Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Run That Check - Be Safe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Run That Check - Be Safe (385 Views)

Only God Knows When Mile 12-ketu Axis Will Be Safe / Woman Dresses As A Muslim In Hijab In Benue To Be Safe (Photos) / How Can Private Schools Be Safe In A Case Of Pupils' Kidnapping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Run That Check - Be Safe by NikkyIvy(f): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
They are our house helps, drivers, gate men/guard and sometimes the regular handyman who fixes broken pipes and any other broken item in our homes or the sweet lady who does your household shopping. They are usually very helpful, cheap or affordable, if you prefer. We have tight schedule and can't imagine life without them.

But the big question is; Can you trust them? Can you sleep peacefully with that stranger in your home? Did you even check him or her out before making them permanent members of your home? Were you too busy to conduct a proper check or too excited at the cheap labor that you forgot to ask for a guarantor? Are you sure they are not ex-convicts, pedophiles, murderers, kidnappers or terrorists?

Okay okay, someone wants to quote verses from the Holy Bible and Quran for me. Yeah, I know the gospel of Matthew 25:35 says; “For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me" and the Quran in 107:1-3 also says; "Have you seen him who belies the rewards and punishments of the Hereafter? He it is who drives away the orphan and does not urge giving away the food of the poor."

I concur with your argument but never forget that Christians and Muslims alike are mandated to be vigilant. 1Peter 5:8 states; "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

The Quran also emphasized the importance of vigilance; "Stay vigilant. The closer you get to Allah, the harder Satan works to make you fall..." (Look up the verse, I can't be doing everything for you lipsrsealed...clearing my throat)

Please, do not play God. Wicked people are prowling all over so do not be devoured. Refuse to fall for their antics, refuse to lose your faith. Vigilance, especially in this season is not to be overlooked. Be charitable but be cautious. Well, that's if you do not want to end up like other victims of house help violence murder. For those victims, taking in or employing a stranger turned out to be a nightmare for their loved ones and their funeral.

Trust your guts, do the right thing and run that check today. If you are feeling jittery and unsafe with them, then it is probably unsafe. Do not ignore the little tell tale signs. Be vigilant, be safe and never be a victim.
Re: Run That Check - Be Safe by HtwoOw: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
It's not like there's background check data base in NG

1 Like

Re: Run That Check - Be Safe by Authoreety: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
Abeg, say it louder

1 Like

Re: Run That Check - Be Safe by NikkyIvy(f): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2017
HtwoOw:
It's not like there's background check data base in NG

we might not have the database in Nigeria but we have our ways. my dear make sure you make inquiries. Ask questions to avoid had i known

(1) (Reply)

Mother Sent To Prison For ‘killing’ Son With Hot Water / Kidnapper: Evans Sues Police Over Seized 25 Trucks / Indonesian Police Arrest Transgenders,coach Them On How To Behave Like Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.