Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving (42352 Views)

UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges / Church Giving And unbiblical Practices / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by stanliwise(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2017
Sunsets:
My dear, the bone of contention, bone from the abused sheeples, we have been shouting on our minaret has always been TITHE. OP, please be focused. One thing is certain, churches must be funded but not from dubious and twisted scriptural means
You're point bro. I can't do any less than agree with ypu
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2017
JimloveTM:

Add this.

Jesus commended the woman who poured oil on his legs and blasted Judas who asked her to sell it to the poor.
My goodness! This here shows the hypocrisy of freeze and his cohorts, including the naive Christian sheeples who are hoodwinked by him...people like freeze are just like judas in the sense that they are not really fighting for the poor, because they are also greedy and guilty of what they accuse others of...Judas wanted to sound saintly by suggesting that the woman should have used the money from the expensive oil to give to the poor while he himself as the treasurer was stealing from the disciples treasury..

2 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

Let's assume that ten percent of my monthly salary is 10 thousand naira, but I willingly give the church 20 thousand every month, then which is better? Or is it because the ten percent was tagged tithe? So what you and freeze are saying is basically that I can give even more than ten percent of my monthly salary willingly to the church as long as I don't tag it 'tithe'?? Such amazing logic!

its no logic dear but theology.The law is dead.Go and read the book of galatians.The people who are under a curse are those who still choses to practise the jewish law.If you think you are put right with God by tithing then you are on your ownYou will have to abide by the other over 600 requirements of the jewish law

2 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by richeeyo(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2017
Desyner:
That doesn't prove holiness or righteousness. It shows they are desperately trying to give/sell people like you an impression. The way God ordained it is that we serve and do good deeds in the secret and He rewards us in the open.
They don't do it for the fame, they do it and we all know
Cause the evidence is before us all
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Rebuke: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2017
Brother, don't o waste yhur time on this lost generation whoz conscience has been damaged beyond repair. Generation of reprobate heart.

Anyone kicking against tithing has no spiritual ground in d first place. And yhu know a carnal mind can't understand the things of the spirit.

They all scream and rejoice at a very rubbish the freeze of a guy spew.

2Timothy 4V3-4

3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

2 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by HeyCorleone(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

Bullshit! So I can give the church money or materials worth a full month salary willingly but I can't give the church ten percent of my monthly salary willingly ? Does that sound logical to you?

Of course it sounds very logical.

Like you said "giving a full month salary willingly". The matter with tithe is the compulsion surrounding it and the manner useless talks on tithe opens the gates of heaven and those who don't tithe are robbing God.

If you want to give in the house of God, it doesn't matter how much, what matters is it comes from your heart and you're doing it wholesomely not because you want a blessing in return. I believe if you earn 1million as salary and your heart is content with giving the Church just N50k with no tag or title to it, then by all means. As long as you're not doing it for fear of offending your pastor or being seen as a heretic but doing as much as your heart can give.

4 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by richeeyo(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2017
stanliwise:
sahrap, yoruba muslim
Why don't you check my profile first
MY name is Richard
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by GoldHorse(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:
1. Apostle Paul requested for money

(1 Corinthians 16:2, NIV)

Apostle Paul particularly instructed the people to set aside a sum of money that is proportionate to their income. This was a convenient way of collecting the money, that has now become a trend among Christians every Sunday. Is Paul a fat-fed and corrupt Apostle?

2. Jesus watched as the "Sheeple" widow dropped money for corrupt religious leaders but He did not free the "Sheeple"

- Mark 12:41-

At the time Jesus observed the widow's offering, the treasury was managed by corrupt religious leaders, but Jesus did not free the sheeple widow. Nowhere was it mentioned that Jesus instructed her not to give her last penny! Instead Christ was interested in blessing her seed. Ask yourself, would Jesus partake in the #freethesheeple movement if He and the Apostles were around today?

3. If your Pastor sow spiritual things to you, it is right and appropriate to give him those material things you can afford, and Yes, that includes a Jet!

- 1 Corinthians 9:9-14

It's not everything that one need spiritually to explain. When a pastor that preaches heaven accumulates billions in earthly properties one wonders which paradise he's preparing for and this is despite the admonition of Christ concerning such.

