Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,407 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? (3238 Views)

Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. / "Marry Me Or I Die"— Lady Faints "Repeatedly" On A Busy Road In Lagos (Photos) / My Husband’s Neighbor Cooks For Him,am I Being Paranoid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by LivelyStones: 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
Dear Jzhane,

My Fiancee is very friendly to her ex’s family . I mean,I didnt even know that she keeps in touch with them until on her birthday,they sent her a cake. I didnt even know until someone made a comment that hmm,Fola’s family knows how to send amazing cakes o.

I picked it up,I knew she said her ex name is Fola. At that point,I asked why they send her cake and she was like they know its her birthday and they did that for almost six years,even after the break up which is almost like two years ago.

I told her I was not comfortable with it and she replied that I should chill that Fola her ex has a new girlfriend . I must confess that didnt make me comfortable.

I told her to cease communication with them and she flipped out ,saying I was acting immature. I left her birthday angry and as I was leaving,I went through her facebook posts...see more

www.livelystones.com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by KardinalZik(m): 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
Totally IMMATURE ACTION.

That they're no longer in a romantic relationship can't automatically erase the fact that they've known themselves.

Ha! Just because of cake? Guy, abeg apologise to the babe ASAP. You're just being unnecessarily jealous and INSECURE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by jaszplus12(m): 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
KardinalZik:
Totally IMMATURE ACTION.

That they're no longer in a romantic relationship can't automatically erase the fact that they've known themselves.

Ha! Just because of cake? Guy, abeg apologise to the babe ASAP. You're just being unnecessarily jealous and INSECURE.

I beg no fes, but I know OP acted immature .

if reverese is the case what do you think will be the reaction?

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
women and their jealousy attitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7me_jF00s8
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ubunja(m): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2017
nigga dont accept such sh!t
u have the right to feel how u feel.never apologize for your feelings.
i can never abide such disloyality from a chick.its either u are mine 100 or the door is open.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by GoldenJAT(m): 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
there is no smoke without fire oooo!!! play along
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by lilmax(m): 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
LivelyStones:

Dear Jzhane,

My Fiancee is very friendly to her ex’s family . I mean,I didnt even know that she keeps in touch with them until on her birthday,they sent her a cake. I didnt even know until someone made a comment that hmm,Fola’s family knows how to send amazing cakes o.

I picked it up,I knew she said her ex name is Fola. At that point,I asked why they send her cake and she was like they know its her birthday and they did that for almost six years,even after the break up which is almost like two years ago.

I told her I was not comfortable with it and she replied that I should chill that Fola her ex has a new girlfriend . I must confess that didnt make me comfortable.

I told her to cease communication with them and she flipped out ,saying I was acting immature. I left her birthday angry and as I was leaving,I went through her facebook posts...see more

www.livelystones.com.ng

LOL.... dude start searching for another fiancée abeg grin

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by pedrilo: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
ubunja:
nigga dont accept such sh!t
u have the right to feel how u feel.never apologize for your feelings.
i can never abide such disloyality from a chick.its either u are mine 100 or the door is open.
u better work on urself, if not u will end up as a lonely and dejected old man. The world does not revolve around u.
@op, u can do better in handlin dis issue, let her knw how u feel abt her closeness wit fola's family and ask ur gf if she will be comfortable wit u and ur ex family maintainin such closeness.
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by IAMSASHY(f): 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
undecided totally unacceptable,bringing dat cake is jst 2much 4 a relationship dat crashed 2years ago. If truly she has moved on wt u, she cud hv as well avoided d family and anything dat has 2 do wt d ex. If sometin has not started going on now, it will definitely start soon, dnt b surprised dat d family mayb trying so hard 2 convince dia son to go bak 2 her. It's either she's wt u or she leaves 2 avoid anoda man fathering ur kids

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ubunja(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
pedrilo:
u better work on urself, if not u will end up as a lonely and dejected old man. The world does not revolve around u.
@op, u can do better in handlin dis issue, let her knw how u feel abt her closeness wit fola's family and ask ur gf if she will be comfortable wit u and ur ex family maintainin such closeness.
i love myself way too much to accept this bullsh!t you call love.
love me how i want you to love me or keep your love. i dont need it.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by Romanic: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
You are being paranoid bro. There is nothing wrong in the family of her ex wishing him ,happy birthday . Anybody one cash wish anyone happy birthday.
She knew them before you.
For one to be Ex,doesn't mean you are enemies.
LivelyStones:

Dear Jzhane,

www.livelystones.com.ng

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by pedrilo: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
ubunja:

i love myself way too much to accept this bullsh!t you call love.
love me how i want you to love me or keep your love. i dont need it.
I see a lonely old man
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ubunja(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
pedrilo:
I see a lonely old man
better i buy pr0stitutes till i die than approve of the cr@p you advising OP to accept
and OP better prepare to raise that Ex's babies.since he is a simp anyways. and the irony is the GF gonna be telling OP to delete all his Exes from his fone.LMFAOOOOO!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
lilmax:
LOL.... dude start searching for another fiancée abeg grin

Your statement might sound funny but you are right.

Op don't place all your eggs in her basket.

At the back of her mind, she may be hoping they reconcile and settle down. And the ex family too may be having such hopes. Better to be safe than sorry.
And like a lady above me said,

Don't end up fathering her ex children thinking and with full confidence believing they are yours.

