Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Recommend A Laptop For Programming - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (8163 Views)

Please Can You Recommend A Good Computer ICT Training Center? / Can You Please Recommend A Digital Skill For Me? / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 9:41am On Dec 18, 2017
vickzdvipe:

the model and specs' are on the thread already. And for the price range, it's no longer available in the market(that is the brand new one) I got mine as a fairly used laptop for N57500
OK. Thanks.
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by wane01(m): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
directonpc:
What's your budget? If you want start with web development (php/node.js/general javascript). A regular laptop with 4gb RAM and minimum of Intel pentium(R) process will be more than ok.

Avoid Amd processors. Even if it's QBASIC you intend to learn.
hey I have a gaming PC that runs beautifully well with AMD so what's ur grudge
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by wane01(m): 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
directonpc:
YES you can. Make sure it's not the Amd edition. Check it to see if there is intel logo on it.
Please tell me what's wrong with AMD ooo
or are u acting based on past experiences
don't forget that processors are being improved
daily
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
wane01:

Please tell me what's wrong with AMD ooo
or are u acting based on past experiences
don't forget that processors are being improved
daily
AMD handles video processing and gaming far better than Intel. But when you plan to do less of those things and more of non video processing jobs go for Intel.

Even Intel celeron is a bad processor for serious programing. Same as the Intel atom found on mini laptops and windows tablets.

Last last you can risk ur money believing that AMD has made so much improvements in 2017.
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by wane01(m): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
directonpc:
AMD handles video processing and gaming far better than Intel. But when you plan to do less of those things and more of non video processing jobs go for Intel.

Even Intel celeron is a bad processor for serious programing. Same as the Intel atom found on mini laptops and windows tablets.

Last last you can risk ur money believing that AMD has made so much improvements in 2017.
so why the intense condemnation.....
Intel just has a larger scope of users than AMD
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by wane01(m): 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
directonpc:

I need a programmer to work on a project together ...
can we talk on WhatsApp
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
wane01:
so why the intense condemnation..... Intel just has a larger scope of users than AMD
cause I have tried coding on AMD before. Myself and my friends.
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
wane01:
I need a programmer to work on a project together ... can we talk on WhatsApp
is $$$ involved? cheesy
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by wane01(m): 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
directonpc:
is $$$ involved? cheesy
for now its just a personal project am working on for the banking sector which I know we can sell once done and the money is shared ...... finito ..... let's talk better on WhatsApp
before my idea is stolen
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by directonpc(m): 1:03am On Dec 19, 2017
wane01:

for now its just a personal project am working on for the banking sector which I know we can sell once done and the money is shared ...... finito ..... let's talk better on WhatsApp
before my idea is stolen
sent you a pm. Reply it with your number.
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by godfrey01(m): 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
Fongido:

Please can you recommend which one I should buy? with 150k - 200k Thanks

get lenovo thinkpad... or any lenovo with high grade..
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by wane01(m): 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
godfrey01:
hp 15 not a good laptop. don't waste your money buying it. I am an engineer and I can tell you that there are fake hp15 in the market. even if you are buying it, make sure you go with someone who knows computer hardware very well. but I will never recommend hp 15 for anybody.
what makes it not a good laptop
i have mine that was bought brand new ....
12gb
1tb
2gb video memory and graph card with extra online box storage
u people just like condemning by generalising

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by godfrey01(m): 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
wane01:
what makes it not a good laptop i have mine that was bought brand new .... 12gb 1tb 2gb video memory and graph card with extra online box storage u people just like condemning by generalising
how much did you yours.
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by wane01(m): 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
godfrey01:

how much did you yours.
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by bilefresh: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2017
wane01:

where??
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by stanliwise(m): 11:37am On Dec 21, 2017
Fongido:
I wanna start programming next year and I want to know the laptop I will get coz I just realize that not all laptops can do programming.
Also tell me the cost
My dear buy a durable and good laptop that you wont think of changing in like 2 years to come.

Core I3 4gb ram(2gb minimum) 500Gb storage space.
Model: Any(I advise you buy Dell).
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by vankaid: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
This thread opened my eyes a lot on the kind of advise people throw around on nairaland.

People are saying things like 4GB ram, Core I3 and all the things but the guy just wants to start and I am sure most of these people saying all these use systems with less than 2GB ram and lower specs PCs.

Why scare people for nothing.