Most of you lack basic understanding.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

My goodness! This here shows the hypocrisy of freeze and his cohorts, including the naive Christian sheeples who are hoodwinked by him...people like freeze are just like judas in the sense that they are not really fighting for the poor, because they are also greedy and guilty of what they accuse others of...Judas wanted to sound saintly by suggesting that the woman should have used the money from the expensive oil to give to the poor while he himself as the treasurer was stealing from the disciples treasury..

was it Jesus who asked the woman to pour the oil on his legs? Did he threaten to curse other people who didn't pour the oil on his legs? BTW Jesus scolded Jesus because he knew him to be a thief who never really intended to take care of the poor but wanted to embezzle the money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by opribo(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2017
Why are all the pastors raging? Is it because their source of wealth is focussed. They will rather not want anybody to talk about that area, they don't want to be taxed infact anything that has to do with money collections in church is a no go area.

Then the more reason people should ask what is in it that they are scared of. Let people donate freewill for specific projects and give their offerings. Don't threaten them with hellfire if they don't pay tithe. Go and take a look at those heavy donors in church yes I mean those who drop the biggest monies check deeply their sources of wealth you will understand why they do what they do.

4 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by miketayo(m): 11:50am On Dec 13, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

Don't you see how naive you church goers sound?? So according to you and freeze, I'm free to give my entire months wage to the church willingly but I will be wrong to give ten percent of a month wage to the church? Does that even make sense to you lots??

u are mandated to pay tithe by the church but not offerings or gifts... u can aswell give those gives to a poor person on the street instead of the church.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 11:50am On Dec 13, 2017
Ochoiho:
The truth be told, if you dont pay your Tithe, you wouldnt make Heaven. If your pastor is eating your Tithe, you are in the wrong church, That Pastor of yours is a Thieve and he is disconnected from God. Leave that Church. Any body who succeed in deceiving you from paying your Tithe have done a great damage to your soul. Daddy Freeze will realize his mistake at the long run

Please use Matthew 25 v 31-46 to support this stance of yours;

MATTHEW 25 Vs 31-46

The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.

32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,

36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?

39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

I have checked these verses...and it doesn't state that God would check anyone's tithe payment records...rather, your LOVE for God expressed through charitable courses to Humanity (with a good motive - i.e. giving glory to God and showing the unconditional love of Jesus) is what qualifies you for the Kingdom of Heaven.

5 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by stanliwise(m): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2017
honniemail:
Tithing works for me and there is nothing anyone would say to change me...i had a personal convinction nd i am tithing till i die by God's grace.

I was once an unbeliever who criticise this...i would say "look at these pple moving around in their legedese benz..funding their GO's to get jets

But now i know better by HIS grace..

I wont say freeze is wrong...but he doesnt have an indepth understanding of giving

He is freeing d "sheepie" on tithing, has he heard of sacrificial given

He shouldnt even bother to know cos he will develop heart attack when he gets to know wat we are parting with to give as sacrifice not to man but to God who has put it in our hands

Tithes and offerings are used to pay salaries of worker i.epastors, acountants..clearners etc

Their are over 18000 working staffs in my church are they not citizens of this country
Does frezze and his followers know how many family that is being fed,housed nd educated with this salary they earn frm f church

Is it not the tithe that is being use to pay them??
Pls i want to know how the pastor is embezzling d moni cos me i am not understanding

Even d private jets is not bought in d pastors name its in d church name nd i know of times delegates av gine on trips with this jet thats on several occassion withiout d GO's

I pay my tithe
I give to my parents
I give to d needy around me
And i touch lives in my little capacity

And i will continue to do so till Jesus come
Sister as much as I agree with you on most point.
I don't know the church you attend but you need to go and attend some of this upcoming one man church and you will have a feel of what some people are talking about. This church are extremely money conscious and use several means to ask for money.
Apart from this, hardly would anyone complain of this things in catholic churches, major pentecostal that does this things.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2017
[quote author=Rebuke post=63243112]Brother, don't o waste yhur time on this lost generation whoz conscience hassle been damaged beyond repair. Generation of reprobate heart.

Anyone kicking against tithing has no spiritual ground in d first place. And yhu know a carnal mind can't understand the things of the spirit.

2Timothy 4V3-4

[b]3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.[/[/b]quote]
that quotation aptly describes your pastors who demand tithes and threaten those who don't pay

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:52am On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

its no logic dear but theology.The law is dead.Go and read the book of galatians.The people who are under a curse are those who still choses to practise the jewish law.If you think you are put right with God by tithing then you are on your ownYou will have to abide by the other over 600 requirements of the jewish law
The law still remains the same...Christ himself said that he didn't come to abolish but to fulfill it..so which is better? To willingly give half of my monthly salary to the church every month or to give a paltry 10 percent every month?

