Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? (33784 Views)

After 5 Years Of Trying, I've Been Admitted Finally / Has Anyone Gotten His Uniben Transcript? / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Damitism: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
Do you really mean you want to combine mbbs and pharmacy? This is suicidal! I'm a pharmacy student and I must say pharmacy alone will drain you if you are not strong enough. MBBS is another tough course on its own! You've already gotten admission for pharmacy while MBBS is still a hopeful stuff. Please, go for pharmacy. You may not get another chance.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
Please guys i have been admitted to pharmacy in ANSU but i am already doing med/sug through JUPEB, as it stands i don't want to leave either of them. My plan is to combine the two of them cause from my understanding Jupeb has same course outline with year one (i may be wrong though), i know it could be very stressfull. I dont know the degree [of stress] honestly this could be very costly paying both jupeb and pharmacy school fees. I also heard that i can pay acceptance fee then write to the VC to delay my admission to 2018 towards the end of my jupeb program, i don't really know what to do i want to complete this jupeb program and also i can't let pharmacy go just like that.

Please i need experience advice. thank u guys!

Hello dear. I had to log in to give you advice on what to do. I am a medical Doctor with many years of experience. I will advise you never to rush in for any course out of desperation because one day you will be left to live with your choice. I will ask you a few question;
1) Do ye see yourself as a Pharmacist later in life?
2) Why exactly do you want to become a Med. Doctor? Is it because of fame or fortune? The answer to that will decide my next advise.
3) If no to question 2, then stick to your decision to study medicine but for safety just defer your admission to study Pharmacy after payment of acceptance fee.
4) Pray about it.
Note I entered in through the basic medical sciences at my 100 level and crossed 200 Level. It was not easy. I want to let you know that it is very difficult to cross to Medicine in most schools from a professional course(e.g. Pharmacy, Physiotherapy) but easier with basic medical sciences like Biochemistry, Physiology and Anatomy. Because even if you score very high they might not release you.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Ge0grapher(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
Please leave that jupeb oo. I know most people that did jupeb but didnt get the required GPA to take them through.

U are even a lady and from the way you sound looks like you are smart. Choose pharmacy oo

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Mcmooney(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
Please guys i have been admitted to pharmacy in ANSU but i am already doing med/sug through JUPEB, as it stands i don't want to leave either of them. My plan is to combine the two of them cause from my understanding Jupeb has same course outline with year one (i may be wrong though), i know it could be very stressfull. I dont know the degree [of stress] honestly this could be very costly paying both jupeb and pharmacy school fees. I also heard that i can pay acceptance fee then write to the VC to delay my admission to 2018 towards the end of my jupeb program, i don't really know what to do i want to complete this jupeb program and also i can't let pharmacy go just like that.

With the way Nigeria is going, it will be wise to have multiple certifications if u can. I will suggest u continue with the MED/SIG program, then u defer the admission for the pharmacy. With that u can still meet up and get the two done. Wish u luck and more wisdom

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Mandesz(m): 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

hey, u might not able to cope with d two. even it can be veri risky n itz against college rule in Nigeria n abroad. in d future itz treated as certificate forgery especially if u joined politics.
how r u doing in medicine now? if good carry-on or if not good enough go for pharm now
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Impeller(m): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nigerian doctors are relocating abroad based poor pay and ill equipped government hospitals. It will be heartbreaking to realize this after wasting so many years in medical school. At some point, you'll start your residency in order to become a consultant... Did you come into this world to read books alone?
As a Pharmacist, you can go into community pharmacy if you don't want to work in the hospital. Your license is worth hundreds of thousands. You'll have time to fall in love, start a family and live like every normal person. On 25/12/2017 there are going to be some doctors on duty in the hospitals. How much money do they really have?
I'm happy to be an engineer.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by odebode68(m): 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
Either you think you can make it through JUPEB or you can't. You are right

