Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony - Career (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (80258 Views)

Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry / Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:
LMAO. grin grin grin

Muslim written all over him?! Check his Nairaland history and let his posts scream the truth at you, so that storm of truth can blow off the portion of your brain that is confusing you.
History my foot! Just like some yorubas in politics section claiming Niger delta with a long history too.
You're even more gullible than I thought. LMAO!
Abrahamism indeed!
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
nonut:

History my foot! Just like some yorubas in politics section claiming Niger delta with a long history too.
You're even more gullible than I thought. LMAO!
Abrahamism indeed!
The retãrded screams of the spirit of stupidity that sits at the center of your soul are more vivid and audible than any sense present in this bullcrap you posted is discernable.

You've been using the wrong body lotion. It has bleached you of common sense and intelligence and left behind a cretinous baboon that is only good for explaining retardation to tourists.

If you actually believe that an atheist-cum-empricist-cum-scientific materialist is a Muslim, you might be the ideal test subject for scientists to unravel the remaining mysteries of stupidity.

Instead of blaming your papa's gullibility-infested genes for manufacturing a dundee, you had the temerity to call me gullible. grin
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Daeylar(f): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:
The retãrded screams of the spirit of stupidity that sits at the center of your soul are more vivid and audible than any sense present in this bullcrap you posted is discernable.

You've been using the wrong body lotion. It has bleached you of common sense and intelligence and left behind a cretinous baboon that is only good for explaining retardation to tourists.

If you actually believe that an atheist cum empricist cum scientific materialist is a Muslim, you might be the ideal test subject for scientists to unravel the remaining mysteries of stupidity.

Instead of blaming your papa's gullibility-infested genes for manufacturing a dundee, you had the temerity to call me gullible. grin

What's happening here?

I thought this spirit has left you and the spirit of chill had come back to your life? shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:

If you actually believe that an atheist-cum-empricist-cum-scientific materialist is a Muslim, you might be the ideal test subject for scientists to unravel the remaining mysteries of stupidity.

Another head slammer in disguise? LMAO!
Emotional twats!
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
Daeylar:

What's happening here?

I thought this spirit has left you and the spirit of chill had come back to your life? shocked
Lol. I had to cross the border in order to catch the nigga jumping down the wall and prevent him from falling to his death. grin

Nigga maintains that AgèntOfAllah is a MUSLIM. What then? AlmiqhteeAllah must therefore be an IMAM. grin

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
nonut:

Another head slammer in disguise? LMAO!
Emotional twats!
Oh, I'm a Muslim too!!! Haha. Okei, I've had enough of the floor. It's quite boring these days. Bring me your water-logged skull, drenched by stupidity, so that I can smash it like biscuit---my head is hardened by rationality. grin
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by udatso: 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
nonut:

And you believe that? If you believe that, you'll believe anything.
Muslims cannot hide who they are.
No matter what they to do, once the issue of their religion is raised, they enter into defensive and aggressive mode.
It's part of what they were taught from Childhood.
How you failed to see that Muslim is written all over that urchin, is beyond me.
Abrahamism ko, issacism ni.
I really do not know what is wrong with you. You have been told he is not a muslim. He has equally confessed to you that he is not a Muslim. you would have saved yourself this embarrassment by simply viewing his profile. Active members of religion section know he is not a Muslim. So the fact that you keep insisting he is with so much confidence baffles me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:
Oh, I'm a Muslim too!!! Haha. Okei, I've had enough of the floor. It's quite boring these days. Bring me your water-logged skull, drenched by stupidity, so that I can smash it like biscuit---my head is hardened by rationality. grin
I see a resemblance with his posts and yours... Repetition.
Were you guys a broken gramophone in your previous life?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
nonut:

[s]I see a resemblance with his posts and yours... Repetition.
Were you guys a broken gramophone in your previous life? [/s]
If you ask me, na who I go ask? embarassed
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
udatso:

I really do not know what is wrong with you. You have been told he is not a muslim. He has equally confessed to you that he is not a Muslim. you would have saved yourself this embarrassment by simply viewing his profile. Active members of religion section know he is not a Muslim. So the fact that you keep insisting he is with so much confidence baffles me.
Yeah, right. Active members indeed!
If it hurts you that much, kindly leave the thread.
Why bugging me? Is it your embarrassment?
I chose to believe what I want to. I've been here long enough to know that different assholes claim what they're not, especially in that section and the politics section.
So allow swim in my embarrassment.
Oya, bye bye.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:
If you ask me, na who I go ask? embarassed
Seems you've stopped posting the incoherent epistles.
Good for you.
Lots of crazy and weird modafockers in the religious section.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
nonut:

[s]Seems you've stopped posting the incoherent epistles.
Good for you.
Lots of crazy and weird modafockers in the religious section.[/s]
Your brand of cretinism is more weird, if you ask me. smiley
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by udatso: 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
Eyes have seen something new today. ignorance, stubbornness and pride in one package. ISP 3 in 1.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:
Lol. I had to cross the border in order to catch the nigga jumping down the wall and prevent him from falling to his death. grin

Nigga maintains that AgèntOfAllah is a MUSLIM. What then? AlmiqhteeAllah must therefore be an IMAM. grin
AlmighteeAllah is all AlmighteeAllah. I bow down in reverence to its mighty mostliness!
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

AlmighteeAllah is all AlmighteeAllah. I bow down in reverence to its mighty mostliness!
You eventually fed me abomination and disrupted the cosmic hierachy. When a physicist that is certain to give Feynman a run for his money bows to a creature that could only come up with a book that talks about goats, camels and the color of the ancient deserts of Arabia, you know the laws of merit are raging and fuming. grin
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
Daeylar:

What's happening here?

grin Sometimes, it gratifies to throw civility to the wind when dealing with pathological numbskulls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Daeylar(f): 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:

Lol, is that how you save people from death, grin grin
Zara, Zara grin LMAO, you were saving him from his death or you were hurrying it along, grin grin

The partying AlmiqhteeAllah, grin

AgentOfAllah:

grin Sometimes, it gratifies to throw civility to the wind when dealing with pathological numbskulls.

Your Agent approves grin
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by tintingz(m): 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Nope.
Are you saying some rules in banks(for example) doesn't surpass staffs constitutional rights? E.g dress code, religious activities, limited freedom?

Your question is hasty. She still has her whole life ahead of her.
I'm talking about her goal and aim of studying law.

Agreed, but what constitutes positive usage is relative. You cannot impose your own personal yardsticks on another person.
Agreed but I didn't said she should use my personal yardstick, I only she should be wise about it.

Have you read the article of a lawyer who is close to Buhari's daughter?

I heard Gina Rinehart is my mother.
Someone shared the post on social media, I don't know how worthy it is.

I don't think you understand that courts can be challenged. So if there were a rogue organization that legalized murder within its walls, it shouldn't be challenged because its rules preponderate the constitution? Please stop repeating that erroneous viewpoint. No rule surpasses the constitution.
First of all I said "some of her constitutional rights" and secondly why do legal organization register or get license? Why do agreement forms are given to workers before employing them?

Her hijab is part of her religion.
Yes but she forgot she filled an agreement/consent form before entering the law school.

Me too!
Ok
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol, is that how you save people from death, grin grin
Zara, Zara grin LMAO, you were saving him from his death or you were hurrying it along, grin grin
A few slaps on the face and punches to the gut while dragging him up the wall would suffice---that's what I thought. grin

The partying AlmiqhteeAllah, grin
How else to paint the towns and cities of heaven red. The wines in my palace had to be sold. grin

Your Agent approves grin
He's a Faustian. Smarter than God. grin
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:
You eventually fed me abomination and disrupted the cosmic hierachy. When a physicist that is certain to give Feynman a run for his money bows to a creature that could only come up with a book that talks about goats, camels and the color of the ancient deserts of Arabia, you know the laws of merit are raging and fuming. grin
grin grin Choi! Feynman ke? Have mercy on me oo, I be small pikin!
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

grin grin Choi! Feynman ke? Have mercy on me oo, I be small pikin!
Haha! Between you and Feynman, if there's a gap, I do not believe it owes its existence to merit---or maybe a bit; not so sure---but to PRIVILEGE.

