Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? (9884 Views)

Would You Sign An Offer Letter With An Acceptance Deadline Of 24 Hours? / 5,000 Rivers State Job: Crowd Storms Secretariat To Submit Application (Photos) / Employment Letter With CONTISS 7 Step 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by shams040(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2017
Please while submitting cv is it compulsary to add a cover letter if it nt stipulated?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2017
Is it compulsory to gift someone a machine with the manuals to operate it - even when it isn't stipulated?

Let's assume that two people gift you an unknown machine (your CV is unknown to the recruiter)

Both of the machine serves the same function (You and the other guy have the same level experience)

One comes with a Manual, and the other doesn't come (He submits witha cover letter explaining his CV, and you don't submit any)

Which of the machines would you collect? wink

If you are a job seeker, always visit http://topwritersden.com/category/career-and-job-tips/ for more answers to questions like this.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by shams040(m): 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
Tnks
Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by Mackin: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Is it compulsory to gift someone a machine with the manuals to operate it - even when it isn't stipulated?

Let's assume that two people gift you an unknown machine (your CV is unknown to the recruiter)

Both of the machine serves the same function (You and the other guy have the same level experience)

One comes with a Manual, and the other doesn't come (He submits witha cover letter explaining his CV, and you don't submit any)

If you are a job seeker, always visit http://topwritersden.com/category/career-and-job-tips/ for more answers to questions like this.

U nail it

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by EdoBoy90(m): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

It is not compulsory except when required or stated. Some companies will ask you for an application letter not cover letter. It Depends on the company or the HRM.

Globacom on going recruitment, they only asked for a CV with attached password photograph.

Two jobs I have gotten so far (I left the first one and rejected the second offer), I didn't write any cover or application letters but the one I am currently I wrote an application letter.

Companies like GE, Cummins Inc, Siemens etc you have to write a cover letter and upload it on your created profile. A column is created the cover letter and CV to be uploaded.

It depends on the companies as clarified with my statement and experience.

Stop using machine manual OK as a yardstick to justify your 50%answer.

We rule the world of machines and engines.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by BiafranBushBoy: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
EdoBoy90:

It is not compulsory except when required or stated. Some companies will ask you for an application letter not cover letter. It Depends on the company or the HRM.

Globacom on going recruitment, they only asked for a CV with attached password photograph.

Two jobs I have gotten so far (I left the first one and rejected the second offer), I didn't write any cover or application letters but the one I am currently I wrote an application letter.

Companies like GE, Cummins Inc, Siemens etc you have to write a cover letter and upload it on your created profile. A column is created the cover letter and CV to be uploaded.

It depends on the companies as clarified with my statement and experience.

The issue with average people is that they never tried to go an extra mile.

Think about this and sleep over it.

You have typed a lot just to prove me wrong and make yourself feel good, but guess what,

YOU WIN!!! smiley

You have gotten just two jobs and you feel so good to call my opinion 50% cheesy (people!!)

I won't counter any of your points, I think I already helped OP on this question.

Don't bother typing back, I won't reply you!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by EdoBoy90(m): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

The issue with average people is that they never tried to go an extra mile.

Think about this and sleep over it.

You have typed a lot just to prove me wrong and make yourself feel good, but guess what,

YOU WIN!!! smiley

You have gotten just two jobs and you feel so good to call my opinion 50% cheesy (people!!)

I won't counter any of your points, I think I already helped OP on this question.

Don't bother typing back, I won't reply you!

Yes, I told u the truth with experience and anxiomatic proofs and you are calling me average person.

Just to promote your blogging business, you are calling average person.

I gave you facts with examples. I have never pooh-poohed your opinion. I added to what you type and you resulted calling me average person.

Thanks to God, I am not average in all ramification. God has blessed me and glory to his name.

Cover letter or application letter, it depends on the organization or company or HRM involved. Some companies will even asked you for hand-written application letter. Nigerian Railway corporation asked for hand-written application letter. Lakewood asked me for handwritten application letter and two passwords though I didn't go for the interview.

