Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group (39166 Views)

Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? / Artificial Intelligence And Robotics In Africa. / Survey - People Interested In Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by SoftEng: 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
oluwaseungbless:
plz add me up 08160457776

Welcome oluwaseungbless
We hold our discussions here on Nairaland. We don't use any messaging app group chat.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by SoftEng: 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2018
Geniusist:

Let me get your mail so we can talk better.

Geniusist,

My apologies. I forgot to reply this message.
I have not started work on any challenge. For the past 2 months (even till now), I've had a busy schedule as stated in my earlier comment.

This reply is meant to acknowledge/reply to your earlier comment which should have been done earlier. My apologies.

P.S.
Better late than never.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by SoftEng: 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
zamie:

Thanks SoftEng

I'm currently trying out TensorFlow Lite. It seems promising. I've not delved into ios development yet and I'm also not planning to work with Deeplearn js yet (hate Javascript).

Thanks again, TensorFlow Lite is awesome.

Alright.
All the best with your project.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by SoftEng: 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hello all,

More Machine Learning Challenges currently ongoing:

1. iNaturalist Challenge
An Image Classification challenge with fine-grain image classes (i.e. the various classes of image are similar). The challenge is part of the FGVC5 workshop at CVPR2018 (a Computer Vision conference). It is hosted by Google Research, iNaturalist and VisiPedia on Kaggle. More information can be found in the links below.

Links
Kaggle Link: https://www.kaggle.com/c/inaturalist-2018
Google Research Blogpost: https://research.googleblog.com/2018/03/introducing-inaturalist-2018-challenge.html
Competition Website: https://sites.google.com/view/fgvc5/competitions/inaturalist

2. AI2 Reasoning Challenge (ARC)
The aim of the challenge is to push the frontiers of reasoning in AI / ML systems. The task is to build and train a Question Answering AI system that can answer (United States) [i]grade-school level, multiple-choice science questions[i]. The competition is organised by Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2)

Links
Competition Website: http://data.allenai.org/arc/
Media Publication about competition: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/610521/ai-assistants-dont-have-the-common-sense-to-avoid-talking-gibberish/

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by MYSELF2018: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2018
Please I need someone that has done any research relating to "Development of a unifying theory for Data Mining" to please send me a pm via praisejummy42@gmail.com All I want is the soft copy of your research work with data set, software for running two algorithms, comparing the results from the two algorithms and the summary of the result. Please I am paying 15k for it. Thank you
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by zamie(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2018
MYSELF2018:
Please I need someone that has done any research relating to "Development of a unifying theory for Data Mining" to please send me a pm via praisejummy42@gmail.com All I want is the soft copy of your research work with data set, software for running two algorithms, comparing the results from the two algorithms and the summary of the result. Please I am paying 15k for it. Thank you

I must say that what you are working on is close to impossible. Existing Data mining algorithms always need align with the database architecture. Before we can apply an algorithm on a different database schema, we need to reformulate the database.
The big problem is that data models are not uniform.

Nevertheless, giving this a second thought I would make a suggestion.

If we need to unify the model we need to create sort of an hybrid. A database for all database and a concurrent way to migrate to this new database system. Databases have always improved over the years right from the file system. This can be the new.

Good luck.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by 4kings: 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2018
MYSELF2018:
"Unifying theory of data mining"?
I don't see how that's possible for now.
At the end of the day it will still be selection of best-fit algorithm on some set of categories which might even have a high bias variance based on the dataset.

Besides you are talking of unified theory and also talking on comparing two algorithms, i'm lost.

You can make your research domain based instead of data mining in general or maybe derive hierarchical clusters as "unifying theory" for cluster selection in any dataset(which still isn't as efficient when comparing with Inpedndent component analysis(ICA) on specific problem set).
That's as close as i can think.

Anyways do tell about the outcome of your research or any progress you make.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by 4kings: 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
Hey guys i got to know about this Nokia Bells Lab Research Competition.

The Bell Labs Prize is a competition for innovators from participating countries around the globe that seeks to recognize proposals that ‘change the game’ in the field of information and communications technologies by a factor of 10, and provides selected innovators the unique opportunity to collaborate with Bell Labs researchers to help realize their vision.

Currently 25 days till deadline for registration from today.

And the research lab has won over 10 nobel prize winners for different innovations since inception so they're pretty cool.

Link: https://www.bell-labs.com/prize/

Categories for research include:

Web Applications
Cloud Services
Computational Sciences
Cryptography
Distributed Systems
Mathematics of Networks
Modulation Schemes
Network Architecture
Real-time Analytics
Security
Software-Defined Networks
Sustainability
Wireless Systems
Collaboration Systems
Coding Theory
Data Privacy
Fixed Network Technologies
Information Theory
Network Protocols
Optical Systems or Components
Self-optimizing Networks
Virtualization Technologies
Search Algorithms
RF Design
Inference Systems
... and more
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Wow....

