Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85663 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

These men are Sikhs. I didn't realise they were allowed to wear their turbans in court.

But the Muslim Lady Firdaus you are defending attended University of Jos and Law School Abuja, and never made a fuss about wearing her hijab under her wig and gown until the day she was called to bar. Was she unaware of the strict dress code for lawyers, when she enrolled to study law? Why didn't she kick up a fuss when she started studying law or make a case for the adoption of the hijab as part of the lawyer's dress code, when she entered law school? She obviously likes needless controversy.

Maybe hypocrisy runs in your family, but not in mine. Ignorance, nay stupidity is when you say something about someone you don't even know on a faceless forum with so much conviction.

Now run along and go display your 'hypocrisy' somewhere else where it will be appreciated. No need for name calling. Maybe you are used to being a hypocrite, which is why you find it so easy to tag others as one. Thank you.

I knew u would try to twist this whichever way u desire. I never called u names cos Hypocrite is what u are. I'm so sure the lady would have been wearing Hijab to classes throughout her studies and was never cautioned for her dress sense, why the sudden barrier. People like u will go to ur grave ignorant because u choose to live and die ignorant. U wanted proof, u got d proof but ur sorry head won't admit to knowing so much less than u boast u do. I pity ur condition. Over-inflated empty barrels everywhere. A piece of advice, always get ur facts correct before joining issues with others. I hope u will receive sense from here on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:
[/quote]
I knew u would try to twist this whichever way u desire. I never called u names cos Hypocrite is what u are. I'm so sure the lady would have been wearing Hijab to classes throughout her studies and was never cautioned for her dress sense, why the sudden barrier. People like u will go to ur grave ignorant because u choose to live and die ignorant. U wanted proof, u got d proof but ur sorry head won't admit to knowing so much less than u boast u do. I pity ur condition. Over-inflated empty barrels everywhere. A piece of advice, always get ur facts correct before joining issues with others. I hope u will receive sense from here on.
Am not twisting anything. Hypocrisy runs in your veins which is why you are so ready to tag others with that silly label. Did Firdaus tell you she was ignorant of the proper mode of dressing for lawyers? Didn't she know that the head covering or hijab was not part of the prescribed dress code for lawyers, when she started studying law all the way to the law school?

As for the pictures you showed in your previous post, I was unaware that a Sikh judge or Sikh lawyers were allowed to wear turbans as part of their dress code to appear in court. So how can someone be tagged a hypocrite, on account of something he is totally unaware of?

Apart from that, I just learnt that Sikhs were allowed to wear their turbans as a result of a court ruling enacted in 2015. Does such a similar court ruling exist in Nigeria??

You are the one that needs to receive sense and stop twisting issues, o! Even Mariam Mukhtar Aloma who is a former Chief Justice of Nigeria from July 2012 to November 2014 and was called to the English Bar in November, 1966 did not wear a hijab under her lawyer's outfit to court, did she?

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, it pain you that much,
maybe Islam teach you to spoil someone name or mock the name by using x to represent Christ,

lol and actually i don't call you mumu, you are the one that call yourself a mumu. Lol
xtian
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by LaudateII: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:
Am not twisting anything. Hypocrisy runs in your veins which is why you are so ready to tag others with that silly label. Did Firdaus tell you she was ignorant of the proper mode of dressing for lawyers? Didn't she know that the head covering or hijab was not part of the prescribed dress code for lawyers, when she started studying law all the way to the law school?

As for the pictures you showed in your previous post, I was unaware that a Sikh judge or Sikh lawyers were allowed to wear turbans as part of their dress code to appear in court. So how can someone be tagged a hypocrite, on account of something he is totally unaware of?

Apart from that, I just learnt that Sikhs were allowed to wear their turbans as a result of a court ruling enacted in 2015. Does such a similar court ruling exist in Nigeria??

You are the one that needs to receive sense and stop twisting issues, o! Even Mariam Mukhtar Aloma who is a former Chief Justice of Nigeria from July 2012 to November 2014 and was called to the English Bar in November, 1966 did not wear a hijab under her lawyer's outfit to court, did she?

