Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,195 members, 7,780,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (42119 Views)

Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Atesko:
Am really feeling the story, it will teach double dating girls a lesson. If this story did end with Bimpe crying, regrating, thinking to the extent of getting hypertension I will not be happy.

lol!
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dpleaser:
Nice story though I'm angrily waiting for d next update grin grin

Coming in a few minutes.
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
Chapter 6

He couldn’t believe he was driving back to the University campus after what had happened there earlier in the day, but he sure wanted to see the Ruth girl. It was like the Universe was trying to tell him something.

Just before he approached the University gate, he saw a man sleeping on the sidewalk. He had seen stuff like that many times, but this time, he thought of what could actually be wrong with the man; wondering whether he was just drunk, or a mentally ill person. He looked at the man in the rare-view mirror after driving by him, and as he put his eyes back on the road, he saw an obstruction right in front of him and swerved just in time to avoid hitting it. A streetlight had been knocked down probably by a heavy duty vehicle, and the bottom concrete part was sticking out on his side of the road. His heart beat faster for a few seconds before it went back to normal.

As usual, the community opposite the University entrance was bubbling with activity; people were coming and going, some were at the bus stop waiting for cabs, and there was a little traffic on that side of the road.

She had told him on the phone earlier that he was lucky to have caught her, as she was about leaving her friend’s room when his call came in. He got her personal number, and she told him she would wait for him by the school bookshop as her friend’s hostel might be too hard for him to locate. He described the car she should lookout for and told her he would be there in twenty minutes. That was about twenty five minutes ago.

As he lowered the window to collect a gate pass from the school guards at the gate he wondered what time the gate usually got closed for the day, or whether it was opened 24 hours a day. The cab park to the right that was lively when he came earlier in the day was now deserted. There were just a couple of cabs there with very few people around. As he wound up his car window to start the drive into the campus, Wizkid’s Come Closer song came on, and he started bumping his head to the music.

A couple of meters after driving past a roundabout he got to an intersection; the road to the right would have taken him to the bar the whole drama with Bimpe happened earlier. The one up ahead separated the glass house bookshop and a tall white building that had a big clock at the top. He always wondered why the clock was never correct.

He didn’t see her anywhere. He turned on the car’s inner light and was about to pull out his phone from his pocket to call when she appeared from the shadows; standing at about 5 foot 8 inches, with an incredible hour glass shape, she was hard to miss. He turned the car deck down a few notches, and drove over to her side of the road, signaling to her with his index finger that he was going to park the car. Right after the bookshop was an admin building with a car-park in front. He pulled into the lot, and he saw her approaching him from the corner of his eye. She had on the same thing from earlier on at the bank.

By the time he was properly parked, she was already by the passenger’s side of his silver colored Mercedes Benz C230. He got out, tucked in his shirt properly as he walked to the other side of the car. She stood there, with her hands behind her, and a smile on her face.
“Hope you haven’t been here long?” He asked.
“Not really. I actually just got here.”
“Nice top.” He said and she laughed, and leaned on the car. “I was actually dared to wear this throughout today.”
“Oh! That’s interesting.” He said, right in front of her now. She folded her arms, and looked up at him, waiting for him to say something else, but he said nothing. He just stared at her, and was surprised she didn’t look away. It was like she was gazing into his soul trying to figure out who he was. Her phone started ringing and she excused herself to answer it. She spoke for about half a minute then walked back to his front.
“Sorry, that was my friend.”
“Hmm! Is she checking whether I have kidnapped you?”
She laughed before answering with, “No, actually, we were meant to go clubbing tonight, but…” She was saying then stopped to type something in her phone before adding, “Abike’s boyfriend was delaying, so we kind of changed our minds, but he is around now.”
“Oh!”
“Yea, and…sorry, Abike is my friend you spoke to earlier.”
“Yea, I kind of figured that out.” He said and rubbed his neck. “So, you love to club.”
“Nah! Not really my thing, but today…”She was saying then looked into space like she was thinking of something. The cheerful look on her face disappeared for a second, and then she shrugged before adding, “Today, I just feel like going out.”
“Oh, that’s great. I can take you to the club, and we can catch up with your friends there.”
“Umm! You don’t have to.”
“Yes, but I want to.” He said.
She looked up at him in silence for a while, and then looked at her dress before saying, “Okay. I need to get to my hostel and change though."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
Now m starting to gbadun dis story even thou kayo80 no invite person.... Anyways lemme call ma NL sweetheart Lilyjoe567..kom sit at d vip table wif mi.... Ritababe u re invited also.
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by ritababe(f): 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
YINKS89:
Now m starting to gbadun dis story even thou kayo80 no invite person.... Anyways lemme call ma NL sweetheart Lilyjoe567..kom sit at d vip table wif mi.... Ritababe u re invited also.

tnx

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
YINKS89:

Abeg no vex. wink

Thanks for the promo.
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by irenosen22(f): 6:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Nice... thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
ritababe:

tnx
u wcm lngst tym.

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Honeydawealth(f): 8:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
Enjoying the story..... Ride on Kayo80.....

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ayomicome(m): 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
Am really enjoying this.....nice one Mr K

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
kayo80:

Lol! @trou-blem

Thanks.
Yes oo,is trou-blem
More vibes 2 u bro]

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
Mr Kay..
Pls command kee us wid ur flawless description of d next scene; the romance/sex scene...I knw wat u can do..
Nice write up bro..
More vibes..