Just finished reading the whole thread and I was so surprised Nigeria had an AI community being surrounded by Web/App/Network devs I thought that was all.

Well I started learning AI like 1 month ago and absolutely love it grin, I have learnt the K-Nearest Neighbour and Perceptron models and am currently learning Decision Trees.

Its so cool the way ML uses maths to create awesome algorithms and the maths being higher than my level(am in JSS3 so we haven't gone that far) has forced me to get further maths textbooks to learn stuff like regression,logarithms and other stuff.

Am just glad to have met people of shared interests grin.

2 Likes

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ive been learning algos under supervised learning but I'm also really curious about reinforcement learning, does anyone here have experience with that?
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by SoftEng: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2018
4kings:
Hey guys i got to know about this Nokia Bells Lab Research Competition.

Currently 25 days till deadline for registration from today.

And the research lab has won over 10 nobel prize winners for different innovations since inception so they're pretty cool.

Link: https://www.bell-labs.com/prize/

Categories for research include:

Thanks 4kings
smiley
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by SoftEng: 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Darivie04:
Ive been learning algos under supervised learning but I'm also really curious about reinforcement learning, does anyone here have experience with that?

Hi Darivie04,

Welcome to the group. We (especially me) have been largely inactive for a while. However, the discussions on the thread serves as good reference and it's nice you read through it.

Now, with respect to Reinforcement Learning (RL), I'm no expert, but I have shared links to very good learning resources in the past (look through pages of the thread). Additionally, let RL people in this group (whether expert or beginner), please share you knowledge.

I'll encourage you to participate in Kaggle Competitions. It's a good way to learn.

Lastly, I'll say what you have done so far is good work. Keep pushing. We need more young people across the country to develop interest in AI. Just a suggestion: If possible, please try to get more of your friends involved in AI. Additionally, if we can have a proper arrangement with your school, it may be possible for someone within this group (that resides within your region) to give a talk at your school to create more awareness about Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.

Thanks all.

P.S.:
I think this is enough reason to let the group discussion continue here and not on messaging platforms. It allows the group to be easily discoverable.

3 Likes

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by omohayek: 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
Darivie04:
If you're really serious about learning the subject, I suggest you start by working your way through the book by Sutton and Barto before starting to even look at anything related to "deep RL".
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 5:26am On Apr 03, 2018
omohayek:

If you're really serious about learning the subject, I suggest you start by working your way through the book by Sutton and Barto before starting to even look at anything related to "deep RL".

I am already using a book that covers supervised and unsupervised methods which I am learning, but I'm just really interested in neural networks and deep learning.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 03, 2018
omohayek:

Thanks you but I already have the book.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by omohayek: 9:03am On Apr 03, 2018
Darivie04:

Thanks you but I already have the book.
You do? Alright then, what is Q-learning? What is partial observability? Can you tell me what the Bellman equation is, and how it works? Please provide the answers to these questions in your own words, instead of regurgitating whatever you can find on Google.

If you have the book, I doubt you've even begun to read it, as otherwise you wouldn't be on here asking such rudimentary questions.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by omohayek: 9:07am On Apr 03, 2018
Darivie04:

I am already using a book that covers supervised and unsupervised methods which I am learning, but I'm just really interested in neural networks and deep learning.
In other words, you're just another dabbler looking to hop on a trend without grasping the fundamentals - if you did, you'd know that "supervised and unsupervised methods" are totally different from reinforcement learning. What you've said is the equivalent of the physics student who is in such a hurry to get to quantum mechanics and general relativity that he doesn't want to be bothered with learning classical mechanics or electromagnetism first; you want to learn how to run before you can even walk.

There are any number of free deep-learning RL tutorials on the web that you can easily find by just Googling for them, so there's no need to waste everybody's time on here asking for pointers to stuff you can dig up yourself - not that you're likely to seriously study any of said tutorials in any case.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
omohayek:

In other words, you're just another dabbler looking to hop on a trend without grasping the fundamentals - if you did, you'd know that "supervised and unsupervised methods" are totally different from reinforcement learning. What you've said is the equivalent of the physics student who is in such a hurry to get to quantum mechanics and general relativity that he doesn't want to be bothered with learning classical mechanics or electromagnetism first; you want to learn how to run before you can even walk.

There are any number of free deep-learning RL tutorials on the web that you can easily find by just Googling for them, so there's no need to waste everybody's time on here asking for pointers to stuff you can dig up yourself - not that you're likely to seriously study any of said tutorials in any case.

You are very funny......

I said I am currently using a book that covers supervised and unsupervised ML algos and that I was interested in deep learning and reinforcement learning, this two sentences are not related, I never said supervised and unsupervised were under reinforcement learning. What I said was I was learning learning some supervised/unsupervised ML algos and would be interested in the future about learning further about deep learning and reinforcement learning for goodness sake!!!

