Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) (31964 Views)

Promo Buy Your Nadia Rice (photos) / Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 9:22am On Dec 17, 2017
post=63355275:

Ogun with 30 hectares rice farming is bigger than southeast grin grin grin grin grin
http://punchng.com/ogun-to-sell-branded-rice-in-december-says-commissioner/

Ogun to sell branded rice in December, says commissioner
Published September 23, 2017

Samuel Awoyinfa, Abeokuta

The Ogun State Government says it has concluded plans to release locally-produced and branded rice, Mitros, by December 2017.

The state Commissioner for Agriculture, Mrs Adepeju Adebajo, disclosed this on Friday during a routine inspection of the first phase of rice harvested in one of its farms at Eggua, in Yewa North Local Government Area of the state.

She said this was part of measures at ensuring food security.

Adebajo said the state has begun harvesting 30 hectares out of the 100 hectares of rice plantation and would be ready for distribution latest December 2017 after all due processes had been followed.

She said, “In fulfilling one of our objectives, we are set to produce MITROS rice. This rice is the best quality you can ask for because we provided the farmers with most improved variety of seedlings and it will be ready before the end of the year.

“This will be the first phase of harvest, we will harvest others too. We will go through all necessary steps to ensure quality product, then we will package and brand it MITROS rice. Both our local Ofada and Nerica 8 will be available for consumers.”

The Special Assistant to the Governor on Agriculture, Mr. Tosin Ademuyiwa, advised the younger ones to take advantage of the opportunity, adding that the next phase would be more mechanised as more farm machineries had been approved for purchase.

A farmer, Olugbenga Popoola, acknowledged the state government’s support in the areas of land clearing, provision of seedlings, fertilizers and others. He promised that they (farmers) are willing to do more in the next planting season.
you have comprehension problems. that is the state owned rice company. with state government production and private farmers Ogun state produces more rice than the entire south east. that is what the federal government report says grin go and quarrel with audu ogbeh

or better still jump off the Niger bridge grin internet Rambo

2 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 9:29am On Dec 17, 2017
post=63355613:

STINERICE Anambra is the largest Rice Mill in Nigeria with production capacity of 440 tons per day, i.e 10,000 bags of 50kg per day, with sate-of-art facilities and modern equipments, it boasts of both local and expatriate workers on its payroll

http://www.stinerice.com/

We need pictorial evidence not theory

Stinerice Nnewi, Anambra state

yeah 10,000 bags per day and your brothers are smuggling rice through Idi iroko border grin

typical IBO man will have 1000 and tell you he has 10000 cheesy

I'm done arguing with you. go and fight audu ogbeh or carry placard to ministry of agric

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:29am On Dec 17, 2017
Jaideyone:
[s] keep deceiving yourself. the same Ogun that has more IGR than the entire south east? grin guy you be clown I swear.

I wonder why your anambla has refused to disclose their IGR. maybe because with all the zobo packaging plants the IGR is not up to that of Ekiti grin the joke s on you

even when we hit you with federal government statistics you will still be forming Rambo grin when your land is barren. hahahahahaha[/s]
My brother forget you sorry story we know how poverty is dancing shoki in streets of Abeokuta we are not mate

Still waiting for names of commercial rice farmers in Ogun and milling plants

Pics Stine rice mill Anambra

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2017
okway2:

I wish God could bless Igbos with the same “propaganda” instead of ugwu propaganda that doesn’t show on their IGR grin

We are not west that swim in propaganda

This is Anambra Ugu well packaged for export

2 Likes

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Guestlander: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2017
post=63356944:

We are not west that swim in propaganda

This is Anambra Ugu well packaged for export

Ugu.......Lol. I hope our oyinbo friends will soon be buying ugu in their local supermarkets. May ugu conquer the world much like okra and bitter leaf.
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by OYAY(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2017
I hope it will not end like Lake rice which after one year is yet to be sold on the street?
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by scholes0(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
easyfem:
I wish I'm from south west sha... There gov are making more move than any region ...

Thanks GOD I'm from EDO .... we are still close .... I can claim SW

Claim on jare bro.
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Cherez: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jaideyone:
hahahaha see this clown. warrior is just as urban as Abeokuta. they both have about 500,000 people in population!!!

