Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Is This Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is This Love (1694 Views)

Is This Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Love by delbisa: 11:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

hello everyone I am delbisa and this is my first real story
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2017
The sun rose on a bright Tuesday morning, Judith tried all she could do to get up and prepare for school,but all her efforts were futile. It was through when they say you can't cheat nature, though being an ss2 student, Judith was a wild extrovert, anytime she wasn't partying she would chat in Facebook all-night. As she struggled to get up from her bed, she felt it,like a thunderbolt fired directly at her, she instantly felt pains around her lower abdomen, she knew it was a sign of her approaching period but she like any other teenage girl,didn't like or was not expecting it to be this soon.

She quickly picked a sanitary pad and off she went into the bathroom, coming out having done her hygiene, she smiled and as unserious as she was she had made up her mind to take a day off school today, when she remembered her form teacher Mrs Daniels saying they would be having new students in their class today, as the self acclaimed queen of ss2 Judith saw no reason why she won't be among the first to welcome the new students. After all she had overheard some girls chattering about his handsome and rich boys from Trinity college where,she might just try her best and get this guy to notice her too,she pouted in front of her mirror, dressed up she was ready to have a new boyfriend now,no one matters to her now and any girl who had nerves certainly won't try her in a battle to get get the new boys attention, she looked at her watch it was 7:56, wow four minutes to when the Assembly bell would go off and those nasty seniors would stand at the gate waiting for late commers like her, a typical Nigerian secondary school.
On getting to the school gate,she saw that the prefect on duty was samson the labour prefect who was wooing her,she chuckled to herself, what a good day to gate late,she quietly walked past him giving him a wink which he smiled to ignoring the rude remarks from her classmates and other junior students.

Delbisa(Stella)

2 Likes

Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
Pls comment,I need to know my faults
Re: Is This Love by jonazter(m): 12:23am On Dec 17, 2017
Nice one, ride on we following ...
Re: Is This Love by oly0511(f): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2017
nice start
Re: Is This Love by vivie01(f): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nice one.

But just a quick one, which kind of comment(s) do you actually look forward to seeing?

Dont get me wrong, see for instance where you typed 7:56, there was no 'pm' or 'am'. Can your attention be drawn to such or just to comment generally on the story?
Re: Is This Love by Pearl05(f): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
So I saw this via oly0511, let's see how it unfolds. Hope it's not too early to call out my pals.

Cbella
Evajael
Gloryejims
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Aryember
Re: Is This Love by AryEmber(f): 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
vivie01:
Nice one.

But just a quick one, which kind of comment(s) do you actually look forward to seeing?

Dont get me wrong, see for instance where you typed 7:56, there was no 'pm' or 'am'. Can your attention be drawn to such or just to comment generally on the story?
Love your question. I love to say "good story" only after I've read quite a lot of the story and I feel this is the same for a lot of people so keep it coming and push away any thoughts that says you're not good enough just cause no one is talking, focus on your number of views if you need to reassure yourself. And if you don't mind like vivie said, you typed through instead of true.
Re: Is This Love by AryEmber(f): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pearl05:
So I saw this via oly0511, let's see how it unfolds. Hope it's not too early to call out my pals.

Cbella
Evajeal
Gloryejims
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Aryember
Thanks for the mention
Re: Is This Love by purples25(f): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pearl05:

Cbella
Evajeal
Gloryejims
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Aryember

Thanks I'll check up
Re: Is This Love by Gloryejims(f): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2017
Pearl05:
Cbella
Evajeal
Gloryejims
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Aryember
Thanks pearl05 for always remembering me...
Cyber5, I came here first, please don't drag front seat with me smiley
There's still space at the back.
Re: Is This Love by cyber5(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=Gloryejims post=63388298] Thanks pearl05 for always remembering me... Cyber5, I came here first, please don't drag front seat with me smiley There's still space at the back. [/quote

Don't worry I don't fight on Mondays
I'll seat beside you
Re: Is This Love by cbella(f): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
Is this love?

Lets find out!

