Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! (1874 Views)

My Rover Sterling Car Overheats: Pls Help! / Please Help Advice, My Nissan Altima Overheats Too Much / Help! Car Overheats After A Long Journey. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! by SUNNY45: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
I need guys in the house to help me as a matter of urgency, My Rover Sterling car overheats excessively, I need a good mech urgently,
Thanks for the support
blessingee@yahoo.com
Re: This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! by seal777(m): 5:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
A mechanic?, may be not.

step 1. check to be sure that the fans are working well and if the thermostat is still there.

2. is ur radiator a single or double cell?

3. if the above questions are answered, get a nice radiator and condenser flush and i can assure you will not experience such again. ( let them loosen the radiator and have it flushed throughly there after the condenser too).

TRY THIS TWO SIMPLE PROCEDURES AND GET BACK TO ME.
Re: This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! by SUNNY45: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ Seal777
I must say a big thank you 4 this invaluable contribution, you're too much bro,
The fans are in perfect shape, as a matter of fact, i just changed one of the faulty one, As for the radiator, i can confirm to u that its a single cell, but someone advised i change it to 3 cell since my engine is V6. The worrysome part is that the thermostart was claimed to be removed, that is unconfirmed since i dont know exactly how it looks like,
At this jucture, wot do u suggest i do nxt?
Re: This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! by seal777(m): 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
I DRIVE A V6 CAMRY WITH DOUBLE CELL RADIATOR, SINGLE CELL RADIATOR MIGHT BE TOO SMALL UNDER OUR VERY HOT WEATHER CONSIDERING YOU MIGHT CONSTANTLY BE ON A/C TOO,I WILL ADVICE YOU REPLACE your RADIATOR TO A DOUBLE CELL OR 3 CELL AS SUGGESTED.

GO GET THE RADIATOR, HAVE THE CONDENSER FLUSHED AND HAVE A NICE DRIVING EXPERIENCE.
Re: This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! by velosi: 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2011
Please i am desperately in need of your help. Its concerning my infiniti m45 V8 2004 model which is overheating when i am in hold ups or stand still with aircondition on. My mechanic advised that i change to double cell radiator. but car scan also showed heated oxygen sensor to be replaced. Is there any relationship between the two. please.

velosi.
Re: This Car Overheats Like Crazy: Pls Help! by Denn(m): 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
i dont think thermostart removal is a solution that should be applied for 'overheating'.

even if you put a 10-cell radiator and the simple basics of radiator installation are not followed, you will still fry your engine.

to troubleshoot overheating cooling systems, follow the following steps:
confirm if the fans are working perfectly.
verify that there is no leakage in the system. check the radiator cells (underparts of the radiator and sidewalls), check the connecting pipes and their seals (a major culprit). confirm that the seal is tight. verify that there is no seepage into the engine and the HVAC (always ignored).
finally, ensure that the system is properly bled and all air bubbles removed, its not just about adding back water to an empty system,

if there are air bubbles, the coolant boils faster and the gaseous steam wont be able to pass throught the thermo, water wont get to vital parts of the engine,

and dont mind the roadsiders that tell you to remove thermostats, they do a lot of good, they ensure that the engine works at optimal temperature,

(1) (Reply)

Registered Nissan Maxima For 650k!!!SOLD!!!SOLD / Honda Bullet For Sale: =n= 500k / 2010 Rav4,: Ladies Don't Miss This,:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.