Asaba even has less population than warri. Asaba has 300,000 at most.

so sango Ota is not modern? berger to redeem camp with new houses and industries nko?
and yes like half of iju is Ogun state!!! Ogun state starts from Spokane around abule egba(yes!!! part of abule egba is Ogun) and stretches into Abeokuta. have you seen some houses and industries along that road down to Abk? I'm not blinded by tribe. I'm speaking the obvious truth
One major problem we youths have in this country is that we are like our elderly politiicians who resort to name-calling rather than clearly stated proofs.
What infrastructure does Agbara and Iju have?
Roads or good schools or what?
Agbara and Igbesa has a good concentration of industries and OTA a few.
OTA has OBJ farm and the GREAT CANAANLAND, BELLS and some other church owned schools agreed.
I know these places more than you do, bro.
Imagine saying Igbos are the ones running "fayawo" business at Idiroko? Not the Yorybas and Eguns?
Bros, you lack proper knowledge of "fayawo" business at Idiroko, Owode-apa and at the Badagary borders.
I wont reply you again.
@, TILL LOCALLY GROWN ANAMBRA RICE IS EATEN IN ATLEAST 70% OF FAMILIES ANND OCASSIONS IN ANAMBRA, THIS VIDEO IS JUST PROPAGANDA.
We Nigerians are just too petty.
YOU CLAIM TO PROODUCE RICE BUT YOU ALL RUN TO BUY COTONOU RICE!
IF NIGERIA STARTS PRODUCING RICCE TODAY, IT WILL IMMEDIATELY REFLECT AT THE MARKET PLACES AND NOT JUST ON NEWSPAPER PAGES
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
Cherez:

One major problem we youths have in this country is that we are like our elderly politiicians who resort to name-calling rather than clearly stated proofs.
What infrastructure does Agbara and Iju have?
Roads or good schools or what?
Agbara and Igbesa has a good concentration of industries and OTA a few.
OTA has OBJ farm and the GREAT CANAANLAND, BELLS and some other church owned schools agreed.
I know these places more than you do, bro.
Imagine saying Igbos are the ones running "fayawo" business at Idiroko? Not the Yorybas and Eguns?
Bros, you lack proper knowledge of "fayawo" business at Idiroko, Owode-apa and at the Badagary borders.
I wont reply you again.
@, TILL LOCALLY GROWN ANAMBRA RICE IS EATEN IN ATLEAST 70% OF FAMILIES ANND OCASSIONS IN ANAMBRA, THIS VIDEO IS JUST PROPAGANDA.
We Nigerians are just too petty.
YOU CLAIM TO PROODUCE RICE BUT YOU ALL RUN TO BUY COTONOU RICE!
IF NIGERIA STARTS PRODUCING RICCE TODAY, IT WILL IMMEDIATELY REFLECT AT THE MARKET PLACES AND NOT JUST ON NEWSPAPER PAGES

lol you know those places but you don't understand the meaning of the word urban to begin with.

read here

http://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/sociology/20-important-characteristics-of-urban-community-sociology/4873

and here too
http://www.studylecturenotes.com/social-sciences/sociology/360-characteristics-of-rural-and-urban-community

the major signs of an urban area is

-high population density
-industries (this is a very important sign of urbanisation).
-class extremes (a few very rich people and very poor people around the neighborhood)
-heterogenicity of profession e.g. a rural area might be made up of 90% fishermen or faemers while an urban area will have a mix of all professions!!!
-heterogenicity of language and ethnic groups

those are the five major signs of an urban area.

now you are claiming that iju, agbara, ibafo, mowe, Ota, abule egba (the Ogun state side), ewekoro, sagamu are not urban but I'm telling you they have all the signs of an urban area.

all those areas are densely populated, they all have industries (more than delta state self), they all have people of diverse languages and professions, there are rich and poor people in all those places.

so what's your own definition of an urban area? grin

English is your problem. you don't understand English

before replying this post you need to understand the term urbanisation first, then you'll come and tell me how delta state has more urban areas than Ogun grin
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
post=63355867:

My brother forget you sorry story we know how poverty is dancing shoki in streets of Abeokuta we are not mate

Still waiting for names of commercial rice farmers in Ogun and milling plants

Pics Stine rice mill Anambra
you will soon send basket mouth out f business. you are a big clown grin

so your phantom rice mill produces 170,000 metric tons of rice per annum (10,000) bags per day yet their products are no where to be found in the market grin

with a figure of 10_000 bags of rice per day, that rice mill should have at least 50% of the rice market in Anambra state yet their products are no where to be found. keep deceiving yourself grin