Pearl05 thanks

delbisa, can we have another one soon? Nice work so far

Evajael I'm very sorry na tongue
Re: Is This Love by Pinkfeet: 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Gloryejims:
Thanks pearl05 for always remembering me... Cyber5, I came here first, please don't drag front seat with me smiley There's still space at the back.
Thanks for mention
i will be there soon
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2017

having settled down in class,I checked my time table and it read mathematics, hmmmm my worst subject,so much for a new boy,he better worth it.
during the mathematics lecture,the principal brought a new student,ouch a girl what a punishment for a desperate girl, the day was not far spent though,exactly the third period our chemistry teacher walked in with a boy, good looking was certainly an understatement, I quickly adjusted myself and as if the gods of open doors smiled at
me he was asked to sit with me, much to the detest of every girl and even some boys.
I winked at Jenifer my rival,with a wicked smile which said I got them fresh, she frowned and gave me a middle finger but I didn't care if I play my cards very well I might go home with his number or probably his Facebook username.

I scanned the class for any haters and I noticed someone I haven't really figured out much about,the new girl was an amazon, Christ I had a new rival then,unlike Jenifer I would comfort myself with my shape but her face and shape was killing me slowly, I quickly looked away head high and concentrated on my quest, new year, new things,new term,new boyfriend and of course, new budget.

who can tell me more about the chemical composition of granite our geography teacher was saying, the sun was in full action today, I checked my time it was 1;25 pm only 35minutes and I would be home I said to myself. I noticed someone was standing up probably to answer the question before me the class wizard I turned to stare at who had the head with so much intelligence and my eyes met the new girl, no I can't take it,I was beginning to think she,Jandel was a threat to me,she opened her mouth to begin when the class was interrupted and the principal ushered in the last new student, hmmmm another girl on a wheelchair, I thought I were only had to deal with only one rival then, I looked more closely it wasn't a girl but a black boy with hazel eyes a long hair packed in a strange style,my thoughts screamed Adonis,the new boy whose name I got to know was John didn't matter to me anymore, I heard the principal asking for a vacant seat,and I walked up to him smiling forgetting my seat was already taken,the new girl Jandel walked slowly wheel him to her chair,while the class erupted in laughter,I heard Jenifer say I was wondering where he would seat,maybe on top her mango head her seatmate Helen said and again the class laughed .

order!!!! in the class,the voice of our geography teacher pulled me out from my embarrassment, I quietly walked to my seat and met the new - old boy like i would call him now looking at me with disgust, but to me he was expired.
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
Walking home after school became a problem, I was glued to my seat,I had made a fool of myself in front of the whole class and the new student, John glanced at me and asked if he could walk me home,on a normal day I would have taken it as an avenue to show off and get to know him more better, but I was too embarrassed to reply him. Ok fine if you would be alright am leaving,he said while getting up to go,wait!! I said, am coming with you. No you should have acted like the proud queen everyone knows you as and refused the offer of a gentleman, a voice said behind me, I turned and I saw the cripple Wheeling his chair towards the exit of the class. Arrghh.... not again I said admist glanced teeth, we got out and saw him Wheeling towards a black Lexus, a girl came out and gave him a peck and helped him in. I was hurting inside,who was she to him??,do I care??, John coughed and I became aware that I had company,let's go I said .
We noticed the car parked near the school gate,we were about walking past the car when he said, stop!! I am June.....,June Cyril,and he drove past, what arrogance I thought . Don't mind him Judith let's go,if you could just shut up I said in thoughts, OK let's go.

***"*****

Mom,am home,I said when I got home, hold on Judith am coming I heard from inside the house, sorry my Darling I was busy in the kitchen, mom apologized when she opened the door. How was school my dear,mom asked. yea if only she knew how school was, I said in thoughts, school was fine, we had three new students today, ohhh great yes sorry for not telling you we have a new neighbour, Mrs Adeola, my friend I told you about a long time ago , we would visit them this evening, mom said.
OK ma I replied.
I went to my room, locked the door and sat down, how dare them,how dare Jenifer make fun of me, how dare June make me look cheap, I was angry, angry with the class, angry with myself for being so stupid, angry at everything in existence, but it won't help, would it? I took my bath and prepared for the outing.

I smiled to myself as we walked towards south in the estate, young lady why are you smiling?,mom asked me, I was hoping I make a new friend I replied, why on my part I was hoping Mrs Adeola's child turned out to be June, hmmmm June Cyril Adeola,what a name, I thought and smiled sheepishly, even if I knew my thoughts won't be correct all the same I needed a new friend, we got into the apartment and mom knocked on the door, hold on am coming, a voice said, hmmmm that voice is familiar I thought,the door opened and I saw Jandel looking at me with a scorn, she quickly smilled at my mom and let's us in, after the chit chat with Mrs Adeola,we were ready to go home when Mrs Adeola said, Judith, try getting along with Jandel she is your sister now OK , OK I heard you, I replied smiling. over my dead body I said in thoughts.

