Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired (31734 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 8:45am On Dec 16, 2017
Biggers82:
Where do you stay if na Enugu I have a Lawyer that will eject him under 24 hours if your house is in Enugu or around you can call me on 08037364244 I can give you Ogbonge lawyer now
he is into Estate Management and he is managing properties for a lot of people and he knows the Job well

PH
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Machinegun91(m): 8:46am On Dec 16, 2017
Serves you right
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by frankkky: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2017
When I read stories like this,I remember my tenant days,they were very miserable and sorrowfull years cry,I would rent a place and then loose my job and then paying my rent would become impossible, there is no worst feeling on earth when you don't have money to pay your rent.I got evicted so many times I almost commited suicide one time,one of my landlords then hated me so much and I couldnt blame him then .Fast forward to today,I have my own houses,everyday I thank my GOD,there is nothing as liberating as having your own house to live in.I hope to set up a foundation in future to help out responsible tenants that fall into bad times due to no fault of theirs,not the ones who have money but don't want to pay but the ones with family that due to no fault of theirs can't afford to pay their rent,its high time the government looks into this,the law should have a face and heart,in a well arranged society,the landlord or a responsible tenant doesn't have to suffer loses.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by economia: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2017
If such tenant stay in stay alone apartment away from another habitat of the compound such that his entrance is secluded from others, I have a solution for you; court or no court.

If you need such quote me.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nweike1: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:
Hi everyone please i need an advice on what to do . My tenant house rent have expired since August this year he have refused to pay for house rent i told my junior brother to go to court last week and the court served him Quit notice pasted it in his door but the 7

days have expired on Monday this week the court have not done anything to eject him and him have refused to go to court or park out. i need an advice next step to take this will be my first time of serving my tenant Quit notice am always lucky to have good tenants but this one have been giving all the tenants in my house problem my tenants have been complaining to me bitterly
try citizen mediation center, each local government has it's own office. Google and find out the nearest close to you
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by joncom(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2017
PointZerom:
If the tenant is on yearly payment, it is 6 months notice that u'll give him and it will start counting frm d day you served him d notice irrespective of how many months he has not paid.
What of if the tenant is owing up to 2 years rent?
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by spartanian(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2017
My mum is also going through this same issue, 2 of her tenants haven't paid yet. One of them, his rent expired since October and he is yet to pay while the other is yet to complete last year rent not to talk of paying this year's rent.
It is very saddening.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by oodua1stson: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2017
Where are you abeg. I can help you deal with him
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 16, 2017
My brother no long talk, just call your plumber to block his toilet chamber. Thank me later.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Reeberry: 9:12am On Dec 16, 2017
You and your tenant are greedy.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by 400billionman: 9:15am On Dec 16, 2017
Airforce1:
Telling him to pay rent a day after his rent expired is pure wickedness.

Every agreement has a date. If you write a receipt, cheque or invoice and it has no date, it is non tenable or invalid.

So a good landlord will allow you a month or two after that date before threatening fire.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by 400billionman: 9:20am On Dec 16, 2017
ukeleh:
Please take things easy. No matter how long it takes, he will surely leave the house for you because, it is not his. Tenants like that will never have a house of their own. He is cursing himself by fighting the owner of a property he is using.

You understand the laws of nature.

Very well.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:25am On Dec 16, 2017
aariwa:
Since you don't want to contact a lawyer.Let me give you a summary of what you should do .Serve him the statutory notices ie 7 days and one month,then file a suit for recovery of premises at the nearest magistrate court.Once the case comes up tell the court you are handling the case yourself,enter witness box and tell the court what the man did and the order you are seeking from them.The bailiff will then enter the box and tell the court that he served the man but he didn't come .The court will then grant you the order you are seeking.You will take the judgement copy and go to the bailiff and pay them for policemen. The policemen and the bailiffs will go to the man's house one early morning, break his house and pack all his properties to the court premises.I hope you learnt something today from this.Goodluck
beautiful....
I'm surprise people are really ignorant of the law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by clemmonce(m): 9:34am On Dec 16, 2017
ebujany:

Oga landlord. Paying rent a day after rent has expired? Have u ever been a tenant in someone's house before? Is that how u use to pay? Even in this present economic situation?