You made a valid point. I wonder why female Muslim lawyers did not raise the issue of wearing a hijab as part of their wig and gown to court, when Justice Mariam Mukhtar Aloma was the Chief Justice of Nigeria. After all, she was a female Muslim lawyer and judge, wasn't she?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

Mr, u started on this twisted path the moment u and people like u made this look like a religious issue. I intentionally used the Sikh to drive my point home that everybody has the right to exercise his/her right as provided by the constitution which is supreme and binds everybody in their conducts.
Here is another picture of law students called to bar in Kenya with the chief justice there. Why must u people put religious tag on an issue which is a clear case of blatant disregard for someone's fundamental right. Another piece of advice, try to read the constitution, the section on fundamental human right and u will know this isn't Muslims ranting but the constitution giving directions which ur judicial dads decided to set aside and coming up with their personal rules. Check d picture below

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by yusufbida(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
Built2last:
If your religious beliefs forbid you from dressing in a particular way that members of a professional group dress, then it is first of all sinful for you to decide to belong to that profession in disregard to your religion and hope that they will change their standard of dressing to accommodate you. This is what we should be talking about, not about whether or not decision of Body of Benchers was right or wrong.

See your President's daughter last year when she was called to bar.

I have been to Turkey, a country that is 90% Muslim and and they hadly wear hijab. Are they going to hell by Naija Muslims standard.

*You lack understanding of religion perspective*
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

Please quote in black and white, the relevant section and clauses of the constitution that you are referring to, which supports your claims. Thanks.

I don't have to refer u anywhere lest u say I make it up, just go and study Nigeria constitution, I'm sure ull get what I tell there ad while u are at it u can learn some other things, that way u won't jump blindly into argument over issues u know nothing about. Oya go and do ur homework boy
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by lezz(m): 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

What dress code are u hammering on oga. What's wrong in someone wearing hijab under her wig jàre. The constitution is supreme for ur info. and it clearly supports the lady's right to dress as her religion dictates. Perhaps u should go read the constitution and be better informed.
Mr. Acube , please help the lady sue the board for infringing on her constitutional rights. And please try and cite examples where lawyers have dressed informally in court in Nigeria.

Help that lady.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
lezz:

Mr. Acube , please help the lady sue the board for infringing on her constitutional rights. And please try and cite examples where lawyers have dressed informally in court in Nigeria.

Help that lady.

Keep ur ears to the ground, we haven't heard the end of this issue. Events will soon begin to unfold and this lady, I'm certain, will surely have her way. U will all learn, just wait and see
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

Mr, u started on this twisted path the moment u and people like u made this look like a religious issue. I intentionally used the Sikh to drive my point home that everybody has the right to exercise his/her right as provided by the constitution which is supreme and binds everybody in their conducts.
Here is another picture of law students called to bar in Kenya with the chief justice there. Why must u people put religious tag on an issue which is a clear case of blatant disregard for someone's fundamental right. Another piece of advice, try to read the constitution, the section on fundamental human right and u will know this isn't Muslims ranting but the constitution giving directions which ur judicial dads decided to set aside and coming up with their personal rules. Check d picture below

Oga, what are you wailing about? Initially, I did not know Sikhs were allowed to wear turbans in court in the UK. You provided pictures.

Then I went back to check and discovered that they were allowed to do so, because of a court ruling in 2015. So I asked if a similar court ruling existed in Nigeria. Instead of supplying proof like you did before when provided pictures of Sikh lawyers and judges, you now ran to Kenya. Why? Was that the question you were asked? The things which may be permissible in one country, may be illegal in another country (e.g. same-sex marriage).

The Sikh lawyers did not wake up to start wearing turbans as part of their wig and gown, overnight. Unlike what Firdaus wants to do. There was a court ruling backing up their actions. Does Nigeria have similar rulings or laws on ground?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:
I don't have to refer u anywhere lest u say I make it up, just go and study Nigeria constitution, I'm sure ull get what I tell there ad while u are at it u can learn some other things, that way u won't jump blindly into argument over issues u know nothing about. Oya go and do ur homework boy

If it existed, you would have quickly jumped up to provide it and splash it across this thread like you did with the Sikh lawyers and Kenyan female Muslim lawyers wearing hijabs.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

If it existed, you would have quickly jumped up to provide it and splash it across this thread like you did with the Sikh lawyers and Kenyan female Muslim lawyers wearing hijabs.