I woke up with a zeal to make things right,first of all I would go to school early and be more friendly with my classmates. I went to school early and my classmates where surprised, Helen please what's your time? I heard Jenifer asked, its just 7:25am Helen said stressing the am. hmmmm the God who made madam latecommer come to school this early must really be appreciated, Jenifer said and the classed laughed. I was so bitter and wanted to beat up Jenifer which was against the school rules but I didn't care at that time, I was advancing angrily towards her when I felt a hand on my wrist,and someone said, that same god should be appealed to, for him to make some people with loud mouth keep shut when their opinion is not needed,I turned and saw June holding my hand,I gave him a smile which he returned with a frown and he rested His head on the desk, coming from who?? a cripple!!! Jenifer said and that got his attention, he raised his head and he looked so deadly, I shifted backwards and he laughed. Everyone was wondering about the cause of his sudden mood swing. he looked at me hissed and went back to his normal position. Jenifer looked scared and confused I couldn't help but laugh and said,some mouth are really too big for humans
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
I got home late enough for my mom to scold me,but I don't care,even if June hissed at me am glad he stood up for me,even that once. I slipped off my uniform when I heard voices coming from the sitting room,I am her classmate ma,I just want to see her,the fist voice said,no my child she should be having her siesta by now,just tell me your name I would inform her of your visit later,my mom replied. OK ma tell her my name is June, immediately I heard June I raced down the stairs to the sitting room only to find John. hello miss Judith how do you do?,he asked me,maybe I should attend to other matters mom said and left us. I sighed and asked him to sit down.

don't tell me you are one of the girls drooling over June,I thought you were matured,he said

now enough of that,who told you am dro..o...ling over him, I replied sarcastically

if you say so, can we go out,I mean take a walk,he suggested

I was about sleeping Mr, I said

hmmmm I thought that was a little harsh, mom said entering the sitting room

don't worry about that ma,john said

Good evening and bye, I said going upstairs

wait!! he said

what is it, I screamed back

nothing, he replied sarcastically

better I said

am better than the cripple I heard him murmur

I heard that John, he is more than you in many ways,I fired back
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 9:20am On Dec 28, 2017
seated in his favourite armchair was a pot bellied politician named Cyril Adams, he looked at the photograph hanging in the wall,his wife Melissa Cyril Adams died five years ago since then he had gone from bad to worst, but that had not stopped him from loving his only child June who was crippled by the same accident he had lost his Darling Melissa to, the doctors had confirmed he would never walk again,what was the use of all his wealth, if his heir was a disability, he sighed and remembered those times his mom always says disability was not incapability, he hoped it would be in the case of June, who always looked for every avenue to lock himself in His room,he had tried getting the daughters of his fellow politicians to befriend him, but his son was a pack of ice,

June, he called yet there was no answer

he had so much to worry about and June's arrogance can't stop him,he had received a call from an unknown number telling him he had a son elsewhere, maybe one of his night flings or it could be some scammers who heard about his son's disability and want to extract money from him.

son or no son, legitimate or illegitimate,no one was coming into this household his wife has built before her death, he would get to the root of this matter but first he would visit June's school to see how he is coping

Mrs Adeola bit her finger and paced about which was an act that she was worried, how could she, Helen excel before her after stealing her lover from her and even getting married to him,now she is bringing her daughter to add salt to her injury,to mock her that it's only she that is fit to bear a child for Brian, then her daughter has the right to even steal the attention of June her daughter's crush,

your mother stole from me you can't steal from my daughter, I must do something she said in thoughts
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2017
seated in his favourite armchair was a pot bellied politician named Cyril Adams, he looked at the photograph hanging in the wall,his wife Melissa Cyril Adams died five years ago since then he had gone from bad to worst, but that had not stopped him from loving his only child June who was crippled by the same accident he had lost his Darling Melissa to, the doctors had confirmed he would never walk again,what was the use of all his wealth, if his heir was a disability, he sighed and remembered those times his mom always says disability was not incapability, he hoped it would be in the case of June, who always looked for every avenue to lock himself in His room,he had tried getting the daughters of his fellow politicians to befriend him, but his son was a pack of ice,

