Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 (130605 Views)

GTBank Nationwide Massive Graduates Recruitment 2020 / 2018 Nigerian Navy (DSSC 26) Nationwide Massive Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment / Cornerstone Staffing Massive Graduate & Mid-level Job Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Crystalng: 10:16am On Jan 29, 2018
Please does anyone know how I can change my test venue to Port Harcourt
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Mereal: 10:40am On Jan 29, 2018
Crystalng:
Please does anyone know how I can change my test venue to Port Harcourt

As long as you wia called or texted for the d interview, just go. You don't need a way of changing any venue. Wen you get dia, just show dem evidence dat u wia invited, though u choose ph center for the test. Goodluck....

In btw, datz if ur sure they are writing in ph center.
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Crystalng: 10:51am On Jan 29, 2018
The test is being conducted in PH but I don't know the venue
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by endyson(m): 10:56am On Jan 29, 2018
aahnnah:
1 Me..
we do meet over dere
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by endyson(m): 10:56am On Jan 29, 2018
Zinny25:
I
we do meet over dere
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Mereal: 11:51am On Jan 29, 2018
Crystalng:
The test is being conducted in PH but I don't know the venue

Is at Obigbo, five fingers computer or so, is close to the Kings palace which is the main venue. Unless they have another, coz datz wia d 1st 1 was conducted. wen u get to Obigbo, ask d bike men there, they'll take u dia.
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by rossyc(f): 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
glo and their unending test/interviews..
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by 360great(m): 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
When will glo call ph participants na........ shocked
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by chelsea4: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
aahnnah:
yea zinny.. Are u also writing in Enugu? Enugu foretrust digital consulting.. Pls let's hook up..
Abeg I am also writing in Enugu. 07054625202
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by endyson(m): 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2018
ruthobaz:
Please has anyone from Benin gotten an invite for the interview?
i
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by gift3d(f): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
Globalcom using Nigeria graduates head. Interview... Test.... Interview.... Test at the end those waiting for final interview would be sent aptitude test again. Rubbish network
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by gift3d(f): 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
This recruitment process is highjacked already don't waste your t-fare. BECO
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by gift3d(f): 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
My reason for blasting globalcom.
Apptitude test was not conducted at the Benin centre. The staff at the centre could not produce the questions from 10am - 4pm.
But when the question was finally uploaded we could not login till 5pm. They had to proceed to interview. grin grin
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by damtan(m): 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
gift3d:
My reason for blasting globalcom.
Apptitude test was not conducted at the Benin centre. The staff at the centre could not produce the questions from 10am - 4pm.
But when the question was finally uploaded we could not login till 5pm. They had to proceed to interview. grin grin

wow...that's serious. I dont think the test is so important anyways even if you wrote it.
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by gingger(m): 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
Am totally disappointed in glo,
Imagine the segregation between 2.2 and 2.1 today,
If you are a guy with 2.2 no interview but if u 're a lady with 2.2 you can go in,
The only males who went in were those with 2.1 or first class,
Some persons travelled al the way from ibadan and they were turned down cos of 2.2
If glo is reading this I must comfess am disappointed in them, if a Nigeria company could do this then wat will a foreign firm do

1 Like

Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by prettyaura: 7:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
gingger:
Am totally disappointed in glo,
If you are a guy with 2.2 no interview but if u 're a lady with 2.2 you can go in,
Some persons travelled al the way from ibadan and they were turned down cos of 2.2
If glo is reading this I must comfess am disappointed in them, if a Nigeria company could do this then wat will a foreign firm do
wow! this is serious...during our own time, only d ladies were interviewed..guys weren't interviewed at all...I guess they need more of ladies than guys.....all is well anyways.
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by damtan(m): 10:58pm On Jan 30, 2018
[quote author=gingger post=64646821]Am totally disappointed in glo,
If glo is reading this I must comfess am disappointed in them, if a Nigeria company could do this then wat will a foreign firm do[/quote

Same happened last year. The difference is just that, it wasn't said orally but if one is so observant, you'd know the only criteria they were after was the class of degree. Infact, that was typically the only question all males were asked during the "assumed interview".
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Mereal: 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2018
So wat is next on diz Glo recruitment, wen re dey calling us? Funny but serious question, it's kinda taking 4ever, at least let's know our fate.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Desluv(m): 12:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
At Enugu Test Center, the test scheduled to hold by 9am commenced at about 12:30pm.