I have no idea what is making you make this irrational assumptions and connections
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
omohayek:

You do? Alright then, what is Q-learning? What is partial observability? Can you tell me what the Bellman equation is, and how it works? Please provide the answers to these questions in your own words, instead of regurgitating whatever you can find on Google.

If you have the book, I doubt you've even begun to read it, as otherwise you wouldn't be on here asking such rudimentary questions.

I told you clearly that I started ML one month ago abi should I learn it all in one month even though I got the book two weeks ago!!

Plus me having the book dosent mean I know everything cover to cover!! I came to this forum looking for people who could help me explain some of those equations and I meet human beings like you just attacking me for no reason!!!

I don't know what is worrying you!
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by omohayek: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
Darivie04:

You are very funny......
On the contrary, you're the one giving rise to unintended humor here, by making vague and contradictory demands, and then acting surprised that others couldn't read your mind to understand whatever it is you were really trying to say.

I said I am currently using a book that covers supervised and unsupervised ML algos and that I was interested in deep learning and reinforcement learning, this two sentences are not related, I never said supervised and unsupervised were under reinforcement learning. What I said was I was learning learning some supervised/unsupervised ML algos and would be interested in the future about learning further about deep learning and reinforcement learning for goodness sake!!!
And when I spent some of my precious free time to point you in the direction of the most important textbook in the field, what was your response? That you already had the book. In that case, why bother asking for more help when you haven't even begun reading the primary source for the subject, a source you claim to already have?

I have no idea what is making you make this irrational assumptions and connections
Has it occurred to you that your own irrational, time-wasting behavior just might have something to do with it? If you already possess the one book most people will tell you to start with, and you haven't even started reading it, what more do you expect them to do, boil it down for you into a few sentences you can digest in 15 minutes?

Personally, I wouldn't even dare to bother others with questions on a topic for which I had a thorough textbook which I hadn't already read cover to cover, but then again I've been raised to treat other people's time as being of just as much value to them as mine is to me.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by omohayek: 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
Darivie04:

I told you clearly that I started ML one month ago abi should I learn it all in one month even though I got the book two weeks ago!!

Plus me having the book dosent mean I know everything cover to cover!! I came to this forum looking for people who could help me explain some of those equations and I meet human beings like you just attacking me for no reason!!!
Oh knock off the paranoia and victimhood! If "attacking" you is pointing out that you've wasted my time, then the term has lost all meaning. You're simply being dishonest when you say that you were "looking for people who could help me explain some of those equations", as you didn't list a single equation for which you were looking for an explanation. I gave you what you said you were looking for, and your response was to say you already had it - but if you'd done anything with the book you claimed to already have, you'd have received better explanations for all the relevant equations than anything you could get on this website.
I don't know what is worrying you!
What is worrying me is that I ever mistook you for someone worth spending even a minute on, instead of seeing you as just another of the many time-wasting dilettantes who litter Nairaland. I'm not even composing this response for your sake, as frankly I don't think you're worth the effort, but to discourage others from behaving in a similar manner as you have. Too many people on this website refuse to do even the most basic homework through Google before they start asking pointless questions.

2 Likes

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
omohayek:

Oh knock off the paranoia and victimhood! If "attacking" you is pointing out that you've wasted my time, then the term has lost all meaning. You're simply being dishonest when you say that you were "looking for people who could help me explain some of those equations", as you didn't list a single equation for which you were looking for an explanation. I gave you what you said you were looking for, and your response was to say you already had it - but if you'd done anything with the book you claimed to already have, you'd have received better explanations for all the relevant equations than anything you could get on this website.

What is worrying me is that I ever mistook you for someone worth spending even a minute on, instead of seeing you as just another of the many time-wasting dilettantes who litter Nairaland. I'm not even composing this response for your sake, as frankly I don't think you're worth the effort, but to discourage others from behaving in a similar manner as you have. Too many people on this website refuse to do even the most basic homework through Google before they start asking pointless questions.

So asking if we have anyone with experience with reinforcement learning that I can ask questions about things I don't fully understand is now pointless?
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by SoftEng: 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
Hi omohayek and Darivie04,

Thank you both for your contributions.
Please no need to argue over trivial issues. Please let's move on, and not go sideways.
I have not read through all comments/replies between both of you. However, I don't think it necessary and looking into who said what.

Anyone interested in Aritificial Intelligence / Machine Learning in Nigeria is very much welcomed here. We should look towards building and learning from each other (and not the other way around).

While we are at it about Reinforcement Learning (RL), a short Intro to RL video was published recently on youtube. I found the link on reddit on today (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgvyzIkgxF0).

Thanks all.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2018
But of course you blame it on me....

