Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (27201 Views)

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Every sensible person reading this thread can see that you are just trying to justify your sins. Many have given you scriptural backing and even explained them, but you claim they are just phylosophical talks.

Well, it's your life and you can live it the way you want. But know that all those @frosbel2 and his cohorts are satanists whom you shouldn't be listening to. Perhaps you are one of them who is just here to confuse the Christians.

Enjoy your life.

Buzz off with your religious dogmatism!

cheesy
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 4:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Every sensible person reading this thread can see that you are just trying to justify your sins. Many have given you scriptural backing and even explained them, but you claim they are just phylosophical talks.

Well, it's your life and you can live it the way you want. But know that all those @frosbel2 and his cohorts are satanists whom you shouldn't be listening to. Perhaps you are one of them who is just here to confuse the Christians.

Enjoy your life.

my bro. I'm not advocating that Christians shud marry multiple wives but the fact remains that if u hav married them bfr u got born again, u dont hav any right both under grace and law to put her away. there are lot of scriptural tenets to this. but yet to see scriptures to prove that it is right to put away a wife.

remain blessed bro. we hold different views so u are entitled to ur opinion but not to ur fact.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by MiddleDimension: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2018
lonikit:

dont say want u dont knw sir. hope u knw judah was part if the genealogy. check how pharez was born and also tell us how Rehoboam was born to Solomon.

you are better schooled in the bible than all these law followers in christianity. their version is about dos and donts, not about the mistical life they inherited in christ.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Greyman11(m): 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2018
Fawklicant:

We are on the same side of the debate bro. My issue with your post is the wedding part which I addressed, other than that I don't have any issue with your arguments.
it is well, I can not stand for self proclaimed doctrines with no biblical back ups
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Softhands(m): 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
The Bible says Wisdom is Profitable to direct... Please use it.
PSTEMMA1960:
since u can't back it up with atleast one scripture, i rest my case..
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
Softhands:
The Bible says Wisdom is Profitable to direct... Please use it.
and u could nt even use atleast one verse of the bible to buttress ur point?i won't qoute u again.. take care..
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
and u could nt even use atleast one verse of the bible to buttress ur point?i won't qoute u again.. take care..

u don vex gringrin
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by TheNazarene: 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
lonikit:

dont say want u dont knw sir. hope u knw judah was part if the genealogy. check how pharez was born and also tell us how Rehoboam was born to Solomon.

Yes, I admit, I forgot those...but come to think of it, having only three exceptions against my proposition can't stand against generations of Biblical examples (though not directly) supporting marital restitution?
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 6:25am On Jan 23, 2018
lonikit:

u don vex gringrin
grin
lonikit:

u don vex gringrin
how i go vex?i am nt qouting u again because u no dey read ur bible, how me and u go debate when u can't even qoute one verse, go and study and qoute me later..
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 6:51am On Jan 23, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
;Dhow i go vex?i am nt qouting u again because u no dey read ur bible, how me and u go debate when u can't even qoute one verse, go and study and qoute me later..
sir, I'm not the one oo. check my moniker. this is mistake of identity I guess
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 7:05am On Jan 23, 2018
TheNazarene:

Yes, I admit, I forgot those...but come to think of it, having only three exceptions against my proposition can't stand against generations of Biblical examples (though not directly) supporting marital restitution?

sir, let's face the realities of biblical tenets and leave church doctrine aside this.
the case of Judah (father in law) and tammer daughter in law) alone which resulted to the birth of pharez part of the genealogy is enough to stop Jesus from being part of that generation. but God is not a man and he knows best.
Solomon was a son of Bathsheba whom david killed her husband and committed adultery with yet he was part of Jesus genealogy and the greatest king. Rehoboam was another example and yet God allowed Jesus to come through them. when david repented of his sin God never told him to sent her away but bible called her Davids wife and Gabe birth to Solomon. examples of these are much. let's stop making and teaching doctrine that is not biblical.
God himself promised david multiple wives, so why are we speaking for God.

im not advocating for multiple wives but once u married them, u are not at liberty to put her away no matter the circumstance being born again or not. that is the standard of God. he hates putting away.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 11:21am On Jan 23, 2018
lonikit:
sir, I'm not the one oo. check my moniker. this is mistake of identity I guess
ok sir..
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by DoctorGenerator: 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2018
tamethem:

You have made a very strong point bro. The same I wanted to point out before reading your post.

Now Our people don't know that when the whites that brought Christianity brot it they brought their culture along. I am sure if the British wore Jalamia traditionally we would have been wearing Jalamia to church but because they came with their suits and trousers every pastor and Christian is in suit to church.