You don't have proofs. Just blabbing.

Op, if a company asks you to submit CV only, submit only the CV. If they ask you to submit CV and cover letter, submit both. Just obey the instructions of the job description. If it is not stated, submit both CV and Cover letter or application letter as the case may be.

Thanks and God bless you. I have been in this field before you were born OK.

27 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by EdoBoy90(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
Chuksmonika:
you said you won't reply him..... and you just did!..moral Lesson:: always learn to keep to your word

Thanks for reminding him.

He can't stick to his words.
I explained things to him in detailed and said he gave 50% answer to op question, he started calling me average person. That average people won't go extra mile.

It depends on the company or organization based on the subject matter.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by BiafranBushBoy: 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
Chuksmonika:
you said you won't reply him..... and you just did!..moral Lesson:: always learn to keep to your word

OK sir

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by missyojo(f): 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
EdoBoy90:

It depends on the companies as clarified with my
statement and experience.

you nailed it .it's as if am committing a sin when applying for a job without a cover letter even when it's not stated. Thanks for your honest explanation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by shams040(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
missyojo:

you nailed it .it's as if am committing a sin when applying for a job without a cover letter even when it's not stated. Thanks for your honest explanation.

BT y are Nigeria HRs like dat?

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by EdoBoy90(m): 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
missyojo:

Thanks and welcome.

Even Shell graduate recruitment this year, no one wrote a cover or application letter. Even Oando plc too. Even AOS limited too. Dangote plc no one was asked to write a cover or application letter.

All these I was involved. I applied.

I speak with verifiable evidence which is anxiomatic in nature.

General electric, Siemens etc will ask you to upload a cover letter.

It depends on the company or organization.

If they ask you to write a cover letter, write and submit. If they don't, submit only your CV.

Just obey the simple instructions of the job description

7 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by Jasperro(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2017
On point
Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 18, 2017
Submitting a cover letter with your CV is a requirement by most employers and most won't even consider your application if you don't apply with a cover letter.
Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by ovanda(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2017
Abeg,all the bros that are here,how do u people get or see these job openings? I am hopelessly unemployed and this is exactly one year since I concluded Nysc.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2017
Follow company instructions. NO LET OVERSABI KILL YOU

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by benebaby77: 8:35am On Dec 18, 2017
I had , in fact, got a job with multinational company that required a cover letter but I didn't write.
Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by bejeria101(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Yes it is!
Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by Cashrange660: 8:55am On Dec 18, 2017
EdoBoy90:

Yes, I told u the truth with experience and anxiomatic proofs and you are calling me average person.

Just to promote your blogging business, you are calling average person.

I gave you facts with examples. I have never pooh-poohed your opinion. I added to what you type and you resulted calling me average person.

Thanks to God, I am not average in all ramification. God has blessed me and glory to his name.

Cover letter or application letter, it depends on the organization or company or HRM involved. Some companies will even asked you for hand-written application letter. Nigerian Railway corporation asked for hand-written application letter.

I'm motivated by the points and facts you've stated so far. However, i would like your honest opinion and guide on something crucial, how do i contact you please?
Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by pweedyuz(f): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2017

Honestly, i don't know if it's compulsory or not

But i ALWAYS add a cover letter whenever I'm sending my cv to any company whether asked or not.

I just feel sending only my attached cv on an empty mail is me being Lazy.

Even this glo recruitment, i was with friends and we were all applying, i was d only one drafting a cover letter.

Do what suits you. Cover letter or not, a job that's yours will be yours
Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by alex81(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2017
cc: Uncle Jarus
Re: Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? by Pacesetter123(m): 9:36am On Dec 18, 2017
What do you people even mean by covering letter?In dis context,is it the same thing as application letter or recommendation letter?

(1) (2) (Reply)

one most precious resource you should be very smart with before u look for Job / Mass Recruitment At National Space Research And Development Agency (NASRDA) / Fraudsters Sell N-power Forms To Adamawa Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.