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Eldee54321(m): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

A private car is definitely cheaper to buy compared to a private jet.Milliions of Nigerians have their own private cars.How many people have provate jets in this country? If you claim the jets were not purchased with churches money who are the people who donated the jets to these pastors?

If a pastor has his own business and decides to use his own money to buy private jets no one would be complaining.Poor members of the church cannot sweat ad donate their money and in the end one pastor will use it to buy a private jet
U're saying Pastors are using private jets How many pastors are using private JETS in Nigeria Can u tell me I wanna know

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by GoldHorse(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2017
ekpeobiekpen:
Nice post OP! quite unfortunate no one with valid points to counter you. All i see here are peeps who are claiming to free the "sheeples"(whatever that means) without realizing who the sheeples really are... undecided

Oh! Then you didn’t read previous posts or you read but didn't understand.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by KENZINCO(m): 11:56am On Dec 13, 2017
Some of you here are just ignorant of the obvious things. Let me explain a little to you.

Daddy freeze himself lives in one of the most expensive area in Lagos, he buys expensive cloths , shoes and even the wristwatch (he was displaying one with the Puppy man in Dubai)
But as long as poeple like us who are not as rich as him and his likes are, still buy little things in the market and pay for some services which are advitised on radio stations like Cool FM( where Daddy freeze works) , we are still the one indirectly providing the funds that allows him live this expensive life for him. We pay for things we buy and services, the service providers take our money to place like cool FM for advertorial, then cool FM pays Daddy freeze and other workers with this money. This was exactly what I was trying to tell him on Instagram b4 he blocked me, the same thing I was telling Gbenga and Catherine of the Let's talk program on Nigerian info b4 they also blocked me from their Facebook page up to this day.
So stop fooling yourselves around people who don't want to hear others tell them the truth but are claiming to be the Messiah and eyes opener of others, who are still exploiting your foolishness to gain more popularity and make more money on social media.
It is my choice to buy things or get a service from a provider and pay for it, then who does it now become a sin for me to feel that a pastor has provide me with a service and I willingly give home something in return?

3 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:56am On Dec 13, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Of course it sounds very logical.

Like you said "giving a full month salary willingly". The matter with tithe is the compulsion surrounding it and the manner useless talks on tithe opens the gates of heaven and those who don't tithe are robbing God.

If you want to give in the house of God, it doesn't matter how much, what matters is it comes from your heart and you're doing it wholesomely not because you want a blessing in return. I believe if you earn 1million as salary and your heart is content with giving the Church just N50k with no tag or title to it, then by all means. As long as you're not doing it for fear of offending your pastor or being seen as a heretic but doing as much as your heart can give.
So you mean to tell me that there aren't people who also willingly give ten percent of their salary to the church as a sign of thanks and appreciation for being blessed from the congregation of Christ? There are people who even consider ten percent to be too small..is it that you find the tag 'tithe ' offensive? Because you cannot tell me that everyone who gives tithe do so unwillingly?!

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by wirinet(m): 11:57am On Dec 13, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

But in that passage Jesus didn't condemn tithe either! He clearly said that there were more important things that should be done just as well as the less important things(which included tithes)but he DIDNT condemn tithe in that passage..that passage alone nullified every anti tithing campaign and arguments...because it came from Christ himself.

Christ does not care about tithes, that was why the only times he mentioned tithes at all was in condemnation of the pharisees.

Now see Jesus condemnation the pharisees;

Matthew 23:16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

See that you guys are very similar to pharisees that Jesus was condemning.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Sammiejokes(m): 11:58am On Dec 13, 2017

1 Corinthians 16New International Version (NIV)
The Collection for the Lord’s People
16 Now about the collection for the Lord’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. 3 Then, when I arrive, I will give letters of introduction to the men you approve and send them with your gift to Jerusalem. 4 If it seems advisable for me to go also, they will accompany me.

