Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City (3416 Views)

Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada / Chicason Recycling Company, Nnewi Opens In Anambra. Buys Refuse From Residents / Biggest Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
The second largest retail shopping outlet after shoprite in Nigeria opens in the ever glossing Abakaliki city.

Chief David Umahi, Governor of Ebonyi State yesterday said he was confident that the opening of ultra-modern Roban Stores in Abakaliki would create jobs for Ebonyi people.
Governor Umahi who stated this during the official opening of the mall said time of neglecting Ebonyi in the country had gone having become the Nazareth of the South East zone and Nigeria.
He commended the Chief Executive of the mall for integrating his children in the business saying, “as it is joyful to parents, to see their children succeeding them in their businesses”.
He disclosed that the state is constructing the biggest mall in the country and would be the most beautiful in West Africa to complement is on ground.
“We are presently constructing the biggest mall in the country and the most beautiful in West Africa which occupies 10, 000sqm and an ecumenical centre which occupies 8, 500sqm.
The Governor on behalf of the State Executive Council gave his wife N1 million to purchase gifts for motherless babies homes, widows and indigent children of her choice.
He also supported her with N500, 000 to purchase items for her family succour and upliftment programme and N100, 000 to his daughter, to purchase items for other children.
Chief Executive of Roban Stores, Chief Robert Anwatu, thanked the government and people of Ebonyi for allowing him do business in the State.
“I promise to deliver quality service to people discouraged me from investing in the state due to the wrong perception they have on the
State. He noted that 85 per cent of the employees are Ebonyi indigenes, as his business venture would contribute in the overall enhancement of the economy of the State.

http://oraclenews.ng/umahi-confident-new-jobs-roban-opens-ebonyi/
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
pics loading

Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
Front page please
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
Abakiliki is not a city, it can only pass as a town. Nigerians and inflated egos.

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
Igbo amaka cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
shervydman:
Abakiliki is not a city, it can only pass as a town. Nigerians and inflated egos.

Kindly define a city

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
uglyafonja:

Kindly define a city
According to Merriam Webster dictionary, A city is an inhabited place of greater population, size or importance than a town or village.
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by internationalman(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
And my state only has...

one mall
50 thousand beer parlours
3 companies

It's alright.
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
shervydman:

According to Merriam Webster dictionary, A city is an inhabited place of greater population, size or importance than a town or village.

So what is the population of abakaliki
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
internationalman:
And my state only has...
one mall 50 thousand beer parlours 3 companies
It's alright.
Which state is that
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
uglyafonja:

So what is the population of abakaliki
Well, I don't know the actual population of Abakaliki but if I go with 2006 census, it's about 150,000+. We'll have to wait till next year census. wink

The landmass of Ebonyi is just 5534kmsq, the 34th largest state in Nigeria. grin.

Guy, goan study before calling underdeveloped places cities, abeg. No pun intended
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by internationalman(m): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
uglyafonja:

Which state is that
Really?? so u could laugh at us?
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
shervydman:

Well, I don't know the actual population of Abakaliki but if I go with 2006 census, it's about 150,000+. We'll have to wait till next year census. wink

The landmass of Ebonyi is just 5534kmsq, the 34th largest state in Nigeria. grin.

Guy, goan study before calling underdeveloped places cities, abeg. No pun intended

150k really.....and you are sure you are OK

Where do you come from
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
internationalman:
Really?? so u could laugh at us?
I don't do that
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
uglyafonja:

150k really.....and you are sure you are OK

Where do you come from
Is it a surprise to u?? I only gave u abakaliki 2006 census number not the whole of ebonyi o, don't get me wrong o, it's over 10years.
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by internationalman(m): 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
uglyafonja:

I don't do that
It's the heartbeat of the nation
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
internationalman:
It's the heartbeat of the nation
that is more reason it should be filled with ngwori
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by internationalman(m): 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
uglyafonja:

that is more reason it should be filled with ngwori
What's that
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by uglyafonja: 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
internationalman:
What's that
That your place....
Re: Excitement As Roban Shopping Mall Opens In Abakaliki City by KayCee92(m): 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
shervydman:

Mugu

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Owner Behind The New Cubana Chief Priest Club Asaba / Willing To Pay #300,000 To Any Nigerian That Comes Up With A Good Business Ideas / Where To Get Plastic Bottles And Cartons In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.