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by cbella(f): 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
EvaJael:
Bimpe...she doesn't even know how to lie. If you want to lie, relax and lie very well, not all these cut and join story.

lol...... this lady and terms... cut and join be dress ooo! i don't like that style tho.

while everyone is against Bimpe let me support her na.

kayo80 can we have another one shocked

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by OlufemiWhit(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
Good 1 bro.....

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nice one grin

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Lorlahlizzy(f): 6:15am On Dec 21, 2017
Nice story op... Waiting for the next update

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by pheezylyon(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2017
OP is getting slower than I thought with his update, we are just here in suspense not fair at all
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2017
pheezylyon:
OP is getting slower than I thought with his update, we are just here in suspense not fair at all

Sorry...it is due to circumstances beyond my control.

The transformer in my area has been bad since June, and I survive with my generator. But fuel scarcity is really bad in my part of Ibadan right now. I am actually right now at a filling station.

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by pheezylyon(m): 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
kayo80:

Sorry...it is due to circumstances beyond my control.

The transformer in my area has been bad since June, and I survive with my generator. But fuel scarcity is really bad in my part of Ibadan right now. I am actually right now at a filling station.

Eyah Chai that's bad mehn....just that my popcorn Don dea finish and the story never reach anywhere.... nice one bro take care

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
irenosen22:
Nice... thanks for the update

Thanks for reading.
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
Honeydawealth:
Enjoying the story..... Ride on Kayo80.....

smiley
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ayomicome:
Am really enjoying this.....nice one Mr K

Thanks.
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
EkopSparoAyara:
Mr Kay..
Pls command kee us wid ur flawless description of d next scene; the romance/sex scene...I knw wat u can do..
Nice write up bro..
More vibes..

lol! You want the mods to ban me?
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
cbella:

lol...... this lady and terms... cut and join be dress ooo! i don't like that style tho.

while everyone is against Bimpe let me support her na.

kayo80 can we have another one shocked

In a few minutes.
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
OlufemiWhit:
Good 1 bro.....

Thank you.
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
Nice one grin

Thanks.
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
Lorlahlizzy:
Nice story op... Waiting for the next update

If you'r reading this, I have already posted it. wink
Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
Chapter 7

Bimpe and Patrick were sitting by the edge of the rock, overlooking the city below. The large granite rock was probably formed from slow crystallization of molten magna centuries ago. The space wagon was still not starting up, and Patrick had called up his mechanic to come and check it out. It was an electrical problem that he had taken to the man to fix earlier on in the week, and was surprised when it occurred again.

Patrick was going on and on about a party he had gone for the day before in a secluded part of Ibadan, but she wasn’t paying any attention to what he was saying. Her mind was miles away, wondering if this was karma paying her a visit for all the bad things she had done in the past. She snapped out of it, and focused on the beauty in front of her. About hundred meters below was a fully lit up community, with tiny specks of light from cars and motorcycles moving here and there. “This kind of reminds me of when Jesus was tempted by the devil.” She blurted out all of a sudden.

“What? What’s that?” He said and turned around to look at her. “Don't tell me I've been talking to myself all this while?”
“Oh sorry.” She said and chuckled.
“And How did you know how it looked when Jesus was tempted Satan? Are you Satan’s sister?”
“No.” She said and laughed a little more before saying, “You know…that Jesus movie.”
“Passion of Christ?”
“No, Jesus of Nazareth. I watched it when I was a kid. There was a scene like this in it.”
“Okay. So, as I was saying, Ahmed and I recently found a spot with rich deposits of Aquamarines.”
“What? I thought you were talking about a party you went for where girls were walking around half naked?”
He turned around to look at her with a frown on his face before saying, “That was like 15 minutes ago.”
“I’m sorry.” She said and closed the gap between them on the rock before adding, “Okay. Please tell me more.” She added as she crossed her legs and straightened out the rumples on the bottom part of her red mini gown.

“Well, you know me and Ahmed have been mining Aquamarines in Ibadan North for a while now.”
“Okay.” She said and urged him to go on, even though she didn’t have a clue what he was talking about.
“Aquamarines don’t have value like Diamonds or Rubies, or even Sapphires.” He said and looked at her to see if she was following. She nodded and he went on with, “Aquamarines are just like $100 a carat, so you need a shitt load to make some substantial income.”
“Oh! I actually thought you guys were mining diamonds.”
“Diamonds in Ibadan?” He said in between laughs, and when he saw the angry look on her face, he composed himself. “Anyway, earlier this week, we found a spot that could give us lots of carats of Aquamarine.”
“Oh! Cool.” She said, sounding enthusiastic. Then like she remembered that she was no longer in good terms with her boyfriend, a sober look crept up her face. Then she looked at Patrick and said, “Patrick, why are you helping me?”
“I don’t understand.”
“You know what I did, but you are still helping me. Why?”
He looked into space for a while before saying, “Because…I don’t know, maybe because I like you.”
“You like me and you told Ahmed not to date me.”
“What? I…”
“I overhead you telling him that the first time I slept over at you guys flat.”
“Well…” He was saying and stopped to scratch his head. “You are a very beautiful girl, and you are on campus. I knew there would be different guys chasing you.” He said and looked at her. He didn’t have to say anymore to pass the message. She looked away, and when she looked his way again, tears were rolling down her eyes.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by OlufemiWhit(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
I feel for bimpe tho....

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by cbella(f): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
kayo80:

In a few minutes.

BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by tijehi(f): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
Awwwww Bimpe, why nowwww? Now that Ahmed just had breakthrough......welllll

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Billionaire Boyfriend / Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege At Stanel World Awka. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.