June, he called yet there was no answer

he had so much to worry about and June's arrogance can't stop him,he had received a call from an unknown number telling him he had a son elsewhere, maybe one of his night flings or it could be some scammers who heard about his son's disability and want to extract money from him.

son or no son, legitimate or illegitimate,no one was coming into this household his wife has built before her death, he would get to the root of this matter but first he would visit June's school to see how he is coping

Mrs Adeola bit her finger and paced about which was an act that she was worried, how could she, Helen excel before her after stealing her lover from her and even getting married to him,now she is bringing her daughter to add salt to her injury,to mock her that it's only she that is fit to bear a child for Brian, then her daughter has the right to even steal the attention of June her daughter's crush,

your mother stole from me you can't steal from my daughter, I must do something she said in thoughts.
Re: Is This Love by kennedith9: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2017
I know you're writing for fun but please, make use of punctuation marks. BTW, good job
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2017
Madison high school

Good day principal, Mr Cyril greeted on entering the principal's office.

Good day Mister......., Mr Cyril it's being a long time though how's everyone at home?. The principal asked

Home is actually fine but I came in respect of my son June, I really wanted to know how he us coping in school

hmmmm, June I most say is a very quiet type, he resumed rather late but looking at his attitude towards learning he might pull through with a C or at most a B.

looking disappointed but trying hard not to show it,he let a weak smile and bade the principal goodbye. Here he was thinking that the least June could be rated as is a B student and not managing to get a B, no matter how cold and ice June proved to be today would be his final day with that attitude, he resolved only to get home and meet a shocker.

June open this door I want to speak with you,Mr Cyril said

about what, June replied from within

can you just open the door son,Mr Cyril asked again

OK, just step aside for a moment June replied and he opened the door

getting in,Mr Cyril could best say the room was a mini shrine, clouded in black ranging from both the curtains, bed sheets and the light was dull green,he looked over again the room was filled with pictures of his wife Melissa, the first thought that came to him was that June might be obsessed with his mother.

when you are done staring all over you can state your mission, June said

Mr Cyril was boiling with rage,even if he had not being the best father, that should not give June the right to talk to him as if he was a servant to him.

Now look here young man,I went to your school only to see that your grades had dropped and I want to know why.Mr Cyril said

June wheeled his chair facing his curtain and Hus back to his father.

why not worry much about the grades of your other children and leave the grades if June to Melissa, June replied

Mr Cyril was taken aback first how did he know he had a son out there or the idiot who had called him had told His son too,but he said children who else was his child or was June insanity going too far

son what us the meaning of that statement
he asked

I want to be left alone sir

was June asking him out,he needs to do something Or His son would be a sociopath in no time,he walked out angrily

shut the door please,June called out to him.
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
Madison high school

Good day principal, Mr Cyril greeted on entering the principal's office.

Good day Mister......., Mr Cyril it's being a long time though how's everyone at home?. The principal asked

Home is actually fine but I came in respect of my son June, I really wanted to know how he is coping in school

hmmmm, June I most say is a very quiet type, he resumed rather late but looking at his attitude towards learning he might pull through with a C or at most a B.

looking disappointed but trying hard not to show it,he let a weak smile and bade the principal goodbye. Here he was thinking that the least June could be rated as is a B student and not managing to get a B, no matter how cold and ice June proved to be today would be his final day with that attitude, he resolved only to get home and meet a shocker.

June open this door I want to speak with you,Mr Cyril said

about what, June replied from within

can you just open the door son,Mr Cyril asked again

OK, just step aside for a moment June replied and he opened the door

getting in,Mr Cyril could best say the room was a mini shrine, clouded in black ranging from both the curtains, bed sheets and the light was dull green,he looked over again the room was filled with pictures of his wife Melissa, the first thought that came to him was that June might be obsessed with his mother.

when you are done staring all over you can state your mission, June said

Mr Cyril was boiling with rage,even if he had not being the best father, that should not give June the right to talk to him as if he was a servant to him.