We were having a calm conversation before you started with your rude replies, the only question I've asked since entering this group is if we have any one with reinforcement learning experience cause even if someone has a textbook In school he would still need to meet his teacher to explain some things

And upon the fact you made false assumptions on what I said and said rather mean things about it your still saying its my fault?
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
-
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 5:07am On Apr 04, 2018
SoftEng:

Please no need to argue over trivial issues. Please let's move on, and not go sideways.
I have not read through all comments/replies between both of you. However, I don't think it necessary and looking into who said what.

Anyone interested in Aritificial Intelligence / Machine Learning in Nigeria is very much welcomed here. We should look towards building and learning from each other (and not the other way around).

While we are at it about Reinforcement Learning (RL), a short Intro to RL video was published recently on youtube. I found the link on reddit on today (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgvyzIkgxF0).

Thanks all.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by omohayek: 9:46am On Apr 04, 2018
Darivie04:

I'm not even arguing again I think the guy must either have some personal/mental problems to just get aggressive like one animal and we all know there's no point arguing with someone who can never say sorry even when they see their wrong and have made a mistake...

Praise God my research has shown I'm not the first person to point out he has a rude attitude on nairaland and that he's the type of person that comes to nairaland to fight and insult almost everyone he sees like one agbero(just read his past posts and see)

Sometimes I wonder how aggressive monkeys like this will ever become successful in lifewink

Just cause he offered me book I already had grin
Look at the pot calling the kettle black: every single one of the insults you've made were pretty much describing the sort of inconsequential, trifling, low IQ individual you are. Unlike you, I actually make my living in the very field you claim to wish to learn about, so becoming "successful in life" is something I will never have to worry about - which is more than an abusive, time-wasting clown of your type will ever boast of.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by omohayek: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2018
SoftEng:

Thanks all.
I think you can see from the buffoon's subsequent responses that I was totally correct in my assessment of him. The sad thing is that I am in fact currently an active practitioner in the very field of reinforcement-learning, making a very good living working at it full-time, and usually I simply ignore the wasteland that is Nairaland's programming section, but on the rare occasion when I do take enough of an interest to comment, I run into rude, lazy, unintelligent wastrels who remind me why I never bother commenting here in the first place.

It is frankly no skin off my back if this place remains a playground for idiots, as it's not as if I had anything to learn about machine-learning from anyone on here. The real losers are the few who might have had a serious interest in learning the subject, had bothered to do their initial homework accordingly, and were now looking for pointers on how to go beyond the basics; nobody with any real expertise will waste his or her time in a forum populated by lazy cretins who ask for questions they'd already have the answers to if they'd simply bothered to read the books they claimed to own.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
Darivie04:

I'm not even arguing again I think the guy must either have some personal/mental problems to just get aggressive like one animal and we all know there's no point arguing with someone who can never say sorry even when they see their wrong and have made a mistake...

Praise God my research has shown I'm not the first person to point out he has a rude attitude on nairaland and that he's the type of person that comes to nairaland to fight and insult almost everyone he sees like one agbero(just read his past posts and see)

Sometimes I wonder how aggressive monkeys like this will ever become successful in lifewink

Just cause he offered me book I already had grin
OK this has gone on way too long and I don't want to be the cause of this.

When I made the above reply I was very angry and annoyed with you for the way you treated me and shouldn't have replied in such state.
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
Darivie04:

OK this has gone on way too long and I don't want to be the cause of this.

When I made the above reply I was very angry and annoyed with you for the way you treated me and shouldn't have replied in such state.

What annoyed me was that you took me for someone who wasn't serious with ML which I am very serious aboit even though I have web devs and app devs saying I should stop and join them.

And about reinforcement learning I did do my _homework_ before and do grasp the main concept (environment, state,reward) but whenever the author of the book tries to explain things with equations I get lost which was why I asked for someone with experience and why I said my maths wasn't so advanced.

But then when you started calling me a dabbler bla bla bla I felt very hurt which was why I said the insults in my previous posts which I am also sorry for.

I'm actually very serious about ML and reinforcement learning though you might not think so
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
Finally even if i admit I could have done better homework on reinforcement learning, the way you told me I felt like I was getting attacked even though you might not think so it was just how I felt.

I will take your advice though to do more research but really I was just looking for someone who I could ask questions as they are explaining which I can't do online.

I hope I have been able to show you my points....
Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by 4kings: 11:14am On Apr 05, 2018
What nonsense happened here...
Guys let's not derail this thread.
We can all learn and be of help to one another.
No need to fight over trivial matters abeg...

Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala and the mods of this section(if they are still alive; Javanian kodewrita and lordZOUGA ) please help delete some of the comments they are so cringy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here / Java Programming For Dummies / Nigerian Software Engineer given test to prove he is an engineer at JFK Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.