I will contact my webmaster now and he'll give my rice mill a production capacity of 20,000 bags daily on the internet too grin

funny anambla boy wink
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jaideyone:
you will soon send basket mouth out f business. you are a big clown grin

so your phantom rice mill produces 170,000 metric tons of rice per annum (10,000) bags per day yet their products are no where to be found in the market grin

with a figure of 10_000 bags of rice per day, that rice mill should have at least 50% of the rice market in Anambra state yet their products are no where to be found. keep deceiving yourself grin

I will contact my webmaster now and he'll give my rice mill a production capacity of 20,000 bags daily on the internet too grin

funny anambla boy wink

Anambra and Ebonyi rice are available in east, I just showed you stinerice mill, this is another rice mill in Anambra JOSAN gaint mill Omor Anambra state.

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
post=63366246:

Anambra and Ebonyi rice is available in east, I just showed you stinerice mill, this is another rice mill in Anambra JOSAN gaint mill Omor Anambra state.
Ogun state produces more rice than the entire south east grin
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jaideyone:
Ogun state produces more rice than the entire south east grin
You produce on paper grin grin grin Still waiting for just one milling plant in west or commercial rice farmer in Ogun grin grin grin

Josan milling plant

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Mygbadebo(m): 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
State with one of the worst road network in Nigeria.. Sango ota is generating most of their revenue but still no good roads.. I pity that state..
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by Cherez: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
Mygbadebo:
State with one of the worst road network in Nigeria.. Sango ota is generating most of their revenue but still no good roads.. I pity that state..
My brother, that is the problem with this country.
You will never see these youths pushing their governors to take the advantages provided by nature just like the Lagos overflow in Ogun state but they will come here to showcase private businesses and even praise below par governors. I wish GOD gives Ogun state the mind of FASHOLA of 2007-2015.
Not just Ogun all states in this country.
Look at Kogi state one of the poorest states so to say.
A state that can feed Africa steel, calcite, CACO3, MGCO3, and a lot of other construction raw materials including tiles but they have civil servants dying of hunger and two/three grown-up men will be here fighting on NL,
SHAME ON US ALL!
Go and see what the Chinese guys are doing at Igbesa/Totowu, Ogun state. Even to construct roads themselves, same village leaders and govt will come to tax them for trying to take over govts reaponsibility.
, show us efforts by Obiano to build good roads, fight for power generating licenses, and even for dredging of the Onitsha riverport and not private businesses groaning over bad roads and cost of production of which these companies may even pack-up soon if they continue running at huge costs.
Has Obiano invested in good railway connecting major cities for low cost bulk movement of these products?
I pity people that will charge their phones at barbing salons and still come here to defend lousy, non-creative, loud-mouthed, and visionless leaders who draw support from their likes.
Re: Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) by pinkygurl(f): 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
Bolustical:
Ogun Set to Start Sale of Mass Produced Ofada Rice

The Ogun State Government mass produced Ofada rice, is to be ready for sale to the public this Christmas season in all the Local Government and Local Council Development Areas of the state.

The MITROS Ofada Rice, which is being grown, milled and bagged in the state, is aimed at ending scarcity and smuggling of commodity as well as make it available to the generality of the resident this Yuletide.

Governor Ibikunle Amosun, who led some members of the state Executive Council on inspection tour of the production factory at Sawonjo, Iju Local Council Development Area in Ogun West Senatorial district of the state yesterday, expressed satisfaction at the volume of production on ground.

He disclosed that two other production factories will be sited in Asero, Abeokuta, in Ogun Central Senatorial District and Ijebu North East in Ogun East Senatorial district.

Urging residents of Sawonjo area to cooperate with the production team, Amosun assured of the good quality of the rice and that it will be affordable and available in large quantity.

https://web.facebook.com/SenatorIbikunleAmosun/?hc_ref=ARRFVOX1-BH1objx_eJDSQjThVcuvabuB2SB668_3d8rGqHoT9LOpeHNN09DxK0QDT4

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun State Begins Dry Season Harvest In Youth Rice Production Project / A Nairalander Kills A Cobra While Surveying His Farm (Photos) / Photos - Rubber Tapping In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.