Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Which Defender Can Stop Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Defender Can Stop Messi (1875 Views)

SuperFalcons Defender Faith Ikidi Weds (photos) / Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi / Can The Super (chickens) Eagles Stop Messi And Higuian From Scoring Against Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Defender Can Stop Messi by iyaegin: 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
All Things being well without him suffering any injuries lionel messi should be in south africa to face the super eagles come june and i have been wondering which of our defenders has the clout and wherewithal to stop him or at least try to put him in check during our game and i feel Danny Shittu may be up to the task, Joseph yobo is fast but may not be a match for messi, shittu may be slow but can stand his ground which is what we need, any ideas guys
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by kodewrita(m): 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
Wait and see whether campbell would suceed, though that small thing has a habit of disgracing his elders. I just wish nigeria would donate one defender to mark and eliminate the guy in the world cup. at least if we dont win, lets perform a service for all the other teams they will meet. (I repent, its not good wishing that someone's leg will be broken in three grin grin)
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by 12large: 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2010
adeleye and apam did an excellent job in olympics so my opinion is the two paired together
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by 4peace(m): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
let june come and go.But who guaranty u that messi will go to world cup or play against naija in first march just watch out
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by a4o: 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2010
comparing the present form of our defenders and that of messi , it is clear that no one can stop him. shittu have'nt played for bolton, yobo just pplayed a match or so, achiejile is a bench warmer for his club . onlu taiwo and apam are currently playing for their clybs so i pray Nigeria win Argentina but i don't see it coming
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by chidichris(m): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2010
i don't think we are going to south africa to stop messi rather we are going there to show what we are made of.
we want to win argentina or at worst get a draw.
argentina has individual players but has not done well as a team.
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by Wallyguy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 06, 2010
i believe our own adeleye can do justice to that,
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by morpheus24: 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2010
O boy we don't have any defender right now that can stop Messi. ll we can do is contain that boy and hope he misses his shots at goal,
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by deb(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2010
@poster

Yusuf Mohammed grin
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by iyaegin: 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
@deb

very funny yusuf mohammed indeed

but guys in light of yesterday's MESSICRE of arsenal this issue is becoming a serious one to consider and not take lightly else messi may just use our defence to spell his name lol
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2010
as to the question which defender can stop Messi. i have one,

MIKEL OBI afterall he was runner-up to best player in the youth championships grin
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by SeanLewis(m): 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
@Lager Yeah Mikel Obi is a good match 4 Lionel messi. Mikel Obi can hold unto messi and he has disciplined himself in centre defensive midfield. He can do better
Re: Which Defender Can Stop Messi by PurestBoy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
Sean-Lewis:

@Lager Yeah Mikel Obi is a good match 4 Lionel messi. Mikel Obi can hold unto messi and he has disciplined himself in centre defensive midfield. He can do better

Guy becareful make mikel no hear dat oo

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Dressing Room Gist (pic) / Hilarious Photo Of Alves Doing The SHOKI Dance / Twitter Reacts To Sergio Ramos Challenge On Salah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.