Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow (21540 Views)

''Atiku Can’t Bring The Change Nigeria Needs'' — Oby Ezekwesili / PDP Presidential Ticket: Atiku Gives Condition To Support Whoever Emerges Winner / Presidential Ticket: Atiku Won’t Disregard Jonathan’s Advice On Obasanjo,..aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by afroniger: 5:08am On Dec 17, 2017
http://sunnewsonline.com/pdp-presidential-ticket-atiku-cant-stop-us-lamido-shekarau-makarfi-vow/

— 17th December 2017
By Ismail Omipidan

The political tremor set off by the return of former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, to the Peoples Democratic Party, where, it is widely believed, he would seek the 2019 presidential ticket, may not ease off soon.

Since his defection to the party about two weeks ago, political alignments and realignments have been ongoing within the PDP and between some members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and some PDP members.

Although the then PDP leadership under former Kaduna State governor, Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi, was alleged to have provided him a “soft landing” by dissolving the Adamawa State caretaker committee, to enable Atiku’s men take over the structure of the party while still hanging on in the APC at the time, the statement from the party’s leadership shortly after his defection that there was no automatic ticket for the Adamawa-born politician is a clear indication that Atiku is not likely to get the ticket on a gold platter.

Neither would his ambition dim the light on the aspiration of other members of the party, who are also believed to be interested in seeking the presidential ticket.

Interestingly, the Makarfi was the first man who came out in the open to say that Atiku posed no threat to any of the presidential hopefuls on the platform of the PDP.

Although he has not formally signified interest in the race, Sunday Sun can authoritatively confirm that Makarfi will run.

Barely 72 hours to the PDP national convention, there had been reports in sections of the media insinuating Makarfi had interest in seeking to fly the PDP’s flag in 2019. Makarfi dismissed the insinuation in the media reports as not true.

In a statement signed on his behalf by his spokesman, Mukhtar Zubairu Sirajo, the former Kaduna State governor said: “The fact is that the senator was asked what threat the return of Atiku Abubakar to the party portends to the aspirations of others who had either made their intentions known or those, who, like him were rumoured to be nursing such ambition.

“His answer was that Atiku’s return would not, in any way adversely affect the rights of any member of the party to aspire to any position, adding that there were no preconditions to the return as Atiku Abubakar did not ask for, neither did the party offer any concessions to him beforehand.

“Senator Ahmed Makarfi wishes to assure the teeming members and supporters of the PDP and indeed the entire country that his own major preoccupation at the moment is to discharge the responsibility given to him to lead the process of repositioning the party, which he hopes will culminate in the conduct of a very credible and transparent convention. This is what matters the most to him at this moment.”

After the convention penultimate Saturday, sources close to him confirmed to Sunday Sun that he would indeed run and that he would make the intention known at the appropriate time.

Asked further if Makarfi does not feel threatened by Atiku’s return to the PDP, one of the sources said that there was no way Atiku could stop Makarfi’s ambition.

“He has always believed that power belongs to God. In 2007, when PDP governors rooted for him, but someone else was chosen, he fell in line like a good party man that he is and behaved as if nothing happened. He supported the person that was chosen because he believes you cannot get something by force. So he will go into the contest with the same disposition,” the source added. On his part former Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, who has since notified party stakeholders and has visited former Nigerian leaders and consulted and still consulting with prominent Nigerians, including former defence minister, General TY Danjuma (retd), told Sunday Sun that if Allah says he would be the next president after President Muhammadu Buhari, nothing can change it.

Reacting through one of his aides, Kyari Jitau, the former governor noted that from day one he knew that he would not be the only one seeking the party’s ticket and was, therefore, prepared to compete with anyone.

“Recall the event of his meeting with state chairmen of the party. He said he knew others would also join in the race, but urged the stakeholders to ensure that they choose the best for the party and for the country.

