Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,041 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas (28903 Views)

"The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson / Photos From "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere In Lagos (Arabian Themed) / The Wedding Party 2 - Official Trailer And Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by AvsGot007(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
dakeskese:

That's nt what is bothering me now sef.

I lost my virginity yesterday.. How can I get it back? angry
go and unfu*k the girl bro!
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by dominique(f): 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
That's only a fraction of what was spent on production and publicity. Considering the fact that most movies gross highest on their opening weeks I don't think the producers will realize the money spent on the project through Nigerian cinemas. They'll surely make their money through sponsorship and Nigerians in diaspora.

1 Like

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Xone3(f): 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
This movie is the bomb, way better than part 1 self. I went to see it today and I can genuinely say "Kudos". The Wedding Party 2 got me giggling and smiling from beginning to end. I can't wait for Part 3 with Sola performing wonders.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by purplekayc(m): 8:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
MhizzAJ:
This wedding party is overhyped
haven't haven't even seen the first one.
What's so good about it?
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Xone3(f): 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
tunesoft:
The koko....is who had seen it...and what is this like....should I go watch it or make I chill for like a month when the boys will supply me.

Meanwhile...don't hate marketing.... That's the job of some professionals... To sell you lies and shiiiits

Please go and watch it and enjoy the drama. It takes a lot to make me smile but I was really giggling throughout. It is worth it.

1 Like

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by makydebbie(f): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
Rolex67:
Hahhahahaahahah.
Bae, it's surprising how someone will hate somebody you've never seen before. And troll the person endlessly, and they wonder why their life offline is so sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Thylord(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
muller101:
meet Bobrisky
or your sister, what do you think.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
makydebbie:
Bae, it's surprising how someone will hate somebody you've never seen before. And troll the person endlessly, and they wonder why their life offline is so sad.
I know that feeling bar, they carry their sadistic life to nairaland.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by myself13: 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
makydebbie:

Una no go use your main. Dey feel great with alternates, be doing loyal watchdog in an online forum. At least thanks to Seu.n you don get full and overtime job.

despite your snide remarks, i will always be calm.Its not what you think my dear sweet and saucy Maky.I was only trying to confirm my findings.... funny how you make conclusions ?bout people.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Dada1973: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
Splendid
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by makydebbie(f): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
myself13:

despite your snide remarks, i will always be calm.Its not what you think my dear sweet and saucy Maky.I was only trying to confirm my findings.... funny how you make conclusions ?bout people.
This is not your main account, we both know that. What findings? It's her pussy and she owes no one an explanation this is just misplaced priorities. You're trolling.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Officialhow(m): 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
goggleit:
How has that change my bank account

Yu can GOOGLEiT

1 Like

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Officialhow(m): 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
slawomir:
this is a big fat lie in fact a giant lie
who dey go cinema house go watch gabarge just exercise patience and download it

Shattap there. #brokeass #badmarket yu think say na everybody be like yu?
i'm sorry 4 this buh just upgrade the platform yur thoughts are installed on
#1stabusive comment tho....
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Tolzeal(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
They spent huge to make the movie - They should definitely get the money back. Them chop my money too though lol
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by muller101(m): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
Thylord:
or your sister, what do you think.
may be you need to cool off in prison. grin
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by funmilola36(f): 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
U
GeleFanzgore:
I will watch it in 2019 after the elections. angry grin grin
sha listen to my song this year ...�

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
ibkayee:

Lool!

I was even trying to be nice o

Good camera and attractive actors, poor acting and underwhelming storyline. Big dissapointment

My thoughts are changing ooo, I'm planning to go see it tomorrow, seems like I will just sit at home.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by goggleit: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Yeba!!!!! shocked
Officialhow:

Yu can GOOGLEiT

1 Like

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by grinfingaz(f): 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
To watch the wedding party 2 and other interesting movies on ur phone using the IrokoTv app at #2,000 for 1year. please contact me on 07039164220
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Kingsunnyaleke: 11:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
Congratulations
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Thylord(m): 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
muller101:
may be you need to cool off in prison. grin
no not prison, i will cool off in your sister waist.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Nealson(m): 1:29am On Dec 17, 2017
Intellad:
lies.. just a hype for AMVCA .... meanwhile who can handle my behind?

