Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,378 members, 7,800,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School (1704 Views)

Ten Things Every Nigerian Jambite Must Know Before Entering The University / 9 Destructive Habits Every University Student Should Let Go / Sex For Mark: "OAU Female Student Should Stop Playing The Victim" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by dondavad: 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2017
1. Dictionary:
As a student, you need to improve your vocabs, so having a dictionary so around is a necessary commodity for spelling, pronouncing and knowing the meaning of words.
2. Reading lantern:
Any student without a reading lamp is a 'well I don't know what to call him/her'. A student should create time for his books and believe me, one of the best time to study your books is at night when everywhere is quiet and that's where a study lamp comes in.
3. Back pack:
Yes, having a backpack is a necessity. Your backpack helps you to move your books, writing materials and other gadget with ease.
4. Smart phone:
Yes having a smart phone is necessarily compulsory, I said it. It's no doubt we now have smart phones and dull humans. Smart phones can be used for variety of things ranging from sourcing information from the internet to keeping you entertained. Smart phones are now replacing scientific calculators and even laptops.
5. Bank account:
Having a bank account makes it easier for you parents or guardians to send you money. Plus you've got to secure your money, buy things online and start saving for the future. I can't even imagine a student without a bank account.
6. Flash drive:
Speaking from my personal experience, when I recently got admission, we were giving loads and lots of research work and term paper assignment to do. I didn't have a laptop then so I bought a flash drive. I'd borrow laptops from some of my friends who had, to carry out the research and do assignments, after that I'd save it in my flash, go to a café and print it out. I was able to survive like that until I was able to save enough money to buy my own laptop. So if you don't have a laptop, you might as well get a flash drive.

continue reading.... here

http://istudentgist..com/2017/11/ten-things-every-student-needs-to-take.html

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by GloriaNinja(f): 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
WHY NEED A DICTIONARY WHEN YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT ON YOUR PHONE?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by jericco1(m): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
GloriaNinja:

the thing tire me.
maybe he wants to make the list long.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
For economics freshly admitted students.
1)Secondary school economics textbook(Ss1-ss3)
2)Reading lamp
3)Foodstuffs
4)Smartphone that has a good camera.
5)Secondary school accounting textbook(ss1-ss3), you will really need it.
6)Your commitment.
Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
Plus juju(charm)because of the BIG BOYS AND BIG GIRLS if you can relate and many congos of garri
Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by dondavad: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2017
GloriaNinja:
when I said dictionary, it doesn't necessarily have to be the hard copy.......
me sef na the one wey day my phone I day use
your dictionary can be in any format.... soft copy or hard copy,
Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
Tchew... Who dictionary epp? I need to find out the meaning of a word, I head to google straight up. No time.

BTW, I can't see foodstuff and money. Abi na book we wan go chop?

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by Ocheinstein(m): 6:17am On Dec 16, 2017
You forgot to mention"sense"

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by dondavad: 10:44am On Dec 16, 2017
Criis:
Tchew... Who dictionary epp? I need to find out the meaning of a word, I head to google straight up. No time.

BTW, I can't see foodstuff and money. Abi na book we wan go chop?
guy no forget say no be every time you go get data to day Google meaning of words......
food stuff, money and the necessary documents for clearance na primary things.....

you need am pass any other thing

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Every Newly Admitted Student Should Take To School by Ajfems(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2017
For engineering and medicine students

Prayers and money

Jst pray u don't lose ur head In the whirlwind and have money to stay afloat

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Professor Of Mathematics In Nigeria / Nigerian Graduates As Overall Best In Ghana University. / How Can I Check Unijos Post Ume Result (what Newspaper & Date )pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.