Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry (27785 Views)

What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss. / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
I can't see any sense in the write up, so because she want to become a lawyer she should disobey her God? Do you remember this so called education or profession come from the west, yet the westerners are tolerating every religion because they feel their should be freedom of religion. Have you been to shell even in Nigeria here where the Indians where their turbans because that's what they belief and it's not disturbing their performance. Am a Muslim and am a nurse,I will rather where and tuck in my hijab inside the uniform to prevent it from touching my uniform rather than wearing a bogus and dangling hair that is against the ethics of my profession. Sentiment is what is killing Africans, the world itself is peaceful only if we can learn how to tolerate each other.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by haibe(m): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
ayinba1:

Don't people understand that the law itself prohibits the NBA from asking her to remove her hijab? These discussions are unreal and Nigeria has got a long way to go.

Hate won't win.
its not abt the law. Its abt adhering to your professional code and conduct whethet explicitly stated or implied.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by jonnytad(m): 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
Mrmoore14:
[color=#990000][/color]

Is a constitutional right not to put on hijab during call to bar Mature in ur critics bra
I think am not saying otherwise. .... Open your brain bra. Hahahahahah.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by ayinba1(f): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
haibe:
its not abt the law. Its abt adhering to your professional code and conduct whethet explicitly stated or implied.

Now I am totally confused. The law should therefore bend to the professional code, abi?
Are you a lawyer as well because Nigerian lawyers do scare me...
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by ayinba1(f): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pylony:
And who her hijab don epp self. This is too jareness.

And who has the hijab hurt?

Some of you peeps need beta blocker to cure your hate! After some peeps, na KKK!
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Chevronstaff:
This Hijab issue is so hilarious! Your WCW spent 5 years in the University studying THE LAW, spent an extra year at the LAW SCHOOL to know THE LAW. Then on the D day, she decided to break THE LAW? She played herself. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's....
Very true.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by ImaIma1(f): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
Chuksemi:
I discussed this issue with a learned friend and he said the same thing.

It is disheartening to see supposed learned gentlemen and women give sentimental verdicts on this very trivial issue.

Can u really say these Muslims are learned? Most of them are still imprisoned by their religious inclinations and it doesn't let them reason like learned people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Iamzik: 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:
If going naked is your right, please understand that covering is the right of a Muslim woman.

Fact

Nice picture. Please advise all Muslims to go study law in whatever country where that picture was taken.

Everyone of us have rights that are protected by the constitution but you let go some of those rights when you join an organization with rules that you have pledged to abide by.

You have the right to buy, own and posses books as a student right? You can carry your books with you in school and read anytime you wish.... When it's time to write exams how come you give up that right for few hours without quoting section 38 to your invigilators and lecturers??

A rule is a rule. Leave religion out of this!!

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by haibe(m): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
ayinba1:

Now I am totally confused. The law should therefore bend to the professional code, abi?
Are you a lawyer as well because Nigerian lawyers do scare me...

She is not breaking any law by wearing the Hijab, she is simply not adhering to professional codes and conducts.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by alexmaye(m): 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
mikool007:
They now beating chest like it is a worthy cause, is it petty and stup*d
it looks as if you lack sense oya receive sense
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by mikool007(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
alexmaye:
it looks as if you lack sense oya receive sense
i just pity you people, your mentality is so raw and ancient i doubt your ability thrive in this modern age
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by holatunji65: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
A Non Muslim came to a Muslim and asked: Why do your women cover up their bodies

The Muslim smiled and got two sweets, he opened the first one and kept the other one closed. He threw them both on the dusty floor and asked the Non Muslim: If I asked you to take one of the sweets from the floor,which one will you take

The Non Muslim replied: The covered one of course

The Muslim said: That's how we treat and see our women,,,,....
So I don't know what you guys business... Think of this You will see your answer there...

1 Like

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by dukecharles(m): 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
maasoap:

So, wearing hijab is the only thing that makes her Muslim in your eyes? As long as she's not wearing hijab, she's not a Muslim to you and her judgement will be okay to you. Faulty reasoning ability, you can do better.

The same way you will allow a man to arrest you because he is wearing police uniform, accept judgement from the judge because of his regalia, is the same way I will believe that a judgment passed by a Hijab wearing jury against me as Christian in favour of a Muslim is not Objective and dispassionate. Religion cannot mix with the law in a secular state like Nigeria.
You see, your reasoning is still low or maybe you 're a blind begot.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 12:39am On Dec 30, 2017
JackBizzle:
You have always been an apathetic somebody.
Apathetic, is a mild word. He is also the Minister of banning and vindictiveness, who punishes those that retaliate, but ignores the prime offender who breached the rules from the start.

Kindly note that the word vindictiveness, as used in this context is not an insult, but a description.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 12:42am On Dec 30, 2017
Bari22:
If going naked is your right, please understand that covering is the right of a Muslim woman.

Fact
The same Muslim woman who is not allowed to practise as a lawyer, in the Sharia court?? shocked
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 12:51am On Dec 30, 2017
olarid01:
Believe me bro, if you talk Like this, Walai, you don't really know what Islam is. Please do take your ibadah more seriously and seek more knowledge about your religion so you don't keep making this kind of erroneous assertion.

