Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

“I Was Born Blind” - Chidinma Ekile - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Was Born Blind” - Chidinma Ekile (805 Views)

I Was Born Blind – Chidinma Ekile (Video) / Ojuolape Asuquo: Our Son Was Born Blind - Cobham's Asuquo's Wife / ‘I Was Born Blind’ – Chidinma Ekile Reveals In New Interview With Guardian Magaz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Was Born Blind” - Chidinma Ekile by Yungkid101(m): 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
Nigerian Singer, Chidinma Ekile, who just featured in her debut movie as an actress, has revealed that she was born blind.

Chidinma who rose to stardom after winning the third season of Project Fame West Africa in 2010 first revealed she was born blind in a song ‘Martha’ dedicated to her mother, said in an interview with Guardian Life Magazine; “I was born blind. I just couldn’t see for some months. Since I sang about it, I felt the need to help kids that find themselves in such situations or even worse. So every time I travel to these places, I try to extend a hand of love to these children. ” According to singer who slayed on the cover of the magazine, also talked about her first movie ‘The Bridge’,  where she played the role of Stella from an Igbo family, who fell in love and secretly married a Yoruba Prince against her parents’ wish.
“ I just got a call from Kunle Afolayan . He didn’t know before then that I wanted to act. I even asked him, ‘Why did you call me? I don’t understand.’ He said, ‘You’re a musician; you shoot music videos,’ and from the way he saw me on screen, he thought that I would at least know a few things and if I had any challenges, he would definitely put me through. I got on set and it was one of the best things I’d ever done. I definitely loved the experience” she said.

Source: https://www.tribesng.com/entertainment/born-blind-chidinma-ekile/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove, Fynestboi, MissyB3
Re: “I Was Born Blind” - Chidinma Ekile by biacan(f): 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
This lie Ehhhhh

Re: “I Was Born Blind” - Chidinma Ekile by thesicilian: 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
She didn't tell us how she became unblind.
Re: “I Was Born Blind” - Chidinma Ekile by DOUBLEWAHALA: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2017
OK is there anything fryable?

(1) (Reply)

Davido Becomes First Bank Ambassador (photos) / Wow! See What Actress Jennifer Ike Gave To Beggars On New Year (photos) / Video:davido Receives Special Plate Number In Ghana,smokes & Eats Like A King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.