Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,362 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (77424 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Beey(f): 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

So if Jesus was in your shoe He will spend so much on something that He will not even wear again after one day Are you really sure you are a Christian(Christ like) I pray you will not realize too late!!!
As I said, you are not God.So leave my Chrisnity out of the equation.Stop being judgmental & as I told you earlier, Heaven will be full of surprises to see the ones considered unqualified, welcomed in the kingdom.The thief on the cross next to Jesus didn't seem like he was a likely candidate but there on the cross, He obtained mercy!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Bible doctrines are different from bible injuctions/examples

Bible is made up of both doctrines and injuctions. This issues are under bible injuctions/examples not under bible doctrines.

so where did Christ instructed christians about jewel sir?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Bible is made up of both doctrines and injuctions. This issues are under bible injuctions/examples not under bible doctrines.
Lol...well you are not the one to determine who makes heaven or not the only ticket is salvation and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord, so jewelry or not is not a factor bro. So pls don't condemn whom Christ has not condemned.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

that man is confused. even pastor Kumuyi never preached it that one wearing jewel wil go to hell
True, I've never heard Kumuyi preach that but even at that our Saviour Jesus never preached that as well.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by GoodMuyis(m): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
Beey:
There are decent beautiful wedding dresses out there.I've heard from a deeper life attendee that modern wedding dresses are not allowed which to me sounds like bull crap.Until when will people continue to be held down by some man-made rules?

The one you talked to are they married? Or being to marriage committee before. People make a lot of speculation that are not true.

The standard is *not exposing the body* especially the burst, Don't overspend if you can't afford.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
handelex:
Lol...well you are not the one to determine who makes heaven or not the only ticket is salvation and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord, so jewelry or not is not a factor bro. So pls don't condemn whom Christ has not condemned.

You see yourself....people like you, when truth is being presented, they tag it as condemning/judging. So tell me where I have condemned or how I condemned

And for your information, jewelry is a big factor if it not, Then apostle Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit will not have spoken about it in 1Timothy 2:9-10:- "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array: but (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works"......In other words, it is unbecoming of a woman professing godliness, that is, a woman who claims to be a Christian to put on gold, pearls or costly clothes.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

bro where did Christ instructed christians about jewel
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Beey:
As I said, you are not God.So leave my Chrisnity out of the equation.Stop being judgmental & as I told you earlier, Heaven will be full of surprises to see the ones considered unqualified, welcomed in the kingdom.The thief on the cross next to Jesus didn't seem like he was a likely candidate but there on the cross, He obtained mercy!

Using "Heaven will be full of surprises" will not help u if u dont deny yourself where necessary and repent becos i won't be surprised if u miss heaven with this level of understanding But i pray you make heaven including me, and everyone on this thread!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

You see yourself....people like you, when truth is being presented, they tag it as condemning/judging. So tell me where I have condemned or how I condemned

And for your information, jewelry is a big factor if it not, Then apostle Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit will not have spoken about it in 1Timothy 2:9-10:- "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array: but (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works"......In other words, it is unbecoming of a woman professing godliness, that is, a woman who claims to be a Christian to put on gold, pearls or costly clothes.
But the men can put on costly cloth and suits abi?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
handelex:
But the men can put on costly cloth and suits abi?

lolzzz is white wedding even scriptural
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

bro where did Christ instructed christians about jewel

The Spirit of Christ spoke through Apostle Paul where he spoke about Jewelry in 1Timothy 2:9-10

Remember when Christ was with His disciples He told them He has a lot of things to tell them But they will not be able to bear them now that He will send the comforter(the Holy Spirit) which will tell them all all things to come.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

lolzzz is white wedding even scriptural

Wedding is scriptural whether u want to do it in the church or not, or as white wedding or traditional. Its your choice!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

The Spirit of Christ spoke through Apostle Paul where he spoke about Jewelry in 1Timothy 2:9-10