Like I stated in my earlier response, I won't refer u to section. I want you to go and read the constitution, it's for ur own good. You are a Nigerian, so u need to avail urself with ur country's constitution. You'll surely thank me later when u get to the section that address citizens' right. Happy reading
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

Like I stated in my earlier response, I won't refer u to a particular section. I want you to go and read the constitution, it's for ur own good. You are a Nigerian, so u need to avail urself with ur country's constitution. You'll surely thank me later when u get to the section that address citizens' right. Happy reading
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 3:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

Like I stated in my earlier response, I won't refer u to a particular section. I want you to go and read the constitution, it's for ur own good. You are a Nigerian, so u need to avail urself with ur country's constitution. You'll surely thank me later when u get to the section that address citizens' right. Happy reading

I have read it. There is no part inside it, that says legal practitioners are free to contravene approved dress codes when it comes to court appearances, because of 'freedom of religion'.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

Oga, what are you wailing about? Initially, I did not know Sikhs were allowed to wear turbans in court in the UK. You provided pictures.

Then I went back to check and discovered that they were allowed to do so, because of a court ruling in 2015. So I asked if a similar court ruling existed in Nigeria. Instead of supplying proof like you did before when provided pictures of Sikh lawyers and judges, you now ran to Kenya. Why? Was that the question you were asked? The things which may be permissible in one country, may be illegal in another country (e.g. same-sex marriage).

The Sikh lawyers did not wake up to start wearing turbans as part of their wig and gown, overnight. Unlike what Firdaus wants to do. There was a court ruling backing up their actions. Does Nigeria have similar rulings or laws on ground?

May I ask if there is any law anywhere in the law school's rule book where Hijab is categorically barred for Muslim law students. I'd appreciate if u can show me where. The point Mr, is that there shouldn't be reason for any adjudication on a very clear issue here. I challenge u to try and find out again if there was a new case that made wearing of Hijab acceptable in Kenya. Stop being ignorant and know that there doesn't have to be any court judgment that accept wearing of Hijab in d first place, d issue of Hijab ordinarily shouldn't give u phobia at all if the section of fundamental rights was respected. This is very simple, don't u see?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by bakry86: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I hate islam
Sure, being an EnemyOfProgress..
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

I have read it. There is no part inside it, that says legal practitioners are free to contravene approved dress codes when it comes to court appearances, because of 'freedom of religion'.

Let me make this simple for u if u are having trouble understanding it. I want u to ask a legal practitioner to expantiate on human right for u, may be u will begin to understand where an infringement had occurred. And also try and find where, in the law school rule book, wearing of Hijab was prohibited.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:
May I ask if there is any law anywhere in the law school's rule book where Hijab is categorically barred for Muslim law students. I'd appreciate if u can show me where. The point Mr, is that there shouldn't be reason for any adjudication on a very clear issue here. I challenge u to try and find out again if there was a new case that made wearing of Hijab acceptable in Kenya. Stop being ignorant and know that there doesn't have to be any court judgment that accept wearing of Hijab in d first place, d issue of Hijab ordinarily shouldn't give u phobia at all if the section of fundamental rights was respected. This is very simple, don't u see?

Oga, you are the one being ignorant. Lawyers have been called to bar for more than 40 years in Nigeria, since 1962. A high percentage of them have been female Muslims. How come none of them decided to wear a hijab under the wig and gown as a practising lawyer? Does the hijab make them more effective in court?

I do not have a phobia for the hijab, as I have extended family members who are Muslims. I respect them wholeheartedly and they in turn, show me a lot of respect. But I do not subscribe to unnecessary controversy or rascality.

Before studying law or entering law school, the girl was aware of the prescribed mode of dressing to court. Kenya is NOT Nigeria. If Kenya legalises same-sex marriage today, does that mean such marriages would automatically be valid in Nigeria? This example is just one of the many that can be cited by several people. undecided

MrAcube:
Let me make this simple for u if u are having trouble understanding it. I want u to ask a legal practitioner to expantiate on human right for u, may be u will begin to understand where an infringement had occurred. And also try and find where, in the law school rule book, wearing of Hijab was prohibited.

Oga, the rule book prescribes approved dress code. It does not list a hijab as part of the approved dress code. If you see anywhere inside the rule book stating that hijab is approved as part of the prescribed dress code for lawyers, please paste it here....
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by lezz(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

yes, at the very end the lady will be granted huge financial relief for the violation of her right to practice Islam. The board will be instructed to publish an apology in 5 National dailies and her call to bar will be televised live on NTA.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

Oga, you are the one being ignorant. Lawyers have been called to bar for more than 40 years in Nigeria, since 1962. A high percentage of them have been female Muslims. How come none of them decided to wear a hijab under the wig and gown as a practising lawyer? Does the hijab make them more effective in court?

