Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,200 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. (2352 Views)

Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video) / Driver Gets Ticket Dismissed After Driving On Autopilot With Feet Out Of Window / See How Much Water Is Trapped In Your Car After Driving Through Flooded Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by NEROSKY(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2017
My Honda stops accelerating after driving for some minutes, but when off and on the ignition, it picks up again immediately, my mech has runs diagnosis on the car and changed fuel pump and other sensor but it still continues, the Honda is ACCORD 2006, known as DC (Discussion Continue) ..Pls any help/suggestion
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by mayor2013: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2017
NEROSKY:
My Honda stops accelerating after driving for some minutes, but when off and on the ignition, it picks up again immediately, my mech has runs diagnosis on the car and changed full pump and other sensor but it still continues, the Honda is ACCORD 2006, known as DC (Discussion Continue) ..Pls any help/suggestion

What was the result of the scan
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by Cuppyodo(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2017
Change both sensors. Get a good one from ladipo
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by NEROSKY(m): 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
Cuppyodo:
Change both sensors. Get a good one from ladipo
i didn't go with him, he did it alone, well from his oga
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by Cuppyodo(m): 6:05am On Dec 13, 2017
NEROSKY:

i didn't go with him, he did it alone, well from his oga

Then, they probably Haven't changed it
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by NEROSKY(m): 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
Cuppyodo:

he has
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by NEROSKY(m): 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
Cuppyodo:

changed it twice, stating that the fault is the small brain box, so he's looking forward on the one he want's to get in ONITSHA
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by Cuppyodo(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
NEROSKY:

changed it twice, stating that the fault is the small brain box, so he's looking forward on the one he want's to get in ONITSHA

Okay
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by tjslow(m): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
My EOD 2005 is doing same thing
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by Dejavue: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
Have him scan the car again while you are there and goggle the codes that it throws up. I suspect it to be your throttle sensor as the culprit here, it's on its last leg.
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by NEROSKY(m): 1:24am On Dec 16, 2017
tjslow:
My EOD 2005 is doing same thing

any solution?
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by NEROSKY(m): 1:25am On Dec 16, 2017
Dejavue:
Have him scan the car again while you are there and goggle the codes that it throws up. I suspect it to be your throttle sensor as the culprit here, it's on its last leg.

They said they need the orignal good one from another market near Enugu which is Onitsha
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by oblo(m): 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
From your post seems you are based in Enugu. What sensor did they change? Lots of sensors for that ride. What particular sensor was replaced??

The ride resets when you restart the car but as you go along a fault keeps re registering on the ecu hence it develops that issue again.

Get the right diagnosis change the erring sensors and or component.

Changing the ecu should be the last thing when all other parameters have been given a clean slate else same issue would be repeated in new ecu.
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by NEROSKY(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
Please what's ECU, this is what he has been changing

Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by mayor2013: 8:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
Can't they just run a scan
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by mayor2013: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
NEROSKY:
Please what's ECU, this is what he has been changing

Engine control unit. What you have there in the picture is the throttle control unit
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by Daratow: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
-
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by sultaan(m): 6:25am On Jan 16, 2018
You have been doing every thing wrong, your sensor might be good. If your throttle body is dirty, clean it first before changing parts.

Google and YouTube is your friend
Re: My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On.. by Daratow: 12:45am On Jan 30, 2018
-

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Motor Vehicle Administration Agency (m.v.a.a.) / Which SUV Should I Go For / Chevrolet Aveo Or Honda Babyboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.