Remember when Christ was with His disciples He told them He has a lot of things to tell them But they will not be able to bear them now that He will send the comforter(the Holy Spirit) which will tell them all all things to come.

but same Paul say this, why are going against it on churches??
1 Timothy 2:12 KJV
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Some Christians believe it is wrong for women to wear makeup or jewelry, citing a couple of New Testament passages that seem to forbid such things. While we certainly respect the convictions of born-again children of God, we also want to be sure that our teaching does not go beyond what the Word of God actually says. We do not want to “teach man-made ideas as commands from God” ( Mark 7:7, NLT ).
In examining the propriety of wearing makeup or jewelry, we start with 1 Samuel 16:7b : “The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” This verse lays down a foundational principle concerning the limitations of our perspective: we naturally see the externals; God sees the internal truth. This does not mean that the externals are unimportant, of course—we readily communicate with others via visual signals, and the appearance we choose for ourselves can express rebellion, piety, carelessness, meticulousness, etc. But appearances can be deceiving, and there is the deeper issue of the heart. Whatever is done to the outward appearance is done for man to see, and we should be careful about that, but God is more concerned with what is happening in the heart.
In the context of rules for public worship, Paul says, “I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God” ( 1 Timothy 2:9–10 ). This is one of the passages that cause some women to avoid wearing makeup or jewelry altogether.
A couple of things to note in this passage: first, there is a standard of dress that is right for a woman in a worship service. Paul gives no specifics, but a woman’s clothing is to be modest and decent and respectable. Wearing anything that is immodest, indecent, or disreputable is wrong. Drawing the line between modest and immodest can be subjective, and modesty depends somewhat on cultural mores, but each believer should be discerning enough to avoid giving offense.
Second, there is a proper adornment for women who worship God and an improper adornment. The proper adornment for a godly woman is simply good deeds . Tabitha adorned herself beautifully by “always doing good and helping the poor” (Acts 9:36 ). The improper adornment for a godly woman is that which puffs her up with pride or draws attention to her outward appearance: the examples are elaborate hairstyles, gold and pearls, and expensive clothing. The focus of a worship service is to be the Lord, not the latest fashion, the biggest diamond, or the most chic hairdo. Wearing a $3,000 dress to church or flashing gaudy jewelry does nothing to truly adorn the woman of God. She would be much better off—and the poor much better served—if she sold the dress and gave the money to a Christian charity. Perhaps the time she spent on the elaborate hairdo would have been better spent serving someone in need.
In 1 Timothy 2:9–10 , Paul sets up a contrast between trying to please God and trying to please men. A public worship service should not be a fashion show. It’s not that a woman can never wear jewelry or style her hair differently. It’s that overindulgence and excess are improper in church. We must all guard against pride and be careful not to distract others (or ourselves) from what is truly important: the worship of God and the service of others.
Another passage that relates to the issue of women wearing makeup or jewelry is 1 Peter 3:3–5, “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.”
Peter emphasizes the contrast between the outward, fleeting beauty and the inward, lasting beauty of a woman. A truly beautiful woman has a “gentle and quiet spirit.” She may not be noticed much in this world, but God sees the heart. To flaunt one’s beauty for selfish adoration is not in line with the humility of Christ, especially when the flaunting takes place in a worship service. Again, it’s not that braided hair is sinful, but those who rely on their hair, their jewelry, or their clothing to make them beautiful are chasing after vanity. It is more worthwhile to develop godly character.
In summary, there is nothing inherently wrong with wearing jewelry, makeup, or braided hair, as long as it is done in a modest manner. Also, such things can never replace good deeds or a humble spirit. A Christian woman should not be so focused on her outward appearance that she neglects her spiritual life. A worship service should be focused on God, not on us. If a woman is spending an inordinate amount of time and money on her appearance, the problem is that the woman’s priorities are misplaced. Expensive jewelry and clothing are the results of the problem, not the problem itself.