I do not have a phobia for the hijab, as I have extended family members who are Muslims. I respect them wholeheartedly and they in turn, show me a lot of respect. But I do not subscribe to unnecessary controversy or rascality.

Before studying law or entering law school, the girl was aware of the prescribed mode of dressing to court. Kenya is NOT Nigeria. If Kenya legalises same-sex marriage today, does that mean such marriages would automatically be valid in Nigeria? This example is just one of the many that can be cited by several people. undecided

Oga, the rule book prescribes approved dress code. It does not list a hijab as part of the approved dress code. If you see anywhere inside the rule book stating that hijab is approved as part of the prescribed dress code for lawyers, please paste it here....

U keep skirting round the truth. Citing a same sex instance is very silly and goes further to show ur shallow thinking vessel. Ur continued refusal to see this as a case of human right subversion tells so much about ur level of intelligence. So in ur own understanding, if something isn't mentioned it means that thing is barred. Do u even understand this law u deceive urself of defending. Why do we have Muslim doctors that wear Hijab and Muslim in other professions wearing Hijab to accompany their primary professional dress. What's so sacred about dress code in the legal profession. I pity u with ur sorry argument. Ur rigid narrow mind will b ur undoing, I'll suggest u go upgrade ur thinking faculty, I'm sure it's so obsolete.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
lezz:
yes, at the very end the lady will be granted huge financial relief for the violation of her right to practice Islam. The board will be instructed to publish an apology in 5 National dailies and her call to bar will be televised live on NTA.

I suggest u save this page so u can remember when u hear or read the lady's victory story. I leave u now
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

U keep skirting round the truth. Citing a same sex instance is very silly and goes further to show ur shallow thinking vessel. Ur continued refusal to see this as a case of human right subversion tells so much about ur level of intelligence. So in ur own understanding, if something isn't mentioned it means that thing is barred. Do u even understand this law u deceive urself of defending. Why do we have Muslim doctors that wear Hijab and Muslim in other professions wearing Hijab to accompany their primary professional dress. What's so sacred about dress code in the legal profession. I pity u with ur sorry argument. Ur rigid narrow mind will b ur undoing, I'll suggest u go upgrade ur thinking faculty, I'm sure it's so obsolete.

Oga, you are fond of digressing. We were talking about lawyers not doctors. You have failed to answer all the remaining questions I asked you.

1). Show me where it is expressly stipulated in the rule books by the Council of Legal Education that the hijab is approved as part of the things that can be worn with the wig and gown for court appearances.

2). Firdaus was aware of the prescribed mode of dressing for lawyers, when she started studying law and when she attended law school. Why didn't she raise any objections at that time, about the hijab being excluded from the female lawyer's dress code?

3). Is there a court ruling that states the hijab can be worn for court appearances, like the one backing the Sikhs wearing of turban to UK courts?

4). Does the fact that something is permitted in Kenya, automatically mean it is approved for use in Nigeria?

No emotional religious rants, please. Simple short answers would do. God bless you as you comply.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
The new UK amendment will still require specific workers, such as those in emergency response and armed service positions, to wear helmets. In 2010, the UK’s Association of Chief Police Officers stated that Sikh police officers would only be allowed on firearms teams if they removed their turbans to wear a helmet. https://qz.com/372692/sikhs-in-the-uk-have-won-the-right-to-wear-their-turbans-to-work/
In the UK, Sikhs had to go to court to ask for approval to wear their turbans in the workplace. Even though clauses protecting freedom of religious worship, has been part of the common law for years.

It took a protracted legal battle, which was finally won in 2015 before they were granted the right to do so. So Muslims followed suit by also wearing their hijab to the workplace. But there are still certain areas in the workplace, where turbans or hijabs are disallowed.

Even in parts of Canada, such things are banned.

Philippe Couillard, the premier of Quebec, was defensive as he addressed the new law. “We are just saying that for reasons linked to communication, identification and safety, public services should be given and received with an open face,” he told reporters. “We are in a free and democratic society. You speak to me, I should see your face, and you should see mine. It’s as simple as that.”
In some cases, safety is pitted against religious freedom. In 2014, Ontario’s premier said the rules of the road—which require motorcyclists to wear helmets—were more important than religious freedom. The problem, Sikhs said, was that helmets would not fit on top of their turbans. https://qz.com/372692/sikhs-in-the-uk-have-won-the-right-to-wear-their-turbans-to-work/
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

Oga, you are fond of digressing. We were talking about lawyers not doctors. You have failed to answer all the remaining questions I asked you.