As for your tenant, hes obviously a trouble maker and a landlord like u that will ask his tenant to renew His rent a day after his rent has expired deserves some one like that
look at your self are you not praying that all should be well with you that you will able to pay your rent as at when due ? are you not praying for you to even pay your rent in advance ? please tell me when are you suppose to pay your rent ? a month after it expires ? or a year ? poverty and hardship has gotten into your head that you have forgotten the right way of doing things. What a pity.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by 400billionman: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2017
macanu:
My brother I have same problem with my tenant,his rent expire since oct 22 I hv given him 6months quit notice since june,he begged me that he will renew d rent,after I have served him d notice now last month he called me and said he has 50k dat month ending of nov he will balance d remaining out of pity I collected I hv already served ouit notice o,now he is making problems telling me dat he has paid for 3months(50k) and he will not park it d 3months expires. tenants sha,what do I do

Allow him stay out his rent.
You shouldn't eat his unspent rent. Same way he shouldn't owe and stay.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2017
2shure:
every minute
a new scam on nairaland.
God punish u all
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by 2shure: 9:49am On Dec 16, 2017
fuc u
back to sender
rafa9:
I pray you or your children don't get in my situation
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by justi4jesu(f): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2017
aariwa:
Since you don't want to contact a lawyer.Let me give you a summary of what you should do .Serve him the statutory notices ie 7 days and one month,then file a suit for recovery of premises at the nearest magistrate court.Once the case comes up tell the court you are handling the case yourself,enter witness box and tell the court what the man did and the order you are seeking from them.The bailiff will then enter the box and tell the court that he served the man but he didn't come .The court will then grant you the order you are seeking.You will take the judgement copy and go to the bailiff and pay them for policemen. The policemen and the bailiffs will go to the man's house one early morning, break his house and pack all his properties to the court premises.I hope you learnt something today from this.Goodluck

smiley smiley
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2017
excanny:

That 6 months notice is for paying tenants, not debtors. Its 7 days notice to pack out once your rent is over. Check Lagos Tenancy Law. Its called to recover your property from a defaulting tenant.

Lajet:

You are correct

Sorry to burst your bubble, he is damn WRONG! undecided undecided

ONLY Until a yearly tenants owe six months rent, that is the only time you can give them a 7days Notice, because they have become a "Tenant at will".

I have read a lot of MISCONCEPTION on this thread, l just hope l will have the time to respond to some of them.

BTW: after not paying rent for six months, You go to Court and get a Form TL2 and serve a 7days Quit Notice.

After the expiry of that 7days Quit Notice and the tenant still refuse to leave, You then GO BACK TO COURT and serve ANOTHER 7days "Notice to Recover Property" (Making 14days now! grin ).

After that, you still go back to court and ask them to give you a baliff who will jack the tenants stuff and that stuffs will be AUCTIONED" to recover all Arreas of Rent (Six Months + 14 days).

That is the process for removing a "Statutory tenant" (one whose case has been reported to the Courts).

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2017
mfm04622:

Not true! The moment a tenant's rent expires, you can serve him notice to vacate in 7 days! If he still has subsisting rent, then he need 6 months notice. Know that 6 months notice doesn't mean tenant won't pay rent again

WRONG Sir!

ALL YEARLY Tenants MUST get a Six Months Quit Notice, irrespective of When you serve it or whether their rent has expired or not (Exception being when the rent Arrears reach Six Month gbako!
shocked shocked)

NOTE: You dont have to wait til a Tenant's rent expires, before serving him a Quit Notice!
If yo uare sure you want a tenant of of your house (Even if you are not sure and you will still revoke the Quit Notice sef), the TRICK is to serve the Notice when his Rent is 6-Months and One day left, to expire! (You can always change your mond if you want)
That way, you wil be able to serve the 7days Notice IMMEDIATELY when his rent expires
. undecided undecided kiss

"Cunny-man die, Cunny-man bury-am"
. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Amberon11: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2017
Lol....them never born the tenant that will try that nonsense in my father's property.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 10:31am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

I will do that on Monday but do i need a lawyer to do that or i can do that by myself without a lawyer help

Use a lawyer but please, use a Lawyer you cant trust!
I have seen some Landlord's Lawyer conniving with the tenant (after money has changed hands), to frustrate the Landlord's effort!

And dont just handover the process to the Lawyer and then go to sleep, follow-up and let the lawyer know that you are not all that ignorant of what the law says.

BTW: Anyone who rents out a house MUST get a copy and read, the Lagos State tenancy Law 2011, (2013, 2015, as amended.)
You cant fight a battle and expect to win, when you are ignorant of the rules!

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Amberon11:
Lol....them never born the tenant that will try that nonsense in my father's property.

Wetin you go do?

or you have not seen where tenant put landlord for prison and even collect compensation?
Just tell us, maybe we can learn something new! undecided undecided
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2017
aariwa:

This is a very risky maneuvre, for some Landlord who is ignorant of the law and is facing a crooked, wicked, tenant-from-hell!

