Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

8 Best Ways To Whiten Your Teeth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Best Ways To Whiten Your Teeth (1425 Views)

Three Natural Steps To Whiten Your Teeth / How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth / See How To Whiten Your Teeth At Home(dentist Approved) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Best Ways To Whiten Your Teeth by ucheofficial: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2017
8 BEST WAYS TO WHITEN YOUR TEETH

Posted by CITYHEALTHBLOGGER on DECEMBER 14, 2017

Listen,you don’t have to cover your mouth and face down while when someone says something funny.I know how you feel.I also have a friend who doesn’t smile in public.Not because he’s mean,or someone threatened to kill his family if he does so,but his teeth could have been mistaken for the Brazilian flag,if only the green circle and the writing wasn’t there.I wasn’t happy about this,so i researched by asking the best dentists i could find,the way out.

Whitening your teeth has been taken as a myth by most people.This can be attributed to the overhyped campaign by toothpaste companies on how it can be done in one week or less.But listen my friend, I’m not here to teach you how to whiten your teeth by waving a magic wand or toothbrush over it,like they do in most commercial.I’m here to teach you how to whiten your teeth in the most fun way possible.

Also,you will learn some poor habits that cause permanent decolouration of the teeth,and the best way to avoid them.So be one of the first to get the dentist-approved advice for whitening your teeth and smile more confidently.

1)Visit The Dentist

This can be very difficult for most people.Not because of time,but because the dentist is presumed to be visited only when dental issues is severe.But according to statistics,a regular visits to the dentist is not only good for the oral health,but other dental advice can be gotten,which might include some teeth whitening tips.

2)Eat Less Of These Teeth Stainers

There are certain foods that can stain your teeth.They can cause your teeth looking less white.They include;

Coffee
Palm oil
Tobacco
Red wine
Soda like Coke or Pepsi

These food above can leave an indelible stain on the teeth.Should you give up coffee or palm oil from you diet?..No,but you can rinse your mouth 20 minutes after consuming the food mentioned above.Avoid brushing,since this can make you force the acids from the food right inside your enamel.

3)Brush At Least Twice Daily and Floss Regularly

Dentists advice you should brush at least twice daily,and floss immediately after meals.It is also advised to calm the aggression while doing so,in order to protect the gum,and also prevent the erosion of the enamel.So,mediate the aggression to prevent harm to the teeth or gum.Floss is cheap and can be gotten from pharmacies across Nigeria for as low as N500.

4)Consider Whitening Toothpaste

Earlier in the article,I criticized whitening toothpastes a little for overblowing the results of using their products.But nonetheless,there are some really good ones.Products like Colgate Advance whitening,Colgate Optic White,Sensodyne Extra whitening,are good options to consider.Whitening toothpastes are still the most used form of whitening.This is because they are cheaper and readily available.So,shop for the ones you feel would help,or consider the options i laid out earlier.

5)Try Activated Charcoal

Activated Charcoal is a known particle binder.It is highly absorbent and can easily remove stain from any surface.It is safe and highly effective.It is also cheap and readily available.Make a paste with about half tablespoon,apply on teeth surface and allow to stay for 5 minutes,and then rinse away.It is advised not to brush with it,since it is very abrasive and can erode the enamel.

6)Banana or Orange Peels

Though no study have proven this,but banana or orange peels contain many vitamins and minerals that can whiten your teeth just by simple rubbing on the teeth surface.Rub the peels on your teeth and wait for 10 minutes,then rinse away.

7)Mix Baking Soda With Hydrogen Peroxide

The good thing about this method is that it is very affordable and won’t cost more than N500,you can also do it at home.Baking soda fights bacteria,and a mixture with hydrogen peroxide provides an oxidizing property which helps in stain removal.Mix 2 tablespoon of baking sod,with 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide to make a paste.Brush with the mixture for 2-3 minutes,and rinse.

coolStop Smoking

This can’t be stressed enough.Smoking is harmful to overall health.The tar and nicotine found in tobacco,contributes majorly to the yellowing of the teeth.So my healthy friend,drop that stick you are about to light up and reconsider for a better living.

Hope you are having a great week.Any questions?…Leave a comment

Helpful? Remember you have friends and family that need to know about it,so share it to them.

https://pillowhealthng./2017/12/14/8-best-ways-to-whiten-your-teeth/

1 Like

Re: 8 Best Ways To Whiten Your Teeth by Sage7(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2017
That point on smoking na true....but some guys still have white teeth nonetheless. I have a smoking friend with bizarre teeth, a resultant effect of smoking.

1 Like

Re: 8 Best Ways To Whiten Your Teeth by ucheofficial: 10:15am On Dec 14, 2017
Sage7:
That point on smoking na true....but some guys still have white teeth nonetheless. I have a smoking friend with bizarre teeth, a resultant effect of smoking.

Smoking really destroys the teeth.The dentists i asked said it's the number one cause of teeth decolouration.Getting him to stop is where the problem is.
Re: 8 Best Ways To Whiten Your Teeth by ajasay3030(m): 10:53am On May 04, 2020
Having yellow teeth is one of the causes of low self-esteem. It makes it difficult for you to laugh among friends.

However, there are a few approach to whitening your teeth. One of theses ways is by rubbing your teeth with fruit peels, such as banana and orange.

You can check this for more info: https://healthdoconline.com/7-effective-ways-people-naturally-whiten-their-teeth-at-home/

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Girl Gets Electrocuted With Her Headphones / Implication Behide Toilet Infection / Am Dying Of A Chronic Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.