Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 (17832 Views)

5 Important Things To Take Note When Registering For Post UTME 2018 / FOR JAMBITES! 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 / Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by lost24: 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2017
Jamb as fall us joor

how can somebody apply 5time on admission

Which kind system b dat. N d person dey pass all d requirements

Na wa ooo
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by marvdiva(f): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2017
thanks
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
gurunlocker:

Is it possible for someone who has already gained admission (2017) to still apply for jamb (2018)?
very possible
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by DaBillionnaire: 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
temmypotter:
Question

My kid bro wrote Jamb this year, he's gotten admission both from Jamb Caps and his school of choice. however when I printed out his official jamb result. I discovered an incorrect Date of birth.. like 4th August instead of 5th August was logged in for him. Now I noticed a section where that could be changed for 2500 but i decided to hold on.. will there be any major complications from such an error and if I do correct it, will it affect his admission process?

Let him resume school first. Then you can login to his profile and make the change of birth correction using the "Application For Correction of Data" menu.

"Candidates can apply for correction of Date of birth. Supporting documents will be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval along with supporting documents.
Price:₦2,500"-

this means that after making the payment for the service, a page will ask you to provide the correct age, after submission, a form will display, download it, fill it correctly and submit to the admissions office of the school because the Vice Chancellor will be expected to sign. Later an email will be sent to you confirming that the correction has been made. you can confirm this by reprinting your jamb result.

Thanks.
Genius Educational Management (Consultancy),
Ile-Ife,
Osun State.
geniusgroupnigeria@gmail.com (07055853368)

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2017
lost24:
Jamb as fall us joor

how can somebody apply 5time on admission

Which kind system b dat. N d person dey pass all d requirements

Na wa ooo
which school is that?
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by lovelylad: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
Very informative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by lost24: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
holuwajobar:
which school is that?

1 village skul ooo

I no somebody with direct entry too dat apply 4 time too

Now y person no go join cult or robber wen d system don 4straight person
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
lost24:

1 village skul ooo

I no somebody with direct entry too dat apply 4 time too

Now y person no go join cult or robber wen d system don 4straight person
i feel your pains, it is not easy in this country. The competition is fierce.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by smilingface(m): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
op.my birth certificate doesn't contain my baptism name like my waec does is that an issue
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
smilingface:
op.my birth certificate doesn't contain my baptism name like my waec does is that an issue
It is not really an issue. But to be on a safer side, i will advise you to amend it. You know naija universities, always looking for the slightest reason to disqualify candidates during clearance
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by smilingface(m): 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2017
holuwajobar:
It is not really an issue. But to be on a safer side, i will advise you to amend it. You know naija universities, always looking for the slightest reason to disqualify candidates during clearance
the baptism name is my middle name and I don't think middle name is been specified in the birth certificate if not not good..have already gained admission just fearful about the issue..I hope instead i get to swear affidavit to it and not to take away my admission..
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by esthy86(f): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2017
how much is for de registration
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2017
esthy86:
how much is for de registration
JAMB form: #5000

Compulsory novel: #500

Cbt Reg. Fee: #700
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
holuwajobar:
JAMB form: #5000

Compulsory novel: #500

Cbt Reg. Fee: #700

Hello,please am i suppose to go to the CBT centre first to get my PIN for the registration?
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2017
Iwillbealright:
Hello,please am i suppose to go to the CBT centre first to get my PIN for the registration?
Go to the centre, you can get the epin and also register at once
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
holuwajobar:
Go to the centre, you can get the epin and also register at once
ok,but can i also the epin at zenith bank?
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2017
Iwillbealright:
ok,but can i also the epin at zenith bank?
Yeah
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by BerryAnny(m): 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
Op,please can one use 2017 jamb to process admission in 2018? i need a quick answer plz
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by nelsonose: 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
holuwajobar:
@ADMISSIONTIPZ Has enrolment started?

If you are reading this post, then that means you want to sit for the upcoming UTME exam. Then i congratulate you because you are at the right place. Before we go into details, i will like to tell you that, there are alot of post in this blog that will help you during this year's admission processes. Also if you have any question about admission, you can ask me through the comments or through my email address in the CONTACT US page.

http://admissiontipz..com/p/contact-us.html

Now, back to this post, i will like to tell you things you need to know before registering for JAMB exam.

1. Your Name is very important:

Yes, your name can cost you your admission if you spell your name wrong. I have seen students been admitted by JAMB but were rejected by the University during clearance because of their names does not correlate with other documents like o'level result certificate, birth certificate etc. Although, JAMB use to allow for " change of data" where you can correct your name incase you made mistake, but to be on a safer side, make sure you carefully spell your name to the JAMB official that is going to register you.

2. Know The Course You Want To Study:

I usually find it funny whenever a student says he doesn't know the course to pick. Course is not something you should pick at random, course is something you have passion for, something you have knowledge about. Don't let anyone decide your course for you. If you are having problem choosing a course, i already made a post they will help you decide the course you really want to study. Click the link below to read the post.

http://admissiontipz..com/2017/10/choosing-a-course.html

3. Know the subject combination for your course :

Alot of student make this mistake by choosing wrong subject combinations for their course. If you want to avoid any form of mistake, then i will advise you to use "JAMB Brochure", look for your course and you will see the subject combination for the course. Remember, this mistake can not be amend after you have sat for the exam, which means your admission for that year is not certain. Be wise!!!

4. Use one sitting result :

I have come to realize that students with one sitting result have more advantage than students using two sitting results. I have already made a post about the " possible disadvantages of using two sitting result ", you can click the link below to read it. Also make sure your minimum grade in your WAEC/NECO/GCE is "C6", anything more than that, won't be accepted by the University you choose.

http://admissiontipz..com/2017/07/possible-disadvantages-of-using-two.html

5. Your Date of Birth:

Don't ever make a mistake of changing your date of birth because your admission can be revoke by JAMB or by the University if they find out. Minimum age federal universities accept is 16 years old, anything less than that, might not work out. If you are 15 year's old, just relax and wait for the following year or you can apply to private university if you can afford it.

Having said all this, you can now go and register for JAMB, wish you success.
If you have any kind of admission issues, then let me know through the comment or send a mail to my email address.

Thank You.

http://admissiontipz..com/2017/12/before-registering-jamb.html

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
nelsonose:
Yes.... JAMB reg start December 6th , will end February 6th of 2018. Hurry!!!
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
BerryAnny:
Op,please can one use 2017 jamb to process admission in 2018? i need a quick answer plz
You mean 2017 JAMB acct? No, you can't. The email address and the phone must be different from 2017 JAMB account.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by uproyal: 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Registering For JAMB 2018 by holuwajobar(m): 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
You want to know how certain your admission is? See five ways or criterias to be certain of this year's admission

http://admissiontipz..com/2017/07/How-certain-are-you-for-this-year-admission.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB 2017: The Experience I Gained During MOCK EXAMINATION. / If U Think U Are Intelligent Solve This Riddle / 12 Important Ways To make The Best Out Of Your Undergraduate Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.