1.) It will become very obvious, that the Landlord is "not on ground" and has very limited knowledge of the tenancy law.

2.) Once the above is established, it is in that same court that some "touts" will approach the tenant and offer to help him frustrate the landlord (Note: these touts are working with the Court Registrar and Clerk and they all share the proceeds)

3.) They can use repeated adjournment to frustrate your case. they can hand it over to a corrupt Judge who wil collect "Egunje" (through his Registrar) and put your case as the last, to be heard in the next one year! grin grin

4.) Every Law has "technicalities" which a lay-man may not be able to interprete or take advantage-of!
For example: If your Baliiff is "bribed", he may just fix a Saturday for the eviction for you.
You will be happy but l am sure that only Lawyers (or those familiar with the law properly, know that you cant do an eviction on a weekend of public holiday! It is Null and Void under the law! undecided undecided )

In summary, l think it is safer to let "professionals" handle the matter.
Some wicked tenant know pass landlord sef! grin grin

BTW: If l were this landlord, l will not push the tenant too hard to leave.... l will want to ensure that his property is carted-away openly and "Auctioned" to recover owed rent. That is how you teach such people a lesson.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by PeacenLove2: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2017
Nweike1:
try citizen mediation center, each local government has it's own office. Google and find out the nearest close to you

These ones take forever o. I know someone who has been on a case for months now for tenants owing up to two yrs.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2017
MASTERCC:
If he's yearly Tennant .not 7days you will give him.7days will come after 1yr notice given to him.but that 1yr will be sequence .ok

Utter Rubbish! angry angry
Please dessit from advicing people or what you are ignorant about.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2017
PeacenLove2:

These ones take forever o. I know someone who has been on a case for months now for tenants owing up to two yrs.

Very true!

Dont take him to mediation, not this type of wicked tenant.
There is NOTHING to mediate here.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by sholajigga(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:
Hi everyone please i need an advice on what to do . My tenant house rent have expired since August this year he have refused to pay for house rent i told my junior brother to go to court last week and the court served him Quit notice pasted it in his door but the 7

days have expired on Monday this week the court have not done anything to eject him and him have refused to go to court or park out. i need an advice next step to take this will be my first time of serving my tenant Quit notice am always lucky to have good tenants but this one have been giving all the tenants in my house problem my tenants have been complaining to me bitterly

My landlord!! I have told you before, I won’t pay you one kobo. Do your worst oga landlord.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 10:51am On Dec 16, 2017
ukeleh:
Please take things easy. No matter how long it takes, he will surely leave the house for you because, it is not his. Tenants like that will never have a house of their own. He is cursing himself by fighting the owner of a property he is using.

Very True!
One of the things l learnt very early in life, from my own parents, is that if your Landlord is praying for you that you will have your own house (ofc, based on how you treat his house and how dilligent you are in paying your rent), you will SURELY have your own house in no-time.
`
The reverse is also true.

It is just a natural law of retribution.

But we cant and should not allow such Wicked Tenant to have peace, in such house.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Carlyn: 10:52am On Dec 16, 2017
How please, i also have a tenant who has pack out of my house since February but refuses to move her lugages, she insist i should do my worst, how do i go about the lawyer thing, please enlighten me... thanx

mfm04622:

Go back to court and tell them he refused to leave. Ask court to provide bailiffs to evict him.

Please on no account should you use self help to evict him. Use the court process you have started. Remember you may also sue him to recover rent he owe for the time he spent without paying. After getting such judgement, if he doesn't pay, you can ask court to attach his properties.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by excanny: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2017
Daboomb:

Sorry to burst your bubble, he is damn WRONG! undecided undecided

ONLY Until a yearly tenants owe six months rent, that is the only time you can give them a 7days Notice, because they have become a "Tenant at will".

I have read a lot of MISCONCEPTION on this thread, l just hope l will have the time to respond to some of them.

BTW: after not paying rent for six months, You go to Court and get a Form TL2 and serve a 7days Quit Notice.

After the expiry of that 7days Quit Notice and the tenant still refuse to leave, You then GO BACK TO COURT and serve ANOTHER 7days "Notice to Recover Property" (Making 14days now! grin ).

After that, you still go back to court and ask them to give you a baliff who will jack the tenants stuff and that stuffs will be AUCTIONED" to recover all Arreas of Rent (Six Months + 14 days).

That is the process for removing a "Statutory tenant" (one whose case has been reported to the Courts).

What law and section is this to back up your claim?

I referenced Lagos Tenancy Laws. State laws are a bit different but similar in many respects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Turkey Security Doors And Wooden Doors For Sales / Property On Fire At Lagos Island (Photos) / Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.