You have the capacity and the potential---backed up by the will, extraordinary emphasis on experiment (a great ideological asset for a physicist), and the curiosity.

However, while Feynman had access to vast resources, and a conducive environment---courtesy of the United States of America---fate had brought you to a skidmark on the planet, in its backwater continent, called Nigeria.

It is this handicap---which you'll eventually overcome and surmount---that still gives Feynman an edge. In my opinion, you're a great physicist, and that reality latent in you will be making an explicit appearance soon.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:
Your brand of cretinism is more weird, if you ask me. smiley
I don't need to ask you. You're the nut job here.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 8:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
nonut:

I don't need to ask you. You're the nut job here.

Tozara: Are you sane?

Nonut: No, NUT. grin
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tozara:

Tozara: Are you sane?

Nonut: No, NUT. grin
I forgot to laugh.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Yommy247(m): 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
forzarush:
AKIDIDINRIN,are you a Muslim? If you are then you must be by name only, OPONU. we have been enjoined to lower our gazes and draw our veils over our bossoms.
The time you'll waste replying me should be used to RESEARCH about the hijab.
I'm busy pls... try again later
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by edimolu(m): 1:12am On Dec 20, 2017
Tozara:

Kuku kill am patapata
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 3:40am On Dec 20, 2017
edimolu:
Kuku kill am patapata
Lol. grin
Good morning, bro. How your side?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 5:18am On Dec 20, 2017
Tozara:
Haha! Between you and Feynman, if there's a gap, I do not believe it owes its existence to merit---or maybe a bit; not so sure---but to PRIVILEGE.
Much as I'd love this to be true, there is, of course, a spectacular and unassailable merit based gap between Feynman and me. That bloke reinvented one of the most complicated fields in physics using simple stickman-like diagrams even a high schooler can understand. Then through his simplicity, reconciled general relativity and quantum theory. I merely use his inventions to understand my work, so we cannot be equals...or even close.

You have the capacity and the potential---backed up by the will, extraordinary emphasis on experiment (a great ideological asset for a physicist), and the curiosity.
In physics potential is very different from kinetic. wink

However, while Feynman had access to vast resources, and a conducive environment---courtesy of the United States of America---fate had brought you to a skidmark on the planet, in its backwater continent, called Nigeria.
Yes, he did have a conducive environment which helped, but he's the type of person you just know would have thrived and stood out anywhere, owing only to his individual brilliance. I'm not.

It is this handicap---which you'll eventually overcome and surmount---that still gives Feynman an edge. In my opinion, you're a great physicist, and that reality latent in you will be making an explicit appearance soon.
Wow! Thanks for the belief you so generously repose in me. No pressure!

I can't believe I just spent time arguing against myself...haha! But comparing me with QED himself makes it easy.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tozara(m): 6:19am On Dec 20, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Much as I'd love this to be true, there is, of course, a spectacular and unassailable merit based gap between Feynman and me. That bloke reinvented one of the most complicated fields in physics using simple stickman-like diagrams even a high schooler can understand. Then through his simplicity, reconciled general relativity and quantum theory. I merely use his inventions to understand my work, so we cannot be equals...or even close.
Hehe. Don't mind me. My optimism is the kind that sees a smile even when the sun frowns. As long as I remain intoxicated by this belief, let me remain high and watch out for the future.

In physics potential is very different from kinetic. wink
Hmm. Now that's an homework for me. Wish me Good luck with figuring it out. smiley

Yes, he did have a conducive environment which helped, but he's the type of person you just know would have thrived and stood out anywhere, owing only to his individual brilliance. I'm not.
There are times when my intuition trumps my reason. My idealism takes the leading role, and excessive rationality takes the backseat. Your flower will bloom---and I'd be there to remind you of the beauty and the size.