Now look here young man,I went to your school only to see that your grades had dropped and I want to know why.Mr Cyril said

June wheeled his chair facing his curtain and His black to his father.

why not worry much about the grades of your other children and leave the grades if June to Melissa, June replied

Mr Cyril was taken aback first how did he know he had a son out there or the idiot who had called him had told His son too,but he said children who else was his child and Melissa was dead also or was June insanity going too far

son what is the meaning of that statement
he asked

I want to be left alone sir

was June asking him out,he needs to do something Or His son would be a sociopath in no time,he walked out angrily

shut the door please,June called out to him.
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
A Year Ago

Doctor I need you to tell me the truth, am I ever going to leave this wheel chair?

My dear, that I cannot guarantee for now let's see how it goes but I have a feeling it won't be forever

if you say so, but can I see my mother now?

No she is in a,very critical condition, come to think of it I have not seen your dad since you and your mom was admitted here.

Don't worry about the bills doctor,with or without my dad we would foot it.

PRESENT
He had the guts to go to my school,he is truely a clown,how come he didn't check the results of his other children.

June wheeled himself towards his reading table and picked his mother's dairy

Staying with a man like my father is like living in bondage,such a womanizer.

he dropped the diary when he could not summon the courage to go throw it.

FLASHBACK

Mom tell me what did he did to you,OK pleas.. e don't talk again, recover first,I promise to go into science just for you..and..an..d

June try never to hate him or payback, yes he...was...nt the best husband but never let go your rage towards... ( coughs) him .....

now I see why you are always getting on grandma's nerves,(smiles) too stubborn.I would be back.
you would love your apples.

PRESENT
You didn't even wait for me to come back before leaving, Melissa why. you were indeed the best mom ever( cleans the tears on His cheeks)everyone see me as a sociopath, dad,Judith am sure of that,in fact everyone except cousin kyliesha and grandma

(knocks)

Dad could you get away I don't want to see you,can't you get it.

if you don't open this door I would break it with my stick,useless boy.

(giggles) alright grandma am coming

nonsense, don't you ever lock me out again,hmmmm you have been crying June. what is it?.

nothing ma,I was expecting a young girl at the door with a big stick,he teased

are you out of your mind June, am younger than those girls you see around here. she said shaking her body. don't worry next time I would come to this room I would wear a full make up,sily child

grandma, can I ask you a question

yes go on if you won't ask questions that are senseless as you normally do.

are you aware that my father has other children??. he drops the bombshell

N..o,does he really have love children?, she asked with disgust.

I found out late.

can you get up and turn on the lights.

grandma,have you forgotten that am crippled.

and am an old woman,who are you deceiving get up before I spank you

he chuckles and gets up from the wheel chair

when you wants to pretend son do that in front up people without senses(she looks left and right)

like my dad he said smiling

yes your dad but don't tell him I said so,I still need my allowance

OK grandma,but I don't like the idea of a woman or do I say women turning up here with children and staying in this house.

not when am alive,Melissa, sleep in peace love.won't love that,so its time I start talking to your father but if he insists you must show them that you are legitimate and they are illegitimate. am I understood??.

yes ma he said with a smile, grandma has a way of making him lively.
Re: Is This Love by delbisa: 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2018
Judith am talking to you,don't you dare walk at on me.

really John, stay back and see me do that.

Judith must you always behave like this? Jenifer asked

would you shut up,what's your own business with how I behave, loud mouth,she said and hissed.

how dare you insult my girlfriend in my presence. john said

girlfriend ni..,girlfriend ko. are you the first person to date her, hmmmm or let me name them, Joseph, Jonathan even chima and the same time you were dating his best friend chigozie is it no....t true

suddenly the class went silent as Judith held her cheek which john had just slapped her.

now what are you going to say again? Jenifer asked ohhhh here comes the cripple she said and the class roared in laughter.

before she had the avenue to go back her her seat,June stood up from his wheelchair and dragged her back.

I am not cripple, miss I could have beaten you up but I am not a coward like your so called boy.....friend he said with disgust.

the class looked from him to his wheelchair as walked to a shocked John

never raise a hand on my...... sister again love child,she is more legitimate than you are. for reference I am June Cyril Adams.

(1) (Reply)

THE MARKED - White Sight: The Inbetween -- Sneak Peek / Blogger's Drop Your Blog Address Here to Get An Award, More Subscribers, e.t.c / Join One Of Africa Biggest Stories Group On Whatsapp Today..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.