The guy just want to start and even android studio or visual studio can run on a 1GB intel core 2 duo CPU which he can get for as low as 30k at Computer Village.

Stop scaring inexperienced people here guys!!

2 Likes

Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hello sir..I want to start python programming language...which good fairly used laptop should I buy?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
stanliwise:

My dear buy a durable and good laptop that you wont think of changing in like 2 years to come.

Core I3 4gb ram(2gb minimum) 500Gb storage space.
Model: Any(I advise you buy Dell).
Hello bro.. I want to go into programming and web development..is this laptop ok?
hp430 specs;4gig RAM, Intel corei3,4th Gen,500gb HDD....
hope the corei3 doesn't mean much for a programmer?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
I want to go into programming and web development..is this laptop ok? hp430 specs;4gig RAM, Intel corei3,4th Gen,500gb HDD.... hope the corei3 doesn't mean much for a programmer?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
vankaid:
This thread opened my eyes a lot on the kind of advise people throw around on nairaland.

People are saying things like 4GB ram, Core I3 and all the things but the guy just wants to start and I am sure most of these people saying all these use systems with less than 2GB ram and lower specs PCs.

Why scare people for nothing.

The guy just want to start and even android studio or visual studio can run on a 1GB intel core 2 duo CPU which he can get for as low as 30k at Computer Village.

Stop scaring inexperienced people here guys!!
I want to go into programming and web development..is this laptop ok?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by stanliwise(m): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
yusman14:
Hello bro.. I want to go into programming and web development..is this laptop ok?
what exactly are you gonna be doing? If it is web works then it is fine
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
stanliwise:
what exactly are you gonna be doing? If it is web works then it is fine
Web development (front-end) HTML5, CSS3,and JavaScript... python programming language...will it be able to install python assembler/compiler?
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by stanliwise(m): 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
yusman14:
Web development (front-end) HTML5, CSS3,and JavaScript... python programming language...will it be able to install python assembler/compiler?
very well
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
stanliwise:
very well
I actually thought corei3 means much for a programmer..
Thanks sir
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
stanliwise:
very well
The one I later bought was a Dell E series..specs;4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.6GHz,corei5 4006U...
Hope that U doesn't mean??
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by vankaid: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
yusman14:
I want to go into programming and web development..is this laptop ok?

you have more than what you need.

It is not about computers but your dedication to learn...

Save money for data to download and learn from as much youtube videos as you can.

Youtube videos makes all the difference!
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
vankaid:

you have more than what you need.

It is not about computers but your dedication to learn...

Save money for data to download and learn from as much youtube videos as you can.

Youtube videos makes all the difference!
The one I later bought was a Dell E series..specs;4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.60GHz,corei5 4200U...
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by vankaid: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2020
yusman14:
The one I later bought was a Dell E series..specs;4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.60GHz,corei5 4200U...

What you bought is more than ok for you.
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:26am On Sep 05, 2020
Fongido:
I wanna start programming next year and I want to know the laptop I will get coz I just realize that not all laptops can do programming.
Also tell me the cost
Please don't do this to this guy. Yes all laptops can be used to write a program but not all laptops will give you the peace of mind you want, coupled with the hard work of writing codes.

I don't know too many cuz I don't sell laptops but I use an hp with 12gb ram and 2 terabytes storage. It's a machine and it has never blinked. If you have a fat budget, go for something heavy like that. You will enjoy learning programming that way.
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by yusman14(m): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Please don't do this to this guy. Yes all laptops can be used to write a program but not all laptops will give you the peace of mind you want, coupled with the hard work of writing codes.

I don't know too many cuz I don't sell laptops but I use an hp with 12gb ram and 2 terabytes storage. It's a machine and it has never blinked. If you have a fat budget, go for something heavy like that. You will enjoy learning programming that way.
What about Dell laptop with the following specs;.
4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.60GHz,corei5 4200U..
Re: Recommend A Laptop For Programming by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
yusman14:
What about Dell laptop with the following specs;.
4gig RAM,500g HDD,4th Gen,1.60GHz,corei5 4200U..
That's good. For a start, but keep in mind that the more in depth you go into programming, the more softwares you will need to install and the more heavy your pc becomes so be ready to upgrade when you start making money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. / Where Are The Flex Developers in Nigeria? / [Project] CGPA Mgt System VB.NET Project: Come In Let's Share Ideas On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.