#Shalom
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Wedding is scriptural whether u want to do it in the church or not. Its your choice!!!

church wedding is not scriptural sir. u can prove it
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

Wedding is scriptural whether u want to do it in the church or not, or as white wedding or traditional. Its your choice!!!
I never said wedding but church wedding oga
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

church wedding is not scriptural sir. u can prove it

Bible neither mention church wedding or traditional wedding. Bible did not mention any form of wedding. Bible only mention wedding. So like I said if you like do yours as a church wedding, traditional wedding etc its your choice!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

why are we not obeying this

1 Corinthians 14:34 KJV
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

or was it not same Paul speaking here
1 Timothy 2:12 KJV
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

why are we not obeying this

1 Corinthians 14:34 KJV
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

My church is obeying that injuction!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

u mean deeper life
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

same Paul says this
1 Corinthians 7:13-14 KJV
And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. [14] For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

but no one wil preach this to u rather, u must seek the will of God in marriage
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Beey(f): 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
GoodMuyis:

The one you talked to are they married? Or being to marriage committee before. People make a lot of speculation that are not true.

The standard is *not exposing the body* especially the burst, Don't overspend if you can't afford.
Didn't you see Biafrabushman recently posted pictures of his sister's deeper life wedding.They took pictures outside because apparently she violated the church rules by changing into a modern wedding dress.She obviously couldn't wear they dress to the church, decent as it was.Don't you remember that Kumuyi's son had been excommunicated from the church by his fathrr because of how his wife dressed on their wedding day? She had a beautiful modest wedding dress which wasn't exposing anything but it was obviously unholy for that church.He later had to write an apology letter to the church & was accepted back.But I remember his wife wore Makeup even at their traditional wedding.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I saw a thread hit frontpage https://www.nairaland.com/4062678/deeper-life-bible-church-cult#60584621 and I decided to write this.

I have known Deeper Life Bible Church, and it is over twenty years. Tho I don’t often attend church services that much due to hustle on Sunday, but I have some Facts to make known to make.

Do you want to hear things that people won’t tell you about deeper life bible church? Sit tight and listen.

Pastor W.F. Kumuyi has corrected some of his mistakes in the past as regards doctrine

In a bid to maintain strict discipline during the early days of the church, a lot of strict doctrines were introduced. These doctrines didn’t come with consequences like people portrayed, but were just preventive measures to some common sins.
The television was banned, not because it was bad, but because it would give room for the devil to corrupt the mind.

“If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and throw it away from you.” Matthew 5: 30.

Right now the Television is now used to transmit the pastor’s message all over the world. He realized that God gave humans the spirit of “FREE WILL” and he urged members to make use of it the right way.

Pastor Kumuyi doesn’t have a personal Bank Account

It might interest you to know that the General Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church does not have his own personal bank account. He is under the church budget, and likewise other full-time pastors. He feeding, dressing, logistics is budgeted monthly by the church. He has no personal property, investments, and all he has is owned by the church.

One of the Criteria to become a full-time pastor is age
If you haven’t reached the age to retire from active government service, you can never become a full-time pastor in Deeper Life Bible church. Full-time pastors serve as State Coordinators, Regional Overseers, and of cause the General Overseer. Other positions are occupied by pastors who are still working and are not under the church financial budget.

Several Church Laws have been abolished by the General Overseer
In his recent messages, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi has preached against the enforcement of church laws that have no root in the Bible. Popular examples remain the Turban being worn in the church, the financial capabilities of a man before he gets married, and many other relating to technological advancements.
In many of his recent messages, he has preached against church leaders enforcing laws on members that would force them to drop their faith. His main focus was on the marriage committee of the church.

Holiness and Salvation is preached every Sunday
If you aren’t comfortable with someone preaching to you about Holiness, Salvation, Repentance, Restitution every Sunday, then don’t bother coming to church. That is the foundation of the church doctrine, and it will never change.