“And at the risk of sounding immodest I don’t see anyone who is capable of constituting a threat to him in the party. Historically, he started politics before all of them. Therefore, ideologically, he stands out. We have seen what he can do with his experiment in Jigawa. That is why they refer to him as a good repairer. So we need him to help repair Nigeria.

“Like some analysts say, PDP needs someone who can break the votes in Kano and Kaduna axis. Alhaji Sule Lamido looks good to make that happen. He is a party man to the core. He’s got the political capacity and sagacity to turn the tide against the APC if given the opportunity by the party. So we leave everything to God and to the party. Only God gives power,” Kyari declared.

Former Kano State governor, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, said he was battle ready. And like others, he also said the ultimate decision rested with God.

Speaking through his media aide, Sule Ya’u Sule, the 2011 presidential candidate on the platform of the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), said: “We are battle ready. We ran in 2003 for governorship, we had no money, but we won. We ran in 2007 for a second term, and despite the odds against us, God made it possible. We have run for the presidency before and so we are not threatened by Atiku’s return to the PDP. Ultimately it is the electorate that will decide. We rely on God and not anyone else. We are in the race, there is no going back,” he said.

Long before former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar defected to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he left no one in doubt that he was prepared to run for the presidency again in 2019.

Sunday Sun gathered that Atiku had sought to “seize” the structure of the party in the state to avoid a repeat of what happened to him in 2011 and 2015 at the PDP and APC presidential primaries respectively.

In 2011, Atiku lost Adamawa State delegates to the then President Goodluck Jonathan as Murtala Nyako, the then governor, ensured that all the delegates voted for Jonathan. Again in 2015, Atiku lost Adamawa delegates to his rivals. All these, it was further learnt, made him reason that once he had control of the party in the state, it would be easy to get their loyalty and votes.

Regardless, Atiku needs more than Adamawa delegates to pick the coveted PDP presidential ticket.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by princeade86(m): 5:15am On Dec 17, 2017
buh at the end, all of u wil gv him. We all knw ur game

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by agwom(m): 5:18am On Dec 17, 2017
grin grin
Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by princeade86(m): 5:27am On Dec 17, 2017
looking 4 power by all means to play revenge on any of ur enemies is killing dis country. Many of them dnt av gud intension to we citizens. Just like d current president.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by python1: 5:31am On Dec 17, 2017
Lamido, Shekarau and Makarfi, is it that you guys don't know we have already endorsed Atichukwu as our only savior? angry Better behave yourselves before you incur the wrath of Shuku kerewawa. Pls allow our tested and trusted trained fighters to rest.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by GoldCircle: 5:42am On Dec 17, 2017
Let the primaries decide. As it is, I’m thinking it will be a battle between Atiku and Lamido.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by Bede2u(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2017
This is Atiku's turn...Lamido and Markafi can wait nxt time.

Sending Buhari out of Aso Rock is a divine mandate

9 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by Fmartin(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2017
arsenal team in 2020 under wenger.
H.Loris
Debuchy
Kolcieny
Umtiti
Kurzawa
N'zonzi
Kante
Lemar
Fekilr
Mbappe
Lacazette
grin

5 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by ProWalker: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2017
Those miscreants east of the Niger will be confused now, their current slave masters are confusing them on who to slave for

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by Bolustical: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2017
The Atichukwus will disagree

Same people who called Yorubas slaves because their son is the VP to a northerner are the ones licking Atikus balls for VP.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by pol23: 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Just give Atiku the ticket.
No time for all this primaries and intra party campaign.
Let the party focus straight....
Brand Atiku.
Together We will correct the 2015 mistake.
I just want to see my beloved country claiming her title has the Giant of Africa and beyond.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by hobermener: 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
F
Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by Offpoint: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
I seriously hate the sexual pattern of these 2 domestic animals.
1. Chicken: how on earth will I ran, through fire, water, jump fence, jump into and out of hot soup, ran and exhaust all my energy, then when I finally get her... I'd just climbed her for less than 10 seconds and "shake body"...Seriously WTF.
2.Goat: firstly I'll sniff urine, in less than seconds the oozing odour hits my brain and I loss my sense of reasoning, then I start shouting like a hopeless idiotts... and here comes the running and chasing part... see I have to stop here. like WTF.
I've no business with Nigeria Politics.

