Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,942 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year (26971 Views)

Law Graduate Shares Sultry Photo To Celebrate Her Call To Bar / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by bilms(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2017
Another Female law graduate vow to attend call to bar with hijab next year
http://mrrightsng..com.ng/2017/12/another-female-law-graduate-vow-to.html

Following the refusal of Nigeria Law School to call Miss Firdaus Amasa to bar for refusing to take off her hijab last week, another female law graduate from University of Ilorin, Laylah Al-Mubarakah has vow to attend the same programme next year with her hijab on.

The father of the lady, Alhaji Abubakar Aliagan, a lecturer in the university of Ilorin went to social media to announce the resolve of his daughter in solidarity with Firdaus. He stated that, ''MY DAUGHTER, EVEN IF AM NOT ALIVE AND THE MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED........YOU RECEIVE MY BLESSINGS........IN THE LIKE MANNER THE FATHER OF FIRDAUS IS NOT DISTURBED''

Alhaji ABubakar Aliagan wrote on his facebook page as follows:

Firdaus Amasa is a daughter of a dear friend. She was not call to bar because she was adamant on her Islamic mode of dress. She was a year ahead of my daughter at the Faculty of law, University of Ilorin. When her courageous father, Mallam Oba Amasa, came to my house ( he sometimes pray the SALAT in my mosque) to break the news to me, my only regret is that Firdaus was left alone in this struggle. How I wish my daughter is there this year to stand behind her.

Whether this matter is settled amicably in the court or not, my daughter, LAYLAH AL-MUBARAKÀH, has vowed to be the next victim. She wrote the following lines in her blog.................

Reading the news that our courageous sister, Amasa Al jannah Fidaos was not called to the Nigerian bar because she refused to remove her hijab brought tears to my eyes. Is Fidaos the only muslim lawyer out there? Others should have joined her. I wish there were more muslim females like her. To some you may think what she has done is rebellious. But to me it is courageous and she has maintained her stand as a muslim.

Imagine this, A girl has been brought up in the way ordained by Allah right from her birth, she has been wearing the hijab from then, She has never for once remove her hijab just for the sake of being called to bar she has to remove it. Removing the Hijab is being naked.

I have been asked several times that will i remove my hijab when i am to be called to Nigerian Bar? I always answer that I dont know. But Now, I have my answer, Amasa al jannah firdaos has provided the answer.

The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria particularly Chapter 4, Section 38 (1) of the 1999 constitution and Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Right, provide:“Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.” Is denying her entrance in to the hall because she is wearing the hijab not an infringement on her right to practise her religion?

To Firdaos, you were our Ameerah in National Association of Muslim Law Students Unilorin Chapter and you led us well, When you were the Ameerah, through your humility and selflessness you inspired me to be like you . Now you have laid the foundation to justice and i pray and hope your efforts will be acknowledged. I celebrate you and to me you are a Legend.

This is a wake up call to every muslim in Nigeria, to fight for this injustice and use the position and power the Almighty has bestowed on you all to fight for this injustice.

MY DAUGHTER, EVEN IF AM NOT ALIVE AND THE MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED........YOU RECEIVE MY BLESSINGS........IN THE LIKE MANNER THE FATHER OF FIRDAUS IS NOT DISTURBED ........

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Nutase: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
Wish you the best.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by MrDude: 5:35pm On Dec 16, 2017
Islam and confusion are like Siamese twins connected by brain. It's becoming even more glaring by the hour that Satan himself; the great "confusionist" its a Muslim. If ever there was a Satan to begin with.

212 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Sammy07: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
OP

And her fate will be as Firdaus Amasa fate.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by aybabz101: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
this ppl self. there are rules and regulations guiding an established institution. for now, d rule is if u ar to be called to bar, do not put on any form of vail.
mind u no b for only Muslims o. it includes christians, judaist, and traditional worshippers. A reverend sister had to remove her vail b4 she was called to bar.

if u like come next yr with ur hijab, na u no go b able to practice. u ar not d first muslim lady to b calld to bar n u wont b d last. i dont know mayb Allah has refused to answer d prayers of previous muslim ladies dat hav been calld to bar or they were chased out of heaven because dey remove their hijab to b calld to bar......dey go jst dey explode small issue.

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by walosky(m): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2017
Sounds like a Rabid dog

33 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by olasaad(f): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
I trust her. You are not a real child of your father if you can't do that.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by MrDude: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
Why can't the sane world learn from the Japanese??

I want a country where Islam is ban! mosques demolish and Muslims kicked out of the country - giving them a chance to abandon their cult of course. 

