Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) (8865 Views)

Help! I Am Reacting To Garri (cassava Flakes) / Garri (cassava Flakes) With Blocked Water (picture Attached) / When Last Did You Drink Garri??? (Graphic Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by Niftyrules(m): 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2017
If you are a Nigerian, born and bred here, then you will attest to the fact that Garri is one quick meal that stands in the gap for you when you can't lay your hands on ready-to-consume food at home.

As simple as it may seem, garri is one meal that fills you up while your food is still cooking in the pot.

Interestingly, you never get tired of taking Garri due to some creative ways with which it can be taken. Compared with other kinds of food items which easily gets spoilt, garri is one good food that can travel a long journey with you and yet serve you at that time when you need it most.

To enjoy the best of Garri meal, here are 12 creative ways you can drink it:

1. Garri with Nuts
Nuts in this category can be groundnut or cashew nut depending on which one you prefer.

2. Garri with fried meat
You are sure to enjoy your Garri meal with fried beef, bushmeat, Turkey, chicken etc.

3. Garri vs fried, roasted or smoked fish
Like you also know, fish comes in different species. So whichever fried, smoked or roasted type you care for, it will surely ride well with your Garri.

4. Garri with Fried Shrimps

5. Garri with Milk, honey, sugar

At times Garri lovers will want to take something light. So during this time the choice often is either powder or liquid milk, sugar or honey. In fact, some have expanded their creativity in drinking garri to adding beverages like Milo and Bournvita to it.

6. Garri with Akara, Moimoi (beans cake, bean pudding)

Garri with either Akara or moimoi will never miss its way in as much as the moimoi or akara is well prepared.

7. Garri vs Coconut

You wouldn't want to miss out on the coconut milk taste that conjoins with the flavor of Garri when taken together. It is actually something you wouldn't want to try out.

8. Garri with Assorted Vegetable

You will recall earlier when we made you know that enjoying your garri meal happens best when you do so with creativity. Assorted Vegetable will also go a long way in achieving this. A vegetable with a lot of spice, one which contains fish with meat and other varieties.

9 Garri with Kuli Kuli

If you are young and grew up in Nigeria, you will be used to and must have taken your garri with that hard snack (made from ground groundnut) which often comes in flat, round and stick-like shape. This is another way most Nigerians love to take their Garri.

10. Garri mixed with porridge beans

Do you also know that some lovers of Garri will always prefer to mix Garri with porridge beans?
Some Nigerians have therefore referred to this combination as 'concrete' due to the fact that it fills you up and takes you all through the day (probably) without severe desire for any other food.

11. Garri with Tigernut (ofio)
Tigernuts contain a lot of nutrients from the milk it contains and this makes it a better choice than dairy milk.

12. Garri with 'Ata rodo' (scotch bonnet)
Some people from the South-Western part of Nigeria love to drink their garri with sliced 'ata rodo' with salt.

We can tell you that this is not all there is to this list. It can be endless. So add yours as it applies to you and your tribe.

See more pictures here --- https://dailyfamily.ng/12-creative-ways-to-drink-garri-cassava-flakes/

Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2017
Garri with Our Fish Barbecue are best friends for life!

1 Like

Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
Chai Chai Chai.....

OP, has killed somebody finish oooo!
See delicacies!!

Btw, the phone/camera that snapped this pictures will surely be over 500MP!!
It zooms the delicacies straight into the mind!
We will have to get one of those for our barbecue pictures @ Manna Barbecue and Grills!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by Olabode09: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2017
ooo boyy this one na super ooo i feel like drinking garri now
Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by wtfcoded: 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2017
Clean slightly re-fried Garri + pieces of coconut + groundnut + milk + chilled water + sugar +/- porridge beans.
My fav.
I call it 'the manna of God'.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by preshdiva(f): 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2017
wtfcoded:
Clean slightly re-fried Garri + pieces of coconut + groundnut + milk + chilled water + sugar +/- porridge beans.
My fav.
I call it 'the manna of God'.

I na erigodi nwanne

1 Like

Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by wtfcoded: 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
preshdiva:

I na erigodi nwanne
Nne kedu kwa nu ihe mmadu mere uwa undecided A ga na ata ife chukwu hapuru under our able care!! #okwa_ighotago? grin
Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by JuliePastryGHA: 4:19am On Dec 14, 2017
Add some sliced banana.
Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by juman(m): 9:16am On Dec 14, 2017
Remember to drink a lot of water daily.
Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by Treasure17(m): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
chaiii.. see temptation
Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by anoda(m): 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
thou shall not joke with garri and coconut
Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
Garri, milk, Milo, sugar and groundnut is the best.
Re: 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) by Niftyrules(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
Garri, milk, Milo, sugar and groundnut is the best.

Yes I have tried all these too before now

(1) (Reply)

What Weird/Disgusting Things Have You Found In Your Food? / Buyers needed for L-LYSINE, DL-METHIONINE, FISHMEAL At Best Prices / NAFDAC Shuts 47 Bakeries, Water Factories In Maiduguri During Routine Inspection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.