There is nothing erroneous in his assertion. Firdaus knew exactly what the dress code of the law school entailed, and was also aware of the proper form of dressing for lawyers. She signed the forms promising to abide by the rules and regulation of the law school, when she entered. Why didn't she object at that point, that she wanted to wear hijab?

Why wait till after law school and throw a tantrum on the day of the call to bar, over a hijab? Hijab....is a word that is not even mentioned in the Quran.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 12:54am On Dec 30, 2017
zakari247:
thank you brother, they should all convince the Muslims the not wearing hijab it not a Christian thing. they want us to look just like they do but we refuse to wear their identity. thumbs up to Firdausi cuz after her case every other Muslim girl will proudly wear their identity without been discriminated by educated fools.
What is unclad, about a lawyers attire? Honestly, you people are making that Firdaus out to be some kind of heroine, when in actual fact she is a law breaker who cannot follow simple rules, she signed up for!
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 12:55am On Dec 30, 2017
maasoap:
Why must a Muslim girl remove her hijab before she can practise law in Nigeria? Is there anything offensive about it?
And why must she wear a hijab, before she can practise law in Nigeria? Is there anything defective about her head, or the lawyer's wig??
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 1:06am On Dec 30, 2017
dabeto:
Small scarf? grin
You don't understand steathiness in Islam. It starts with "small scarf" and then grow to that gown that you won't even see the eyes again....better nip it at the bud now to avoid greater problem of insecurity tomorrow.
tongue

Na true, o! Tomorrow, they will say it is not just hijab they want to wear, but niqab and burqa. That is how these things start.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 1:10am On Dec 30, 2017
zakari247:
if ever that happens and she is not call to bar then we will introduce a doctrine that will disobey every court ruling in Nigeria that every Muslim will take them for granted. and courts will gossip centers while judges will judge on cases of the Christians in Nigeria.
You want to disobey court rulings, yet when things do not work in your favour, you will run back to the same court to get relief. undecided

Learn from El- Zakzaky's case. A man does not go blindly into mindless confrontation against the state, and get away with it. Or have you forgotten that the courts, are an arm of the state,?
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 1:19am On Dec 30, 2017
sherifato:
I can't see any sense in the write up, so because she want to become a lawyer she should disobey her God? Do you remember this so called education or profession come from the west, yet the westerners are tolerating every religion because they feel their should be freedom of religion. Have you been to shell even in Nigeria here where the Indians where their turbans because that's what they belief and it's not disturbing their performance. Am a Muslim and am a nurse,I will rather where and tuck in my hijab inside the uniform to prevent it from touching my uniform rather than wearing a bogus and dangling hair that is against the ethics of my profession. Sentiment is what is killing Africans, the world itself is peaceful only if we can learn how to tolerate each other.
Nobody is asking you to wear a bogus hair style. You can always have a low cut, if you wish. All we are saying is that there is an approved dress code and outfit, that a lawyer is expected to wear in court. And hijab is NOT a part of the prescribed outfit. You people sneaked the hijab into the medical profession, and people kept quiet. So you think you can do the same with the law?

And wearing the hijab, does not make any female, a better professional, in any way. Hijabi nurses and doctors, in general hospitals are touchy, rude and dismissive most times.

Firdaus even used her hand to sign up for that dress code, and promised to abide by the rules of the law school. Why did she do that, if she already knew she would break their rules, a few months down the line? It reeks of hypocrisy.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by olarid01: 8:02am On Dec 30, 2017
Vivere:

There is nothing erroneous in his assertion. Firdaus knew exactly what the dress code of the law school entailed, and was also aware of the proper form of dressing for lawyers. She signed the forms promising to abide by the rules and regulation of the law school, when she entered. Why didn't she object at that point, that she wanted to wear hijab?

Why wait till after law school and throw a tantrum on the day of the call to bar, over a hijab? Hijab....is a word that is not even mentioned in the Quran.

Really? Not mentioned?
*****shakes head*******
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by maasoap(m): 8:33am On Dec 30, 2017
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by maasoap(m): 8:33am On Dec 30, 2017
Vivere:

And why must she wear a hijab, before she can practise law in Nigeria? Is there anything defective about her head, or the lawyer's wig??
You have no right to tell a Muslim girl to wear hijab or not to, whether her head is defective or not. It is called human right under the Nigeria Constitution.
An BTW: she didn't use hijab as a substitute for wig. You should seek understanding of the topic before putting your mouth so that you don't look like a fool.
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by maasoap(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2017
Vivere:

Na true, o! Tomorrow, they will say it is not just hijab they want to wear, but niqab and burqa. That is how these things start.
But you are helpless in this case. Or, what can you do?
Re: Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry by Vivere: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2017
maasoap:
You have no right to tell a Muslim girl to wear hijab or not to, whether her head is defective or not. It is called human right under the Nigeria Constitution.
An BTW: she didn't use hijab as a substitute for wig. You should seek understanding of the topic before putting your mouth so that you don't look like a fool.
No sir, you are the one whose response has actually made you look like a fool. Why didn't Firdaus voice out her decision about putting on her hijab under the wig and gown, when she was at undergraduate level? Why didn't she raise a fuss when she entered law school? Wasn't she a Muslim girl then? Why did she wait until the day of the call to bar ceremony to start her tantrums? Was it on that day, that she realised she was a Muslim girl? Try and seek understanding before you jump into a topic to argue blindly....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? / I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army / 7 Small Things You Should Do To Be Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.