I can try me virgin tho. But anything for love meanwhile are you in ondo? wink
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by lndigene(m): 5:26am On Dec 17, 2017
Very very boring joor.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by naturefellow(m): 7:39am On Dec 17, 2017
OboOlora:
Rubbish! Only Tunde Kelani should be allowed to release any movie in that country!!
which country... United States of Nigeria

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by oreayo2011: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2017
I feel so sorry for Nigerian youths,you all quote foreign media about the success of foreign ventures but yet refuse to celebrate your own.Iron man made 100million at the weekend box office,Jeff Bezos becomes the richest man worth whatever billions,Apple makes more profit yearly than Nigeria's budget.....Yet a smart woman who worked for 10 years in a place most of you fast and pray to work (Exxon Mobil)at an age lower than most of you are currently are,moves on to do other things her mind wanted to do and we can see the result of an exceptional mind.
If she had stayed in Mobil all these years,who would have initiated the format of talk shows that were not mere content without the accompanying income?Who would have employed all those studio hands,the gaffers,the sound guys,the audio engineers,the editors?Who would have thought of what to do with Tinapa in Calabar(a very celebrated project that died a very quick death)
Have you watched Ebonylife TV,the crystal clear quality,the sound,the attention to detail,and our attempt to meet regular standards out there?
We sit behind laptops and phones and condemn what should be our future dreams.When Mo Abudu leaves a hefty inheritance for her grand kids,your children would probably be lamenting about how unfair the world is not knowing their dads or mums in the noon of their lives were just cyber warriors(all talk ,no thought)
I wont chide and not encourage.The success of the thirty days series by AY and wedding party 1&2 is an eye opener to budding entrepreneurs.Tunde Kelani and Kunle Afolayan have been making great movies with a great cinematic ethos but they havent found this kind of success because of one missing ingredient called 'MARKETING' which Mo Abudu and her team have to a large extent gotten a hang of.Hollywood is over a hundred years old which means Nollywood would outlive us all and it will only get better.To all of you in the abroad asking if we watch movies in Nigeria,yes we do and in droves too.Do you watch movies in the country where you are resident?I guess not,as dem wan use work finish you,if you are legal that is(those who know,know).
For those waiting to download a pirated copy,somebody somewhere is working really hard to give away your sweat for pittance and that is not a curse,it is called KARMA.Food for thought,the highest paid actors in Bollywood earn millions of dollars in a poor developing country like India because they kept at the cinematic culture and proof is that some of you or people you know are hooked on ZEE World.Countless jobs have been created over the years in India and the actors make a very decent living.
So our dear cyber analysts,what difference are you going to make today that will positively impact tomorrow?