MR SHEEPLE COLLECTION FOR THE LORDS PEOPLE IS ABOUT SETTING ASIDE FOR THE NEEDY IN JERUSALEM AND NOT TITHE OR 10%. SAVING UP AT YOUR DISCRETION AS A BELIEVER. AS A CHRISTIAN I SET ASIDE SOMETHING EVERY MONTH FOR MY CHURCH'S MEDIA OUT REACH ON TV STATION SO AS TO BLESS PEOPLE.

4 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
BoboKush:
All this you wrote didn't talk abt tithe.... And daddy freeze never said we shldnt pay offering
Daddy freeze or na freezer will start that soon. Tithe is just phase one then after offerings and then sin
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by HeyCorleone(m): 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Rebuke:

I wonder why every born again likes to claim entrance or pass into the spiritual world. The Bible is very easy to understand. Nor every part of it is spiritual. Some are just clear spoken English. The Early Church Fathers settled matters on the Bible and Christianity by deep reasoning and logic (a good number of them were Philosophers like Augustine and Aquinas who proved the existence of God with philosophy, not by saying "a carnal mind can't understand things of the spirit. That sounds very foolish).

In the part where tithing is mentioned in the Bible, it says it should be giving to the Levites, that is those of the tribe of Levi, one of the sons of Jacob. Even a carnal mind can be able to deduce if his pastor is a levite and since he's not, why give him tithe? The Bible also goes further to define the state of the Levites. The Levites didn't own anything, not even food. They didn't have lands. They didn't farm. So the tithe given to them was for their upkeep.Then the question arises "what is the condition of my pastor?". The average Nigerian G.O has at least 2 cars, minus his wife's, and lives in a house of his own and every Sunday wears a suit worth at least N30k to preach. Doesn't quite fit the description of a levite who'd need the tithe to feed. So why should I pay tithe to he who already has all?

It's simple reasoning. No need for spiritual talk. Even Jews don't pay tithe because they're aware of the conditions. How many Jewish Rabbis are from the tribe of Levi?

We Christians just bother ourselves with unnecessary practices. With or without tithe, the Gospel of Christ would still spread so why all the fuss?

2 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by pafisayo(m): 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Rebuke:
Brother, don't o waste yhur time on this lost generation whoz conscience hassle been damaged beyond repair. Generation of reprobate heart.

2Timothy 4V3-4

3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Lol carnal mind.... So how do you expect a simple non Christian with Carnal mind to Believe Jesus Christ is Lord or believe their is God or the Holy Spirit exist.
Or you guys don't preach salvation it's just financial bla bla bla
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by deleo16(m): 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
honniemail:
Tithing works for me and there is nothing anyone would say to change me...i had a personal convinction nd i am tithing till i die by God's grace.

I was once an unbeliever who criticise this...i would say "look at these pple moving around in their legedese benz..funding their GO's to get jets

But now i know better by HIS grace..

I wont say freeze is wrong...but he doesnt have an indepth understanding of giving

He is freeing d "sheepie" on tithing, has he heard of sacrificial given

He shouldnt even bother to know cos he will develop heart attack when he gets to know wat we are parting with to give as sacrifice not to man but to God who has put it in our hands

Tithes and offerings are used to pay salaries of worker i.epastors, acountants..clearners etc

Their are over 18000 working staffs in my church are they not citizens of this country
Does frezze and his followers know how many family that is being fed,housed nd educated with this salary they earn frm f church

Is it not the tithe that is being use to pay them??
Pls i want to know how the pastor is embezzling d moni cos me i am not understanding

Even d private jets is not bought in d pastors name its in d church name nd i know of times delegates av gine on trips with this jet thats on several occassion withiout d GO's

I pay my tithe
I give to my parents
I give to d needy around me
And i touch lives in my little capacity

And i will continue to do so till Jesus come
I understand where u are coming from ,the whole tithe issue is a to make pastors sit up tight, tithing is not a compulsory thing,but if one choose pay it then good for you, but the arrogance display by pastor is what is making it fishy whether we like.it or not the church needs money to carry out certain task or goal,but what we see this days displaying from certain man of God is disheartening " saying words like if you don't pay tithe things would be hard for you" I have seen people who pay noting whose life has change or who don't pay ,the misconceptions of attaching spiritual blessing is even the funny part I am a Christian before given out my cash I would.take my time.to verify the lifestyle being display by the head of churches before commencing payment that and so far what I have seen has made me withdraw towards some churxhes this days .giving towards the gospel or needy or charitable work is excellent am not against that that is what jesus himself liked,but lavishly lifestyle being done by the heads rings a wrong bell to some.of we the members we see what's going on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

The law still remains the same...Christ himself said that he didn't come to abolish but to fulfill it..so which is better? To willingly give half of my monthly salary to the church every month or to give a paltry 10 percent every month?

so are you still abiding by the other over 600 requirements of the law? Have you celebrated the Passover? feast of unleavened bread? etc
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by DBestDoc(f): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

Apostle Paul particularly instructed the people to set aside a sum of money that is proportionate to their income. This was a convenient way of collecting the money, that has now become a trend among Christians every Sunday. Is Paul a fat-fed and corrupt Apostle?

