Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (80276 Views)

Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry / Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by jikjimmy: 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
Limitednow:
Just tell us you need an Islamic state.

There is no difference between you and boko haram!
Don't mind her. Na them be boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by azyaq(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
Yeye dey smell. So e fit pain u next time think twice before u type n send
Desyner:
You are the fo.ol.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by rigarmortis: 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
If she is about to swear someone in and the person comes with a.dogs head and blue powder all over his naked chest, with cutlass tied to his waist just because he is an Ogun worshiper, what will she do?

Honestly
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
wirinet:

Secularism does not mean imposing your religious expression on others. Wearing an hijab to state functions like a courtroom has the same effect as a judge wearing dreds to court. It gives the impression of religious bias in the person expressing his religion in public.
Would you agree to stand before a rastaferian judge wearing dredlocks?

To be honest, I don't know what effect a judge in dreads has. Get this: your hair style or head gear does not define what's inside your head. I would absolutely stand before a judge wearing dreads, or any other judge, in so far as they are qualified to assume that position.

You still haven't told me how wearing hijab amounts to "imposing your religious expression on others". Has she forced others to wear hijab, or what's your point?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Dindondin(m): 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
may Allah straighten and strengthen your faith. proud of you.
Muslims added Arabic words to the Naira & the Army. Nobody cried!
Muslims in Nigeria, some of you guys are disgusting

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by ukeleh: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
I salute this girl's courage. Female Muslims suffer this same thing in NYSC camps and force (police, army etc). What has wearing a simple and well tucked in Hijab got to spoil in these places? NYSC even go further to make it compulsory for everyone to put on shorts during orientation.
Is Nigeria government preferring indecency to decency? 1Corinthian 11:6 also ordered Christian female to cover their hair.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Antina(f): 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
CloudResident:
I am a Muslim but I do not support what she did one bit. You can't change the status quo by going against established norms.it's rebellion.Simple!

I am disappointed because she ought to know better.it's really a needless debate for all I care.

Those wailing wailers crying foul never found their voices when a certain Bello spoke out about the exploitation in law school some months ago which led to his dismissal. He got a valid court judgement to be reinstated yet NOTHING has being done as I write this. The Muslim umma kept mute even as he is a Muslim.Why? Because it does not carry any religious undertone undecided
It is your right to wear shoes but if I forbid you from entering my house with shoes,you either comply or you go back.shikena!

All these are just misplaced priorities and hypocrisy, hypocrisy and ultimately hypocrisy undecided

Take a clap!! Isn't that what you want?

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
wirinet:

Sorry not wearing a hijab but only a wig exposes her whole body. If she is more concerned about religious that uniformity and the ethics of the profession she chose to pursue, why stop at hijab. She should have appeared for the call to bar in full burka.
she comfortably did what Quran asked to do, which is to cover all are body except her face and her palm, she does not need for the burkah.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Antina(f): 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
Dindondin:

Fight for it to be removed of course!! It doesn't change the value of naira cheesy!!
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
fellowman:

so why do you have shame, are you a slave?
why are you bringing religion to court?
even you too as a christian a slave. don't you know that?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by delishpot: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
Does Islam accept females to go to school and study law in a secular way? If she did not think religion during the study process, mixing with males not related to her etc all not supported in Islam, why then is she acting all strictly religious now?

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
Dindondin:
is Arabic word Islam, u could have even use that of Army. for the disgust we are proud to be a Muslim
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tugsramm(m): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
Limitednow:
easy bro
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by wirinet(m): 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

You mistake my position! Let me be clear, I support the right of anybody to wear their hijab in or outside the courthouse because I don't believe her hijab interferes with her ability to practice her profession. This is not a sentimental position either, unless there is something sentimental about secularism.

You avoided to answer my questiin; do you support the rights of a rastafarian to wear dredlocks to a court room as it does not interfere with ability to practice the profession? Will you agree to stand before a rastaferian judge wearing dredlocks?

I saw your response late.

You said you have no problem standing before a rastaferian judge with dredlocks, I hope you are telling the truth because Nigeria been known for religious extremism (both Christian and Muslim ), 99.9% of Nigerians would not allow a rastafarian to adjudicate his or her case.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by JaffyJoe(m): 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
University of ilorin breeds the most fanatical set of Muslims in the country. Finished from there so being part of that system exposed me to their ways. Sucks!

2 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Tugsramm(m): 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
Dindondin:
arabic nt islam just a language.as christians have their language also
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Brightolanton(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
dhardline:
I won't be surprised if she was put up to do this by some Muslim clerics just to arm twist the masses to forcefully do their bidding. They use human right as a front but once they get a grip of what they need they take Human Rights away and force their religion down the throats of the people.As the Holy Bible says 'they keep the outside of the cup clean but the inside remains filthy' juxtapose that to someone who wears hijab but boldly insults those advising her to take it ofbf.