6 Likes

Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Ugosample(m): 9:05am On Dec 17, 2017
oreayo2011:
I feel so sorry for Nigerian youths,you all quote foreign media about the success of foreign ventures but yet refuse to celebrate your own.Iron man made 100million at the weekend box office,Jeff Bezos becomes the richest man worth whatever billions,Apple makes more profit yearly than Nigeria's budget.....Yet a smart woman who worked for 10 years in a place most of you fast and pray to work (Exxon Mobil)at an age lower than most of you are currently are,moves on to do other things her mind wanted to do and we can see the result of an exceptional mind.
If she had stayed in Mobil all these years,who would have initiated the format of talk shows that were not mere content without the accompanying income?Who would have employed all those studio hands,the gaffers,the sound guys,the audio engineers,the editors?Who would have thought of what to do with Tinapa in Calabar(a very celebrated project that died a very quick death)
Have you watched Ebonylife TV,the crystal clear quality,the sound,the attention to detail,and our attempt to meet regular standards out there?
We sit behind laptops and phones and condemn what should be our future dreams.When Mo Abudu leaves a hefty inheritance for her grand kids,your children would probably be lamenting about how unfair the world is not knowing their dads or mums in the noon of their lives were just cyber warriors(all talk ,no thought)
I wont chide and not encourage.The success of the thirty days series by AY and wedding party 1&2 is an eye opener to budding entrepreneurs.Tunde Kelani and Kunle Afolayan have been making great movies with a great cinematic ethos but they havent found this kind of success because of one missing ingredient called 'MARKETING' which Mo Abudu and her team have to a large extent gotten a hang of.Hollywood is over a hundred years old which means Nollywood would outlive us all and it will only get better.To all of you in the abroad asking if we watch movies in Nigeria,yes we do and in droves too.Do you watch movies in the country where you are resident?I guess not,as dem wan use work finish you,if you are legal that is(those who know,know).
For those waiting to download a pirated copy,somebody somewhere is working really hard to give away your sweat for pittance and that is not a curse,it is called KARMA.Food for thought,the highest paid actors in Bollywood earn millions of dollars in a poor developing country like India because they kept at the cinematic culture and proof is that some of you or people you know are hooked on ZEE World.Countless jobs have been created over the years in India and the actors make a very decent living.
So our dear cyber analysts,what difference are you going to make today that will positively impact tomorrow?

Don't mind all these people
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by ibkayee(f): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2017
Iamoluwaslim:

My thoughts are changing ooo, I'm planning to go see it tomorrow, seems like I will just sit at home.
Haven't seen the 2nd one o, I'm talking about thee first one smiley
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by petsam11(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
oreayo2011:

OMG! Mehn! Where are you from? You are just wonderful! Thanks for this writeup!
I just look at some people wey dey form say "I don't watch/see Nigerian movies!" like say na curse.... and I just laugh! The thing is that many of them still thinks that Nollywood is still the Nollywood of old... without knowing that Nollywood is now in two distinguished categories. "Old Nollywood a.k.a Asaba Movies" and New Nollywood.
Even the old Nollywood don upgrade finish regardless of what some directors and producers produce....
The truth that they don't want to tell themselves is that even so many Hollywood movies are nothing to write home about! I do see some Hollywood movies and I am like "what is this" "is this really a movie or a nursery school drama/play?" some of them are so fake, with zero contents, too much unnecessary tricks, etc that you will even end up asking yourself, "is this really the Hollywood that people say is everything?"
All these "I don't watch/see Nollywood movies" people will often times even be the first to jump and shout anyhow when they see all these A-List actors even the upcoming ones amongst them... so just leave them jare!
Rome wasn't built in a day! Even Hollywood still dey upgrade! And for me, I can tell you that the only thing working "almost absolutely" properly in Nigeria is Nollywood and not even the so called music industry! Although Wizkid and a few others na Baba internationally!
So Nollywood is the only workable thing here. And if these politicians and governors know how much they can generate from investing in the making of a film, building/setting/constructing a film village, they won't even mess with Nollywood! Cos if I am a governor, I will definitely have like two to three film villages in my state at least with not less than 3 functional state owned cinemas!
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Alwaysking: 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol thank you, first one was very overrated. I'd score it about a 3.6/10

Silly you, but the movie made a lot of millions that can feed your lineage. next time encourage don't discourage, it's people like you that don't want others to progress.
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by Alwaysking: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
pocohantas:

You try.
If I score that movie.
I will use red biro to draw the draw the zero, with big eye grin
Useless movie. So much money went into it, but it was overrated.
It was overrated but still the highest grossing movie in Nigeria, you see your pathetic life? nonsense!
Re: 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas by ibkayee(f): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Alwaysking:
Silly you, but the movie made a lot of millions that can feed your lineage. next time encourage don't discourage, it's people like you that don't want others to progress.
The movie was terrible mayne

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Why I Can’t Marry Someone Like You – Cee-c Tells Lolu / Why I Quit Channels TV – Deji-Bademosi / BBNaija: Bella Ends Relationship With Sheggz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.