The organisers were very uncoordinated, although the screening exercise started on time. They started by calling out names from a list containing less than 30 names even though they knew the list was incomplete. As professionals, one would have expected them to have taken time to compile the names of all applicants drafted to the center before the d-day in order to have a comprehensive list on hand. Sadly, the reverse was the case.

After the names in list had been exhaustively called out twice and those present whose names were on it were ushered into the hall for further screening, the officials separated those who had SMS invitation from those without. Afterwhich, those with SMS invitation were asked to form queues and plain sheets of paper handed to them to write down their names and phone numbers since their names weren't found in the first list. This took more than 1hour.

Done with that, they started calling applicants in, according to the new lists.

Inside the office was another long queue. For over 45mins, the officials were busy sorting out themselves and the queue remained stagnant and increased by the minute even as many applicants started murmuring and complaining. Some could be seen leaving the queue to sit down as they got tired of standing but not before begging their friends to help secure their positions while others were busy arranging their credentials.

The applicants who had no SMS invite, who were obviously gate crashers were also allowed in.

As the queue started moving again, those who had left the queue before to sit down, suddenly rushed back and scrambled to regain their respective positions in the queue. While some successfully regained their positions, others faced tough resistance and had to go to the end of the queue.

At the screening stand, were two men who were mainly in charge of the screening and interview that would later take place. They'd ask applicants a few questions like; What's your grade, what university did you graduate from? Would you work in Lagos if transferred there? At this stage, male applicants with 2:2 and both male and female applicants with HND results were asked to leave. 

The exam eventually started after everybody was given password to access the computer. 

But the most surprising and unfortunate aspect of this recruitment was the obvious bias in selecting candidates for interview. Normally its expected that those who are successful in the test would be called to undertake the next stage, which is interview but sadly, even while the test was still ongoing, certain applicant's résumés tagged "KiV"- kept in view", were selected for interview amongst whom were applicants who were yet to even sit for the test and a few of them were still battling with the test questions in the hall.

In reacting to questions raised by some applicants who dared to voice their displeasure over the perceived prejudice and anomaly in the selection, an official stated that the selection was based on certain undisclosed criteria. He further stated that weather this set of applicants pass the test or not, so long as they do well at the interview stage they'd be considered.

The questions on the minds of many of the applicants asked to leave are;

Why was the test conducted in the first place if they knew the selection wouldn't be based on the test results. 

Why risk the lives of innocent job seekers to travel all the way from their respective States to sit for a test which outcome would never be used to determine selection.

Why promise to give them transport fair to return to their States if they knew they had no provision for that? what did they hope to achieve by this?

Where are we going in this country?

Which way Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
Desluv:
At Enugu Test Center, the test scheduled to hold by 9am commenced at about 12:30pm.

The organisers were very uncoordinated, although the screening exercise started on time. They started by calling out names from a list containing less than 30 names even though they knew the list was incomplete. One would expect them to have compiled the full names of applicants before the d-day.

After the names in list had been exhaustively called out twice and those present whose names were on it were ushered into the hall for further screening, the officials separated those who had SMS invitation from those without. Afterwhich, those with SMS invitation were asked to form queues and plain sheets of paper handed to them to write down their names and phone numbers since their names weren't found in the first list. This took more than 1hour.

Done with that, they started calling applicants in, according to the new lists.

Inside the office was another long queue. For over 45mins, the officials were busy sorting out themselves and the queue remained stagnant and increased by the minute even as many applicants started murmuring and complaining. Some could be seen leaving the queue to sit down as they got tired of standing but not before begging their friends to help secure their position.

The applicants who had no SMS invite, who were obviously gate crashers were also allowed in.

As the queue started moving again, those who had left the queue before to sit down, suddenly rushed back and scrambled to regain their respective positions in the queue. While some successfully regained their positions, others faced tough resistance and had to go to the end of the queue.

At the screening stand, were two men who were mainly in charge of the screening and interview that would later take place. They'd ask applicants a few questions like; What's your grade, what university did you graduate from? Would you work in Lagos if transferred there? At this stage, male applicants with 2:2 and both male and female applicants with HND results were asked to leave. 