One man one wife is the tradition of the British who brought us Christianity.

Now when Paul was addressing the congregation he said who among you who want to be Bishops or Deacons must be men of one wife.

Common sense should tell us that if A Principal stands in front of the whole Assembly of students and says who among you students that wants to be Prefect must always tuck in your Shirt.

What he means is those of you that don't aspire to be prefects can leave your shirts out of your trousers.

And if he wants all to tuck in. He would have said

Everyone of you must always tuck in your shirts.

There is no place in the entire Bible where the Bibles says polygamy is a sin. No where.

Two shall become one that people quote and refer to is the man and each of the women.

Non of the women came to be joined with any other woman in the first place but the man. So each of them is one with the husband. There is no three or four in this case.

It may sound somehow but its because we have allowed ourselves to be misled by the culture of those that brought us Christianity.

If we say only everything that Jesus did is what we are going to do then non of us should be married because Christ never did.

Peace

Best answer so far

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
tamethem:

You have made a very strong point bro. The same I wanted to point out before reading your post.

Now Our people don't know that when the whites that brought Christianity brot it they brought their culture along. I am sure if the British wore Jalamia traditionally we would have been wearing Jalamia to church but because they came with their suits and trousers every pastor and Christian is in suit to church.

One man one wife is the tradition of the British who brought us Christianity.

Now when Paul was addressing the congregation he said who among you who want to be Bishops or Deacons must be men of one wife.

Common sense should tell us that if A Principal stands in front of the whole Assembly of students and says who among you students that wants to be Prefect must always tuck in your Shirt.

What he means is those of you that don't aspire to be prefects can leave your shirts out of your trousers.

And if he wants all to tuck in. He would have said

Everyone of you must always tuck in your shirts.

There is no place in the entire Bible where the Bibles says polygamy is a sin. No where.

Two shall become one that people quote and refer to is the man and each of the women.

Non of the women came to be joined with any other woman in the first place but the man. So each of them is one with the husband. There is no three or four in this case.

It may sound somehow but its because we have allowed ourselves to be misled by the culture of those that brought us Christianity.

If we say only everything that Jesus did is what we are going to do then non of us should be married because Christ never did.

Peace
nothing but fact

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by TheNazarene: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2018
lonikit:

sir, let's face the realities of biblical tenets and leave church doctrine aside this.
the case of Judah (father in law) and tammer daughter in law) alone which resulted to the birth of pharez part of the genealogy is enough to stop Jesus from being part of that generation. but God is not a man and he knows best.
Solomon was a son of Bathsheba whom david killed her husband and committed adultery with yet he was part of Jesus genealogy and the greatest king. Rehoboam was another example and yet God allowed Jesus to come through them. when david repented of his sin God never told him to sent her away but bible called her Davids wife and Gabe birth to Solomon. examples of these are much. let's stop making and teaching doctrine that is not biblical.

im not advocating for multiple wives but once u married them, u are not at liberty to put her away no matter the circumstance being born again or not. that is the standard of God. he hates putting away.

First, lets get things straight, I am replying as a believer in Jesus Christ not as a member of RCCG, Winners, OFM, Christ Embassy or any of them.

Secondly, don't think you can comprehend God because He made us in His Image, in His Likeness! We are by far inferior to Him in both our most domesticated and wildest imaginations, He can do and undo whatever He pleases and will not be questioned.

That is why He is God. If you want the foolishness of mankind to cause you to question or challenge Him, I can tell you boldly that there won't be a beginning to your story.

Now when we study the Bible from the beginning, we see that when man fell, all God has been doing is to bring into this world through human means a man that will be blameless, which is His Son Jesus Christ.
And so He chose Abraham, Isaac then Jacob who gave rise to Israel. Looking at the patriarchs, we will see that they were let me put purify to God's standard for all nations through many trials and testings, therefore their descendants Israel was (at that time) a nation through which God can bring forth the Saviour of the world.

Then, He chose Judah, who also got the kind of blessings from Jacob, which hinted of Judah being a royal house/lineage, everything is set, God now has a chose lineage out of a chosen nation, He just have to ensure continuity while maintaining the purity of that lineage by any (Godly/goodly) means necessary.

