Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) (84106 Views)

Rebecca Sharibu: Buhari Called Me 7 Months After Leah's Abduction / Ogboru The APC Governorship Candidate Buhari Called 'APC Presidential Candidate' / #LazyNigerianYouths: "Halima Buhari Failed Bar Exams 3 Times" - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by jamesibor: 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
maasoap:

Their rules contradicts the Nigeria constitution while the Nigeria constitution supercedes any other rules in the land. Therefore, it is null and void. #wearewaitingwearewatching.

Which part of the constitution does their rule on dress code contradict?
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mediocre(m): 4:22am On Dec 17, 2017
She's pretty damn embarassed
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mapet: 4:51am On Dec 17, 2017
dvee2:

You just come here blabbing and cursing still not able to bring a valid argument.
I asked u a simple question,which Nigeria law did the girl break by wearing a hijab no answer and you are talking about rules
I ask you another question school rule and Nigerian constitution which one comes first? No answer you said the school did not stop her from practicing her religion, my friend herein lies the problem most of you fail to understand it does
For a muslim girl denying her to cover her hair is like denying her to practice her religion because it's a divine Instruction.
The next thing u would say is why can't she briefly remove it? And I ask you if someone asked you to briefly deny your Lord Jesus Christ for only an hour would you? It's the same for a Muslim girl the head cover is compulsory no removal once outside.
Finally most of you don't read,there is a similar case that went up to the Nigerian Apeal court and the Muslim girl won the case because it's simply a case of rule VS fundamental human right uphold by the constitution. the judges in this case ruled in favour of the Muslim girl,so who are u to come here talking about twisted logic? You have the twisted logic and Islamophobia because u can tolerate a small girl neatly tucking in her hijab under her graduation gown.
FYI Google Lagos state government vs Aisha Abdul Kareem same hijab issue, same argument by fools like you and the girl won the case in court.
I will also give you court case reference number
Apeal No: CA/L/135/2015
#Tolerance my friend.

I choose to ignore a cretin in you and focus on people who are ready to debate. Run along
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mapet: 5:03am On Dec 17, 2017
SuccesYear:
personal religion entails your total way of living e.g mode of dressing, what to wear, when to talk and listen etc

Everyone knows hijab is part of Muslim lady way of dressing and remember we are still talking religion here

1. Yes, but I also want to believe personal religion does not tell you to disobey the laws of the land. The Bible points out to "Give unto Caesar, Ceaser's..... I am not against people freely practicing their religion especially women wearing their hijab. If you scroll back into the Osun hijab issue, I argued that Osun Christians cannot just wake-up a claim government schools as "christian schools" just because people practice their religion (wear hijab) while learning. * I am a Christian

2. My argument here against Firdaus' case is a simple adherence to laid down ordinances. If we cannot be disciplined enough to be selfless, collectively upholding what is neutral to all (dress code), how then can we stem chaos?
3. There is nothing that is static in this life. I have earlier submitted that Firdaus should test her case in court. If she succeed, then clarity is set.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mapet: 5:04am On Dec 17, 2017
maasoap:

No rule can supercede the constitution.

So constitution states clearly - "wear hijab" ?

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by mapet: 5:09am On Dec 17, 2017
Caseless:
I'll post a judgement of the law court for you and @Mapet to peruse.

Hope you guys will understand and tell the world the contradiction in their rule dress code to the constitution. If any in law is in disagreement with the constitution, it's void.

Yes, nothing is absolute. Even section 45 of the constitution states unequivocally when and why such right can be taken off an individual . The law school is acting outside that provisions and as people in law profession, they must be seen to be acting within the ambit of the law.

Like I said to others, Firdaus is free to take her case to court. I believe the Nigerian constitution respects your religious rights but not a vehicle to impose your religion on constituted organs of the same constitution. The border-line between that can only be explicated in court.

Some of the cases you mentioned are reviewed on their individual merits and not a blanket covering. The law school amon others are very well aware of these cases as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by maasoap(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2017
mapet:

So constitution states clearly - "wear hijab" ?
The court has settled that one already. No need to question about it again.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by maasoap(m): 8:11am On Dec 17, 2017
jamesibor:

Which part of the constitution does their rule on dress code contradict?
The right of the Nigeria muslim girl to wear hijab.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by jamesibor: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2017
maasoap:

The right of the Nigeria muslim girl to wear hijab.

Does it also infringe on the right of a reverend sister to wear her habits?

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by cooljoe(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2017
Caseless:
Good. I like that. It shows you're brilliant.

When you do, hit me up.
Chinwo v. Owohnda (2008) 3 N.W.L.R (pt 1078) 341, 361. Court held inter alia that when u choose to be a member of an association, their rules shall/can curtail ur rights as contained in s.39 nd 40 in d constitution. Look out 4 d pronouncement of per Dongban-Mensem JCA
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by cooljoe(m): 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

I repeat I am not a bigot like you who life's joy is to deprive others from their rights. If you like let them permit ifa priest to wear what they want, it matters not to me their kettle of fish.
see the dictum of Mary peter odili JSC in mbanefo v. molokwu and ors- those who join associations willingly must be made aware of the perils of such membership and such might include curtailing their rights as contained in chapter 4 of the 1999 constitution
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Does it make sense that a Christian is quoting the Quran when he should be quoting the greatest miracle of Christianity ?

This thread is about Hijab not cross or trinity, so the proper book
to quote is your quran.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
Caseless:
why should he quote something you do not believe in ?

We use your Bible to address you.

Who told you I believe in the bible?
I am just surprised that most muslim find no authority in their
supposed holy book.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
Xisnin:

This thread is about Hijab not cross or trinity, so the proper book
to quote is your quran.

Did you write this when the heat started from the first page?
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Ummuihsan: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
Elthugnificent:

Why so hostile? I never said I was against there wear, to be sincere I care less. The reason for the question is to prove that the hijab was never instructed in the Quran.

U are damn not serious.
Quran chapter 33:59 and 53
Chapter 24:60 and 31
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Elthugnificent(m): 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ummuihsan:

U are damn not serious.
Quran chapter 33:59 and 53
Chapter 24:60 and 31
Mr Man I have dealt with this issue already. There is nothing like hijab there. Only advices them to dress modestly, as such equating hijab to modesty is just subjective and not factual.

1 Like

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
Xisnin:

Who told you I believe in the bible?
I am just surprised that most muslim find no authority in their
supposed holy book.
there's no Muslim without the complete belief in the Holy Quran.

Does it make sense if we use it to buttress point to those who believe in something else?

We use it everytime we are in debate, when they want to switch, we quote their Bible.
Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by Deemighty100(m): 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
Elthugnificent:
I believe you are a Muslim right? Can you show me where it is clearly Witten in the quoran that woman are to wear hijab?

And u are still arguing abt this..?? When will u receive ur treatment is was mentioned not once in Quran the compulsion of using hijab for Muslim women..!!

Pls stop arguing upon which u knew nothing..

Re: Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) by bigpicture001: 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2020
Stalwert:
So every Muslim lady should copy her? The issue is a matter of rights, whatever culture the NBA created for itself cannot be used to supplant the rights of Muslim ladies who do not want to uncover their head.

Go study Islamic law in Afghanistan where ur religion is paramount

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Identities, Names Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre Released By CDS Irabor / Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again / INEC Announces Winner Of Osun Governorship Election Rerun (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.