Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists (14534 Views)

FG Hints On Revival Of Two Ministries Scrapped In 2015 (names) / How Overhauling Of SARS Will Benefit Nigerians / Reformed APC (R-APC): New Faction Of APC Emerges In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by emma321(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2017
The Public Relations Officer of the Nigeria Police Force, Jimoh Moshood has stated that the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, will not scrapped but reformed despite nationwide protest.

Moshood disclosed this at a youth-police forum on Police Accountability in Lagos by Korede Bello Initiative.

CSP Moshood urged Nigerians to be patient as the police force was investigating complaints and feel their pains.

“We have families and we feel your pain; SARS reform is the way to go and not to end SARS.

“SARS has been doing very well in ensuring that robbery is reduced to the barest minimum in the country. However, concerns and allegations against them as regard the violation of human rights are being investigated on the directive of the Inspector General of Police.

“The reform that he has put in place is to ensure that SARS is streamlined just as the Mobile Police Force under a unified commander at the Force headquarters, who is a commissioner of police”, he said.

Dolapo Badmos, the Zonal police public relations officer for Lagos and Ogun state also present at the event commended the Korede Bello Initiative for the forum, reassuring Nigerians that the reform of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad was currently going on.

”If you have any complaint about any police or SARS officer, report and it will be dealt with appropriately by the Police”, Badmos said.

Nigerian celebrities Ruggedman, Dr Sid, Simi, Sound Sultan, Korede Bello and ace broadcaster, Sulaiman Aledeh were at the forum.

http://anstalk.com/sars-will-reformed-not-scrapped-nigeria-police-insists/

lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by AntiWailer: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2017
Only armed robbers will be happy to see SARS scrapped.

Who will want a SPECIAL ANTI ROBBERY SQUAD to be scrapped ?

I am still wondering.

Reformation is what is needed.

Let there be serious consequences for maltreating, brutality and not following the rule of law.

It is social media age.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by NwaChibuzor: 9:11am On Dec 14, 2017
It must not even be reformed. We like it the way it is.

4 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Bevista: 9:14am On Dec 14, 2017
I agree. You can't throw away the baby with the bath water.
---
Just like saying we should scrap the NPF or Judiciary or NASS or Government or....just because there are cases of widespread corruption and abuse of office. At that rate, we might as well scrap the entire country.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by yanshDoctor: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2017
has anyone noticed no police reform has ever worked? they keep wasting their time.

Nigerians have lost faith with the police reform hence #endsars

the police unit we are talking about are ragtag collection. no uniform, no name, no shoes they are more like a regulars. their major aim is to make money from just anyone and go home with something. if you are a sars you are expected to build house in 5 years.
although many of them never use their money for good things they spend it on drink and women.

just like how Jesus was crucified. he was arrested and the jews were looking for just any allegation to nail him.

that's are sars operate. when they caught a youth. they will just be looking for anything available to collect money or kill him.

first yahoo boy. next tattoo, if that one is not working. next cultism. next arm robber, just anything to force nail their victim. that's not what the constitution says

they are the accuse, witness, judge and persecutor. with no identity to leave behind.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by emmie14: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2017
Who is reforming who. Police reforming police?

12 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 14, 2017
The Police has ungone series of reform by either changing of it uniforms,stopping roadblocks,dismissing it personnel who are involved in bribe taking and stating that bail is free.None of it reform seems to make headways.We are still seeing them committing the same crime.We even hear that when the erring personel are reported to their oga,they are arrested and release within a few days to resume their illegal duties.Even their oga,igp idris was involve in bribery from companies in other to provide security when they are been paid by taxes.So tell me which reform will ever change the nigerian police?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by magoo10(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2017
There will be no reformation anything neither will SARS be scrapped, after making noise Nigerians will forget about the issue as usual,and it goes on and on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Bolustical: 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
The present crop of SARS might have been saturated with rogues but I don't believe it should be scrapped. SARS in one way or the other are working to make us safe.

All IGP needs to do is to reform the unit through:

A thorough background check of personnel,

Quarterly appraisal of officers' conduct,

Better conditions of service and

A no nonsense disciplinary body.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by veekid(m): 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
Reform the whole force

3 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by BruncleZuma: 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
Nah their way...
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Bolustical: 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
The National Assembly is more wicked than SARS yet no one is calling for their scrapping.