Genesis 38:2 And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her.
Genesis 38:3 And she conceived, and bare a son; and he called his name Er.
Genesis 38:4 And she conceived again, and bare a son; and she called his name Onan.
Genesis 38:5 And she yet again conceived, and bare a son; and called his name Shelah: and he was at Chezib, when she bare him.
Genesis 38:6 And Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, whose name was Tamar.
Genesis 38:7 And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.
Genesis 38:8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.
Genesis 38:9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
Genesis 38:10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.
Genesis 38:11 Then said Judah to Tamar his daughter in law, Remain a widow at thy father's house, till Shelah my son be grown: for he said, Lest peradventure he die also, as his brethren did. And Tamar went and dwelt in her father's house.
Genesis 38:12 And in process of time the daughter of Shuah Judah's wife died; and Judah was comforted, and went up unto his sheepshearers to Timnath, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite.

Looking at the traditions of that time, it was like an abomination for a man not to have a descendant that will preserve his name that is why Judah told Onan to sleep with Tamar to give Er a descendant (absurd right? but that was what was obtainable then)

But satan living up to his name as being evil, trying to put a stop to God's plans, got Er and Onan to incur God's wrath and get killed, and at that time his daughter also died which gave Judah goosebumps of losing all His children

Therefore Judah tried to safeguard his last descendant, Shelah (who might have have evil tendencies as his brothers) rather than give him to Tamar so as to avoid the same fate as his brothers, he tried to stifle traditions, well God didn't have time for the traditions of men, all He wanted was to ensure the continuity of Judah till the time of Jesus birth.

And so satan played into God's Hands, satan thought that Judah sleeping with a prostitute will scatter everything and taint Judah, but to the shame of the devil, Judah slept with Tamar who is not a prostitute but disguised as one, now I am not saying my next postulation is infallible but...since the traditions of that time required the first son to have a descendant, so we can say Judah gave Er a descendant, while staying alive and without risking Shelah. So we can say technically he did the right thing according to the traditions at the time, which justifies Pharez as a legitimate son.

I don't have the time now to go into Solomon and Rehoboam's cases, but all I can say is that these three exceptions are God's way of proving to us that with Him no matter how messy our lives are, we can have a glorious and and expected end. Because as we can see Judah, David and Solomon didn't train their children well enough in the way of the Lord which brought about this mess

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

and please can you quote the place in the Bible God promised David many wives?
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by MiddleDimension: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
lonikit:

you are a veru sensible person. how i wish, i could find a particular thread where someine broke all these down.

@asuustrike et al,you guys better quit that nobsense already! and to know that you all are 'ministers' of god, even makes it more unfortunate! so this is how you guys go around the world breaking up homes.

i am from a polygamous home, and a very good one at that. so the examples you have in the bible are the only examples you have a happy polygamous home.

when you all speak badly ot polygamy you should know you are speaking about the experience of REAL people; anr you have no right what so ever to tell couples in polygamy that they are comitting adultry! sit back and listen to yourselves again when you say that and tell me how it sounds.

[b]AND LET ME SAY IT LOUD AND CLEAR: THE CHRISTIAN GOD AND THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE DOES NOT, AND DID NOT AT ANY POINT IN TIME CONDEMN THE MOST HOLY MARITAL INSTITUTION OF POLYGAMY. POLYGAMY IS APPROVED BY THE CHRISTIAN GOD, THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND ESAU. THE GOD OF OYAKHILOME, ADEBOYE AND OYEDEPO. THE GOD OF POPE FRANCIS, BENEDICT AND JOHN PAUL II. THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE IN COMPLETELY IN SUPPORT OF IT. THE LIE THAT CHRISTIANITY IS OPPOSED TO POLYGAMY IS NOTHING BUT EUROPEAN INNOVATION INTO CHRISTIANITY. IS ANY MUSLIM IN HERE? I WANT YOU TO GO OVER THIS THREAD PAINSTAKENINGLY AND PICK THE ARGUEMENT FOR CHRISTIANITY BEIGN IN SUPPORT OF POLYGAMY, SO THAT WHEN SOME IGNORANT CHRISTIANS COMFRONT YOU TO TRY TO TELL YOU THAT CHRISTIANITY IS AGAINST PLYGAMY, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THESE POINT TO DEMOLISH THOSE PEOPLE'S FAKE POINT. I ALSO WANT YO TO KNOW THAT NOT ALL CHRISTIANS THINK CHRISTIANITY IS AGAINST POLYGAMY AS YOU CAN ALREADY SEE ON THS THREAD. THE PEOPLE ARGUING FOR IT ARE STILL CHRISTIANS.[/b]
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by MiddleDimension: 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
TheNazarene:

First, lets get things straight, I am replying as a believer in Jesus Christ not as a member of RCCG, Winners, OFM, Christ Embassy or any of them.

