Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85666 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
she should go to New York and be called to bar there.
Religious fanatics

10 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Majesty08: 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
Many Nigerian Christians are hypocrites!

8 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2017
American Law and British Common Law and system are not the same nah, nah wah ooo

You dey see any lawyer for US wear gown? People this issue is DOA; we should not let it be used in stoking religious sentiments it is just a waste of national anger.

The difference is as clear as a particular FMCG beverage.

For that academically challenged defender of the faith...the first picture is from a British courtroom, the second is from an American courtroom.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by ExpressDiggers: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2017
v
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by NaijaEfcc: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
The NBA chairman is very stupid!! angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by DisGuy: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nigerian law is so confusing....

One.minute you see a 'senior' lawyer arguing for something using the constitution next minute another senior lawyer argues against it using the same constitution...perhaps another subsection paragraph abc..

You rarely see a british lawyer quoting constitution up and down

Anyone care to quote the law and interprete it here or its the usual

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikedimeji(m): 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
But I can’t believe this is actually coming from President of NBA. Very unfortunate.

7 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by PDPGuy: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
She was able to be sworn-in while wearing a hijab, because obviously, the New York Bar cannot legally prevent her from attending the ceremony in a hijab.
The entity would face a religious discrimination lawsuit, and most likely lose such a lawsuit.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by NaijaEfcc: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
biazarre:
unjust in wat sense? please define unjust..!
please try to understand English words b4 using them on public forum like this...

Nigerian n stupid religious believes...
and it has never stopped us from looting public fund...

I swear the sense wey you talk eeeh big pass Atlantic Ocean!!!

10 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by exclusivejayce(m): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
Majesty08:
Many Nigerian Christians are hypocrites!
How? Okponu.

12 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ishilove:
Some people are brainless. What is wrong with the Hijab?
Nothing is wrong with the hijab. But if the instruction says do not wear hijab then you either comply or forfeit.

23 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Standardcosting(m): 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
Built2last:
If your religious beliefs forbid you from dressing in a particular way that members of a professional group dress, then it is first of all sinful for you to decide to belong to that profession in disregard to your religion and hope that they will change their standard of dressing to accommodate you. This is what we should be talking about, not about whether or not decision of Body of Benchers was right or wrong.

See your President's daughter last year when she was called to bar.

I have been to Turkey, a country that is 90% Muslim and and they hadly wear hijab. Are they going to hell by Naija Muslims standard.
You justification is baseless

I now see the reason why most of you guys follow your GOs fo0ishly and 5enselessly

The standard doesn't change whether human beings follow it or not

The marking scheme for an exam doesn't change even if almost all the class use a wrong method.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by PeckEmma(m): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
beautiful lawyer

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by princeade86(m): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
This article is about
Judicial dress. For dress for
noble courts, see Court uniform and dress. Court dress comprises the style of clothes prescribed for courts of law, and for royal courts. Commonwealth
countries Short wigs as worn in court
by advocates (left) and
judges (right) in several
Commonwealth countries. United Kingdom The Supreme Court Main article: Justice of the Supreme Court of the
United Kingdom § Dress Members of the old Judicial Committee of the House of
Lords (or "Law Lords"wink and the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council never wore court dress (although
advocates appearing before
them did). Instead they
were dressed in ordinary
business clothing. Since the
creation of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom in 2009, the Justices of that
court have retained the Law
Lords' tradition of sitting
unrobed. On ceremonial
occasions they wear a robe of black damask embellished with gold with
the logotype of the Supreme Court embroidered at the yoke. England and Wales Where court dress is
worn Court dress is worn at
hearings in open court in all Senior Courts of England and
Wales and in county courts. However, court dress may
be dispensed with at the
option of the judge, e.g. in very hot weather, and
invariably where it may
intimidate children, e.g., in
the Family Division and at the trials of minors. Court dress is not worn at hearings in chambers or in magistrates' courts.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by goldedprince: 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I hate islam
Which religion do you like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
Standardcosting:

You justification is baseless

I now see the reason why most of you guys follow your GOs fo0ishly and 5enselessly

The standard doesn't change whether human beings follow it or not

The marking scheme for an exam doesn't change even if almost all the class use a wrong method.

I bet you did no hear "In character and in learning"...if you were a graduate or you don't know what it entails.

9 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by emmanuelex1(m): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
Honestly your comment is the worst I read in this thread. Please Nigeria is secular state.
Standardcosting:
The foool making reference to Buharis daughter is nothing but a mor0n.

So Buharis and his family members have now become standard for Islamic religious practice?

The way people draw up useless justifications a times makes me wonder if they have brains at all¿

15 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by habtund(f): 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
goldedprince:
Which religion do you like
u dey answer dat one

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by deeLima86(m): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ishilove:
Some people are brainless. What is wrong with the Hijab?

So the people for hijab are the only ones with brain? undecided
People come to a public forum and open their mouth like they want to swallow eba.

22 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES
Why don't you ashame of yourself to be proud of Nigeria law above Law of God?

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES
you are a fool
should Law go against human right

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by profmallor: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
This is very simple, allow her to be called to bar with the hijab and that automatically allows everyone to come to the bar in their religious outfits. I dont think they want that chaos.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
deeLima86:

So the people for hijab are the only ones with brain? undecided
People come to a public forum and open their mouth like they want to swallow eba.
Read the question again before answer out of anger.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
biazarre:
unjust in wat sense? please define unjust..!
please try to understand English words b4 using them on public forum like this...

Nigerian n stupid religious believes...
and it has never stopped us from looting public fund...

don't be a fool dear
are telling me that Catholic Sister where asked to remove their regalia
have seen cases like this before don't be a fool

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish

HYPOCRITES
shut up!
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
Built2last:
If your religious beliefs forbid you from dressing in a particular way that members of a professional group dress, then it is first of all sinful for you to decide to belong to that profession in disregard to your religion and hope that they will change their standard of dressing to accommodate you. This is what we should be talking about, not about whether or not decision of Body of Benchers was right or wrong.

See your President's daughter last year when she was called to bar.

I have been to Turkey, a country that is 90% Muslim and and they hadly wear hijab. Are they going to hell by Naija Muslims standard.
she's not the standard
say something else
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by loshybab(m): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
It is shameful to know the bias mindset of people is adversely affecting their sense of judgement.

I'm no law student but I do know that rules can be amended,just like constitutions to stand the dynamics of we humans over the sands of time.

what we should be rather discussing is, 'DID THE LAW CONSIDER THE BELIEFS OF ALL CITIZENS' before making its provisions? Your guess is as good as mine.

For those saying was she the only Muslim called to bar? yes she isn't the only Muslim but the only one courageous enough to vehemently stand for her fundamental right irrespective of what literates yet uneducated would say.

#ISTANDWITHFIRDAUS

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
mgbadike81:
lawyers in the USA doesn't wear the wig and gown,they don't even have a specific dress code because I have seen American lawyers appear in court dressed in blue suits.I want to see lawyers in Britain and other secular Commonwealth countries with a similar dress code with Nigeria admit a female lawyer wearing a hijab then I would take this serious.
This is what i have been saying this particular dresscode should be banned.That way everyone can dress the way they like by putting on anything e.g. Hijab,burqa,niqab and others.The council of legal education should learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikedimeji(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
When men are stronger than institutions then u will see people that are religiously over the Law.

3 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oodua1stson: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
Imagine this low life idiot is the president of NBA in Nigeria?

Do lawyers in the USA wear wigs? Do they have the mode of dressing that we have?

A lawyer in the USA only need to wear his/her suit. But in Nigeria here lawyers have their uniform which is a gown and wig

Thai old man is an old fool

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.