Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija (4084 Views)

Eid Mubarak Images 2015- Wishes Quotes Messages & SMS / Happy Birthday R231, Drop Your Wishes For Him. / Happy Birthday R231, Drop Your Wishes For Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2010
As we approach Easter, we have reached a mile stone since the Yaradua Saga started.

We have seen how good God is. He has prevented mayhem and chaos in our country despite the great challenges we face as an entity and as individuals.

We will ( for those who are Christians ) be remembering  the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ for our souls and lives. We will also reflect on our failures as individuals and as a country.

I have two questions for us ( me included )

- What sacrifices are you willing to contribue to your country to make it less corrupt, more masses friendly, more accountable and religious friction free.

- What personal sacrifice are you willing to go through to achieve this ? i.e relocate from Diaspora and contrubuite skills albiet at a marginal rate, relocate to a needy part of the country , voluntary work for a period , startup a homeless peoples centre etc etc.

- Where are you spending Easter and what are your celeberation plans  wink

Please state your sincere views and hopes and not wishful thinking.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2010
I want

- To be a better Christian
- Less aggressive toward my Muslim brothers (not Islam)grin grin grin
- Contribute ICT skills to the less well off in Nigeria by way of equipment and material support with some physical tutoring involved
- Help the Orphans, Widows and displaced.

Hmm, this is a tall order, but may God help me achieve this.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by afanda(m): 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
God bless NAIJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by ElRazur: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2010
To be ElRazur, as besides ElRazur, the only thing am good at is to be ElRazur.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by BluMalam(m): 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2010
_TO GOD BE THE GLORY!,

WORTHY OF ETERNAL PRAISE IS HE WHO IS ABOVE ALL PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS!_
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Linguist(f): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2010
happy easter to you all. will be celebrating mine @ work.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by CuteAngel(f): 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy easter to y'all.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by StEdwin(m): 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Poster,
The only thing I feel I can do as a patriotic citizen is to put the country in my prayers and ask God to provide us with leaders who are sensible enough, who will not forget that the electorate put them in power!
I  sincerely do pray for the best of God's blessings and his mercies to be on our country! HAPPY EASTER NLers!!!
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy easter, but una dey skip my questions at the start of this topic,  grin

What can you do for you country ??
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2010
St. Edwin:

@Poster,
The only thing I feel I can do as a patriotic citizen is to put the country in my prayers and ask God to provide us with leaders who are sensible enough, who will not forget that the electorate put them in power!
I  sincerely do pray for the best of God's blessings and his mercies to be on our country! HAPPY EASTER NLers!!!

Amen !!
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by otukpo(f): 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2010
It is not yet Easter.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by SeanT21(f): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy Easter to everyone and may God bless you all.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by obinna5000(m): 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2010
HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE IN ADVANCE.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by mygladness: 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy Easter to everyone. Do enjoy the season
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by StUwem: 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy Easter To All Nairalander and All Nigerians, pls do celebreate it well
do not over do the following:
don't over drink
don't over smoke
don't over ***
don't over drive
don't over sleep
don't over think if there is no money for u to celebreate with, life goes on
don't fight
don't terrorise
don't corrupt
don't be selfish, eat and remember ur neighbours.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by mamagee3(f): 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2010
It's not even Good Friday yet and the poster is already wishing everyone Happy Easter.
Did Jesus resurrect before dying?
Anyway, Happy Easter to you, too.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by ladi02(m): 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
mama-gee:

It's not even Good Friday yet and the poster is already wishing everyone Happy Easter.

Tell him Mama-gee grin
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
mama-gee:

Aye 

Actually I should have termed the topic Happy Easter in Advance.

But really, how come everybody is wishing a happy Easter without talking about the essence of what Easter stands for and what we are going to contribute to Naija on an individual and collective level.

I appreciate your wishes though !
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by akwaowoudo(m): 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2010
I wish you and all other NL happy easter. We have to know that it wasn't the nails that kept Jesus Christ on the cross but our sins. Have a pleasant digestion.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
akwaowoudo:

I wish you and all other NL happy easter. We have to know that it wasn't the nails that kept Jesus Christ on the cross but our sins. Have a pleasant digestion.

Commendable statement - thanks

Our personal and collective sins have made Nigeria what it is today.

'if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.'
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Rastamann: 4:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy easter celebrations. Remember not to drive if you drink.
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by victorazy(m): 4:47pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy Easter in advance to Nairaland's officials. Also to Amaka, Mama-gee and other Nairalanders
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by bobokelly(m): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
happy easter to all nairalanders, and to my loving wife, my children .
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by OlayinkaL: 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2010
smiley the most important thing is for us to check our lives, is it in line with Christ life? that is is Christ death not in vain over our lives? are we still carying the cross with Jesus? these are some of the questions we need to answer in this festive period. and if your answer is NO. turn around and change for better
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by xtremeidea(m): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2010
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU N YOU N YOU!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by PyRo1: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy Easter in ADVANCE
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by ddiamond(f): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
Nigeria go better oooooooooooooooooo, i pray peace reign all over the world,

happy Easter cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by iice(f): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2010
frosbel:

I have two questions for us ( me included )

- What sacrifices are you willing to contribue to your country to make it less corrupt, more masses friendly, more accountable and religious friction free.

- What personal sacrifice are you willing to go through to achieve this ? i.e relocate from Diaspora and contrubuite skills albiet at a marginal rate, relocate to a needy part of the country , voluntary work for a period , startup a homeless peoples centre etc etc.

- Where are you spending Easter and what are your celeberation plans  wink

Please state your sincere views and hopes and not wishful thinking.
Why people just ignore questions? grin grin

sorry, i believe in the evil of people grin grin to make the country less corrupt would be to start from the people. . .goodluck grin Bite me cool

I did volunteer when i was in secondary school.  We (my family) still help in our own way with the volunteering group we worked with back then.  But i'm not relocating.  Personal choice.  Has nothing to do with the sentimental nationalistic reasons of me being Nigerian or the state of the country.  I like to move around. I've lived there already undecided  I don't believe in wishful thinking either.  If you want something done, you have to do it yourself. 

I'm spending Easter with my family as always kiss kiss We gonna watch movies grin It's a passion we all share. Hmmm i miss easter egg hunting tongue

Oh and Happy Easter. . .
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by eros(m): 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
My dream for Nigeria is simple.

1. Build a power station that will supply the whole country 24 hours uninterrupted power for 50 years and beyond.

2. Build hostels like the projects in the U.S. but not dirty and unsafe for living like the projects for motherless and fatherless children and their widows. It will be a kind of self sustaining motherless home.

I have constantly prayed to God to make this a reality because i want to be able to contribute something valuable to this world and especially Nigeria before i die. My life should count and stand for something positive.

Happy Easter in Advance
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by sammyavu: 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2010
happy easter to all my nairaland pals
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy Easter celebrations 2 u all .
Re: Happy Easter in Advance to Nairalanders - What Are Your Easter Wishes For Naija by Cmiller(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2010
Happy Easter Nairalanders,4 stil bin a one Country let's celebrate His precious death on d cross 4 Our SINS.AMEN.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Decorate With A Difference And Create Fantasy || XMAS PROMO / It's Mama Gee's Birthday Today, Pls Come In And Wish Her A Happy Birthday. / Souvenir Hub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.