Spaxon I'm not relenting.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by Danladi7: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
Time for Atikuchukwu to return the almanjiri zoo urine and return back to Nnamdi kanu urine they betrayed for hausa fulani own in the grave grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by mrvitalis(m): 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ribadu would get pdp to aso Rock easily

Can't they just see it ??

2 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by BornAgainMay: 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
angry

I am atikulating the Chukwu...
Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by bedspread: 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
MAY THE BEST MAN PICK THE TICKET....
THE PROJECT IS TO SEND PMB BACK TO DAURA FARM, KATSINA STATE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by 9free(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
Whatever Fashola, Osibanjo and PMB are doing to keep the Lights on since November, may it never fail.
May God continue to keep those men.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by kindnyce(m): 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Whatever they do,they've not fielded a Viable and credible candidate to unseat PMB yet!
So,therefore they're still learners.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by hucienda: 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Battle Royale! cheesy
Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by pol23: 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
9free:
Whatever Fashola, Osibanjo and PMB are doing to keep the Lights on since November, may it never fail.
May God continue to keep those men.
Are you blind,Deaf or both?
In Tekno song....Nepa no bring light oo,generator won tear my ear...
A popular producer recently open up on how much he spent monthly to power his office...
I currently run on approx 12k monthly ..like 8-12 pm daily.
Man no fit on ordinary fan sleep...you can't even stock up your fridge even if you have the money.
Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by slawomir: 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
ok
Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by Davuv: 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ok
Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by Jones4190(m): 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2017
@75......

Opposition never doubted your character.

Opposition never questioned your integrity.

Opposition never questioned your frugal lifestyle.

Opposition will never question your love for the poor.

Opposition never questioned your patriotism.

Opposition will never question your sincerity.

Opposition will never question your doggedness.

Your love for country Nigeria is unbeatable.

Recently, opposition started ultimate search in Northern Nigeria for someone like you.

You are the standard for all political parties as we journey into activities for 2019 general election.

When it comes to war, you are a general, when it comes to love, you are a father to all

Your contentment is a standard in all religion.

With the above consensus,

I will remain your blind follower. I have seen enough and it is time to enjoy blindness under you.

Happy birthday and many happy returns Mr President

(c) okokobioko

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by uwa1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ok we are watching....
Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by Idrismusty97(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
Atiku wouldn't even win the primaries, He will port to another party. The most likely people to clinch the presidential ticket is Markafi or Lamido. Those are loyalist, How can you leave the party and just return to claim the ticket? While you were gone Markafi and Lamido were rebuilding the party and preparing it for next election. Since it is certain Buhari will likely contest then after that the presidential ticket in APC will be zoned to the South West most likely, Atiku only choice is to come back to PDP which have already zone the ticket to the North. The only time Atiku will pose a challenge is in 2023 when the APC presidential candidate would be from the South and PDP will still want to use a Northern candidates to lure northerner votes. It will be a close call but APC will still win by then, That is if he is still alive and vying for the presidential post.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by dieBYfire: 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Bolustical:
The Atichukwus will disagree

Same people who called Yorubas slaves because their son is the VP to a northerner are the ones licking Atikus balls for VP.

Are you the idiot on duty on Sunday's ? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Presidential Ticket : Atiku Can’t Stop Us – Lamido, Shekarau, Makarfi Vow by lost24: 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Let d game begin

Atiku no vex
U can't just come and jump back into a party wen u c dat it d only choice u av to b a president.
I pray u lose d primary election let c ur next move

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun State Government Imposes 10pm - 6pm Curfew On Wednesday And Thursday / RRS Team And Taskforce Patrols Lagos, Assures Residents Of Safety / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.