Deeper Life doesn’t sing and dance on Sundays because…
If you have been wondering why the church service on Sundays doesn’t come with dancing and singing, the answer is simple.
“It will weaken the body; make people fall asleep and tired when the real message about going to heaven is about being preached. We have a day to praise God for singing and praises, and that is during the Thursday revival service” Pastor W.F. Kumuyi explaining to BBC World.

Financial Prosperity is never the Topic of any Message
No pastor would come up the pulpit to preach about financial prosperity as a Sunday Message. The church focuses on “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and every other thing shall be added unto you”

Tithes and offering are collected and sent to the headquarters
Once it gets to the Church headquarters, it is redistributed to various states for the maintenance of churches in the state. If any Church project needs to be carried out, the amount is split according to the capability of members of the churches inside the same country.
No matter how long it takes to get the donations, the church will never seek donations from outside the church. That was the reason it took the church 5 years to complete the headquarters at Gbagada.

Finally, Laying of hands is not allowed in the Church

Pastors pray from their pulpit and miracle happens. "It doesn't matter if you are close or not to a sick person. God is still in the habit of answering the prayers of the righteous" Pastor W.F. Kumuyi.

Ask me any question and I will give you unbiased answers.

There are a lot of half truths in your post up there. I believe you should do your research before posting on behalf of the church.
P.S. That picture of Deeper life Ministries you posted is another ministry, not ours.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
chieni:

check your dictionary for broided hair. it has to do with weaving the hair, note that you can also braid your natural hair. It did not specifically say do not braid with extensions. Besides if I use attachment or just my natural hair, it does not tell how spiritual I am
Don't braid your hair with attachment. The women of old didn't do such.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
Deeper life is just a one man cult, preaching the commandments of men for doctrine.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
Beey:
Didn't you see Biafrabushman recently posted pictures of his sister's deeper life wedding.They took pictures outside because apparently she violated the church rules by changing into a modern wedding dress.She obviously couldn't wear they dress to the church, decent as it was.Don't you remember that Kumuyi's son had been excommunicated from the church by his fathrr because of how his wife dressed on their wedding day? She had a beautiful modest wedding dress which wasn't exposing anything but it was obviously unholy for that church.He later had to write an apology letter to the church & was accepted back.But I remember his wife wore Makeup even at their traditional wedding.

Don't mind the whitewashed hypocrites !!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
frosbel2:
Deeper life is just a one man cult, preaching the commandments of men for doctrine.

Mention the commandments of men for doctrine let's see if they are commandments of men or from the bible
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
lonikit:

same Paul says this
1 Corinthians 7:13-14 KJV
And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. [14] For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

but no one wil preach this to u rather, u must seek the will of God in marriage

I believe u don't understand that passage. Read verse 12 of that chapter...Besides, bible talks about seeking His will in everything including marriage (read Proverbs 3:5-6)! Then read 2Corinthians 6:14, Deuteronomy 7:3.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Beey(f): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
frosbel2:

They didn't respond after the picture evidence. grin
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by oyinda1599(f): 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Oyinda1599 will never follow me to wed her in Deeper life, her eyes don tear pass dat levelgrin grin
I sent u a msg,check ur mail box.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
frosbel2:

Your case is different
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

I believe u don't understand that passage. Read verse 12 of that chapter...Besides, bible talks about seeking His will in everything including marriage (read Proverbs 3:5-6)! Then read 2Corinthians 6:14, Deuteronomy 7:3.

wht happen to verse 12? the Timothy that u quoted was it God that was speaking there?? besides, wht did he say in the last verse of that chapter.

why are u quoting from old testament too. quote Jesus word where he said u shud seek God's wil in marriage or u show me any example In the new testament.

u are so gullible. also tell us where Kumuyi says those wearing jewel are goin to hell??

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Buys New Car For His Barber / Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.