JAPAN has NO TROUBLE at all with Islam: 1 mosque in the entire country, 10,000 Muslims in a population of 130 million; Muslims not allowed to own property or evangelise and are deported the minute they do something Islamic, such as protesting about Japanese culture.

Can't we LEARN something from the Japanese?

Before any mod move to hide this post let's us be clear to ourselves here, I have written fact!

200 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by odduduwa: 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
bilms:

Following the refusal of Nigeria Law School to call Miss Firdaus Amasa to bar for refusing to take off her hijab last week, another female law graduate from University of Ilorin, Laylah Al-Mubarakah has vow to attend the same programme next year with her hijab on.

The father of the lady, Alhaji Abubakar Aliagan, a lecturer in the university of Ilorin went to social media to announce the resolve of his daughter in solidarity with Firdaus. He stated that, ''MY DAUGHTER, EVEN IF AM NOT ALIVE AND THE MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED........YOU RECEIVE MY BLESSINGS........IN THE LIKE MANNER THE FATHER OF FIRDAUS IS NOT DISTURBED''

Firdaus Amasa is a daughter of a dear friend. She was not call to bar because she was adamant on her Islamic mode of dress. She was a year ahead of my daughter at the Faculty of law, University of Ilorin. When her courageous father, Mallam Oba Amasa, came to my house ( he sometimes pray the SALAT in my mosque) to break the news to me, my only regret is that Firdaus was left alone in this struggle. How I wish my daughter is there this year to stand behind her.

Whether this matter is settled amicably in the court or not, my daughter, LAYLAH AL-MUBARAKÀH, has vowed to be the next victim. She wrote the following lines in her blog.................

Reading the news that our courageous sister, Amasa Al jannah Fidaos was not called to the Nigerian bar because she refused to remove her hijab brought tears to my eyes. Is Fidaos the only muslim lawyer out there? Others should have joined her. I wish there were more muslim females like her. To some you may think what she has done is rebellious. But to me it is courageous and she has maintained her stand as a muslim.

Imagine this, A girl has been brought up in the way ordained by Allah right from her birth, she has been wearing the hijab from then, She has never for once remove her hijab just for the sake of being called to bar she has to remove it. Removing the Hijab is being naked.

I have been asked several times that will i remove my hijab when i am to be called to Nigerian Bar? I always answer that I dont know. But Now, I have my answer, Amasa al jannah firdaos has provided the answer.

The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria particularly Chapter 4, Section 38 (1) of the 1999 constitution and Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Right, provide:“Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.” Is denying her entrance in to the hall because she is wearing the hijab not an infringement on her right to practise her religion?

To Firdaos, you were our Ameerah in National Association of Muslim Law Students Unilorin Chapter and you led us well, When you were the Ameerah, through your humility and selflessness you inspired me to be like you . Now you have laid the foundation to justice and i pray and hope your efforts will be acknowledged. I celebrate you and to me you are a Legend.

This is a wake up call to every muslim in Nigeria, to fight for this injustice and use the position and power the Almighty has bestowed on you all to fight for this injustice.

MY DAUGHTER, EVEN IF AM NOT ALIVE AND THE MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED........YOU RECEIVE MY BLESSINGS........IN THE LIKE MANNER THE FATHER OF FIRDAUS IS NOT DISTURBED ........

nonsense try and see useless Islamic fool

11 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by olasaad(f): 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrDude:

Ban Islam! Demolish the mosques and kick Muslims out of the country - giving them a chance to abandon their cult of course. 

JAPAN has NO TROUBLE at all with Islam: 1 mosque in the entire country, 10,000 Muslims in a population of 130 million; Muslims not allowed to own property or evangelise and are deported the minute they do something Islamic, such as protesting about Japanese culture.

Before the mod move to hide this post let's us be clear to ourselves here, I have written fact!

You can relocate to Japan if you are really pained bcz here in Nigeria their is nothing you people can do about Islam.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by lumzybo: 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
First thing first, pass your exam First before you will be thinking of being called to bar undecided

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by MrDude: 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
olasaad:

You can relocate to Japan if you are really pained bcz here in Nigeria their is nothing you people can do about Islam.

Madam name just one Islamic country that can measure up to Japan on any positive index out there? No go mention suicide bombing and beheadings - remember I said positive!

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by bilms(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
shocked
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
And you will hang your wig ontop your hijab. What an educational waste and disgrace to the african race.

19 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by DeLaRue: 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
The level of suspicion amongst peoples of different religions, particularly Christians and Moslems is just out of all proportion.