The best thing is to go for pharmacy.
To get what I'm saying here, try to ask ND holder seeking direct entry to uni most of them always end to HND. Direct entry is not that easy....
Think wise and play it safe

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by justseyi(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

Accept your admission. You can still run your Jupeb program by collecting books and reading till exam time. Jupeb isn't as guaranteed as admission already. Good luck
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Pilotman(m): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

My younger brother was in your shoes last year. I adviced him to forget the JUPEB stuff. It is a game of chance. Any thing can happen. Grab the Pharmacy & start school immediately. Don't stress yourself unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by charleskido2580(m): 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
You can't combine both of them, at all.... pharmacy and med. no matter how brilliant you are

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Marine50(m): 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
will advice u too go 4 d pharmacy .. cos a cgpa of 5.0 is not easy .. while can move forward too year2 wit a cgpa of 3.5 in pharmacy and finally jupeb is a game of luck nt a granted admission atal
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by sirxris(m): 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
I advise that you defer the pharmacy admission for one year. Then focus on the JUPEB during the one year. Then at the end of the year, if you couldn't measure with the direct entry requirement via JUPEB, you then go back to your earlier pharmacy admission.

this advice is so because med/surg is better than pharmacy if your head and purse can carry it. But then, if you can't get it, at least you can get the second best to it - pharmacy.

But one caveat is to never try to do both at same time. you may likely lose out on both ends if you do so because your C GPA would likely suffer.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

The devil usually deceives in this way. stick to what you're already doing. it happened to me too on those days and I ended up performing woefully in both field. thanks to my family that came to my rescue

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by zeyheed(m): 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
Please I need to ask u something about the Jupeb, I would be glad if we can communicate 07067955070. Just gimme a beep
prevailer247:

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Evidence1000(m): 8:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

My dear, I must first of all commend you for doing the right thing by seeking advice. I can assure you that you will never stumble or choose the wrong path.
I did JUPEB last year in OAU. A lot of issues such as this came up during my time. The best advice I'd give you is to take up the pharmacy you were given. At the same time, try and complete your JUPEB program so as to have the certificate. I know it wouldn't be easy for you but by June next year, you'll write your final exams and everything would be over.
Forget about the medicine. It is too competitive. I'm not trying to discourage you here but that's the best advice that I'll give you. Time waits for nobody.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by yasolan(m): 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
If you haven't paid Jupeb fee, don't hesitate to cross and if you have, weigh your options, evaluate yourself, then make a choice
My Opinion: Go for pharmacy
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by dondavad: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
This is for all the newly admitted students and other aspirants who believe they'd be admitted...

its a list of things you need to take to school!!!

http://istudentgist..com/2017/11/ten-things-every-student-needs-to-take.html
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Jman06(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
GambaOsaka:
Honestly speaking, most people I know that studied pharmacy ended up becoming sales reps.
Your ignorance is legendary! Pharmacists who work as medical reps earn nothing less than 150k salary per month (PCN fixed minimum salary for pharmacists). That aside. As a medical rep, his company sees him as a businessman, so he is given products at costs that will be favourable for him to make profits for himself. Meeting his targets also attracts commission which could run into millions. Did i mention that he is also given a brand new car for his movements. Working as a medical rep(for a good company) is one sure way a pharmacist who knows his onion can make fast money.

Bro, i will advise that you learn to keep your mouth shut on any subject you have no knowledge of lest you make yourself a laughing stock among those who are informed on the subject matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by charlesklaus(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ask yourself this simple question, which of the profession do I derive more interest and passion for?
Get ur answer and follow ur preferred choice of course with full seriousness and the watch urself excel.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by manex5000: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
no learn anyone at all,go learn shoemaking
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:04am On Dec 16, 2017
smiley Seriously guys i appreciate all the comment here they are really awesome i couldnt reply earlier bc i was getting an errow message whenever i comment anything i didnt know the cause but it must be network or something i will try and reply to everyone cool
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2017
doughziay:

Yes, you pay acceptance fee n apply for deferment. all school has its process.
thanks.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:13am On Dec 16, 2017
mrphysics:
If you are absolutely sure you will make the GP of 5.0 which is the requirement for Med/Sug then proceed with your current programme. But if your GP is currently below the 5.0 (Meaning you are hoping to get it to 5.0) kindly proceed with Pharmacy.

