Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu (755 Views)

Idris Usman Claims To Be Buhari's Stepbrother, Presidency Reacts / President Buhari 'Running' While Performing Umrah In Makkah / 2019: Sagay Speaks On Osinbajo Coming Back As Buhari’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by Newbiee: 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
A national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Ahmed Tinubu, has said there is no truth in the speculation that he may emerge as President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate for the 2019 presidential election.

Tinubu described as a “classic case of utterly and irredeemably-fake news,” the report in a national daily (not The PUNCH) that he was being mooted as Buhari’s running mate in 2019 to boost the APC’s chances in the South-West.

According to a statement by his Media Officer, Tunde Rahman, the APC chieftain said it was speculated in the said report that Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, a pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, might withdraw from politics in 2019 and return to full church work.

Tinubu, however, described the report as false, insisting that he and Nigerians “have absolute confidence and are exceedingly proud of the excellent job that Professor Osinbajo is doing as the Vice-President of Nigeria.”

He said, “There is no empirical or logical basis for this mischievously speculative story. Is it even conceivable, as the story recklessly insinuates, that Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo would be considering returning to full church work rather than run with his boss, President Buhari, for a second term if the latter so decides without as much as discussing such a sensitive issue with his party and with Asiwaju Tinubu?

“In any case, is this story not entirely unwarranted and indefensible as the Buhari/Osinbajo ticket has an electoral mandate of four years out of which it has spent only over two and a half years?

“This is clearly an attempt to distract the APC Federal Government from the yeoman’s job it has been doing in rescuing the country from the deep rooted socio-economic, political, security and moral mess inherited from the PDP’s 16 years misrule of Nigeria, instigate crisis within the party, stoke dangerous embers of religious disaffection within the party and the country generally and stem the remarkable progress being made in the reinvention and revitalisation of Nigeria.

“For the avoidance of doubt, Asiwaju Tinubu has absolute confidence and faith in both President Buhari and Vice-President Osinbajo, who have been working hard harmoniously in offering inspirational leadership to Nigeria at a most critical period in her history.

“The haemorrhaging of the national economy through the wanton and unprecedented corruption that obtained before the advent of the APC Federal Government has been staunched.

“There is greater sanity, accountability and transparency in the management of the country’s finances. The Boko Haram insurgency has been substantially contained. We should not allow ourselves to be derailed from the job we are effectively undertaking in fulfilling our campaign promises anchored on the tripod of containing insecurity, taming the scourge of corruption and resuscitating the economy.”

Source: ttp://punchng.com/osinbajo-performing-i-cant-be-buharis-running-mate-tinubu/amp/
Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by Newbiee: 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
Great decision.
Atiku Media Campaign (AMC) cooked propaganda boasted.
Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by chiagozien(m): 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
Northern cabal wont even allow you to be,they know you cant be a royal conductor like osibanjo
Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by naijaboy756: 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
we are kicking u hardship robots out
Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2017
Osinbajo is a major reason why Tinubu cannot abandon Buhari and APC. Osinbajo is currently doing well and should be supported to continue in his current role till 2023 when he will be able to take over from the PMB. Since our south east friends have no problem with Secondus and Wike hijacking the PDP chairmanship position that was micro zoned to the south west on the argument that it was thrown open to all aspirants from the south, nothing stops the humble professor from contesting and winning the presidency in 2023 since it would be open to all interested aspirants from the south. The PDP had set the fantastic precedent.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
Una try
Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by topsyking: 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2017
These your reply funny and also the truth at the same time grin grin grin
seunmsg:
Osinbajo is a major reason why Tinubu cannot abandon Buhari and APC. Osinbajo is currently doing well and should be supported to continue in his current role till 2023 when he will be able to take over from the PMB. Since our south east friends have no problem with Secondus and Wike hijacking the PDP chairmanship position that was micro zoned to the south west on the argument that it was thrown open to all aspirants from the south, nothing stops the humble professor from contesting and winning the presidency in 2023 since it would be open to all interested aspirants from the south. The PDP had set the fantastic precedent.
Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by uboma(m): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2017
It will be a slap to Tinubu if he accepts the position of a Vice President to PMB.

Tinubi is eyeing secretly the position of the President....
Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by aolawale025: 6:50am On Dec 15, 2017
The biggest factor in all this is even the survival of the APC
Re: Osinbajo Performing, I Can't Be Buhari's Running Mate: Tinubu by orisa37: 7:04am On Dec 15, 2017
Well said Sir. Some think you don't know what you are doing. Some want Okoro-olosa to displace you.

(1) (Reply)

$2.7b Illegal Contract:Kachikwu Present Same Contract To FEC After Accusing Baru / $48m Fraud: EFCC Detains Jonathan’s Campaign Chief / If Not For Buhari,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.