Tolerance has to be given a chance.

From the picture I saw, the so-called veil did not cover the face of the lady that was denied a call to the bar.

It should be possible to accommodate such simple attire for call to bar ceremony. We see women wear this in offices, on the streets, in schools etc

Yes, the rules are the rules, but the body in charge of setting the rules should consider allowing a simple veil. Obviously, the type that covers the full face is a different thing entirely.

8 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by chiagozien(m): 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2017
God pls give us freedom we want to leave their islamic nigeria for them.

You Yoruba muslim that is reading my comment over to you.

9 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by FriendNG: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrDude:

Ban Islam! Demolish the mosques and kick Muslims out of the country - giving them a chance to abandon their cult of course. 

Before any mod move to hide this post let's us be clear to ourselves here, I have written fact!

You made me laugh. Because Nigeria belongs to Christians?

10 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by FriendNG: 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
olasaad:

Gbam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by ItsTutsi(m): 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
hahahah u should have said SE,it would have sound more logical..u have obviously been smoking the same weed the pigdiot cownu was smoking
FriendNG:

You made me laugh. Because Nigeria belongs to Christians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by FriendNG: 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
ItsTutsi:
hahahah u should have said SE,it would have sound more logical..u have obviously been smoking the same weed the pigdiot cownu was smoking

Yau kuma ni xakai attacking? Go and reread my post Otondo corper shun.
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Mantain(m): 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
Islam teaches modesty and she is only oppressed because of this. God isvwith you my sister.

9 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by skedman(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
MrDude:
Islam and confusion are like Siamese twins connected by brain. It's becoming even more glaring by the hour that Satan himself; the great "confusionist" its a Muslim. If ever there was a Satan to begin with.
which of the religion is more confused. Your religion that has know unity. You critise yourselves. Cele will talk,jehovah witness,catholic and so on.
with evidence on my street you tend to find up to 10 churches.
The dressing code for the christain women is worse to the extent that they use handkerchief to cover thier hair on a sunday
Daddy frezze is becoming popular because of all the immoral act of the so call ed pastor .
you now saw a lady that graduated and passed the law school that stood on the ground based on her mode of dressing with reference to her religion. She never dressed nude nor indecent.you can never see a christain lady that will stand on her ground based on her religion .

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by ItsTutsi(m): 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
hahah wai Kai ne! grin cheesy ai ban ma duba op din ba Kafin inyi commenting grin cheesy
FriendNG:

Yau kuma ni xakai attacking? Go and reread my post Otondo corper shun.
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by MrDude: 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
skedman:
which of the religion is more confused. Your religion that has know unity. You critise yourselves. Cele will talk,jehovah witness,catholic and so on.
with evidence on my street you tend to find up to 10 churches.
The dressing code for the christain women is worse to the extent that they use handkerchief to cover thier hair on a sunday
Daddy frezze is becoming popular because of all the immoral act of the so call ed pastor .
you now saw a lady that graduated and passed the law school that stood on the ground based on her mode of dressing with reference to her religion. She never dressed nude nor indecent.you can never see a christain lady that will stand on her ground based on her religion .

Couldn't read through all that.. Be a little more comprehensive next time.

What brings Christianity into this na? At least around Christians I don't feel threatened speaking my mind. You think for one second there will be a Muslim Daddy freeze? Not even in the next world grin now Listen up kiddo, just picture Daddy freeze a Muslim criticizing Islam, trust me he wouldn't see 2018. His head would have been separated from his body a long time ago by now.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
She should be called to sharia bar or any other "bar".. i dont think there would be hitches with that.

Since the days of lord luggard, with the multitude of past and previous scholars, distinctive and outstanding merit students, exceptional figures with accolades adorned over their walls, yet they abide to the rules and law..

And now not even the best candidate wants to change the norm without a superior argument but religious sentimental attachment which has been the bane of Nigeria's growth..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Blue3k(m): 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
Dumb move they will simply not call you yo bar. All these women know from day one what dress code is and they want to complain. You don't have to be a lawyer.

7 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by kings09(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
Na by force? Please fight for a sharia bar association where u can have a filled day as a sharia lawyer.

Wat is wrong wit fanatic muslims sef.

Seems they make love wit their clothes on or do they shower wit d hijab on?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by bilms(m): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
Intolerance, Discrimination and Sentiments
By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

In a multi cultural and multi religious society like Nigeria, violation of basic rights breeds chaos and disobedience.

While discrimination, especially on the basis of religion causes disunity among people, sentiments on the other hand, causes fracture and motivate the feeling of revenge.