Wow! Thanks for the belief you so generously repose in me. No pressure!

I can't believe I just spent time arguing against myself...haha! But comparing me with QED himself makes it easy.
Haha! Richard Feynman. He's my favourite and most admired physicist. The earth just doesn't get to feel the sole of the feet of such men every season.

QED? You mean Quantum Electrodynamics. The "jewel of physics". Oh, man I love particle physics a lot. Those energetic tiny bits of matter, I plan on writing some soul poetry about their emotions someday.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 7:58am On Dec 20, 2017
Tozara:
Hehe. Don't mind me. My optimism is the kind that sees a smile even when the sun frowns. As long as I remain intoxicated by this belief, let me remain high and watch out for the future.
Oh, but your optimism has the power to make a frowning sun smile again!

QED? You mean Quantum Electrodynamics. The "jewel of physics". Oh, man I love particle physics a lot. Those energetic tiny bits of matter, I plan on writing some soul poetry about their emotions someday.
Such a poem wouldn't be far from my conceptualisation of quantum particles. I do often think of them as the simplest forms of conscious being because whether as individuals or as a collective, we don't behave too differently from them.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2017
tintingz:
Are you saying some rules in banks(for example) doesn't surpass staffs constitutional rights? E.g dress code, religious activities, limited freedom?
No rule can surpass the constitution. Banks are private institutions, banking is a profession. There is no rule that prevents a trained banker from receiving their certificate because of the way they are dressed. Private banks may exist that impose particular dress codes. At the same time, private banks may also exist that allow masquerades in their workforce. Likewise, legal practices may exist that allow or disallow hijab, but it is unconstitutional to deny someone the right to practice because of their hijab. Look up corporate personhood.

I'm talking about her goal and aim of studying law.
As was I.

Agreed but I didn't said she should use my personal yardstick, I only she should be wise about it.
Well, again, what constitutes wisdom is relative. In your mind she may lack it, but in hers, she's done the wise thing.

Have you read the article of a lawyer who is close to Buhari's daughter?
No! Of what relevance is it?

Someone shared the post on social media, I don't know how worthy it is.
Okay then. It's on social media, it's got to be true!

First of all I said "some of her constitutional rights" and secondly why do legal organization register or get license? Why do agreement forms are given to workers before employing them?
"Some"? So who or what draws the line on which of your constitutional rights can be violated and which can't? You're jumbling many unrelated things, my friend! Listen, it's simple. You have the right to dress like a disheveled hobo if you like. Likewise, a private institution has the right to disallow disheveled hobos from accessing its property. But constitutionally, there can be no rule that says you cannot become a lawyer because you're dressed like a hobo. If any such rule exists, then it can be, and must be challenged!

Yes but she forgot she filled an agreement/consent form before entering the law school.
Having argued for the unconstitutionality of the rule, I think the nature of this challenge preponderates such an agreement. It's not like if you want to become a practicing lawyer in Nigeria, without taking off your hijab, you have much of a choice. This lack of choice is what needs challenging. In essence, the constitutionality of such rules is questionable! If a rule is found to be illegal, then, by association, any agreement perpetuating such a rule becomes null and void!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Diademk07: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
Tozara:

AgentofAllah is actually a muslim who claims to be atheist however to me, he's basically an hypocrite who's neither here nor there on issues concerning islam! You can check his previous posts, even his islam brothers know him quite well as a former muslim.

We have tintingz who was also a muslim but now, a fully atheist!

One thing I respect most is being what you claim you're! If you're an atheist, be proud to be one but not someone who still leaning towards christianity or Islam! That's quite dumb and such person is only showing his stupidity!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Meet Ebere Asonibe, A Graduate Who Is A Native Doctor / Photos Of Twitter Staff Before And After Elon Musk / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.