Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? (822 Views)

Profs In Da House. Serious Question: How Does One Get A Lecturing Job In Nigeria / Opinion: Best Law Universities In Nigeria - Top 20 / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? by farem: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
Please I just want to ask this serious question - do we still have Islamic universities in Nigeria?

Please if you know any, please list them

I am particularly interested in what they are achieving or achieved in the recent time
It seems they are having the Press boycott is it the Christian universities that are making things happen in Nigeria?
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? by dejt4u(m): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
farem:
Please I just want to ask this serious question - do we still have Islamic universities in Nigeria?

Please if you know any, please list them

I am particularly interested in what they are achieving or achieved in the recent time
It seems they are having the Press boycott is it the Christian universities that are making things happen in Nigeria?
fountain university in Osogbo is owned by NASFAT, a Muslim organization
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? by hsafarms: 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
Crescent university, Abeokuta

Al Hikmah university, Ilorin

Fountain university, Osogbo

I list more later

1 Like

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? by farem: 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
dejt4u:
fountain university in Osogbo is owned by NASFAT, a Muslim organization

What are these universities done as compared with the church's. Are they free because I don't see their founders criticised.
Also, are there no new things happening with them as we find in Covenant, Redeemer and even this one in Ekiti state?
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
I'm not saying this because I am a Christian but when it comes to Schools or Educational institutions in general just give it to the Church-they are good at it.
It has always been in the "gene" of the church to birth universities. The moment churches have a little amount exceeding their wage bill then they start thinking about schools. Even for those who can't afford to build universities they build primary schools. From the University of Notre dame to Georgetown University, Pepperdine university church universities have always been outstanding and that is why I am sure that Nigerian Church universities would also do wonders in a while.

Lalasticlala
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
farem:

What are these universities done as compared with the church's. Are they free because I don't see their founders criticised.
Also, are there no new things happening with them as we find in Covenant, Redeemer and even this one in Ekiti state?
They aren't free. As a matter of fact Al Hikmah as a matter of fact is registered as For profit while Covenant Is registered as not for profit. The difference there is at the end of the fiscal year, profit is shared in Al Hikmah while all revenue is returned back to the university in Covenant even though Covenant is more expensive than Alhikmah.

As regards Criticism. There are three reasons why some church universities are attacked
1) It is easier to harrass Oyedepo, Adeboye because they are prominent faces in their churches. Who do you want to hold responsible for high tuition in Veritas or Caritas or even Babcock? There is no prominent image behind the Church hence it isn't as lucrative to attack those organizations. This is the reason why Winners of Oyedepo is bashed more than Adventist Church even though Babcock is more expensive than Covenant and Landmark.

2) Perceived wealth: People generally believe Pentecostals are wealthier than their contemporaries hence they see them as deliberately being greedy. While it is true that Pentecostals are the richest religious brand in Naija. They may not be as wealth as being able to completely shoulder the financial burden of their universities.

3) Popularity and Reputation of the Universities: some Christians don't even know that their churches own universities and when they do they might not be interested in attending such universities due to its low popularity. For instance not many Anglicans know that Paul University is owned by Anglican Church. However ppl would actually want to attend Covenant, Landmark, Redeemers and Babcock uni if they were actually free. So when ppl see that they can't afford it they come after the pastors in charge of those churches.

1 Like

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION: Do We Still Have Islamic Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
hsafarms:
Crescent university, Abeokuta

Al Hikmah university, Ilorin

Fountain university, Osogbo

I list more later
Summit University Offa

and Maybe Al Qalam university and that ends it for Islamic universities.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Score Is Out,i Need Advise / 2018/2019 Unilorin Admission Guide / 2018 Waec Candidates, Come In lets Rub Minds Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.