Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:40 AM

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired (31387 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Daboomb: 8:31am On Dec 19, 2017
arnold123:
shut up u little prick! , did I ask u to comment ? you oversized good for nothing mumu! , your such a muddercunt u know

Hhahahah grin grin grin grin come and see one of them, unrepentant Debtor Tenant!
I am not your mate otherwise, l woud have scissored-kick you outa here. Shrivelled, piece of shyte! tongue tongue
Your Landlord will soon throw your sorry-ass on the streets.

Since you are so pained, l suggest you jump-off a bridge or go Hug a live-Transformer
. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by arnold123: 9:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Daboomb:

Hhahahah grin grin grin grin come and see one of them, unrepentant Debtor Tenant!
I am not your mate otherwise, l woud have scissored-kick you outa here. Shrivelled, piece of shyte! tongue tongue

Since you are so pained, l suggest you jump-off a bridge or go Hug a live-Transformer
. tongue tongue tongue
why don't you start first?, don't know what makes you so stupid but it really works!, u can never be my mate cos animal and man nor be the same and u Na African wild goat so how we fit be mate?
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by agentakins: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
Daboomb:

. tongue tongue tongue
Hello, can I get ur contact? I sent u a pm but u didn't respond.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Carlyn: 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
Daboomb:

Use a number she does not know to call her, Record the conversation and allow her to do the talking and prod her further and let her boast that she will lock the place up and you cant do nothing.
infact beg her to please come and open the place that you are losing moeny all these days she is not living there and just locked it up.
(You are allowing her to incriminate herself grin ).
* Then proceed to Court.
* Go to the nearest Magistrate Court and ask for Form TL4 (7 days Notice of owners intention to recover property).
* Paste it on the door, take Pictures, let the picture cover you pasting it there as well, you can place a "Todays Newspaper" on the door as well, to show/prove the date on it, so you can tell the Judge it was actually pasted on that date. You have to prove to the Judge the Notice was posted and not some "jankara" notice)
*After 7days, go back to the same Court as ask for "an order to take Possesion and force open the door".
* Court will grant it and give you a Baillif to go along with you.

NB: If you know where she lives, you can also ask for the Arrears of your rent and if they give a Judgement for your Arrears (Mense Re). she will be a Debtor to the court and can be arrested.

It is as simple as that.

pls if i need a lawyer to be responsible for my house issues with tenants, what will i require frm the lawyer
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Lukeguy: 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2018
aariwa:
Since you don't want to contact a lawyer.Let me give you a summary of what you should do .Serve him the statutory notices ie 7 days and one month,then file a suit for recovery of premises at the nearest magistrate court.Once the case comes up tell the court you are handling the case yourself,enter witness box and tell the court what the man did and the order you are seeking from them.The bailiff will then enter the box and tell the court that he served the man but he didn't come .The court will then grant you the order you are seeking.You will take the judgement copy and go to the bailiff and pay them for policemen. The policemen and the bailiffs will go to the man's house one early morning, break his house and pack all his properties to the court premises.I hope you learnt something today from this.Goodluck

You are right
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Lukeguy: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
Daboomb:

This is a very risky maneuvre, for some Landlord who is ignorant of the law and is facing a crooked, wicked, tenant-from-hell!

1.) It will become very obvious, that the Landlord is "not on ground" and has very limited knowledge of the tenancy law.

2.) Once the above is established, it is in that same court that some "touts" will approach the tenant and offer to help him frustrate the landlord (Note: these touts are working with the Court Registrar and Clerk and they all share the proceeds)

3.) They can use repeated adjournment to frustrate your case. they can hand it over to a corrupt Judge who wil collect "Egunje" (through his Registrar) and put your case as the last, to be heard in the next one year! grin grin

4.) Every Law has "technicalities" which a lay-man may not be able to interprete or take advantage-of!
For example: If your Baliiff is "bribed", he may just fix a Saturday for the eviction for you.
You will be happy but l am sure that only Lawyers (or those familiar with the law properly, know that you cant do an eviction on a weekend of public holiday! It is Null and Void under the law! undecided undecided )

In summary, l think it is safer to let "professionals" handle the matter.
Some wicked tenant know pass landlord sef! grin grin

BTW: If l were this landlord, l will not push the tenant too hard to leave.... l will want to ensure that his property is carted-away openly and "Auctioned" to recover owed rent. That is how you teach such people a lesson.

Correct

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mfm04622: 6:45am On Feb 11, 2018
W
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by AreaFada2: 6:55am On Feb 11, 2018
mfm04622:

When is he expected to renew his rent if not a day after his rent expires? A month grace period? You can even see the landlord didn't disturb him. Hmm. Tenants are wicked ooooo

Some tenants are evil. No wonder many will remain wretched for life.

One family left with over 6 months rent. They never honored their undertaking (signed at my lawyers office) to pay off their debts in installments.

E nor go better for them.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by blanquecheque: 11:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
collinsmp:

Ok Sir since i have taken the matter to court let me have patience . he must leave my house before January end and he must pay all my money he is owing me i have already hired 4 people to be at the gate with my Caretaker making 5 people they have to be at gate 24 hours until court give order to throw him out i want to use him as an example because he have boasted too much leaving him will make other tenants to fellow his footstep i have order the boys not allow him to take anything out of the Compound.

So, bros, what was the outcome of this case? You didn't feel the house back in on it. I'd like to know if it went smoothly or there were challenges (the Nigerian factor?) and what they were. Some of us are actually facing similar issues. ✌
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by donregal: 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Some tenants are actually from hell
Had same experience so time ago but finally evicted him
Now any body renting my place must provide
1. A verifiable guarantor who will co-sign the agreement with him
2. All of us will snap picture as this is going on
3. The tenant will sign the tenancy agreement
4. Fill my form and provide his church or mosque which will be verified before his payment is accepted.
5. Place of occupation will be verified
6. Must be married with children. No more giving out property to singles (very sorry about this. At times pple make u harsh)
7. Finally I must meet with person one on one and interview him very well. If possible investigate and confirm why he is leaving his former house.

Mine refused to pay some time ago
Unknown to me he wanted to relocate and abandon his yeye furniture
Abandoned my property for months and never called
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by airminem(f): 11:13am On Sep 30, 2020
Hi i need you to advice a brother on what next to do after similar tenant refuse to leave
mfm04622:

Not true! The moment a tenant's rent expires, you can serve him notice to vacate in 7 days! If he still has subsisting rent, then he need 6 months notice. Know that 6 months notice doesn't mean tenant won't pay rent again
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mfm04622: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
airminem:
Hi i need you to advice a brother on what next to do after similar tenant refuse to leave

The tenancy law in each state is a little different. Some states also have a rent tribunal. So engage a lawyer. Don't forget to tell the lawyer one if the things you want is for the tenant to pay for the time used but not paid for.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by airminem(f): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
Right
mfm04622:

The tenancy law in each state is a little different. Some states also have a rent tribunal. So engage a lawyer. Don't forget to tell the lawyer one if the things you want is for the tenant to pay for the time used but not paid for.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Skypeaceconsult: 7:03am On May 18, 2023
My friend had a tenant occupying a room and parlour self contain in shagamu Ogun state. His rent has expired early this may and he refused to quit after servicing him 6months notice . He owes utilities arrears . He locked up the building till this moment. Advice on the next move

I want to take possession of the property without resorting to selp help

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osamede Adun's Complex In Benin Demolished By Authorities (Photos) / Cost Of Wiring 3 Bedroom Apartment. / Man Shares Photos Of His Flooded Compound After Heavy Rainfall In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.