Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee (50818 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Arrests Nine Illegal Immigrants Heading To Libya From Kano8 / Carpenter Who Fled Nigeria To Libya: ‘I Don See Death Face To Face’ Photos / 17 Nigerian Migrants Sue Italy For Returning Them To Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by darkenkach(m): 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
Edo people and Italy. I just hope my barber is seeing whats happening.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Emvicprints1: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
salford1:
He travelled to libya to try and cross the sea becuase things were tough back home. God forgive me if i am wrong, but i had friends from high school who sent themselves to university by doing labourer at construction sites, and they are doing well now. I believe this libya rush is driven by greed, or people searching for shortcut to success which is not guaranteed in Europe anyway.

His friend sent him 250k to release him from libyan prison. His mum raised 400k for his operation after he got shot. Why cant they help him with these funds while he was still in Nigeria? The fund could have help hime set up a small business till he has the means of visiting EU legally.
you have not seen people that would do that and end up not getting jobs
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by beautyhd: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
He said many of them had refused to return due to shame and fear of meeting their mates at home who might have succeeded in their endeavours.

” It takes courage for you to return home. Nigeria is changing fast.

[/quote]
So true, because of shame some will choose to stay back and rather die than the ridicule and shame they might face from friends and families.

Talk of being between the inferno and flood
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Realdeals(m): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
Mental laziness is Nigerians problem, everyone want to quickest way to riches
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by cooltola(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
poor ignorant people going to Libya knowing the risks- slavery and civil war
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by smileyoo: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
ashjay001:
Wailers will pretend not to observe all these! Waiting for d next fuckup by FG, to resume wailing!grin
pls read the post before commenting, this is not your dumb govt intervention, but that of, Iom and Eu.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Flyingngel(m): 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
beautyhd post:

It's already a known fact no point stating the obvious.

Yes, I knw in relation to ITALY but using this dangerous route is something astonishing.
May be it is because of greed.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Mysselff2: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
And so
Your fellow foolish desperadoes lost their lives so please stop complaining
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by ashjay001(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2017
smileyoo:
pls read the post before commenting, this is not your dumb govt intervention, but that of, Iom and Eu.

No vex unclegrin

Tot it was by my dumb govt!tongue
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by mechanics(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
Thank God he's alive to tell the story.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by smileyoo: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
ashjay001:

No vex unclegrin

Tot it was by my dumb govt!tongue
thanks and God bless your genuine hustles.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
spyroet:
must u insult on every comment why insultin our royal magesty abi u no wan enter new year
sorri if u see it as an insult but I speak d truth.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by ekems2017(f): 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
Bros you funny o. He must join us to fight this cause to the end. Bread go plenty cos na . cargo wing he land

Nonnyflex:
You wanted to leave us here after we voted buhari Rochas and Lai Mohammed into power.. No way...we are in together... No retreat no surrender Welcome back.. Wey bread
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by defashan: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and other south East Asian countries are being developed by ibos.

Edo men are slaves in Libya and the Mediterranean region while their women are enslaved for their sweet pussies. The lucky ones who cross the sea escape the slave masters to make lots of lira in Italy servicing the Giovannis and Francescos while the lucky Luckys, Osagies and the Endurances continue their cult wahala over their.

Ibos and Edo people bring lots of shame to Nigeria. Enough is enough. Those returnees should be isolated and tested for diseases before they are allowed to go home.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Timhigher(m): 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
dowjones:
Oga shut up and stop looking for sympathy. Anybody who goes into Libya and any Arab nations knows the risk.

They know the demonic attitude of those people so live with your half body.
all the same never judge a desperate man
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
Ordinarily one expect that most returnees shud be from the core north,but otherwise is the case
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Icon79(m): 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
Jesus! Such a sad story angry sad

I just hope and pray that our people should learn to stay at home. The grass is always greener at the other side but, once you get there, you'd realize that there's no place like home. Take it from someone who knows, Europe is NOT as blissful as they make it sound.

O pari

metronaija3:
Endurance Omeyo, one of the returnees from Libya brought back to the country on Tuesday has lamented that though he embarked on the journey with his two legs intact, unfortunately came back with one of his legs amputated.

Omeyo from Uromi in Edo State said he went to Libya in 2016,

He was among 245 more Nigerians who voluntarily returned from the volatile North African country on Tuesday.

He said:” I come from a very poor home. I lost my father about 12 years ago and only my mother was left to be facing the stress.

“That is why I went to Libya to cross the sea and go to Italy, but unfortunately, I couldn’t make it as we were arrested while on the sea.

“We were 160 people on that boat but 110 died and only 50 of us survived. They now took us back to prison in Libya. ”

According to him, he spent over a month in captivity before a friend from Italy sent him N250, 000 which he used to buy his freedom from his captors.

The 28-year-old said a few weeks after, he was shot while in company of two friends which led to the amputation of his leg.

“I spent months in the hospital, until my mother went to borrow N400, 000 which was used to perform three surgeries on me and that is why I am alive today, ” he said.

While receiving the returnees, Alhaji Mustapha Maihajja, Director General, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) commended Nigerians who voluntarily returned from Libya for their courage to face a fresh start in the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Maihajja who was represented by Southwest Zonal Coordinator of the agency, Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu, noted that some others were still stuck in Libya for lack of courage to face a new beginning in Nigeria.

