Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,773 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View (1454 Views)

Niger Film... Hmmm / Blossom Comedy – Street View(body Move Dance) / This Guy Is More Concerned About What He Saw In Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by ahless(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2017
Am still in shock nlright now images below

Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by AntiWailer: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2017
So what do you want to achieve with this ?
Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by Oksman(m): 8:16am On Dec 17, 2017
"Eye in the sky"
Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by ExAngel007(f): 8:37am On Dec 17, 2017
haha ah

sure isn't you Sir ?
Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by RapportNaija(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2017
Hahaha my life grin grin angry

Lalasticlala come and see something.
Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by Oblitz(m): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2017
chai! it's true o! just checked now

1 Like

Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by ahless(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2017
ExAngel007:
haha ah

sure isn't you Sir ?
No ma
Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by flames007(m): 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
Please someone should enlighten me.I know tech has advanced at a mind buggling quantum pace.but I don't really understand how a satellite can take such a clear video coverage of places on the earth's surface like the one op just posted.
I'm particularly interested in the second pics cos it seemed to me like the camera(or whatever) was not taken by something that was taken from high above but rather on ground level.

I wish for an answer.please make my wish come through.
Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by Perciel: 12:30am On Dec 21, 2017
flames007:
Please someone should enlighten me.I know tech has advanced at a mind buggling quantum pace.but I don't really understand how a satellite can take such a clear video coverage of places on the earth's surface like the one op just posted.
I'm particularly interested in the second pics cos it seemed to me like the camera(or whatever) was not taken by something that was taken from high above but rather on ground level.

I wish for an answer.please make my wish come through.

Never stop being curious and wanting to know, it will take you places . smiley

You are correct in your assumptions, Google Street view pictures and 3D images are taken primarily with Google Cars: these have advanced camera mounted on their roofs to capture both still and 3D images, they simply drive following Mapped routes and GPS locations while the cameras work and they collate the information.
This matches your assumption that they were taken at street level....
In other areas that are secluded, they use helmet mounted cameras on Bikers and handheld high tripods for areas completely inaccessible or off limits to transports such as monuments, parks, courseways etc...
In advanced climes, they may utilize fixed CCTV gigs in collaboration with local authorities....
So keep your eyes peeled....
You might see an odd car with Google Maps emblazoned on its side, that's the real deal... grin

2 Likes

Re: Hmmm What I Saw In Google Street View by flames007(m): 7:36am On Dec 21, 2017
Perciel:

Never stop being curious and wanting to know, it will take you places . smiley

You are correct in your assumptions, Google Street view pictures and 3D images are taken primarily with Google Cars: these have advanced camera mounted on their roofs to capture both still and 3D images, they simply drive following Mapped routes and GPS locations while the cameras work and they collate the information.
This matches your assumption that they were taken at street level....
In other areas that are secluded, they use helmet mounted cameras on Bikers and handheld high tripods for areas completely inaccessible or off limits to transports such as monuments, parks, courseways etc...
In advanced climes, they may utilize fixed CCTV gigs in collaboration with local authorities....
So keep your eyes peeled....
You might see an odd car with Google Maps emblazoned on its side, that's the real deal... grin
wow,I'm so grateful for this answer.thanks a bunch.

(1) (Reply)

Libya Experience. / Nigerian Man Makes Hilarious Video On The Missing N36M In Jamb Office (video) / What Is More Useful When It Is Broken? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.