Be wise.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by pedrilo: 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
ubunja:

better i buy pr0stitutes till i die than approve of the cr@p you advising OP to accept
and OP better prepare to raise that Ex's babies.since he is a simp anyways. and the irony is the GF gonna be telling OP to delete all his Exes from his fone.LMFAOOOOO!!!!!!
people like u end up wit very bad partners. U tink u r smart.
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by lilmax(m): 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
ubunja:

lol....bros leave that guy, how providing early solution to the problem makes someone lonely is what I don't get.... it's pure common sense, from what I see here, the parents are trying to win her over and she's not even trying to let go

@op once again, if she doesn't agree, you walk away

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ubunja(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
pedrilo:
people like u end up wit very bad partners. U tink u r smart.
why are you so determined for OP to accept his GF's continued relations with her Ex's family?
are u from the Ex' family or you just see life as one long walk in the park where everyone is good and noone will ever take advantage of another?
c'mon now dude.even girls are disacouraging it yet here u are pushing it. you are being irresponsible now.u giving bad advice that will end with OP killing someone 15yrs from now when DNA tests reveal the Gf got more than just cakes from those people. stop your emotional d!ck centred reasoning for once and use your head .the bigger head .
please and thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by pedrilo: 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
ubunja:

why are you so determined for OP to accept his GF's continued relations with her Ex's family?
are u from the Ex' family or you just see life as one long walk in the park where everyone is good and noone will ever take advantage of another?
c'mon now dude.even girls are disacouraging it yet here u are pushing it. you are being irresponsible now.u giving bad advice that will end with OP killing someone 15yrs from now when DNA tests reveal the Gf got more than just cakes from those people. stop your emotional d!ck centred reasoning for once and use your head .the bigger head .
please and thank you.
immature reasoning. You want to cage her from associating with people because she is dating you? Are you married to her?
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ubunja(m): 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
pedrilo:
immature reasoning. You want to cage her from associating with people because she is dating you? Are you married to her?
then she might as well spend time with her Exes and go out on dates with them.and while we on that allow her to kiss her Exes.
stay away from relationships my friend. you dont know the first thing about commitment and being exclusive with anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by habsydiamond(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
Na how some girl dey take their own hand spoil there relationship...as long as u re off with Ur ex why collect cake again.....to make Ur guy uncomfortable abi.....when he come leave now ....Na den she go dey say her village people dey follow her....

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ORAGBON(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
pedrilo:
I see a lonely old man
haba, that is harsh
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by pedrilo: 7:00am On Dec 17, 2017
ORAGBON:
haba, that is harsh
how this matter take concern you!!!!!!

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ednut1(m): 7:14am On Dec 17, 2017
Bloggers and fabricated stories sha
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by Romanic: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
But for them not to be dating doesnt mean they are enemy nah. Anyone can present cake as birthday gift. Moreover, its the ex family not the ex .
IAMSASHY:
undecided totally unacceptable,bringing dat cake is jst 2much 4 a relationship dat crashed 2years ago. If truly she has moved on wt u, she cud hv as well avoided d family and anything dat has 2 do wt d ex. If sometin has not started going on now, it will definitely start soon, dnt b surprised dat d family mayb trying so hard 2 convince dia son to go bak 2 her. It's either she's wt u or she leaves 2 avoid anoda man fathering ur kids
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ubunja(m): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
Romanic:
But for them not to be dating doesnt mean they are enemy nah. Anyone can present cake as birthday gift. Moreover, its the ex family not the ex .
when u put your response above the qoute it loses context
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by IAMSASHY(f): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
undecided if she had avoided dem, dey won't bring dat cake, atleast once in awhile, "hi" on social media is k bt as u can see, d closeness is still much, she has succeeded in hvin d family on her side, d only person remaining is d ex, cnt u see she is gradually winning d game?
Romanic:
wen u breakup wt ur ex and u try to move on wt a new person, if u stl keep in touch wt ur ex, it wl b 90% easier 4 d feelings u once shared 2 rise and reconnect dan 4 u 2 develop genuine feelings wt d new person.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by ORAGBON(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
we should always consider peoples feelings when we use words...But no vex, didn't mean to offend you.
pedrilo:
how this matter take concern you!!!!!!
Re: Please Advice Me, Is This Normal Or I Am Just Being Paranoid? by Romanic: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2017
Yes. What you said is actually true. But in this case,the story said it's the guys family. He can't just stop them like that nah. Or what do you think he should do to avoid it next time. Pick up a quarrel or what do you think ?
IAMSASHY:
undecided if she had avoided dem, dey won't bring dat cake, atleast once in awhile, "hi" on social media is k bt as u can see, d closeness is still much, she has succeeded in hvin d family on her side, d only person remaining is d ex, cnt u see she is gradually winning d game? wen u breakup wt ur ex and u try to move on wt a new person, if u stl keep in touch wt ur ex, it wl b 90% easier 4 d feelings u once shared 2 rise and reconnect dan 4 u 2 develop genuine feelings wt d new person.

(1) (Reply)

Are Ladies Entitled To Transport Fare? / A Man Raped 5yrs Old Girl In Saudi And Was Killed At Instant / Why Do 9ja Ladies See Blocking People On Social Media As An Achievement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.