You can only reform an establishment of the law, you cannot end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by simplemach(m): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
I only pray one thing,
that the next victim be your relative
Only then will you not only end it, but declare them terrorists

4 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by hakeem4(m): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
All these Sars people are just showing their true colors because they wield gun

Abeg let god give me 30 billion naira, let me also see my true color

2 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Ruggedfitness: 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
The Public Relations Officer of the Nigeria Police Force, Jimoh Moshood has stated that the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, will not scrapped but reformed despite nationwide protest.

Don't mind uneducated Nigerians who don't know what they want. Should the NPF be scrapped because they collect N100 from every vehicle operator or should it be reformed.. We blame the leaders for our problems when we are the ones who don't even know what we want.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Ugoeze2016: 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
Reform makes no sense to me just #ENDSARS now

1 Like

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by NwaAmaikpe: 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
shocked

If the police refuse to scrap SARS,
Nature will scrap SARS.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2017
Reformed with a bunch of phony rules no one will see to their implementation

It's wrong for a defendant to be prosecuted without the presence of a lawyer, but go to court houses in Nigeria and you'll find out this isn't the case. Even underage kids get sent to prison.

To SARS officer s, it's a sin to be a successful young man with an iPhone and tattoos.

#EndSARS

I supply Gas to all parts of Nigeria. See my signature.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Ttipsy(f): 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2017
I think you guys also need it most..
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by phpfx(m): 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2017
I don't support the idea of ending sars from the on start.

I know they are corrupt but they serve good purpose curbing crimes too.

the should be reformed not scrapped

visit http://whowansell.com.ng to sell or buy stuffs around your campus.

an online platform with students.
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by SalamRushdie: 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2017
Reformation is the only way to go , scrapping is out of it because the Pros of SARS still outweighs the cons..

1 Like

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Evablizin(f): 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
shocked

Okay. Till then.
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by pol23: 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
Korede Bell tried on this.
He beats my expectations,He wasn't just ranting on Twitter like we all did.
He took a step further,even bigger Artist just talk am small... ... ...

When you hear the word Reform In Nigeria it actually means "make una learn to live with it"
The only solution to Sars is 1Nigeria ,something like fraternity.
Injury to one is injury to all.
Anytime policemen start their thievery act ,you don't walk pass a fellow Nigerian being humiliated while you're there.
If I fight for 10 people,surely 4 out 10 will fight for me.
But Nigerians are different breed of Humans,too selfish.
Your life thats not worth up to 20k,you be shouting you can't come and go and kill yourself.
If you don't stand for something,you will fall for nothing.

7 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Discharge(m): 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2017
#End&Reorganize

1 Like

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by memeguy: 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2017
Never really understood why people will be clamouring to scrap an elite unit that combats armed robbery. Common sense is scarce. What do you think will happen when they scrap SARS?

3 Likes

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by osuofia2(m): 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2017
#istandwithsars... Only armed robbers and kidnappers are fronting the end of sars.. funny enough some people here shouting end sars have never had encounter with sars,they are just follow follow.
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by tstx(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2017
Exactly.. The squad needs reformation
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by three: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hmm.....

The SARS will be useful in the run up to 2019.

When the State decides to promote an adhoc unit of Law enforcement that has roundly been criticised by Law abiding citizens it becomes clear whose interest they are serving.

Clearly not Nigerians.

Some have turned SARS into a Wike vs Amaechi tiff forgetting that these individuals have arrogated to themselves the #LicenseToRobAndKill

Democracy is taking a beating.

1 Like

Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by dieBYfire: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2017
I think the Police are bunch of stupid and useless people.... Why can't they scrap out SARS and introduce a new sophisticated &. Well trained and unit to combat crime undecided

Nigerian Police can never be Professionals. Not in this life time sad
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
memeguy:
Never really understood why people will be clamouring to scrap an elite unit that combats armed robbery. Common sense is scarce. What do you think will happen when they scrap SARS?
nothing...life goes on...
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by qualityovenbake(m): 12:55pm On Dec 14, 2017
Abeg make dem change dat Sienna to Hilux. At Surulere in Lagos State; especially in the evening, immediately any ash colour sienna is sighted, na temple run sure pass.

The day of Argentina Vs Nigeria friendly match, around 9pm, two Black Maria and about 30 SARS officers storm shitta and taoridi at bode Thomas junction and raided a lot of people. Thier detention centre is at Oshodi, you will need to go along with N15,000 if you are coming to bail your friend or family member.
Re: SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists by Mysselff2: 12:55pm On Dec 14, 2017
WOREFA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos / Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday / Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.