The exam eventually started after everybody was given password to access the computer. 

But the most surprising and unfortunate aspect of this recruitment was the obvious bias in selecting candidates for interview. Normally its expected that those who are successful in the test would be called to undertake the next stage, which is interview but sadly, even while the test was still ongoing, certain applicant's résumés tagged "KiV"- kept in view", were selected for interview amongst whom were applicants who were yet to even sit for the test and a few of them were still battling with the test questions in the hall.

In reacting to questions raised by some applicants who dared to voice their displeasure over the perceived prejudice and anomaly in the selection, an official stated that the selection was based on certain undisclosed criteria. He further stated that weather this set of applicants pass the test or not, so long as they do well at the interview stage they'd be considered.

The questions on the minds of many of the applicants asked to leave are;

why was the test conducted in the first place if they knew the selection wouldn't be based on the test outcome. 

Why risk the lives of innocent job seekers to travel all the way from their respective States to sit for a test which outcome would never be used to determine selection.

Why promise to give them transport fair to return to their States if they knew they had no provision for that? what did they hope to achieve by this?

Where are we going in this country?

Which way Nigeria.

I wrote in Enugu too.. It was exactly what happened.. I didn't even know there is going to be an oral interview.. I left immediately I finished.. Chai!
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Zinny25(f): 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
It's so pathetic... To think that I left my base, spent over 10k on transportation /accommodation /feeding for just a day isn't funny. Not to think of the risk involved . After writing the CBT, I asked the man who collected our documents if we can leave or wait, he said we should leave only for me to hear that interview was conducted for some peeps... I wonder what this country is turning into . So frustrating... My question is this.... Why did they send the invite when they already have their candidates

1 Like

Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by ExclusiveD(f): 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
Pls those dat wrote d test in lag was dere interview afterwards cos I asked someone n she said no interview so I left
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by prettyaura: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
The wait is finally over...they are already calling people for final interview...called 3 of my friends already...
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Akkord4gov: 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
prettyaura:
The wait is finally over...they are already calling people for final interview...called 3 of my friends already...

Final interview again while we are expecting calls to pick up the employment letter?

pls,those who have been called,where and when is the venue for the final interview
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Spylord48: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
Chai....It is well
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by osahonf: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
Required Brand Ambassadors are needed for an upcoming Project. it's is highly lucrative, Part-time and open to NYSC corp members, young graduates, employed and unemployed individuals residing in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo state with a take-home pay of 40k plus monthly.
Register on https://bincomict.has-jobs.com/brand-ambassador-december-2017-lagos/179861/0
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by policy12: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2018
aahnnah:

I wrote in Enugu too.. It was exactly what happened.. I didn't even know there is going to be an oral interview.. I left immediately I finished.. Chai!

I was there, the guy with pink shirt was worse you see d way he was calling those ladies in,after all I saw ystaday I gave up on this country.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
prettyaura:
Final interview? I hope it's not at Mike Adenuga Tower?
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by prettyaura: 8:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
Jumybecks:

Final interview? I hope it's not at Mike Adenuga Tower?
yes it is..final interview with their boss.
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by missyojo(f): 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2018
Zinny25:
It's so pathetic... To think that I left my base, spent over 10k on transportation /accommodation /feeding for just a day isn't funny. Not to think of the risk involved . After writing the CBT, I asked the man who collected our documents if we can leave or wait, he said we should leave only for me to hear that interview was conducted for some peeps... I wonder what this country is turning into . So frustrating... My question is this.... Why did they send the invite when they already have their candidates

So pathetic! Same thing happened to me last year February too when I was sent a message inviting me for an interview. I arrived Lagos late in the night with nowhere to sleep, I had to sleep in the garage, bath at a public place then head for the interview. And the most painful aspects of it was that I wasn't allowed to take the interview based on my class of degree. I wasted my money, time and risked my life too. so my dear God will do a better one for US this year.

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by josefite: 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
prettyaura:
yes it is..final interview with their boss.

Have u been invited also
Re: Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 by damtan(m): 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
prettyaura:

When do they say is the interview pls??

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply)

NLNG Announces 45 Vacancies For Experienced Hire positions / Ecobank Nigeria Intensive Graduate Program 2017 / Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.