Secondly, don't think you can comprehend God because He made us in His Image, in His Likeness! We are by far inferior to Him in both our most domesticated and wildest imaginations, He can do and undo whatever He pleases and will not be questioned.

That is why He is God. If you want the foolishness of mankind to cause you to question or challenge Him, I can tell you boldly that there won't be a beginning to your story.

Now when we study the Bible from the beginning, we see that when man fell, all God has been doing is to bring into this world through human means a man that will be blameless, which is His Son Jesus Christ.
And so He chose Abraham, Isaac then Jacob who gave rise to Israel. Looking at the patriarchs, we will see that they were let me put purify to God's standard for all nations through many trials and testings, therefore their descendants Israel was (at that time) a nation through which God can bring forth the Saviour of the world.

Then, He chose Judah, who also got the kind of blessings from Jacob, which hinted of Judah being a royal house/lineage, everything is set, God now has a chose lineage out of a chosen nation, He just have to ensure continuity while maintaining the purity of that lineage by any (Godly/goodly) means necessary.

Genesis 38:2 And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her.
Genesis 38:4 And she conceived again, and bare a son; and she called his name Onan.
Genesis 38:5 And she yet again conceived, and bare a son; and called his name Shelah: and he was at Chezib, when she bare him.
Genesis 38:7 And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.
Genesis 38:8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.
Genesis 38:9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
Genesis 38:10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.
Genesis 38:11 Then said Judah to Tamar his daughter in law, Remain a widow at thy father's house, till Shelah my son be grown: for he said, Lest peradventure he die also, as his brethren did. And Tamar went and dwelt in her father's house.
Genesis 38:12 And in process of time the daughter of Shuah Judah's wife died; and Judah was comforted, and went up unto his sheepshearers to Timnath, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite.

Looking at the traditions of that time, it was like an abomination for a man not to have a descendant that will preserve his name that is why Judah told Onan to sleep with Tamar to give Er a descendant (absurd right? but that was what was obtainable then)

But satan living up to his name as being evil, trying to put a stop to God's plans, got Er and Onan to incur God's wrath and get killed, and at that time his daughter also died which gave Judah goosebumps of losing all His children

Therefore Judah tried to safeguard his last descendant, Shelah (who might have have evil tendencies as his brothers) rather than give him to Tamar so as to avoid the same fate as his brothers, he tried to stifle traditions, well God didn't have time for the traditions of men, all He wanted was to ensure the continuity of Judah till the time of Jesus birth.

And so satan played into God's Hands, satan thought that Judah sleeping with a prostitute will scatter everything and taint Judah, but to the shame of the devil, Judah slept with Tamar who is not a prostitute but disguised as one, now I am not saying my next postulation is infallible but...since the traditions of that time required the first son to have a descendant, so we can say Judah gave Er a descendant, while staying alive and without risking Shelah. So we can say technically he did the right thing according to the traditions at the time, which justifies Pharez as a legitimate son.

I don't have the time now to go into Solomon and Rehoboam's cases, but all I can say is that these three exceptions are God's way of proving to us that with Him no matter how messy our lives are, we can have a glorious and and expected end. Because as we can see Judah, David and Solomon didn't train their children well enough in the way of the Lord which brought about this mess

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

god did not just promise, HE GAVE DAVID MANY WIVES AND HE SAID, IF THEY WERE NOT ENOUGH I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU MORE! so muslims, can you see what we are saying? those christians telling you god is against polygamy are only telling lies!

this is the quotation.

7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master’s house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. AND IF ALL THESE HAD BEEN TOO LITTLE, I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU EVEN MORE
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by MiddleDimension: 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
2 samuel 12 vs 7 and 8
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
TheNazarene:

middledimension has answered the bolded.
its is annoying that believers are more grounded in church doctrine than biblical principles. we wil be biased to say david, judah and solomon are exceptions. God is not a respecter of man.he told Hosea to marry an harlot for some reasons. bible says God is dsame forever. he hates putting away and that is the fact. that is why he punished david for his action rather than allowing him to put her away. David's case was even bad bcus he snatched her from her husband and later killed him.
the issue here is not snatching somebody's wife o.
check ur bible from Gen to Rev. there is no such doctrine or instruction like "putting away" under any condition be it law or grace.
let us leave bible aside and analyse it rationally. u and I and our siblings are born to same father but diff mothers who are legally married to him. my father got born again and decided to put ur mother away and keep my mother in the house. my bro, wil u be happy and be jubilating. and u shud not forget that ur mother either young or old is not at liberty to marry again according to bible. No mater ur spiritual level, u and ur mother won't be happy with such father and this can make u sin. God is wiser than man. he knows best wen he says there is no room for putting away.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Penalty82(m): 6:15pm On Jan 27, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
can u tell me where the bible said that u should send the second wife away? u don't need to send anyone away, the only thing that God said about those that have more than one wife is that they should nt be giving some offices, i.e bishop or deacon. read 1timothy 3vs 2..