He said many of them had refused to return due to shame and fear of meeting their mates at home who might have succeeded in their endeavours.

” It takes courage for you to return home. Nigeria is changing fast.

“The Federal government is making everything possible to ensure that every Nigerian will be proud of being a Nigerian.

” All the government is expecting from you is to have faith in God and your leaders and discharge your civic responsibilities,” he said.

The returnees arrived at the Cargo Wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos aboard an Afriqiyah Airbus 330-300 aircraft with Registration Number 5A-ONR at about 8:25pm.

They were assisted back to Nigeria by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the European Union (EU) after expressing interest to leave Libya where they had been stranded enroute Europe.

They comprised 66 adult females, 74 adult males, four children and six infants.

The returnees were also received by officials of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) , the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) and the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).

Another batch of Nigerians was being expected from Libya, as their aircraft was said to be on the way from Tripoli.

http://www.metronaija.com/went-libya-two-legs-came-back-amputee-returnee/

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Charly68: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
God have mercy,thank God you still have your life to live ..the consequences of running for greener pastures without divine guidance can be very fatal..Elimelech did that in the bible and lost his life & two sons in the process..thank God you are alive
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by ofuonyebi: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
Useless testimonies and lamentations for Sodom from LAZY idiots who want to live a big mans life without

shedding a sweat...the #400,000 your mother borrowed for operation was more than enough to set up

great business for a serious and focused son...but you have chosen a better destiny you wished for yourself

apart from other trade, we have vast forest and greenlands in 9ja for various farming which has now turned

thousands of Nigerians to millionaires!...but pple like you prefer to cross the ocean with foot to become rich

Yoruba adage says...ise to le lole nse..(the lazy often prefers the most dangerous task!)...tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by davidicke: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Hmmm.
Back then they wer attacking PMB for not repatriating Nigerians back... But now that almost 5batches of libyan returnees have all touched down.

No one can is remembering to give kudos to NEMA for the job of well done.
But if these folks were still stranded, thats how... Buhari is would have been beheaded on this nairaland. I know that for saying this, they will say that I am Aboki.. No longer afonja.

Dumbasses that just enjoy lying to themselves..

They were brought back by IOM and EU. NEMA only received them at the airport and tell lies of how government is making Nigeria better.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by henkhay007(m): 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2017
I still don't no the link between Edo people and Europe.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2017
I hope get spare another leg to continue the journey
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by enemyofprogress: 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
Funjosh you see your life?
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
the first time i set my foot on foreign soil was in Manchester UK, after flying from heathrow to sheffield, i enter a train to manchester piccardilly stations, it was very cold, always raining, never enjoyed their food and in the first few days in manchester i hated the place, i was looking forward to coming back home, there was nothing i mean nothing extra ordinary, i prefer to stay in Nigeria my country than be in any foreign country as a legal immigrant talkless of illegal immigrant. i always wonder why people are risking their lives to go to libya of all places. if england didnt move me a bit, no any country in this world i will leave Nigeria for. there is no place like home.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by BagWay: 8:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
in edo
if it not e-tali
its libya

u wee hardly find edo in uk..usa.canada.
its always e-tali..souti..libya...belgium

1 Like

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
can we just put a shackles on Edo people, Edo Libya and Italy has something income
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Deckline(m): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Question: Who send am?
Thats an unfair thing to say. As much as i hate Edo state as i hate the devil,I do not wish for such devastating circumstance on anyone. When its time to be sensible,let us be sensible... I feel your pain brother. God will help you.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
salford1:

His friend sent him 250k to release him from libyan prison. His mum raised 400k for his operation after he got shot. Why cant they help him with these funds while he was still in Nigeria? The fund could have help hime set up a small business till he has the means of visiting EU legally.

My thoughts exactly
#650k isn't a bad start for a moderate ambition
what a forceful investment

It is good to make efforts but not recklessly.
Often, people give irrelevant excuses to justify their actions.
Yeah, we can blame our leaders for misrule but not for individual decisions.
Life is not all about making money at all cost.
Staying positive and simple help in situations like these.
I pray he find peace within; to keep him going.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Fleshofmankind1: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
Welcome back to your country.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by BruncleZuma: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
Deckline:

Thats an unfair thing to say. As much as i hate Edo state as i hate the devil,I do not wish for such devastating circumstance on anyone. When its time to be sensible,let us be sensible... I feel your pain brother. God will help you.

Bros there's a time for pity party and this is not one of them and I hope you learn from his mistakes ...and in conclusion I owe no man nothing but fellowship. Since we are the architects of our own downfall we should also bear the consequences.

Next time quote sensibly, this is not the first time people have been coming back with such stories of horrors and it even goes back to the late 80s and early 90s when the economy went belly up.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by omodave(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
classicMan22:
edo again, is like all Nigerians wey dey 4 Libya na edo people finish oo, and dere oba no dey do anything, na talk about hw him wan fight d ijaws, na be him problem mumu man.

Are you happy now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Too Much Noise In Nigeria; People Just Want Your Money — Ukrainian Lady (Video) / Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) / ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.