Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:01 PM

It's More Than The Naira Crashing - Chukwuemeka Okereafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's More Than The Naira Crashing - Chukwuemeka Okereafor (301 Views)

One Country, Different Realities: It’s Time To Wake Up – Chukwuemeka Okereafor / Dear God, We Have Started Again - Stanley Chukwuemeka Okereafor / Dear God, We Have Started Again - Stanley Chukwuemeka Okereafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's More Than The Naira Crashing - Chukwuemeka Okereafor by NaijaMagazineO: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
RECENTLY, I was in a primary school class in England to see how things work. The teacher spoke to the class about the school values and the ‘British Values’. She emphasised that the school values, which should actually be ‘human values’, should be the guiding principles of the pupils. The values of Love, Resilience, Kindness, Collaboration, Integrity, Forgiveness, Friendship, Responsibility, Respect, Excellence and Effort, she told the class, were essential bedrocks in the foundation of any nation. As I listened to her lecture, I could not help but think about my dear country, Nigeria.

The 2015 general elections brought out the worst in not a few Nigerians, to put it mildly. How else can one explain the insults, bad wishes, derogatory words and ill feelings that pervaded the atmosphere? Long-grown friendships were sacrificed on the altar of conflicting views about political parties and candidates. I remember a Facebook post where someone threatened never to speak with certain groups of people if his candidate lost. In that said post he said many unprintable things about the “other camp”. Till date, one is yet to understand what motivated all the ‘volcanic eruptions’, as my semi-schooled carpenter would say.

Read more at Naija Magazine Online http://www.naijamagazineonline.com/2017/12/its-more-than-naira-crashing.html

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Speaker Admonishes Christians To Promote Peace And Unity / Fani-kayode: Buhari Should Resign As Birthday Gift To Nigerians / BREAKING: Appeal Court Declares Kogi East Senatorial Seat Vacant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.