So produce and distribute new affordable ones naaaa angry

Go to Nnpc. That is what I use ... I bought two and always change them whenever I go to their stations

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by Mcreloaded(m): 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
How to take money from citizens downloading don't be surprised one person will have the contract to supply gas cylinder and a take force will be set up to seize gas cylinder.
Who knows why this is coming up now
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by Truflexunits(m): 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2018
paix:
How then can one identify an expired cylinder?
My question exactly.
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by ochiosa(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]

Expired LPG Cylinder are not safe for use, so please be careful.The expiring date is coded on the side of the LPG Cylinder in alphabetical order, A,B,C,D in quarters.

A is for March 1st Qtr
B is for June. 2nd Qtr
C is for Sept. 3 re Qtr
D is for Dec 4 th Qtr

There are some two digit number that follows, e.g. D06. The digit stand for the year the validity expires D06 stands for 4th Quarter ( December) 2006. That is the expiring date of that LPG Cylinder, so be careful to avoid domestic accidents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by slowice(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
This one na my papa old cylinder na him I go carry dey use... E be like say me and na mate or e fit senior me small but e good pass new ones grin grin...
They want more people to use gas yet it's expensive... Since we ve gas in abundance why not fall the price and watch people rush to buy gas to
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by honorr: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2018
sick statistics
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by rawpadgin(m): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
fratermathy:
Expired gas cylinder? Hearing this for the first time. I've been using my cylinders for over 12 years now. Are they expired?
dude, u are cooking on a time bomb
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2018
solution

we need to revive our iron/steel industry.. ajaokuta iron complex is wasting away in kogi state..it could have cushion our iron and steel demands whereby these cylinders can be produced cheaper and new...but we have successive clueless govt who choose not to do anything about the place and we talking about expired gas cylinders...
before nko..we gonna have iron waste deposits littering our environment...
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by mechanics(m): 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
hmmmm, time bomb o, no wonder we do experience cases of gas explosion.
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by BigBashiru: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
solution

we need to revive our iron/steel industry.. ajaokuta iron complex is wasting away in kogi state..it could have cushion our iron and steel demands whereby these cylinders can be produced cheaper and new...but we have successive clueless govt who choose not to do anything about the place and we talking about expired gas cylinders...
before nko..we gonna have iron waste deposits littering our environment...
Why are people blaming the government. the same ajaokuta complex wen operational would hire workers and its the workers who will have a non chalant attitude towards work (even if they are well paid), look to loot and ultimately will shut down.

the presidency will not come to the complex to work on a daily basis; its nigerian workers.

the cursed descendants of Ham (Genesis) cannot manage anything; yet their huge egos wont let them admit the truth....
savages.
The next chapter in Genesis shows the Table of Nations - from the Table of Nations it is believed Africans descendended from the cursed son of Noah called Ham which is why the cant even manage basic gas cylinders.
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
BigBashiru:

Why are people blaming the government. the same ajaokuta complex wen operational would hire workers and its the workers who will have a non chalant attitude towards work, look to loot and ultimately will shut down.

the presidency will not come to the complex to work on a daily basis; its nigerian workers.

the cursed descendants of Ham (Genesis) cannot manage anything; yet their huge egos wont let them admit the truth....
savages.
The next chapter in Genesis shows the Table of Nations - from the Table of Nations it is believed Africans descendended from the cursed son of Noah called Ham which is why the cant even manage basic gas cylinders.

are we talking genealogy here or gas cylinders?? I don't know the correlation between your point and why expired gas cylinders are all over the place.
when we talk abt ajaokuta iron complex... why can't govt revive it first and see whether it wiill serve us or not... mind you.. I was in this complex on a fact finding mission and I must say the place can employ 10,000 direct staffs and over 5,000 indirect labour. so where do I mentioned sons of Ham or Genesis... pls...I'm here to learn and also enlighten people and so..mention my quote only when you have something meaningful to say..thanks
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by Originalsly: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2018
kolafolabi:

After 15 years, the cylinders should be withdrawn from the market.

But today how many of us can attest for manufacturing date of the cylinders we have in our homes?

Adesina, said “We need to invest in cylinders and proudly one of the investors would have its cylinder operating plants opened in January. We also need to have cylinder re-proliferation plants/

Let me try chewing this before I swallow. I never knew cylinders expire...thought they had to be inspected for safety. So if the FG or anyone can't tell the date of manufacture how will they know it's 15 years old? We need to invest in cylinders?...set up plants?...but one is already coming in January? It must be he is paving the way for market for the company by getting rid of ehmmm...expired cylinders. Is he being paid?...or is part owner of the company? This guy needs to be kidnapped or shot.
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by BigBashiru: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

are we talking genealogy here or had cylinders?? I don't know the correlation between your point and why expired gas cylinders are all over the place.
when we talk abt ajaokuta iron complex... why can't govt revive it first and see whether it wiill serve us or not... mind you.. I was in this complex on a fact finding mission and I must say the place can employ 10,000 direct staffs and over 5,000 indirect labour. so where do I mentioned sons of Ham or Genesis... pls...I'm here to learn and also enlighten people and so..mention my quote only when you have something meaningful to say..thanks
It is the genealogy of the people that is partially responsible for making it a failed state; to wit that the nation cannot manage gas cylinders. Government had been reviving it but nigerian workers wont work so it shuts down again; the true agents and catalysts of revival are the workers. Anything government revives, the ppl try to tear down. Thanks.
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by Meritocracy: 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
We need solution not lamentation
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by BigBashiru: 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2018
the solution is direct foreign investment and assignment of projects to expatriates and women.

the expatriate is not better than the nigerian due to skin color or anscestry; rather s(he) is better because the person is most likely coming from a culture where diligence, excellence and responsibility are celebrated, which is the opposite in nigeria.
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by joshtega27(m): 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
jaymejate:

You never know Nigeria?
They always notice ni... No solution. It's a strategy. When they notice and publicise it, the people supplying them will want to bribe them Na. Na the money they are after

you know well
Re: 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government by Barblow(m): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2018
I don't believe this article, suspect this Adeshina need something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Releases 20,000 Bags Of Eko Rice, Pegs 50kg At N43k, 25kg For N22k / How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) / Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.