This is why every lover of peace and unity must at all times, be sensitive to the basic rights of others and not be seen as obstacle for no just cause.

Following my publication on the hijab controversy at the Nigerian law school few days ago, titled ‘’Nigerian Law School and the need for change’’, several people had reached out to me to give their views on the subject matter. In view of the numerous messages, I feel that i owe them further explanation in the interest of public good. So, this publication is a follow up to the first one, hoping that people might learn to understand the implication of their actions and its effect on peaceful coexistence, which will directly or indirectly have effect on their own living.

Apart from the fact that hijab is a legal right, already upheld in several court in the country, what we are contending with is our level of intolerance, discrimination and sentiments, not for any personal good or benefit, but for the satisfaction of bias.
The idea that people who share different faith, culture or tradition must not be accommodated or their rights not be protected is a fundamental flaw in our reasoning that must not be left unchallenged. This is an archaic reasoning in all ramifications.

For example, in February 2017, the Court of Appeal Lagos Division dismissed an application filed by the Lagos State Government seeking an injunction to suspend Hijab use by Muslim female pupils in public schools. While dismissing the suite, the Judge held that the ban on hijab was discriminatory. The panel upheld the contention that the ban violated their rights to freedom of thought, conscience, religion, dignity of human persons and freedom from discrimination guaranteed by the 1999 Constitution. So, there is no argument on whether or not, hijab is a right. The contention is about our level of intolerance, discrimination and sentiments.

When I see people opposing the use of hijab, I ask myself only one question. On what basis are they opposing it? Does wearing hijab by one person, infringes the right of the other person who don’t want to wear it? If not, how does the person who enjoys the right of not using hijab, justify his or her opposition to those who want to wear it? Only one answer surfaces here and it is intolerance.

Unfortunately, by opposing hijab, you are not fighting for your own right, but instead, fighting against the right of others. This is really a dangerous mindset, not against the people you oppose per se, but against your own self, because the same reasoning you use to justify your opposition to the rights of others will be brought into the quality of decisions you make for yourself.

But here is even a greater danger. When you oppose the right of others for no sane reason or benefits to you, they will also oppose you for no sane reason or benefit to them when the opportunity comes. Both of you would then continue to oppose each other for no sane reason, thereby leading to unnecessary tension, suspicion and even violence. This is what has breed insecurity in our country. The unnecessary suspicion manifest in virtually every aspect of our lives and it continues to escalate and breed tension even in the most unexpected places.

I have observed over the years that most of the conflicts we have in Nigeria are not real conflicts, they are mostly unnecessary conflicts born out of nothing and to achieve nothing. More importantly, they cannot be resolved, because they are nothing. You cannot resolve nothing, when there is nothing. Our conflicts are imaginary, born out of psychological misconception and the need to oppose others for opposition sake. This is why even those who claimed to be human right activists or lawyers fall into this ditch of inconsistency without seeing their bias. From claiming to be proponent of rule of law, they will take a 360 degree U-turn against the right of others and still feel the need to justify their absurdity.

For example, just few months ago, we defended the right of a female Muslim Central Bank Deputy Governor Aisha Ahmad, who chooses not to wear hijab, but today, those who defended her right not to use hijab are the same set of people are opposing the right of another female Muslim, who chooses to wear hijab. How can one lady have the right not wear hijab, and the other won’t have the right to wear it? This is where the inconsistency in activism comes in. It appeared they are not really interested in the law or the rightness of an action, but merely taking a position that is only consistent with their sentiment, interest or affiliation at a particular time.

On a final note, let me remind us all that, if we oppose other peoples right because it infringes on our own right, this is understandable. If we also oppose other people’s practices because it prevents us from practicing ours, this may also be understandable. And even if we oppose the right of others because it affects our own interest, that maybe acceptable as well. But, what could never be understandable is the fact that, we oppose other people’s right, not because it infringes on ours or prevent us from enjoying our own interest, but simply because we do not want others to enjoy their own right. This is a disjointed reasoning that we must expunge from our society if we are to achieve cohesion, stability and tranquility.

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat is a Human Rights Ambassador and Executive Director of Foundation for Peace Professionals. He can be reached at discus4now@gmail.com

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by MrHenshaw: 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
bilms:

Let me just keep quiet 4Religion of peace

2 Likes

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by alBHAGDADI: 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
mynd44 move this to the career section.

1 Like

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by bilms(m): 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2017
wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Sack At Union Bank? / Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / What The Most Suitable Proffession For A Married Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.