2. Jesus watched as the "Sheeple" widow dropped money for corrupt religious leaders but He did not free the "Sheeple"

At the time Jesus observed the widow's offering, the treasury was managed by corrupt religious leaders, but Jesus did not free the sheeple widow. Nowhere was it mentioned that Jesus instructed her not to give her last penny! Instead Christ was interested in blessing her seed. Ask yourself, would Jesus partake in the #freethesheeple movement if He and the Apostles were around today?

3. If your Pastor sow spiritual things to you, it is right and appropriate to give him those material things you can afford, and Yes, that includes a Jet!

The money paul collected, was it for himself?
No
Was it to be kept in a bank account as a church fund?
No
Paul gathered those offerings so he could send them to the brothers in need . That is what the early church, the real christians were known for. They shared all they had with those that didnt have . No one collected from the rest in the name of being a pastor or prophect.

Even Paul you quoted never took anything for himself. He said he worked with his own hands, that God forbid that he becomes a burden to anyone. Even though he had the right to tax them, he never did.

Try and study the bible very well, and when you do, desist from picking a single verse rather, read the preceding and subsequent verses to get the full message.

Tithing is very unchristian,whether you accept the glaring truth or not. But offerings are recorded everywhere in the bible. Jesus gave and received for His ministry, the early church also gave and received. But giving has to be done cheerfully like the bible commanded that is why the widow gave. Willingly and Jesus hailed her for that.

You can give jets to your pastor, nobody stops you from doing that, but saying you're giving it to God is where the problem lies. God is nobody's mate. Tithe to your pastor and his ministry but don't drag God into it 'cause clearly from the scriptures, the only way you give to God is by giving to the needy, clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, visiting the sick and our services to God. Don't add or subtract from the scriptures.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by phabulous88(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
Acidosis:

You forgot to read it to the end
1 Corinthians 9:18

What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by AkpaMgbor(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

was it Jesus who asked the woman to pour the oil on his legs? Did he threaten to curse other people who didn't pour the oil on his legs? BTW Jesus scolded Jesus because he knew him to be a thief who never really intended to take care of the poor but wanted to embezzle the money
Are you not one of them who say "leave the messenger and address the message"? Giving to the poor is very good like judas suggested, but why didn't Christ himself rebuke the woman? Just like freeze, he wears expensive watches and flaunts it but gets riled up when a preacher wears something good? Christ later said in that passage that there will never be a shortage of poor people, meaning you can give to the body of Christ and still give to the needy around you..
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Childofaking: 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

what exactly does a pastor need a private jet for? Especially given the harsh economic realities of our time

What does a pastor need a private jet for ? You are so ignorant of what a Pastor does . Do you know that some G.o s have oversea churches in over a hundred countries and will need to move with his own schedules and not the schedules of airlines?

How come we don't have problems with Dangote and other business owners having private jets but have problems with Pastors. You think those businesses are more important than the work of God?

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
Eldee54321:
U're saying Pastors are using private jets How many pastors are using private JETS in Nigeria Can u tell me I wanna know
even if it is just one pastor,it is still wrong.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Sammiejokes(m): 12:04pm On Dec 13, 2017
MR SHEEPLE YOUR THIRD POINT IS SENSELESS, PAUL WORKED DAY AND NIGHT FOR HIS DAILY LIVING. IT CAN BE DEDUCED THAT OUR NEW GENERATION PASTOR ARE BURDEN TO THEIR MEMBERS.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you recall, brothers, our labor and toil. We worked night and day so that we would not be a burden to anyone while we proclaimed to you the gospel of God.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Bonnington, UK Donates Tesla X Model To RCCG To Welcome Pastor Adeboye To London / Nelson Mandela Has TB Joshua's Portrait In His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.