Shallow thinking. Shame on you.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
wirinet:

You avoided to answer my questiin; do you support the rights of a rastafarian to wear dredlocks to a court room as it does not interfere with ability to practice the profession? Will you agree to stand before a rastaferian judge wearing dredlocks?

I didn't avoid your question, you missed my answer. Here it is again:

AgentOfAllah:

To be honest, I don't know what effect a judge in dreads has. Get this: your hair style or head gear does not define what's inside your head. I would absolutely stand before a judge wearing dreads, or any other judge, in so far as they are qualified to assume that position.

You still haven't told me how wearing hijab amounts to "imposing your religious expression on others". Has she forced others to wear hijab, or what's your point?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Geist(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

You mistake my position! Let me be clear, I support the right of anybody to wear their hijab in or outside the courthouse because I don't believe her hijab interferes with her ability to practice her profession. This is not a sentimental position either, unless there is something sentimental about secularism.
Are you in the best position to claim the bolded? I think there is a topic on FP addressing this issue already

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Dindondin(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
is Arabic word Islam, u could have even use that of Army. for the disgust we are proud to be a Muslim
Bloody illiterate. Is Arabic not synonymous to Islam?
Is Arabic our official language?
I m not denying you of your religious right. But must you force me to learn Arabic to read the meaning of what's writing in my Naira note & the Nigerian Army logo?
You guys wanted trouble. And it ll come one day.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by decasey(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
if you have her number tell her smoy is proud of her.
answer d question my friend. Will u??
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Dindondin(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Tugsramm:
arabic nt islam just a language.as christians have their language also
Is Arabic Nigeria's official language. Don't be sentimental, it's not supposed to be there.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Dindondin(m): 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
Antina:

Fight for it to be removed of course!! It doesn't change the value of naira cheesy!!
We don't cry over spilled milk. And no one is taking about the value of Naira here.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Geist:
Are you in the best position to claim the bolded? I think there is a topic on FP addressing this issue already

In what position do I have to be exactly to know that hijab does not prevent a lawyer from carrying out her legal duties? Please, if you have an argument that shows my position to be erroneous, I'm very curious to see it. Share it here, there are too many topics on front page to know what you're on about.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Dindondin:
Bloody illiterate. Is Arabic not synonymous to Islam?
Is Arabic our official language?
I m not denying you of your religious right. But must you force me to learn Arabic to read the meaning of what's writing in my Naira note & the Nigerian Army logo?
You guys wanted trouble. And it ll come one day.
i was forced to know English, thanks for the insult.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by SalamRushdie: 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
azyaq:
Is it a crime if they allow Muslim female lawyers wear hijab wen d Christian can dress d way they like. Be just man

Its not a crime at all my concern is that the young lady is being used by external sources to cause problem in body of law ...I dont like the Islamic doctrine pers say but I am very comfortable with the Hijab and i think i makes look regal if you ask me but the girls approach was silly and smacked of total civil disobedience .
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
decasey:
answer d question my friend. Will u??
which question?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by simsay: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
forzarush:
Raise your hand over your head and give yourself a knock. she is not ' the Muslim sisters that (has) have been called before her' and as to whether or not they are inferior,you should know since you seem to think you and your 'people pointers' know about Islam. Goan carry dictionary and look up the word fanatism.

You still haven't answered the questions.
What's the worse that will happen is she pulls off her hijab.
Those who put it away before her, are they inferior.
Why do you religion alienate their women from becoming sharia lawyers.
Why not use your energy to fight for your right as a Muslim sisters.
You are simply fighting the wrong battle. Inferiority complex will make you women leave your true oppressors and focus on the irrelevant.

Continue the corrections, English is just a borrowed language. And stop the abuses and put a strong reason forward you silly

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by daddyp76(m): 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
It better yiu sart tomorrow
Kagarko:

Just the way USA is a secular state. NBA President's daughter was called to bar with her Hijaab not even the type used by Amasa.

The white colonised us with their tradition and culture which is purely christianic in nature and people want us to continue domesticating those ideas Hook Line and Sinker.

Amasa's action is a Sacrifice for those coming behind.

The cross in our hospitals, the gowns in the schools are all Christians symbols. Yet Muslims Obey them hook line and sinker.

We'll soon start demanding for public holiday on Friday.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by adedehinbo(m): 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
Limitednow:

slowpoke,there is no difference between you and a mentally deranged person,hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Meet Ebere Asonibe, A Graduate Who Is A Native Doctor / Photos Of Twitter Staff Before And After Elon Musk / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.