Mr, stop confusing yourself. If you want me to show you where the Bible tells me to send the 2nd wife away, you should first of all show me where the same Bible tells you to marry multiple wives. Let's start from there.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
Penalty82:

Mr, stop confusing yourself. If you want me to show you where the Bible tells me to send the 2nd wife away, you should first of all show me where the same Bible tells you to marry multiple wives. Let's start from there.
u are geting it wrong sire, first of all what is the bible?read 2timothy 3 vs 16-17, we the bible did nt say that we should marry more than one wife, bt what about those that have already married more than one b4 converting to christian faith where the bible is now the guide-line.

read the whole of the new testament, from the days of christ to the days of the apostles, they never told anyone to divorce a woman, rather the bible said in 1timothy 3vs2 that if u have more than one wife u should no be giving the office of a bishop or deacon..
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Penalty82(m): 6:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
u are geting it wrong sire, first of all what is the bible?read 2timothy 3 vs 16-17, we the bible did nt say that we should marry more than one wife, bt what about those that have already married more than one b4 converting to christian faith where the bible is now the guide-line.

read the whole of the new testament, from the days of christ to the days of the apostles, they never told anyone to divorce a woman, rather the bible said in 1timothy 3vs2 that if u have more than one wife u should no be giving the office of a bishop or deacon..

Whatsoever that disqualifies you from bn a worker in the church will also disqualify you from entring Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 6:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
Penalty82:

Whatsoever that disqualifies you from bn a worker in the church will also disqualify you from entring Heaven.
bishop and deacon offices are very sensitive offices, bt u can serve ur God in other capacity, how would u feel if ur mum was a second wife, then after giving birth to u and ur siblings then one day he wakes up a told ur mum to pack her things and leave that he doesn't want to keep a second wife because of his new religion...
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Penalty82(m): 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
bishop and deacon offices are very sensitive offices, bt u can serve ur God in other capacity, how would u feel if ur mum was a second wife, then after giving birth to u and ur siblings then one day he wakes up a told ur mum to pack her things and leave that he doesn't want to keep a second wife because of his new religion...

Mind you that BISHOP is not a title as some sees it but a worker in the vineyard of God. Stop bn emotional here. Once you realises your mistake, pls go ahead and correct it without any fear or favour. A man with a stolen car will definitely return such car anyday he's bn arrested by the police likewise a polygamous man anyday the Holly Ghost arrested him.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
Penalty82:

Mind you that BISHOP is not a title as some sees it but a worker in the vineyard of God. Stop bn emotional here. Once you realises your mistake, pls go ahead and correct it without any fear or favour. A man with a stolen car will definitely return such car anyday he's bn arrested by the police likewise a polygamous man anyday the Holly Ghost arrested him.
bt pls can u explain to me what 1timothy 3vs 2 is saying, maybe i have been interpreting it the wrong way..
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Penalty82(m): 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
bt pls can u explain to me what 1timothy 3vs 2 is saying, maybe i have been interpreting it the wrong way..

All the qualities outlined in this verse are the qualities of a Heavenly bound believer.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
Penalty82:

All the qualities outlined in this verse are the qualities of a Heavenly bound believer.
ok..
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
Penalty82:

this is funny. so two wives can stop one from seeing God.

may God help out of this wrong doctrine.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Penalty82(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2018
lonikit:

this is funny. so two wives can stop one from seeing God.

may God help out of this wrong doctrine.

God has already told you that marriage is between a man and a woman, if you go contrary you'll be punished. Kiss the truth.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
Penalty82:

God has already told you that marriage is between a man and a woman, if you go contrary you'll be punished. Kiss the truth.

mention one person he punished for marrying two wives. stop this heresy sir.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by Penalty82(m): 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
lonikit:

mention one person he punished for marrying two wives. stop this heresy sir.

Mention one person He punisged for rituals.
Re: Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? by lonikit: 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
Penalty82:

Mention one person He punisged for rituals.

he should punish them for sacrifices offered unto him or wht are u saying??

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Crisis: Paul Emeka Loses At Supreme Court / Olokun Great Goddess Of The Sea ~ Worship, Divinations, Initiations, Invocations / Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.