From the second sentence above and from your "what If analogy", I am suggesting you go for the Pharmacy Option.

Finally, you want to pursue Pharmacy and Medicine same time? Must you study the two? Do you want to be a Pharmaceutical doctor? grin grin grin
Abeg, specialize in one and master it. Be the best in one and rest will be a story.
my gp is flat 0.0 just like normal year one.

@pharmaceutical doctor lol
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:17am On Dec 16, 2017
lovely17:
You can defy your admission till when you ready for it
which reason should i give for the deferment? i dont know if its wise to tell them about the jupeb programe.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:19am On Dec 16, 2017
RedDistrict:
Go for the more direct admission at hand which is the pharmacy you got.

Med and Surgery is obviously a better option but depending on DE admission via that Jupeb program you doing will be very tricky, You might end up getting the same pharmacy sef if you dont get the cutoff for Medsurg.

The final decision rests with you tho. Follow your mind and am sure you will achieve regardlessly of which you choose
bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by TonyRoland(m): 12:21am On Dec 16, 2017
free2ryhme:

go study everything
agree with u go nd study both. if I see diz young guy killing themselves on courses to read I laf at dem. nt wat u read z do u av certificate. mtcheww.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:31am On Dec 16, 2017
dimelo:
a bird in hand is better than ten in the bush, thousands of people don't get admitted yearly and that means another rigorous process of jamb registration, post utme and even reading same material in preparation for the said exam and trust me I know how boring it can get, I've applied to different universities to study pharmacy but was never selected among the admitted few, so be wise in your decision cause no school would keep space for you until you decide to take it. and just so you know only 21 universities in Nigeria offers pharmacy and I'm not even sure if it's all of them that are accredited, ANSU particularly doesn't offer pharmacy.
accreditation! who still worries about that one? if futo can be battling with accreditation for courses like archi and micro bio i wonder... let me get in first grin
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Owomkpo:
If you can delay the pharmacy, okay.
Take up the jupeb medicine.
Bad as e bad, if u no get d medicine, dem go still give u pharmacy....
But try ur best get the medicine ohh. Jupeb no d easy
i dont know why i have so much confidence in jupeb
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:48am On Dec 16, 2017
lilien001:
Please how did you get to check? My sister applied for ansu mass communications and we've not been able to know her admission status
go the school website coou.edu.ng
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:55am On Dec 16, 2017
africanusvu:
OP.wallahi you ar very confused now.and from d way I see u.you may still get another Admission in the Hospital. Wallahi to lai you ar going
God forbid
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 12:57am On Dec 16, 2017
chibowobbed:
As a medical student I suggest you leave jupeb for pharmacy, it's somewhat difficult getting admitted to study medsurg via jupeb and now you already have pharmacy, but then if you find it hard comprehending this, you can defer the pharmacy this year and if medicine dint work out after your jupeb, you go back to pharmacy.
thanks
thanks bro
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 1:02am On Dec 16, 2017
stickright:

First, search your mind for what you love to do better between the two courses and combine with your future ambition. Do not choose because 'I love the two'; your best may not be achieved if you have to run them at thesame time. Learn to forgo what sometimes appear better but rather the one that will make you happy when you are fulfilled and ready to continue your life with. Remember, you cannot be thesame person at thesame time. Take your time, it's sometimes dicey. I wish you the very best
i will remember this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best 8 Pictures Of Buhari That Students Can Relate To / Itodo Anthony Samuel Listed Among Top 50 Teachers In The World / Differences Between "In Time" And "On Time"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.