1). Show me where it is expressly stipulated in the rule books by the Council of Legal Education that the hijab is approved as part of the things that can be worn with the wig and gown for court appearances.

2). Firdaus was aware of the prescribed mode of dressing for lawyers, when she started studying law and when she attended law school. Why didn't she raise any objections at that time, about the hijab being excluded from the female lawyer's dress code?

3). Is there a court ruling that states the hijab can be worn for court appearances, like the one backing the Sikhs vwearing of turban to UK courts?

4). Does the fact that something is permitted in Kenya, automatically mean it is approved for use in Nigeria?

No emotional religious rants, please. Simple short answers would do. God bless you as you comply.

1. Hijab is never expressly prohibited by the council of legal education, thus there is a very good argument ground that since it is never prohibited it safe to wear it. See legal counsel to verify the validity of my claim, u'll be surprised of ur lack of knowledge of the law

2. Firdaos spent 5 years studying law. She went for lectures wearing Hijab for all those years. I believe when she got to the law school, she was seen wearing Hijab and wasn't frown at. There has never been any warning for Muslims to eschew Hijab at any point in their course of study. I challenge u and the council of legal education to provide any document they issued to students warning them not to wear Hijab.

3. Does there have to b any court ruling that tells u u have to seek permission to be affiliated to any religion? The same eventually applies to dressing. And since no law prohibits wearing Hijab by Muslim lawyers, I believe a great argument is created here in favour of Hijab for Muslim lawyers.

4. Yes, this is a case of human right which is universal Mr. Go and ask anybody, they'll tell u that human right is d same everywhere. Freedom of association is in Kenyan's constitution as it is everywhere. If Kenya, UK and most especially western Christian predominated countries can uphold this universal fundamental human right of dressing in the legal profession, I don't know what ur case is over the issue of Hijab for Muslim lawyers.

If u are honest with urself u will agree with ur conscience that ur hatred for Islam is why u don't see anything wrong in the case of this young lady.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
oyinda1599:
xtian
Mumuslim grin
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by kingraj01: 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2017
oodua1stson:
Imagine this low life idiot is the president of NBA in Nigeria?

Do lawyers in the USA wear wigs? Do they have the mode of dressing that we have?

A lawyer in the USA only need to wear his/her suit. But in Nigeria here lawyers have their uniform which is a gown and wig

Thai old man is an old fool

Has anyone in your family attain his Status.
Please respect those who are better than you and stop saying nonsense in public.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by goldedprince: 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I like humanity
When did humanity become a religion
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
goldedprince:

When did humanity become a religion
it's my own religion
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Gorgeous1guy(m): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
Nigerians are often just too religious.
This was how one hijabite will always insist on wearing her hijab above the labcoat whenever we go for practicals during my undergrad days. Fortunately, one of the technologists handling d practical happens to be a moslem too who was later able to convince her that d hijab shd be tucked inside d labcoat even for her own safety in d lab.
Points are;
1. Hijab isn't a bad idea provided it is not forced on anyone
2. If your profession requires u to dress in a particular way, then obey and stop imposing ur own belief (through d apparel) on d code.
3. Let us as Nigerians worship God/Allah more wit our heart and less of show...

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Myde4naija(m): 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
zionmde:

Full of hate for islam? Yes.
Reasons? Go and ask that woman beheaded in kano and the one killed in abuja

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oodua1stson: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
kingraj01:

Has anyone in your family attain his Status.
Please respect those who are better than you and stop saying nonsense in public.
the proper question is ;. Do you know me?

People like you are confirmed oloriburuku. You'll defend anything because you're dead in the brain
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by profmallor: 9:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
You are right my brother.

Vivere:

What human right? When she enrolled in the university to study law, was she told that a hijab is part of the official dress code for lawyers? Why try to change the dress code, at the last minute? Why didn't she start a campaign to be allowed to wear her hijab as part of her court dressing, when she started law school?

You do have a valid point. An Adamu Orisha adherent maybturn up wearing the outfit of an Eyo masquerade in court, one day. Abi, how you take see am....?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.